Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Simple, Basic Guide and Tips for Fishing with new dockyard boats/ships. * Sorry the dream ended *

Comments

• "Finally, If anyone from one of the big farm helper websites wanted to copy/paste and use this guide there too, feel free to do so, no copy right stuff or even mentioning name needed either, knowledge is free. B "

----------

I did not read the guide yet. I am sure it will be helpful or more than helpful. I am already doing ok with dockyard, that I am getting in a race against the clock to buy all the extra land expansion I did not buy yet, because I do not believe that GGS are actually letting us making such profit fast. and I fear that they will change this as soon as they realize their  mistake LOL

but the above quote shows how generous person you are. to put so much effort in something like writing this guide and  giving away you right for a simple acknowledgment . that's really something that stopped me to say thank you for that. even when you do not wish to be thanked  

Thanks Prince13 (INT1)  for kind words. :)

---------------------------------------------------
    Notice worthy of mention:

Fixed some minor errors in the text caused by the recent hotfix, in the "total time" formula (now Travel time is for "go" and "come back" so it not needs to be doubled in calculations anymore).
    Fixed Tip No.7, since it changed after the hotfix (excess travel time saved, have no effect on fishing time now).
    Changed Part 5 of "Fishing for lazy ppl" section, added 2 new notes regarding oysters,clam,shrimp (one about mystery boxes in the farm laboratory (Thanks Rusty Farmer (AU1) ), and the other about "emptying nearest Oyster, clam, shrimp pools to unlock new better pools before night-time" in case of not having good enough pools)

Let me know if there are still some parts that maybe are wrong or need to be changed (due to the recent hotfix) please. Thanks everyone :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Southern (US1)  where are you getting the costs to make chum?

1 oyster chum costs me $6 to make
    1 lobster chum costs me $11 to make
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    JVD (US1) said:

Lobster Chum takes 4 Lobsters to make.  That's $72,500 worth of Lobster. I didn't even bother adding the production costs since it was already so expensive.
    @Southern (US1)

ok, so that is the price for selling the lobsters which didn't cost me anything to catch, that is  what I missed, it is not the production cost of the lobster chum. You are talking profit of selling vs using it to make chum.

thanks
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705

I'm pretty sure I've made over 100M in about 3 days, and my fleet isn't even at maximum efficiency yet!

Producing chum is important for seaweed, it is going to be a lot easier to afford higher levels of farm lab now where this is used.

Also, fishing XP is now flying up thanks to building boats, boat upgrades and deep sea daily tasks. I feel like we are finally being rewarded for hanging in there all this time.

• DoctorX (INT1)DoctorX (INT1) Posts: 139
    edited 12.06.2017
    Hi Everyone

I created a calculator to help you plan your ships at the Dockyard
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/155538/dockyard-strategy-calculator#latest

Post edited by DoctorX (INT1) on
  • Any ideas are welcome...I cant get the dockyard to open.  I am not getting credit for using the bass bait on the GF page.  I have contacted GGS, but that's no help.  Am I doing something wrong?
  • Jinxy (INT1)Jinxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 165
    edited 12.06.2017
    Any ideas are welcome...I cant get the dockyard to open.  I am not getting credit for using the bass bait on the GF page.  I have contacted GGS, but that's no help.  Am I doing something wrong?
    I remember having problems using bait on gourmet farm too. Try using the bait on your main farm or flower farm, might help finish that task.

@Griffith (INT1) , thank you so much for taking the time to write this guide and for updating it with all the changes. Reading it has been very helpful to me. And many thanks to everyone contributing to this topic and sharing your experiments, you guys have saved me a lot of time! :)

Post edited by Jinxy (INT1) on

• Hi everyone, as title says it, this is gonna be a bit tiring probably, but bear with it, I promise you won't regret it once you see, learn and get used to the magic of MAKING LOTS OF DOLLARS daily from the new fishing yard.
    (well the magic got 1/3 weaker due to recent hotfix of ggs, but it's still a strong magic, so believe in it :p  )

An important note before I start the guide:
    No haters please, if this guide can't help you, or if you hate fishing yard generally, or if you don't care about more dollars, etc etc for whatever the reason if you don't like this thread, or if you don't agree with some parts of it, take what is good in it(if any) and go make your own better/improved guide in another thread instead. No hating or trolling.
    On the other hand if you have some great friendly ideas to improve this guide or such, please use private message and send me your opinion too so that we learn more from eachother.(it's a new feature so there will certainly be some parts in which I may be very wrong yet too)
    Lastly, this guide is use-able by all players generally and following it can still make good profit for any player, but it's most beneficial for High level and Active players. the reason for this is because, different goals, different playing styles and such factors can affect "which is the best way to fish" or "what are the best types of boats", so this is not a "100% optimized solution for all players", yet as I said it can get you going and help you make alot profit daily, till you get the hang of it, and find your own best combinations/boats/etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

"Where to Start"
    General tips:

1-click on the dockyard in the flower farm
    2-click on the boat icon in build/production circle
    3-buy a Motorboat for 12000 dollar
    (The boat will start getting built then, for this you need to have free build though)
    Note: you should finish oleg's 26 fishing tasks first in the main 3 farms before being able to unlock dockyard, otherwise it won't let you start building boats. And also if you are upgrading/building something else in your farms, you have to wait till they finish first before being able to start building a boat.
    4-"upgrading your dockyard" unlocks new boats to build
    5-"upgrading your boats" can improve their efficiency and fish catching performance
    6-you can maximum have a total of 14 boats

So you can start with building 14 Motorboats at first and later after you upgraded your dockyard and when you unlocked different new boats like "Runabout" for example, then you can demolish a few(2-4) lvl 1 Motorboats easily and make a few Runabouts instead.

Suggestion: don't upgrade all of your boats from the start, only upgrade 2 of each type of boats( i.o.w. 2 Motorboats, 2 Runabouts, and so on... and keep the rest at level 1), till you can easier later decide what boat types work best with your play-style and goals.
    hope this was easy to understand :)

------------------------------------------------------
    "Few important things to know about fishing with boats" 
    Main article:

By understanding 4 important factors, you can get your fishing started and make some daily profit from it and gradually optimize your own fishing performance based on your own play-style and goals:

1- Travel time:
    When you open a pool, on top left corner of it, you can find a small clock-shaped icon and in front of that icon you can find the "Standard Travel time" to that specific pool.
    For example if it shows 4 hours, then it means it will take 4 hours in total just for your boat to "go to" that pool and then "come back" from that pool.

2- Fishing time:
    Fishing time can change based on the type and upgrade level of a boat (Default "Fishing time" of the boat) and it can also change based on the number and type of "Fishing time" crew that you assign to the boat.
    For example Default Fishing time for Motorboat lvl 1 is 42minutes. Now if you add 1 cheapest "Fishing time" crew (Walter) to the boat, then 1 hour will be added to the Fishing time and Fishing time becomes 1 hour and 42 minutes. This means after your boat reached that certain pool, it will fish for 1 hour and 42 minutes in that pool.

(Note: If there exists a very limited amount of fish in a pool and your boat (depending on its Fish/hour rate) be able to catch all of the remaining fish in that pool(till it becomes empty) sooner than when its pre-defined "Fishing time" should end, then in such cases, your "Fishing time" regardless of how long you defined it (when you sent out the boat), will be auto-adjusted and shortened according to your Fish/hour rate and number of remaining fish in the pool. ***This still needs more tests to be confirmed***)

When you send your boat to fish in a pool, the Fishing time will be added to the Travel time.
    Using the previous examples:
    (4 hours) + (1 hour and 42 minutes) = 5 hours and 42 minutes
    This means, it will take 5 hours and 42 minutes in total, for your boat to "go to" that pool, "fish" in that pool, and "come back" from that pool.

3- Travel time saved:
    As the in-game description of it says too, this indicates how much time is saved when traveling to a fishing location.
    "Travel time saved", can change based on the type and upgrade level of a boat (Default "Travel time saved" of the boat) and it can also change based on the number and type of "Travel Speed" crew that you assign to the boat.
    For example Default "Travel time saved" for Motorboat lvl 1 is 30minutes. And if you add 1 cheapest "Travel speed" crew(Jim) to the boat, then 9minutes will be added to the "Travel time saved" and it becomes 39 minutes. This means in total (39minutes * 2) = 1 hour and 18 minutes time will saved, during your boat's round-trip to the pool (39 minutes when it is "going to" the pool, and 39 minutes when it is "coming back" from the pool)

Now the finale will be:

Based on these 3 explained time related factors, the summary will be:

(Travel time) + (Fishing time) - (2 * Travel time saved) = Total time for your boat to go,fish and come back.

Using the examples mentioned in above sections and the formula:
    So we explained at first how it takes 5 hours and 42 minutes for your boat to go, fish, and comeback (Travel time + Fishing time), but also we explained 1 hour and 18 minutes of it will be reduced and saved in going and coming back(2 * Travel time saved).
    So in short that means it will take 4 hours and 24 minutes in total for your boat to go and fish and come back.

or (4 hours) + (1 hour and 42 minutes) - (2 * 39 minutes) = 4 hours and 24 minutes.

This is all the explanation that you need about "time". Once you understand how this works, after practicing a bit, you can easily guess estimate how long it will take for the "specific" boat of yours to go, fish and come back, from different pools, and then you can easily manipulate it to what you desire, for example by choosing a different pool (longer distance pool, or lower distance pool, i.o.w longer travel time, or lower travel time), or by assigning different fishing time crew, or different travel speed crew.

So it may look a bit complicated at first, but after you catch fish a few times with your boats, and specially after you get used to your specific boats and can distinguish them easily from one another, then you won't be going and doing all this exact calculations anymore. Meaning that after some practice for example when you see a pool with 2 hour travel time, you simply can guess it takes like ~4 hours for let's say a motorboat without any items/crew added to go fish there and come back. Or estimate ~5 hours for a Norfolk wherry to do the same. You can almost the same way(by practicing a bit) get used to using "Fishing time" crew or "Travel speed" crew too.

Now let me tell you more about the last important factor remaining:

4 - Fish/hour rate and Capacity
    Each boat depending on its level and type has a different default Capacity and Fish/per hour rate.
    For example for Motorboat lvl 1 without any item/crew added, the default Capacity is 10, and the default Fish/hour rate is 2.
    And without using any extra item/crew Motorboat lvl 1 has a 42minutes default Fishing time.
    This means, if you send this boat to catch lobster for example, it will only catch:
    0.7hour(42min) * 2 (fish per hour) ~  1 to 2 Fish only
    And that is an awful result, so never send your boat like that.

In such cases like this example, instead either add "Fishing time" crew to the boat till its "Fishing time" reaches ~5 hours at least:
    5(hours) * 2(fish per hour) = 10 fish = (the point is to reach equal or close to) 10 Capacity.

Or add "Fish caught per hour" crew to it, so that it fills your boat bucket (10 capacity in this example) in the defined "Fishing time" (42 minutes in this example).

This is the basic of it. With more upgraded and bigger boats, you can add even both of those crew types at the same time too, and even add "Capacity" items too, to your desire and based on your play-style and goals.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tips and Tricks:

In this section I will explain a few tips and tricks which also can get you going with the fishing business and help you make a better profit for yourself:

1- Start with 14 motorboats lvl 1(don't wait till you upgrade dockyard fully first, and don't wait till you upgrade each boat 1 by 1, the time lost, also can mean profit lost). It takes 3 minutes to build one lvl 1 motorboat, and 1.5 minutes to demolish it if wanted to get better boats later, so don't hesitate too much, Just build and start fishing and slowly improve.

2- Plan in a way that after you upgrade your dockyard, gradually you change some motorboats to better/bigger boats and that in the end you mostly have Trawler and Skipjack. This very much depends on your play-style and your level, meaning that If you are not high level enough to upgrade dockyard to unlock Skipjack and Trawler, then it is still good to make some Norfolk Wherry, But if you are high level enough to go straight for level 6 or level 8 dockyard upgrade, do it and don't waste much on lower level boats, and ignore Norfolk Wherry totally even that boat is almost practically useless (unless you won't be high level enough to unlock Skipjack and Trawler or Unless you win a level 6 upgraded Norfolk Wherry for example from Hardworker event, in which case it will be good till you can can get your hands on upgraded Trawlers and Skipjacks at least), And go straight for making some Trawler and Skipjack instead, and also keep in mind, generally the bigger boats are better so don't waste too much on upgrading smaller boats specially if you can straight go for Skipjack and Trawler for example. Still having a bunch of smaller and fast speed boats (like a few upgraded Runabout at end game maybe 1 to 3 of it) on hand can sometimes come in handy too (consider it sacrificing some profit for more flexibility). Another point in doing so, is "being able to easily distinguish boats from one another", if for example you have 14 trawlers, you gonna have a hard time remembering all their names to be able to distinguish "which" you sent to catch "what", because when boats return from pools, they won't show what kind of fish they have brought back until you click and harvest them (which can be too late sometimes, for example during fishing Hardworker event this can sometimes ruin your whole plan). Also having 1 lvl 1 motorboat on hand can be a good choice too, the reason is because you can easily continuously build and demolish level 1 motorboat, to get 3400 fish EXP every 4.5 minutes (3 minutes build + 1.5 minutes demolish).

***Important Note: After testing Trawlers and Skipjacks a bit more in the past few days, I noticed that there still exists profitable ways for catching Shrimps,Clams, and Oysters with those boats too, their only downside is their high fishing time at max upgraded levels, which can slow down emptying pools or performance in Hardworker event sometimes. But aside from that They are by far the best boats, So my "suggestion" for end game boats combination is:

(4 to 6) x lvl 6 Trawlers + (4 to 6) x lvl 6 Skipjack + (1 to 3) x lvl 6 Runabout + 1 x lvl 1 motorboat
    Total boats should always be = 14

Notice that this is still subject to change, and if gradually I notice better combinations, I will update this guide too, but for now you can consider the reasons for having each of these boats like this:
    1x Motorboat lvl 1 = For continuous build and demolish to get Fish EXP (3400 F-EXP per 4.5 minutes)
    (1 to 3) x Runabout = Short Fishing time/Fast speed/Small cargo/Pool cleaners/
    Flexibility/Having different boat
    (4 to 8) x Skipjack = Medium Fishing time/ Medium speed / Medium cargo /
    Flexibility / Having different boat
    (4 to 8) x Trawler = Long Fishing time / Slow speed/ High Cargo / Flexibility / Having different boat

Some Examples:
    (1 x lvl 1 motorboat) + (1 x lvl 6 Runabout) + (4 x lvl 6 Skipjack) + (8 x lvl 6 Trawler)
    or

(1 x lvl 1 motorboat) + (1 x lvl 6 Runabout) + (8 x lvl 6 Skipjack) + (4 x lvl 6 Trawler)
    or

(1 x lvl 1 motorboat) + (1 x lvl 6 Runabout) + (8 x lvl 6 Skipjack) + (4 x lvl 6 Trawler)
    or
    (1 x lvl 1 motorboat) + (1 x lvl 6 Runabout) + (6 x lvl 6 Skipjack) + (6 x lvl 6 Trawler)
    or
    (1 x lvl 1 motorboat) + (3 x lvl 6 Runabout) + (5 x lvl 6 Skipjack) + (5 x lvl 6 Trawler)

3- When there is only 1 type of fish say for example there is only lobster in a pool, you don't need to use "lobster cage item", same applies for all types. but when there is more than 1 type of fish in 1 pool, say for example there is Tuna and Herring together in one pool, then if you want to maximize your boat capacity and catch focused only on one type of fish, say Tuna for example for hardworker event, then you should use the special equipment for that type of fish, meaning Tuna catching tool for this example, otherwise if you don't use any special equipment your boat still automatically catches "a balanced amount" of all types of fish that exists in that pool. (Very Important Note: for more information about how this "balanced amount" is calculated read more in Tip No.4)

4- Fish/hour rates is for all types of fish in a pool together - that means whether there exists 1 type or 3 types of fish, if your Fishing rate be 9 for example, then you will catch only 9 total fish per hour (9 of 1 type in 1 fish type pool, or 3 of each type in 3 fish type pool). This applies both to the default fish/hour rate of your boats, and also to the bonus fish/hour rate that you gain from assigned crew.
    Now as long as there exists enough of each type of fishes in the pool, whether you use or not use any "special equipment" for fishing, the simplified formula for calculating total fish caught will be:

(Default Fish/hour rate of boat + Bonus Fish/hour rate from crew) *(Fishing time/hour)

Example: if you have a 1 hour fishing time, total 6 fish/hour rate(default + crew), and you send your boat to a pool with Tunas and Herrings, you will end up with 6 total fish (3 Tuna and 3 Herrings).
    using the formula:
    6(Fish/hour) * 1(hour) = 6 total Fish catch

*Important Note 1: Of course there must be required amount of fish still remaining in that pool - for the above same example if there will be 10 Tuna and only 1 Herrings remaining in the pool, you will catch 5 Tuna and only 1 Herring.

*important Note 2: Always make sure your "
    total fish catch"(that you can calculate using the above mentioned formula) be very close to your "Capacity", if your "Capacity" is too much higher than your "total fish catch", then use some more "Fish/hour crew" or some more "Fishing time increase crew". And if your "total fish catch" is too much higher than your "Capacity", then use some more "Capacity items", until they become almost equal or very close to eachother and you have no more space for adding more tools/crew. Doing this will optimize your profit!

**Important Note 3: If you send a boat to a fishing pool with 3 fish species, but also use Special Equipment for only 1 type of fish too with it, then the formula mentioned above will still remain true as long as there exists enough of that specific type of fish in the pool. So generally if you are a hardcore fisher and catch alot of fish per day and empty many pools then there's no need to use "special equipment" but if you fish very limited per day and are looking for more profit then use "Special Equipment" for the most expensive fish in the pools (Ex. Swordfish). Also for some certain exceptions and cases like fishing hardworker event (or when using some special chum with super big upgraded boats) using "special equipment" can be useful too.

5- Using crew and Items that are not designed for the boat that you want to use to catch fish with, will reduce those non-related tools/crews efficiency in half (1/2), so for example using "Roy" from "Fish caught per hour crew" on any boat other than Trawler (its specific type), will only give you 5 fish/per hour bonus instead of 10 (which only applies if you use its specific boat = Trawler). Notice though that this does not yet mean that using these crew even with their irrelevant boats is always bad, nope but, one must be more careful in using them to make the most profit, if i want to make an example to make it more clear, while using "Roy" on even motorboat level 1, for catching expensive fish types, can still make you earn more profit than using even its own(motorboat) related crew in the same amount of time, yet using it (Roy) with a motorboat to catch cheap sea creatures, such as Oyster, Clam and Shrimp, is certainly a mistake, and in those cases its actually better to use the cheapest crew and smallest boats. (refer to "Fishing for lazy ppl" guide, for more info regarding this).

6- The bigger your boats be, the more expensive their related "items and crew" will be too, so generally it is better to catch low price and low distance fishes (Oyster,Clam ans Shrimp pools) with smallest boats with cheapest crew, and medium price and medium distance fishes (Lobster pools, Tuna and Herring pools) with medium sized boats with medium cost crew), and High price and long distance fishes (Swordfish, Cod and Salmon pools) with biggest boats with most expensive crew. But notice that this does not mean you can't make profit from catching even swordfish with a motorboat or even Norfolk wherry, nope, as mentioned in "Fishing for lazy ppl" guide part 1 too, you can still make some good profit even by using these small and medium boats too even in catching long distance and high price fishes too, but then in such cases it is better to use "expensive items and crew" instead of their own specific cheaper items and crew such as "Roy" with these boats (which still increases your profit but will reduce those items efficiency in half as mentioned in tip5, causing you to still get more profit than when u use "John" for example but less profit than if u would use a more relevant type of boat, for example a trawler with Roy, for those fishes). So while at first with mostly small and not much upgraded boats there's not much better choice but to improvise and use expensive items for catching long distance expensive fishes, but try to plan your upgrades and number of boat types, in a way that at the end you have flexibility for catching any types of fishes anytime with their most relevant boat types and items/crew(refer to tip 1 and tip2 for the suggested number of boats/upgrades) for gaining maximum possible profit.

7- While using "Travel speed" crew (to reduce Travel time) if your total "(2 *Travel time saved)" bypass the "Travel time", the excess "Travel time saved" will have no effect.
    Important note regarding Tip No.7: this changed after the recent hotfix. the prior system in which the excess travel time saved could reduce fishing time, was apparently a bug, and it was fixed now, so the excess amount of travel time saved have no effect at all now.

Now you are a master of fishing too, joking hehe, hope this was easy to read and understand :p

-------------------------------------------------------

Additional section:

"Fishing for lazy ppl" guide:

Part 1:
    if you are beyond lazy, or too low level/not have enough dollars yet, just do this:

1- First make the 14 lvl 1 motorboat then
    2- Buy 2 "Roy" from Fish/per hour crew items, and 1 "Walter" from Fishing time crew, and 1 Large Freezer from Capacity increase Item and add all 4 to each lvl 1 motorboat.
    3- And send them to fish anything (other than shrimp, oyster or clam, they are not profitable), preferably "Salmon + Cod + Swordfish", if non existed then "Lobster", if non existed then "Tuna and Herrings".

(Notice that you can catch ~18 good expensive fish this way per motorboat lvl 1, and make alot of daily profit with 14 motorboats lvl 1 even without breaking a sweat in building/upgrading anything else even, if you are just beyond lazy, so even if you hate fishing, do this much at least :p )

Part 2:
    Medium/long-time fishing with Norfolk Wherry for lazy and not too rich/medium lvl players:
    If you are way too much lazy and don't even have the patience for short time fishing with small boats but wanna make good money still, then make a few lvl 1 Norfolk Wherry after upgrading your dockyard to level 4 (more than 4 Norfolk Wherry is not recommended) and then follow this:

1- Buy 2 "James" from Fish/per hour crew, and 1 "Lisa" from Fishing time crew, and 3 x Thermic box from capacity increase items, and add all 6 to your Norfolk Wherry level 1.
    2- Send your Norfolk Wherry to fish in pools that have preferably "Salmon + Cod + Swordfish", if non existed then "Lobster", if non existed then "Tuna and Herrings".

(Notice that for this easy strategy to work best and so u make alot of profit easily per day, it is very important that you don't send your boat to "oyster, clam, shrimp", you can catch ~60 expensive fish this way every ~10-14 hours with each of your Norfolk Wherry level 1, decent right?! hehe )
    *Important Note: This example is for Norfolk Wherry Level 1 only, for higher level Norfolk Wherries, you can add more James and Thermic box to make even more profit.

Part 3:
    Medium-time fishing with Skipjack for lazy but rich/high lvl players:
    An easy good way to fish in almost any pool (with equal or less than 3 hours distance/Travel time) aside from "oyster, shrimp, clam", during day-time and making decent profit is by using Skipjack lvl 1 boats, for this you need to first upgrade your dockyard to level 6 and then make few Skipjacks level 1 ofcource (more than 4 Skipjack in not recommended) and then follow this:
    1- Buy 4 "Nancy" from Fish/per hour crew, and 3 "Ian" from Travel speed crew, and add all 7 to your Skipjack level 1.
    2- Send your Skipjack to fish in pools with 3 hours or less Travel time, and have preferably "Salmon + Cod + Swordfish", if non existed then "Lobster", if non existed then "Tuna and Herrings".

(Notice that for this easy strategy to work best and so u make alot of profit easily during day time too, it is very important that you don't send your boat to "oyster, clam, shrimp" and also don't send it to more than 3 hours Travel time pools, you can catch ~55 expensive fish this way every ~3-6 hours with each of your Skipjack level 1, decent right?! hehe )
    *Important Note: This example is for Skipjack Level 1 only, for higher level Skipjacks, you can add more "Ian" to make profit faster or even fish in longer distance pools the same way, or you can add more "Nancy" and "Freezer" to make more profit.
    *Important Note 2: For players that prefer to not keep any small boats, you can also use the above mentioned strategy for catching "Oyster, Shrimp, clam" pools too, and still make some profit too(~150k per 2-3 hours), but it is not the best choice and unless you have to catch those sea creatures, then it's better to use your Skipjack on other type of pools.

Part 4:
    Long-time fishing with Skipjack for lazy but rich/high lvl players:
    An easy good way to fish in almost any pool (with equal or more than 3 hours distance/Travel time) aside from "oyster, shrimp, clam", during night-time or when away for too long from the computer, and making decent profit is by using Skipjack lvl 1 boats, for this you need to first upgrade your dockyard to level 6 and then make few Skipjacks level 1 ofcource (more than 4 Skipjack in not recommended) and then follow this:
    1- Buy 3 "Nancy" from Fish/per hour crew, and 3 "Freezer" from Capacity items, and 1 "Victor" from Fishing time crew, and add all 7 to your Skipjack level 1.
    2- Send your Skipjack to fish in pools with 3 hours or more Travel time, and have preferably "Salmon + Cod + Swordfish", if non existed then "Lobster", if non existed then "Tuna and Herrings".

(Notice that for this easy strategy to work best and so u make alot of profit easily during night time too, it is very important that you don't send your boat to "oyster, clam, shrimp" and also don't send it to less than 3 hours Travel time pools, you can catch ~97 expensive fish this way every ~9-13 hours with each of your Skipjack level 1, decent right?! hehe )
    *Important Note: This example is for Skipjack Level 1 only, for higher level Skipjacks, you can add more "Ian" to manipulating and reducing the time a bit to profit faster or even fish in shorter distance pools the same way, or you can add more "Nancy" and "Freezer" to make even more profit or use more capacity (freezer) with different and better fishing time crew to increase the fishing time even.

Part 5:
    "But what about oyster, clam and shrimp, I like to catch them too" she said.
    "What is some easy good way to catch oyster, clam, shrimp and not make a loss and make some profit still?" he said.

First of all let me tell you guys again, in my opinion generally catching oyster, clam, shrimp is really a bad idea, but there are certain cases in which catching them can be handy, I will list few important examples of it here:
    1- You need them for fishing hardworker event
    2- You are so hardcore fisher that you have already assigned maximum ships to all other pools with better fishes, but still have some free ships and want to make the most of it.
    3- You have extremely big capacity boats which can make good fish pools dry too fast, in this case, emptying nearest oyster,shrimp,clam pools can be worth the risk sometimes to unlock better fish pools (specially before night-time reaches) so that you can get the best profit from night-time (long-term away) fishing.
    4- You need oyster, shrimp, clam, for making mystery boxes in the farm laboratory.

Second, I will add that catching these less profitable sea creatures, generally may not always worth using "big ships" because their crew and items are expensive really and make catching these sea creatures (which sell for little price) almost a loss even or no profit at all if one doesn't pay enough attention. I will suggest 2 approach for catching these sea creatures:

First Approach:
    Catching Oyster, clam and shrimp, using Small boats (Using Motorboat only):
    1- Buy 2 x John (Fish caught per hour crew), 1 x Brigitte (Travel speed crew), and 1 x Walter (Fishing time crew), and add all 4 to your motorboat level 1
    2- Send your Motorboat level 1 to fish "only" in pools that have "Oyster + Clam + Shrimp"

*Important Note: You can catch ~10 total fish this way(oyster+shrimp+clam), Also this example is for Motorboat Level 1 only, for higher level Motorboats, you can add more John and Small cooler to make even more profit or add more Brigitte for faster catch.

Catching Oyster, clam and shrimp, using Small boats (Using Runabout only):
    1- Buy 4 x Paul (Fish caught per hour crew), and 1 x Brigitte (Travel speed crew), and add all 5 to your Runabout level 1.
    2- Send your Runabout level 1 to fish "only" in pools that have "Oyster + Clam + Shrimp"

*Important Note: You can catch ~10 total fish this way(oyster+shrimp+clam) and comparing to the previous method, this method is less profitable, but it is faster. Also this example is for Runabout Level 1 only, for higher level Runabouts, you can add more Paul and Coolbox to make even more profit or add some more Brigitte for faster catch.

Second Approach:
    Catching Oyster, clam and shrimp, using Medium and Big boats:
    Unlike the other explanations I won't use the "step-by-step" guide for this approach anymore since many different strategies can still work for it, but I instead try to explain it with simple words instead
    While one can still almost use the same strategy for catching oyster, clam, and shrimp with Norfolk Wherry or even bigger boats too, but I don't really recommend it, the main reason is the cost of  the "crew and items" for bigger boats specially for skipjack and trawler are a bit high, which makes catching these types of sea creatures with these boats much less profitable or even if be careless actually cause a loss than profit. So like I said I don't even recommend using these boats for these type of sea creatures generally, but if you have no choice, then two different approaches instead which are using a combination of afew "Fish/hour crew" + "Travel speed crew" can work good still. This will majorly reduce the cost of catching these sea creatures (instead of using the other approach) and can still make some extra profit for you, or justify your need for these sea creatures (for hardworker event for example, but it still won't make them the "best catch" or "most profitable catch", so preferably avoid these pools whenever can.

this is the simplest way so that you get motivated and see how profitable this fishing can be so that you get curious to learn more :#

Here's a little spoiler for you also, just for funs:

"A little less conversation and a little more fish your cod-dy, cause dollars are waiting for you, waiting for you~~~"

:p
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Finally, If anyone from one of the big farm helper websites wanted to copy/paste and use this guide there too, feel free to do so, no copy right stuff or even mentioning name needed either, knowledge is free. B)

Added notes and sections:
    -------------------------
    Edit 1:
    A mistake in my calculation as pointed out by one of the players ( thanks Lylu (INT1))  was edited in the text and fixed.
    -------------------------
    Added section 1:
    Added 1 more important tip to tips section of the guide.
    ------------------------
    Added section 2:
    Added a secondary part to "Fishing for lazy ppl" guide.
    ------------------------
    Added section 3:
    Added a third part to "Fishing for lazy ppl" guide, regarding catching oyster,clam and shrimp.
    Also added three more tips to tips section of the guide.
    ------------------------
    Added section 4:
    Added one more tip to tips section of the guide.
    -----------------------
    Edit 2:
    A mistake in writing that could cause misunderstanding as pointed out by one of the players ( thanks Carnivor89 (PL1)) was edited in the text.
    -----------------------
    Edit 3:
    Re-wrote Tip No.3 and Tip No.4 in the tips section of the guide with the suggestion and cooperation of another player ( thanks Carnivor89 (PL1) ), for making it easier to understand, since they are very important tips.
    -----------------------
    Notice: Some parts of the guide needs major revision and re-writing after yesterday's unannounced changes in the fishing system by ggs, so for now at least i suggest to Ignore the "fishing for lazy ppl" section, until I get time to hopefully fix the guide tomorrow.
    ----------------------
    Edit 4:
    1- Majorly increased the quality of the text, fixed some grammar errors and tried to make it easier to understand.
    2- Previous Tip No.7 was removed due to the recent change made in fishing system by ggs.
    3- Some Tips that had incorrect information, due to the recent change made in fishing system by ggs, was edited and fixed.
    ----------------------
    Edit 5:
    due to another unannounced change during the hotfix, it seems now that the excess "Travel time saved" now can affect and reduce the "Fishing time" too. Based on this re-wrote the Tip No.7 in the tips section of the guide. ( Thanks Corvid (GB1) )
    ----------------------
    Edit 6:
    Almost edited and fixed all the guide, little part at the end of "Fishing for lazy ppl" is only remaining now that still needs edit and fix. so for now just ignore that last part, and use the rest of guide if wanted, will soon fix that part too.
    Also added some new easy strategies to "Fishing for lazy ppl" and improved its quality a bit, Notice that these suggestions are mostly only to get you going and mainly for start, once you learn and improve your boats and such, these strategies won't work the best for you anymore and you have to calculate and find the best strategies for your upgraded boats by yourself then, but the principle of them will almost stay same, so you won't be needing to do major changes usually, only need to add few more of almost the same type of mentioned items in most cases.
    And lastly, I will gradually try to raise the quality of the "Fishing for lazy ppl" section and add even more combinations with different level players/ and boats ( I have 2 structure now in mind for it but even i myself first need to get my hands on better boats first and upgrade them too to be able to give you guys some really decent strategies).
    -----------------------
    Edit 7:
    All parts of the guide is now fixed. :)
    ----------------------
    Edit 8:
    Majorly changed and improved Tip No. 2, and added a suggestion for end game boats combination.
    -----------------------
    Edit 9:
    Fixed some minor errors in the text caused by the recent hotfix, in the "total time" formula (now Travel time is for "go" and "come back" so it not needs to be doubled in calculations anymore).
    Fixed Tip No.7, since it changed after the hotfix (excess travel time saved, have no effect on fishing time now).
    Changed Part 5 of "Fishing for lazy ppl" section, added 2 new notes regarding oysters,clam,shrimp (one about mystery boxes in the farm laboratory (Thanks Rusty Farmer (AU1) ), and the other about "emptying nearest Oyster, clam, shrimp pools to unlock new better pools before night-time" in case of not having good enough pools)

Still unable to get dockyard up and running? Followed your steps ,but unable to get anything ,when I click on dockyard it brings up the info tab,but no build production for any boats....any help would be appreciated.Thanks
    @"farmer the pig (GB1)"

you must complete the Oleg Tasks first for the dockyard to open up for you.

Here is the list of tasks, check to see if you have any you need to complete:
    http://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/154396/tasks-for-olegs-fishing-quest/p1

• Still unable to get dockyard up and running? Followed your steps ,but unable to get anything ,when I click on dockyard it brings up the info tab,but no build production for any boats....any help would be appreciated.Thanks
    in the "where to start" section at almost the beginning of the guide:

"Note: you should finish oleg's 26 fishing tasks first in the main 3 farms before being able to unlock dockyard, otherwise it won't let you start building boats. And also if you are upgrading/building something else in your farms, you have to wait till they finish first before being able to start building a boat."

The direct link to the list of Oleg side tasks can be found here:
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/dockyard/task_list.htm

If you have finished all the (above ^) mentioned tasks in that page, then dockyard will be unlocked.
    If you have already finished those tasks and are still unable to build boats, then contact ggs.
    FYI about chum whether you use it or not or even make it....

When you add the chum to the boat equipment list, it will not change the number of fish caught per hour. When you send the boat out, it will not change the amount of fish left to catch in the hole. When the boat comes in, it will show in the tooltip what was caught as if you had not even put in the chum, but when you harvest the boat, you get the additional fish. It doesn't even show in the fish report if I remember correctly and I just did this yesterday (my brain is mush lol)....

But you do get your % for the chum used.

to use or not use, that is the question and only you can decide!  :wink:
  • Griffith, thank you so much! 
    I was shying away from the Fishing Fleet, but now I can see the dollar signs!
    Even if I can't totally understand, sending out the boats with your recommendations is awesome!
    HopPy FarMing!
    Raggs from Froggy Acres
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 16.06.2017
    Just to be sure it has been mentioned in this thread (I don't remember if it's in the original post or not)  because I've run into players who won't even try things - it is not necessary to put ANY crew or equipment on a boat to be able to fish with that boat.  Just click on the fish pool and then click on a boat to deploy it to that pool.  This still makes enough money that you'd consider it good money compared to cows or pigs or ducks, etc.  And no harder to understand or use than any of those.

Of course, you'd be missing out on the millions you could make even by just learning to increase the fish caught per hour or the fishing time by using crewmen.  :smile:
    Just to be sure it has been mentioned in this thread (I don't remember if it's in the original post or not)  because I've run into players who won't even try things - it is not necessary to put ANY crew or equipment on a boat to be able to fish with that boat.  Just click on the fish pool and then click on a boat to deploy it to that pool.  This still makes enough money that you'd consider it good money compared to cows or pigs or ducks, etc.  And no harder to understand or use than any of those.

Of course, you'd be missing out on the millions you could make even by just learning to increase the fish caught per hour or the fishing time by using crewmen.  :smile:
    you are correct in the above statement!
  • edited 16.06.2017
    Post number 1.   WAY TOO LONG AND COMPLICATED!!!!!!!! 
    I don't even want to look.   This started out such a simple game.  What the hell?

To GOODGAME…. Frankly the whole fishing experience is STUPID!   I find fishing boring and frustrating.
    So all I do is send him fishing.  Get my 50 points a day, sell off the bass.   
    Someone tried to send me help.  Sent me the link to crazybigfarms.   I've already read it and it still makes no sense.  
    It says click the boat, boat rental, and you can send him fishing or go fishing.
    Yea well… when I click the rubber raft, rent boat,  it immediately changes to another boat, the raft I had is now not available for another 37 min, and NO WHERE is any place to send or go fishing.    He's still standing on the pier waving his pole around waiting…..  Took a screen shot.  So WHERE is any prompt to get on a boat, go fishing, send fishing… WHY did my boat suddenly change to another boat.   
    He's level 17 now.   I can't even touch the new boat thing until he's level 20.   If the only way to get there is manually fishing, forget it.   NOT FUN at all.   
    I wish I could just make the whole fishing section go away.   Waste of space.   I don't want it.  Not even able to try it.  What's the point?

This started out as a good idea but once again you way overcomplicate things.
    This one isn't for me.  I'll just tend my farm and feed the dog.  
    Thankfully, the coop challenge has lost it's thrill once my coop members realized the prize is not worth the trouble at all.   Two of my three coops aren't even starting any. I'm glad.  That was about the worst thing this game ever did.  It's not a battle game here.  Go to empire of you want to fight with each other.  
    I'm sorry you feel that way Artmaker!  I played with Griffith when I first started playing this game, over 3 years ago (nearly 3 1/2 years now!).  I am VERY GLAD he is back!!  He does very through examinations of the game and his instructions and calculations are accurate!  You should at least read through the first post before being so negative about it. (also, please not that Griffith did kindly ask us to give it a chance in the 1st post too.) I have read through all the pages of posts in this thread and it is one of the best threads on BF that I have seen in a long, long time!   Griffith has done a great deal of work here and IMO has explained things very well, with clear examples!  Fishing in Big Farm has several parts.  The Mini Fishing Game, Oleg, Boat Rentals, Mermaid Bay, and now the Dockyard and Deep Sea Fishing!  Start with the Mini Fishing Game and complete all the tasks.   Crazy Big Farm has an excellent web site with lots of pictures to get you started!  The web site is very well done, take your time and read through it.  You have been here awhile now too, don't give up, we will all help you too.  Once you get the hang of it, I think you will enjoy it too.  It's a real money maker for our farms and fun to try different strategies! Let me know if I can help you!  I sure do understand (and share) your frustration though too, all the bugs that BF has had lately, and their lack of instructions have been getting to all of us!  The update for today is about to begin!  I wish we knew if there is any more being done to the Deep Sea Fishing,

@Griffith (INT1)   Welcome back Griffith!!!  Thank you for the guide, very well done and I appreciate the examples too!  It is really helping me!  Hopefully Wabbit will be able to tell us if the update being done now has any new changes!  I noticed that sometimes the pools will change before 1/2 of my travel time is done, so by the time I get there, the pool will be gone???  Do you know how this is working?  I guess I need to watch and check that the pool will at least be there for 1/2 of my travel time and the hours I need to fish for, I can get back to the dock without the pool--LOL!  Just wondering before I send a boat out to a pool that will disappear before my fishing time is up, or before I get there!

@WascallyWabbit can you please let us know if there are any additional changes that were not mentioned in the official update or Mod News yet to the Deep Sea Fishing/Dockyard in today's update?  Thank You!
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on
  • edited 16.06.2017
    JVD (US1) said:

I picked up a tip in the forum and clarified it on the CrazyBigFarm.tk website in the section on the dockyard, there is an image of this, with explanation as follows.  When you make your chum, it is best to do it from the Flower farm, because then it takes advantage of lowering your production costs by all the decos on your Flower farm.  If you do it from the dockyard, you do not get this reduction in cost!

@WascallyWabbit, when I first heard of this, it seems really unfair to me, stil does!!!  Why not have the chum ONLY be able to be made from the Flower farm!  That way we get the best price (production cost) for making it!  I feel like I really got ripped off, when I made from the dockyard!  Is this going to be fixed?

@Griffith (INT1)   FYI..... you get seaweed when you make chum too!  :-)

P.S.  Can someone tell me how to multi-post please?  Can send me a PM if you like. Thanks.
    Post edited by Craftycritters (US1) on

• @WascallyWabbit, when I first heard of this, it seems really unfair to me, stil does!!!  Why not have the chum ONLY be able to be made from the Flower farm!  That way we get the best price (production cost) for making it!  I feel like I really got ripped off, when I made from the dockyard!  Is this going to be fixed?

@Craftycritters (US1) It is true that starting production from the flower farm benefits from your flower farm happiness, but you would not have made any significant loss by not knowing that sooner, because originally you could only make 1 chum at a time & by the time it was made possible to produce several in one go, the benefit of using the flower farm had already been posted about, the costs are also very low.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 18.06.2017
    Griffith, thank you so much! 
    I was shying away from the Fishing Fleet, but now I can see the dollar signs!
    Even if I can't totally understand, sending out the boats with your recommendations is awesome!
    HopPy FarMing!
    Raggs from Froggy Acres
    Thanks for kind words and support, I'm glad if the guide could be of any help or use :)

@Griffith (INT1)   Welcome back Griffith!!!  Thank you for the guide, very well done and I appreciate the examples too!  It is really helping me!  Hopefully Wabbit will be able to tell us if the update being done now has any new changes!  I noticed that sometimes the pools will change before 1/2 of my travel time is done, so by the time I get there, the pool will be gone???  Do you know how this is working?  I guess I need to watch and check that the pool will at least be there for 1/2 of my travel time and the hours I need to fish for, I can get back to the dock without the pool--LOL!  Just wondering before I send a boat out to a pool that will disappear before my fishing time is up, or before I get there!

Huge thanks for super awesome kind words and support and big hi, thanks for welcome note really appreciate it :p
    Am glad you liked the guide, it lacks in many aspects even in my own opinion, but honestly I am debating whether to add more to it or let bigfarm helper sites do the rest, cause too much info packed up in just 1 thread/post, might actually get ppl less motivated, so for now I've put the continuation of this guide on hold and am checking other threads and bigfarm helper sites (ofcourse I will still re-vise it if ggs makes changes to the whole system though). As of now even other players and bigfarm helper websites have already added most of the other useful info, so I think maybe I should let this thread remain as it is or even remove some more parts of it(less important parts maybe) to let it remain at most basics and at most important things only.The whole point for me for making this guide very early after release of fishing dockyard, was to get ppl hooked up on it because it is a real $$$ maker(and lots of it), and to get things started for many other players too so that they figure out the rest slowly by themselves and by use of other threads and bigfarm helper websites too, otherwise this guide is still way far from covering "all aspects" of dockyard fishing or from being called "complete". And I really appreciate all the kind words and supports  I have received on this thread honestly (including feedback that mentioned my mistakes too, we're smarter together) :)

About the question you asked btw, I have not noticed anything odd about what you mentioned, basically as long as the pool still has "time left before it resets", I think regardless of travel time, your ship will still catch the amount you specified it to catch from that pool, and when the timer ends on the pool, your previously sent boats will still remain there and continue catching fish, but you won't be able to send any more boat to that pool. and after your last assigned boat to that pool (with 0 time till reset) returns, the pool will disappear and another will appear. I will still test this more to become certain of it though, if i notice any differences I will post here and let you know :)

P.S. About multi-posting, if you mean, multi-quoting, then all you have to do is just quote one comment, then write your reply after it, and then before posting it, you click on another comment's "quote" and then its box will appear under your other note and you can reply to the second one too. If you meant something else by multi-posting though, then I don't really know it either :p
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 19.06.2017
    This is correct.  I've been doing it on several pools for the last couple of days and it does work this way.

A note:  Sometimes you have to change to another farm and come back before you see the new pool.

Griffith (INT1) said:

your ship will still catch the amount you specified it to catch from that pool, and when the timer ends on the pool, your previously sent boats will still remain there and continue catching fish, but you won't be able to send any more boat to that pool. and after your last assigned boat to that pool (with 0 time till reset) returns, the pool will disappear and another will appear.

edited 19.06.2017

I had the opposite experience. Because I hadn't taken into account travel time, I sent a boat to a pool for no reason. After I sent it, I noticed the amount in the pool hadn't gone down at all, but maybe it was a display error. I didn't take note of whether the boat came back empty.

If you have 3 hours left in the pool, and the travel time to get there is longer, I'm pretty sure it's a waste of a trip.

• speedydust (INT1)speedydust (INT1) INT1 Posts: 83
    Nice work Griff! Keep it up!
  • Thanks for kind words and support everyone,
    and thanks for the feedback, rusty farmer and buddy too, I am also still testing that matter too, but so far I haven't noticed any difference from what I mentioned in my last comment, will still test some more though.
    ---------------------

Notice worthy of mention:
    Added two more parts to "Fishing for lazy ppl" section (Part 5 and Part 6 are new!), included suggestion for medium and long time fishing with trawler too.
    Fixed some minor mistakes in the text.

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 20.06.2017
    If people aren't using the dockyard they are missing out on big big money and you are losing out at the end of the day!  It pays to read the OP's guide and also all the other tips in this thread.  I can' t believe how much I am making and my boats aren't even at level 6 yet.  And to think I was going to just do lazy peep fishing, in fact I was thinking that I wasn't going to do it all!

This dockyard is a much needed boost to this game, this is helping people level up their buildings and getting the land they need to expand at a much faster rate.  And people have been asking for this.
  • Completely agree with maxiroy (US1)  about dockyard fishing. this may sound like one of those cheap advertisements that we see on tv but:

"I came back to the game ~1.5 month ago, and I had non of the new extension lands in all 3 farms, aside from the fact that I built dockyard + boats themselves and even did 2 chapters viking farm and now 2 chapters candy farm too, I have also managed to buy almost all extra lands in all 3 main farms now (2 land missing per farm only), and it is all thanks to the money $$$$ i make from fishing dockyard"

:p
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The only downside to earning $50,000,000 in a day is that I wonder why I am running the other 3 farms at all.
    The Flower Farm was bad enough, I just have to provide a little Milk but this Deepsea fleet has no dependancies at all !
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 20.06.2017
    The only downside to earning $50,000,000 in a day is that I wonder why I am running the other 3 farms at all.
    The Flower Farm was bad enough, I just have to provide a little Milk but this Deepsea fleet has no dependancies at all !
    the point is, having 50mil dollars more a day, makes other "before impossibles" turn to "now maybe possible" situations.

If I wanna make an example, one is temp farms, have you always hated temp farms? if yes, then maybe one reason is because it always took too much of your build time, and also maybe because you couldnt compete much with top players. Now what if I tell you, you can have almost infinite gold with this new "50mil dollar" per day, if you play your cards right ofc (mystery boxes, gold offer which sells 100 gold for 9.9mil dollar, more tokens to win more gold license from wheel, etc etc), so while before maybe even for normal "gold-buyer" players, it was still hard to do many things, like buying more expensive library books, being able to compete better with heavy spenders, etc. now with this new system, effort and brain, may can pay off (ofcourse too heavy gold buyers may not much see any point in more dollars though). If i wanna make another example take CC as an example, have your cooperative been unable to compete with some other cooperative regardless of situations just because the other coop had a few heavy spenders? now what if i tell you if all your members master fishing and earn 50mil dollar a day, your coop can even run 100% rep booster, and majorly boost your points in total (effort can pay off this way), or for example have your coop been unable to win "dazzling or deluxe duck coop" just because of the 20% and 80% penalty? now again with rich dollars in your pocket, with good management and good teamwork that can become possible. anyways there are many more examples i can still make but i think with this few even it should give some decent ideas to all brainiacs who are following this thread at least. (as i said, for super heavy gold buyers, this may not make much difference though, but for almost all other players it will, basically your effort and wise-ness and teamwork, may now can change, previously impossible turn to possible now)
    Last example I make is for smaller coops, have your coop been unable to upgrade some researches, like gold researches even though a bunch of very good players and strong players (but not much buyer) exist in it? have your coop been unable to do much coop projects because you couldn't afford buying collectibles with dollars much? well all these examples, with the extra dollar and the new ways in the game for obtaining more gold, it makes in total "possible", not easy still, but possible now to do all these things and change your fate.

If you are asking what is the whole point of doing all the above mentioned ^ things, or what's the whole point of even playing the game though, that's a different question, with no answer kinda, the game is just for fun and challenges and competing, this new 50mil dollar a day, can make the challenge and competition a bit more interesting maybe.

about what is the point of other 3 farms though, well looking at it from a view that now you can even upgrade lester stash for example (and buy many more library books even for temp farms too), your normal farms can also turn into secondary huge money makers, and the richest wins the game. also if competing with some players normally were maybe impossible for u before in missions and such, with enough effort from u and with enough slacking off from them, the results can change.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I had the same toughts. Game started like farming simulator, where you had to carefully calculate and evaluate every step of progress if you wanted to grow fast without cheating everything with gold. When things like Farm academy, Secret Stash etc were added they didn't make much sense in that economy due to upgrade prices. Then fishing was added, and farming game slowly changed to fishing game, or fishing financed farming. From very low levels (level 10 or 12 or something like that), when you need money, you go fishing. First manual fishing for sturgeon etc, then Oleg's Boat rental, and finally Deap Sea can easily sort out all your dollar shortages at any point. This changed dollar balance helps the things which were hardly possible before, only that now the farming itself and balancing of farms makes very little sense for a change.

On top of that there's very little incentive for a farmer above level 90 I think to do anything but Trawler, missing out on all the fun of growing from motorboats through all the other boats and their upgrades toward Trawler, increasing their fleet power. I was excited about the fleet at first, then got quickly bored realising how completely off balance it has thrown the game. So I nearly stopped playing as it is not farming game any longer. I can now do stuff on my farms without planning and strategising for it just by flodding it with fishing money, and farms themselves lost major part of it's original meaning. It's not a complaint, just saying that it is now a completely different game with different options and different meanings. In fact I'm missing a concept here. What's the point of balancing farms when their whole balancing becomes pointless by later additions to the game?
  • Kastiel (US1)Kastiel (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    JVD (US1) said:
    FYI about chum whether you use it or not or even make it....

When you add the chum to the boat equipment list, it will not change the number of fish caught per hour. When you send the boat out, it will not change the amount of fish left to catch in the hole. When the boat comes in, it will show in the tooltip what was caught as if you had not even put in the chum, but when you harvest the boat, you get the additional fish. It doesn't even show in the fish report if I remember correctly and I just did this yesterday (my brain is mush lol)....

But you do get your % for the chum used.

to use or not use, that is the question and only you can decide!  :wink:
    Has anyone tested this by chance
    edited 21.06.2017

You think maybe the answer is simply to have a higher farm level required for the more powerful boats? You need level 120 to get the trawler, and higher levels to upgrade them. Perhaps the top 3 boats need higher required farm levels? Maybe add 50 levels for minimum requirement, so a Trawler, for example, would need farm level 170.

To me, the deep sea fishing is a reward after years of faithful playing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file