Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Unbalanced Fish pools & Market contracts

I am very upset that I keep getting a lot of lobster pools lately. The fish contacts all ask for clams, shrimp and oysters, The balance of fish pools and the fish contacts are making it impossible to make money on fishing. GG needs to look into this as it is a very unbalanced system, Contracts need to include other fish than clams, shrimp and oysters and fishing pools need to be balanced with all fish.

Viviangamer

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I am very upset that I keep getting a lot of lobster pools lately. The fish contacts all ask for clams, shrimp and oysters, The balance of fish pools and the fish contacts are making it impossible to make money on fishing. GG needs to look into this as it is a very unbalanced system, Contracts need to include other fish than clams, shrimp and oysters and fishing pools need to be balanced with all fish.

Viviangamer
    It seems to rotate for me ... nothing but lobsters when I need oysters, nothing but tuna when I need cod.  But it all comes around, and I fill my contracts then.  I have accepted the fact that my contracts cannot be filled immediately, but I do manage to fill a few each week, which is fine as I put so little time and effort into fishing.  I don't fill more than that with organic market contracts, either. 
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 12.10.2017
    Contracts should be proportional to the efficiency of boats.  Better boats catch more fish but cost more per fish.  Clams shrimp and oysters and sometimes herring are loss making when norfolk wherry and skipjack is used.  About 80% of contracts ask for more than 200 of clams, shrimp and oysters and only 20% ask for more than 100 of swordfish, salmon, and cod.  The limit on making these is the small amount available in the pool which cannot be upgraded at all.  If they ask for more herring, tuna, lobster, swordfish, salmon, cod, but less clams, shrimp, oysters,  The supply and demand will be more even and the contracts will be more useful for the players.  
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Contracts should be proportional to the efficiency of boats.  Better boats catch more fish but cost more per fish.  Clams shrimp and oysters and sometimes herring are loss making when norfolk wherry and skipjack is used.  About 80% of contracts ask for more than 200 of clams, shrimp and oysters and only 20% ask for more than 100 of swordfish, salmon, and cod.  The limit on making these is the small amount available in the pool which cannot be upgraded at all.  If they ask for more herring, tuna, lobster, swordfish, salmon, cod, but less clams, shrimp, oysters,  The supply and demand will be more even and the contracts will be more useful for the players.  
    Then you're over-equipping. Every single pool can be profitable, regardless of fish or boat type, depending on how you equip the boat - even at direct sale prices.

Tip: If you're using freezers, you're over-equipping.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Here's another prediction of mine (a guess perhaps).......GGS will soon implement a skip pool with gold system. They will prey on our impatience and milk players of their gold with the promise of better pools. Skipping the pool may still regenerate a pool we don't need thus making the player skip it again.....and again....and again. Time will tell if i'm right.
  • Here's another prediction of mine (a guess perhaps).......GGS will soon implement a skip pool with gold system. They will prey on our impatience and milk players of their gold with the promise of better pools. Skipping the pool may still regenerate a pool we don't need thus making the player skip it again.....and again....and again. Time will tell if i'm right.
    Yup....... :p
  • I am very upset that I keep getting a lot of lobster pools lately. The fish contacts all ask for clams, shrimp and oysters, The balance of fish pools and the fish contacts are making it impossible to make money on fishing. GG needs to look into this as it is a very unbalanced system, Contracts need to include other fish than clams, shrimp and oysters and fishing pools need to be balanced with all fish.

Viviangamer
    @Viviangamer (US1) As far as we know, there are no changes planned for the pools, but there are changes coming for the contracts, so hopefully things will be more balanced after that.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    oh WascallyWabbit...dismayed to hear another change coming for the fishing...sigh  :(  although I would love to see change in the number of chum either generic or specific ie tuna etc...does it have to be in units of 8?!  while the contracts seem to ask for units of 10...sigh...with units of 8 the contracts take forever to fill.  I am hoping that the new changes won't be too harsh or cruel; I really like fishing and enjoy it as a change from regular farming and its contracts.
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    You can still make good $ with fishing, just have to work a bit lol
  • oh WascallyWabbit...dismayed to hear another change coming for the fishing...sigh  :(  although I would love to see change in the number of chum either generic or specific ie tuna etc...does it have to be in units of 8?!  while the contracts seem to ask for units of 10...sigh...with units of 8 the contracts take forever to fill.  I am hoping that the new changes won't be too harsh or cruel; I really like fishing and enjoy it as a change from regular farming and its contracts.
    @ronin7 (INT1) The plan was to add all the changes in one update & they finished the direct sales & adjustments to the contract rewards, but the changes to items in the contracts, that we asked for, were not finished in time. So rather than delay the other things, they did that update & the contract changes are still to come. 
    edited 16.10.2017
    Then you're over-equipping. Every single pool can be profitable, regardless of fish or boat type, depending on how you equip the boat - even at direct sale prices.

I equip boats with the correct equipment or lower value ones but still maximizes fish production.  Only trawlers that are empty or with very few equipment can make a profit from shrimp, clams, oysters pools.  Except for motorboats, all other boats fully and correctly equipped cost 1500-1700 per fish. 

All chum is loss making.  It can only be used as a filler for contracts with mostly higher value fish.  I never sell chum.  Will they change that so chum is profitable?

Chum takes a very long time, but contracts require around 200 regular chum and 10 chum from specific fish.  

Posts merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664

I equip boats with the correct equipment or lower value ones but still maximizes fish production.  Only trawlers that are empty or with very few equipment can make a profit from shrimp, clams, oysters pools.  Except for motorboats, all other boats fully and correctly equipped cost 1500-1700 per fish.  
    I think you should read @Southern (US1) 's tip again: maximizing your catch is not the most profitable way to equip your boats!
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    Thank you WascallyWabbit for the hope of it coming some time in the future ... I see from the readings in forum that techies must be really swamped with the dog/cat problems and other stuff like cooptober...this waiting time will be a good opportunity for me to practise my patience... :wink:
  • I am very upset that I keep getting a lot of lobster pools lately. The fish contacts all ask for clams, shrimp and oysters, The balance of fish pools and the fish contacts are making it impossible to make money on fishing. GG needs to look into this as it is a very unbalanced system, Contracts need to include other fish than clams, shrimp and oysters and fishing pools need to be balanced with all fish.

Viviangamer

you have perfectly right Viviangamer! This happened to me too fro quiet a week!
    however i leave game at least for a while but I thought its good to share my opinion to you too!

I have a suggestion, there will be at least 1 of each type of pool, of the 4 types, the other 2 are random.  
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    I'm having the same issue. Contracts asking for around 200 clams, oysters, shrimp but the pools, when they show up which isn't often :( only have 30 -40 clams & oysters in them so it takes well over a week to fulfill the 6 contracts I get. I've tried deleting the contracts but if you do that, it brings the $ amounts down on them so I have to wait and wait and wait!! Not happy with that part of it at all :(
  • Right now I have 4 lobster pools(don't need lobsters) 1shrimp/clam/ oyster pool with not many of each, and 1 swordfish, salmon/cod fish pool Guess what I need? Yep, herring and tuna. Please fix this soon.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Yes, my contracts have all been clammed up too.
  • Much needed advice!
    I've been trying to catch lobster for the past week and haven't been able to catch a single one.
    The pools shows it has lobster, but I'll catch oysters and shrimp instead.
    Any tips on how to catch lobster please!!?

Thank you
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Lobster come in pools by themselves. It sounds like you are confusing lobster and shrimp, easily done. 
    Look for the lobster that are all by themselves  :¬)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    @emily_rose (US1), here is an image of the 4 different pools, I hope it helps :)

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Yes, my contracts have all been clammed up too.

Mine too!  It seems like every contract I have has clams in it.  Even if I decline them the next one has................................clams.  

This really needs to be fixed.  Either fix the contracts or have more pools of the shellfish or at the very least more shellfish in the pools.

At least with the other market you can pick what you grow and harvest.  With this you cannot, you don't have a choice at all.

edited 22.10.2017
    Oh look!!! Yet another Tuna/Herring pool!!! And still no Shrimp/Oyster/Clam pools???

I declined all my contracts last night because I have had no Shrimp/Oyster/Clam pools to fill the multitudes of them that Every Single Contract had so...lets see....Oh and look at that....All 6 NEW contracts still requiring the same, some even have more than one of them...oysters & shrimp in quantities of over 100. So not bothering to do the math...I can say for sure that I'll not be making $34 million today, nor have I for 2 weeks or EVER!!! 

And don't even get me started on a contract that wants 135 Oysters for 1 Fuku Tsuho coin!!! (That's not what I'm calling them now either BTW) I don't even play the thing!!

Seriously GGS??? Can we please get something done about this....Not even sending all my boats out anymore...I'm bored!!! 
    oooh! Had to share lol.
    I now have 1 shellfish pool, with 30ish each of oysters & clams and 4ish shrimp......that should do it....hahahahaha!! NOT!!!    Jinkies!
  • BigGB (AU1)BigGB (AU1) AU1 Posts: 4
    Can not agree more. Contracts for over 600 oysters and some in all contracts and the 30 odd in a single pool for the day. Unable to fill one contract in a day due to this so GGS I believe your figures are out by about $34 million.
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    edited 22.10.2017
    I just got a contract with 5.7K Herring (when I receive this 'Awesome' contract, I only have 687 herring on my barn). So, regardless what type of pool would be spawn, if you can't empty it ASAP, you'll never go anywhere. Trouble is, you need to become more active to do that, so better to do like you want, and don't be forced to play without any enjoyment beneath it.

By the way, for shellfish contract, I only accept for 5 Million value or it offers Gold. This is due to accept & decline at same item variant basis work in value 99 contract. And if nothing ask for it, sometimes I use them for crafting their chum (of course only small amount, to keep them increase in my barn). Using speedy strategy, I can get at rate of 3 shellfish pool per day (more or less depending on luck). Although, currently I want to get Tuna/Herring or Lobster contract rather than this one.
    Sorry @Surya54 (INT1) I didn't understand that at all??

As for part of my earlier comment about Fuku Tsuho.... a case in point:

• garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Your contracts will improve as you level up the market , but you have to suffer a bit on the way . If you keep flushing all bad contracts at low market levels , your market never improves .
    As for pools, all you can do is keep emptying them, I find shellfish pools tend to come in groups , apart from the odd token one . The more pools you empty, the more shellfish you will get .
    We are promised improved contracts in a future update  , now we have extra expansions on farms to use the dollars up , so just have to wait and hope  ....

• If it's cash you're after decline everything that offers anything else.  The game's idea of what is "valuable" is seriously flawed.  How much cash are they saying that 10,000 XP is worth I'm getting with my contract?  I'd say an awful lot and what do you need XP for anyway?  Anyone?

Your coin is a prime example but the analogy fits for everything else that's not cash.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    If it's cash you're after decline everything that offers anything else.  The game's idea of what is "valuable" is seriously flawed.  How much cash are they saying that 10,000 XP is worth I'm getting with my contract?  I'd say an awful lot and what do you need XP for anyway?  Anyone?

Your coin is a prime example but the analogy fits for everything else that's not cash.
    I just look at the cash amounts.  If other items are added on, fine by me.

104 clams, 1700 per fish for any boat except motorboat.  Total cost 176800
    (1 rose seeds * 1.11) rounded up = 2 rose seeds
    Max level field (9): produces 38 roses per seed pack, 38*2=76 roses
    Roses sell for 180 each, 180*76 = 13680 dollars
    Net value of contract 13680 - 176800 = -163120
    GGS needs to increase the number of rose seeds by about 50 times to make this type of contract a profit!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file