Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 16th - "Deep Sea Changes" - Discussion

Comments

• BigElaine (US1)BigElaine (US1) Posts: 18
    edited 17.08.2017
      There are alot of very disappointed farmers since the changing of the deep sea fishing farm. Need to put it back so that we can sell them or either donate to the market for goodies, let it be our decision.  Awe fiddle, just hit the undo button and let us get back to doing what we do best!   FARMING

Don't ya think we have enough problems, you know with the economy and all. I just won't go to that farm. It's kinda like you and your team are throwing things left and right at us. Slooow down a bit and think about you plans for the game. I knew the selling price on the fish was a big UT-OH and I dont  know nothing about the numbers, worksheet, spreadsheet's and so forth. Please don't ruin this game for me, I so enjoy it, and every know and then I do buy a little gold to show my support.
    Post edited by BigElaine (US1) on
  • Personally I feel ripped off . After spending wads of cash on gold getting my dock and ships to a TOP level and now are so not worth the money paid. After reading 27 pages of complaints belive I'm not alone in this .I am currently dismantling the temp farm , and I am waiting to see if this problem that your greed has caused comes to a sensible solution If not I will dismantle the whole fleet and Stop spending ANY cash what so ever.  In future you may want think through updates before you launch them . 
  • crf (US1)crf (US1) US1 Posts: 97
    edited 17.08.2017
    Ridiculous. You shouldn't have allowed us to sell the fish to begin with if you were going to do this. Where I could sell fish for a couple of million......................NOW I get: A rake and a pet brush for 200+Cod? Really?
    The option should be open to the player to either sell or use the market. I would use the market but not when I get a brush and rake for a boat load of Cod, Swordfish or Salmon. 357 Shrimp and 194 oysters for  2 rakes and 1 brush?  Another 279 Tuna and 12 Tuna chum.  Guess what you get?   Wait for it.............................5 Karma points.  ARGH!
    Post edited by crf (US1) on
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Been fun while it lasted but it's officially over for me. Having fun destroying my lvl 236 farms..already got rid of all decos, dogs, fields, storage barns, 25 apples, labs, mills, silo and almost half my 45 ducks. Only 1 more trawler to go out of a fleet of 14 lvl 6 trawlers..did the math & it will take me another 30 days to destruct everything remaining and I already got 9 Billion farm dollars and not done yet. Somebody is going to get free money but will be tough to find some mid-level co-ops that are still moving forward I think..just may have to let it rot with the empty farms out in no man's land.. adios GGS & YES, I get the last laugh...YEEHAW!!!!

I had to go look too!  I am actually speechless! 
    What a sad day on the farm!!!! shame on BF !!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for all the nice PM's folks. Wouldn't be surprised if GGS removed my post for fear it could spread..LOL..
    @contrary (US1) A sad day indeed, I am really sorry to see this :(

@Everyone, please do not despair yet, your feedback IS being read & discussed by the team & changes are always possible. Of course, things will not be changed back to exactly how they were before & from earlier posts, a lot of were already aware that something would change with the way the fishing was, but if you could continue to post you opinions on the specific things that you dislike or even like, that is the best way to get those things looked at again.
    Do u really think there is a like feature in this update seriously :angry: u guys just made fun of the normal players u didn't even think once they had one thing that is gonna benefit them and then u take back 
    BTW what and how many discussion u need to post a new update u are not thinking that 25 pages of disscussions from all the players are not worth to change your mind .... Really just how many more messages u want to see on this update????

And @brian69 (SKN1) they most of the time listened to us..you can't really say they'll ignore us like they've always done...they're nice most of the time.
    And tbh..what were we doing before this deep sea? Ofc struggling,making up strategies to earn dollars in different ways and waiting for gradual progress..And as i always tell myself...Games aren't worth investing real money..
    Coco 17 hahaha what to say to u now u ended the discussion strategy u say I wanna hear what type of u were using before and in between and now :open_mouth:
     :D don't think bad just think about worst
  • My fellow farmers, this fish market is one HUGE RIPOFF.  Might be the biggest one ever by GGS and I will not be participating.  I will be boycotting it. I will not sell all my products at a loss and pretend I am not.  Maybe they can't do math or maybe they think we can't.  Doesn't matter either way.  A contract for 374 chum and 126 Sword pays 1,233,330--6pet combs and 2 rakes, but costs over 1.4 mil to produce.  Don't just click and go!! Do the math for yourselves and don't sell your products at a loss.  Just don't sell them at all if GGS will not provide a reasonable market.  You can still have fun on the farm!!
  • The ONLY thing that will keep me from leaving the game is for BF to allow me to sell off all of the fish that I EARNED prior to the change at the price at the time prior to the change. I /we EARNED these $$$ playing the game as BF established, for BF to just arbitrarily decide to take away the $$$ I had stored is a deal breaker for me !!!!! 

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Been fun while it lasted but it's officially over for me. Having fun destroying my lvl 236 farms..already got rid of all decos, dogs, fields, storage barns, 25 apples, labs, mills, silo and almost half my 45 ducks. Only 1 more trawler to go out of a fleet of 14 lvl 6 trawlers..did the math & it will take me another 30 days to destruct everything remaining and I already got 9 Billion farm dollars and not done yet. Somebody is going to get free money but will be tough to find some mid-level co-ops that are still moving forward I think..just may have to let it rot with the empty farms out in no man's land.. adios GGS & YES, I get the last laugh...YEEHAW!!!!

I had to go look too!  I am actually speechless! 
    What a sad day on the farm!!!! shame on BF !!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for all the nice PM's folks. Wouldn't be surprised if GGS removed my post for fear it could spread..LOL..
    @contrary (US1) A sad day indeed, I am really sorry to see this :(

@Everyone, please do not despair yet, your feedback IS being read & discussed by the team & changes are always possible. Of course, things will not be changed back to exactly how they were before & from earlier posts, a lot of were already aware that something would change with the way the fishing was, but if you could continue to post you opinions on the specific things that you dislike or even like, that is the best way to get those things looked at again.

Drug test the numbers guy because he is definitely smoking something better than we all are if he thought this "rebalance" would work!!! I also rebalanced - my bank account and it looks like there is no money for gold for a LONG time!!!
  • brian69 (SKN1)brian69 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 36
    They should drop the change they made for a few days or a week, so we could prepare for the changes.

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Longer fishing times.
    Dramatic reduction in fish prices.
    No direct fish selling.

Pure Genius, Well done GGS.
    You forget the large reduction of some fish, like the swordfish, salmon and herring. So no more daily fishXP anymore. Not to mention that the FHW is now a mission impossible too.
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Dismantling my temp farm. Planned to work it for the first time completely. Usually I just play a small amount on the temp farms. Now I will no longer play the temp farms at all. The Deep Sea Fishing was a nice addition while it lasted. All trawlers, 1 billion when this new change started. I plan to run my trawlers until the items I already purchased to fill the trawlers and send then out have been depleted. I will not buy any in the future, so the powers that are have a little adjustment time. I no longer plan on using the meadow or doing anything in or with the village. Returning to my basic three farms and quietly tending to the few goals remaining. No upgrading of Matilda's lab or Lester's tree, I will work the greenhouse and Mermaid bay as long as I have product, not going out of my way. Lucky for me, I expanded all the farms along with the trawlers in the beginning. I placed how I wanted my farm, the only changes will be deco's as I earn them for my deco tower. None of my playing habits changed on the three farms, I added the new items and played equally on each farm. Now I will only play the three farms. No gold will ever be bought again, already been a good length of time since I bought. I will not be playing the co-op items to the extent I have in the past. At level 176, I am often the top player in my co-op. I will no longer be putting in that kind of time nor will I be recruiting others to join BF. Have a nice day.
  • IceeMimi (US1)IceeMimi (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    You are giving us junk items in exchange for our Deep Sea Fishing now and very little money if any. Seriously. The rakes, brushes, karma, are of no use personally. They only benefit if you use them on another's farm. I am all for doing that in an event, do not get me wrong. Just that, I am spending wads of cash to send out my trawlers and getting theoretically nothing in return. I need funds to keep my farms running, not something I have to use on another's farm. And the costs factor when working the stats, these items are not worth my time, funds, nor efforts to continue working the Deep Sea Fishing any longer. I will also no longer recruit others to play your game.
  • I am so upset by the changes in the deep sea fishing.I thought "FINALLY" I can earn enough farm dollars to upgrade things like the school, lester's  stash and farm lab that cost an obscene amount of farm dollars that will take years to accumulate. Once again disappointed by a decision by GGS.
  • Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69
    edited 17.08.2017

The problem is simply that it costs heaps more to send out the ships with sailors and equipment than you can possibly expect to recoup at the market from the fish. And that is  multiple times over. Where is the balance? What business sense do they have?

For example: If you run a fleet of mercedes cars for weddings and the like, and a party hires 10 cars with chauffeur, would you take the contract if they paid you 15 peanuts and 2 pairs of rubber gloves as compensation? Of course not.

What now if the Government made a new law that you cannot accept any contracts for your cars from anybody else, cannot sell them, but have to accept 15 peanuts and 2 pairs of rubber gloves as payment and live with it.
    I know what I would do. Leave those Mercs in the garage and stick those rubber gloves you know where.

• Lady_Muck (AU1)Lady_Muck (AU1) AU1 Posts: 69

I just had a brilliant idea to solve the whole crisis.

Let's all give GG an authorisation to all our bank accounts to help themselves to as much money as they need and want, and in return the let us play an enjoyable game without those silly gold coins.

Good night all.  :p
  • Gincopr (US1)Gincopr (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    edited 17.08.2017
    So not happy with the fish market!  2 Measly tuna chum contracts !  THAT'S It for 10 each!  THE Rewards do not compare to what i could sell them for!  NO Requests for restaurant items no request contracts for other fish.. Do not like not having the option to sell the fish !  YOU Have ruined the fun experience of sending the boats out !!!!! With the money i was earning from fishing i could get land expansions and improve all my farms by upgrading and adding decos !   

Edited to change from all uppercase letters.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I am not here to complain, just to try and reason with the programmers.
    No matter what any of us say or do, you have made you decision.

You say it's important to maintain a balance in the game and I do understand that. As it stands right now there isn't a balance. We can no longer afford to equip our boats. You should have lowered the price of equipment and crew at the same time you removed the ability to sell fish out-right to maintain a balance in the game.

• EmilieFarms (US1)EmilieFarms (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 17.08.2017
    I have been playing this game for about two years now. During the time that I have been playing this game, I have joined a co-op that I love, I have gotten my mom and brother to start playing this game and they love it.  I have gone through so much in the past two years. This game has been a major stress reliever for me. Over the past few months there have been so many changes made to the game. The change that I, and my co-op, are most upset about is the introduction of the Fish Market. Writing this has been the first time I have ever been on the forum. Therefore, I had no idea that overnight all of the fish that I had gathered would be practically useless. I have tons of fish that I am now not able to sell except if, by chance, I get an order for them. Ugh. My family and I spend very little on our farms. The money we got from the fishing was very nice to have, I bought a lot of land with it. Right now, at this point, I am seriously considering finding another game to play unless something doesn't change about this whole fishing thing.
  • giles 5 (GB1)giles 5 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 14
    My fleet will be mothballed today,i don,t even know how the fish market operate,i will not fish or buy gold until the direct sale of fish is restored, this little trick by GGS has left me 200 million out of pocket?that whats it cost me to build the fleet up.
  • bad choices-people are angry, unhappy with these changes- you should at least give the option to sell the fish in the market (the excess fish not needed for orders at least)
    So many people relied on the money from the sale of the deep sea fish to upgrade their farms (hugely expensive) and maintenance when needed. this is not a good decision, I hope they listen to all the upset and angry players- people are leaving the game because of it, refusing to spend gold now (or to buy gold with real $)
    this is frustrating and saddening -we get prizes from other sources- it is not right.
  • pequelerena (ES1)pequelerena (ES1) ES1 Posts: 330

Hi, in Spain, we have taken a decision to express our disagreement with the fishing update:
    Next challenge: 0 missions, 0 gold purchase
  • Thorim (US1)Thorim (US1) US1 Posts: 197
    I just looked at the rankings there are 28,978 ranked players on the United States 1 server, that doesn't count 1st levels, even with 27 plus pages of mostly complaints it doesn't add up to a drop of spit in the ocean. I don't know how many of that number are active players.....
  • Yeah welldone GGS i think now you lose so many customers... in about this changes.... no more profit in gold buys.... or anything else... players are so booring this kind changes....
  • giles 5 (GB1)giles 5 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 14
    I am with you guys I also will not buy any gold until the sale of fish is restored?
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    The game did NOT require re-balancing.  DSF actually brought about a NEW balance to the game that was better than before the deep sea fishing.  Many of the posts in this thread express that.  

Many of the posts here express how people found themselves able to participate in and enjoy more of the features of the game.  These posts have been both from newer, lower level players AND from old timers who should have long since become bored with the game.

Were some of us who had already fully developed our farms able to capitalize on the obscene profits from DSF quickly?  Yes.  Did we now find a new spark and interest in BigFarm than we had before DSF?  Yes.  Were we making more money than could possibly be spent in the game?  Well, not really if you look at upgrading the lab, Matilda, etc.  But $150 million a day is certainly an extravagant excess AT THIS TIME.  However, it was an excess that newer players were not able to achieve overnight the way us old timers were.  Newer players were still having to struggle and plan and save and strategize to try to accomplish what was newly possible.  The lock-outs based on XP levels and the huge costs (in time and farm dollars) were still gigantic barriers to be overcome.  And the new folks didn't have the advantage of farms that were already upgraded all the way.  So that "balance" wasn't really compromised at all by deep sea fishing.

The only thing that was necessary (and could still be) is to make that promised 4th permanent farm as ridiculously expensive as we know it's going to be.   Will some of us old timers build up a few billion in our bank accounts to be prepared for that?  You bet.  Are we bored because we have so much money?  No.  Will we continue playing BigFarm after this new "adjustment"...   that has yet to be determined.

But, to repeat for emphasis, the game did not require re-balancing.  The new balance brought to the game by Deep Sea Fishing was better for players old and new than what existed before.

• I'm done.  I was planning to quit this game until I realized that I could move somewhat faster with the money earned from fishing.  Now that is gone.  I don't have any interest in playing a game that takes literally weeks to make any progress unless you are willing to spend thousands of real dollars to buy gold.  So I am moving on with my life and leaving Big Farm behind for good.  I'm sure I won't be missed.  And I'm pretty sure I won't miss you. 

• Gincopr (US1)Gincopr (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    We need to sell the fish to be able to send the boats out!!  Crew and equipment is EXPENSIVE!!!  The fish market better give better rewards for us to "AFFORD" to send boats out!!!  Balance things by decreasing upgrade and land expansion costs and fishing equipment costs...Just Sayin' 
  • Well GGS you have really messed up on this on you need to re balance the pools /  I have emptied 30 & still no cod salmon or swordfish in sight :-(   The biggest bulk of orders need them pull you socks up & get it sorted please.
Sign In to comment.