Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village League Challenges

Comments

• Gamester (US1)Gamester (US1) US1 Posts: 100
    We definitely need the ability to see who starts building upgrades and challenges, and who voted.  Only leadership team should be able to start an upgrade or a challenge.  The way the village was set up has made the team leadership jobs much more difficult and is having a huge affect on village happiness since we have no control.  

Please make these changes asap.  I keep seeing these concerns all over the forum so know I'm not the only one.
  • S.Sweet (GB1) said:
    Agree, at the moment any player in the coop can start this. New member joins looks around challenge started again.
    One was just started as the coop below us won. We can no longer see the one that was started so cant do it even if wanted to.
    Also there is now another challenge there that can be started in error,

Need to change it so leader only starts these . This is a  total mess.
    Get It Sorted.

@S.Sweet (GB1) Players have to be a member for 30 days before they can start a challenge, but a lot of people have asked that it be changed to leaders & deputies only & we have passed that on to the team, along with the request to have the name of the person that starts a challenge recorded in the activity log.

If the coop below you challenges you & wins the challenge, they will move up & take your position in the rankings. Whenever coops change rank, any challenge they were in will end. Which is why you do not see it anymore.
  • I would like to know how the ranking is figured in the Village League. OR  What is the mathematical algorithm used to figure the number required of an item that the cooperative has to harvest.  Because either way they need to be reworked.

I am in a Cooperative with 10 members and we were challenged by the lower ranking Cooperative that has 55 members. When I looked at the total numbers required for each item that the cooperatives had to harvest it became apparent that it is not taking into account the number of members, 

@Prairiewitch (US1)  The numbers are based on the rank & the server, so theamounts will be the same for say the 5th ranked coop on US1, regardless of which coop is #5. The only difference made by the coop is lower amounts based on the coop's village happiness. Challenging coops also have to collect more than the coop that they challenged.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    PBH (GB1) said:

Hi, our co-Op is tenth in the League, and I think our position was only put by random... or...  I happened to be the tenth leader to make a challenge.

I know of other Co-Ops, who are above us, just because it was 'first finger first'.

Also the Weekly Bonuses do not seem to have happened, or we would be very rich by now... 

I believe the positions for  the ranking into the Leagues was based on past CC placements which explains the same or similar co ops being in the same grouping.
     I think it is to early into the forever weekly challenge for the "Weekly Bonuses" to be able to be acquired yet. Kind of like a work in progress as they yet to implement all the features for the Village Challenge.

The positions in the ranking in our server were totally and ridiculously random  lol

The positions couldn't have been more random, not even if the DEVs had called their kids to play with the list containing all the cooperative names till the kids said it looked good enough to them

• S.Sweet (GB1) said:
    Agree, at the moment any player in the coop can start this. New member joins looks around challenge started again.
    One was just started as the coop below us won. We can no longer see the one that was started so cant do it even if wanted to.
    Also there is now another challenge there that can be started in error,

Need to change it so leader only starts these . This is a  total mess.
    Get It Sorted.

@S.Sweet (GB1) Players have to be a member for 30 days before they can start a challenge, but a lot of people have asked that it be changed to leaders & deputies only & we have passed that on to the team, along with the request to have the name of the person that starts a challenge recorded in the activity log.

If the coop below you challenges you & wins the challenge, they will move up & take your position in the rankings. Whenever coops change rank, any challenge they were in will end. Which is why you do not see it anymore.
    Challenge - Had one before that went off our page as we dropped down before - came up 1 or 2 days later that we lost it. Why so long if its cancelled . If cancelled there would be no result to publish.

We also have a member who had to take leave from game, been back 4 days and be placed back as deputy, as that was position before and can start challenge. Most our team are deputies as we like to be an open team for all to work together .

This is supposed to be a strategy game not a competition game.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    This village challenge has to change, when it started we were 17 members, now 2 members left us because they wanted to be in a coop that would be better in the challenges.

Sadly only 5 of our members are active, this is making it very hard to stand a chance collecting the necessary, so you have to make some changes so it will be more fair.

Maybe you could calculate how many players in each coop are active, and make the ammount of things we have to collect according to that ( there must be some kind of code that can do this )

One of our players used over 16.000 gold in our last challenge, this is Ridiculous and this village challenge thing is only so goodgame can make more money.

Well if there are people foolish enough to pay gold to try and fill those challenges we will never get rid of it but thinking this will not be the norm for 85% of us regular folks.  Sorry to hear about your problems 
    GGS has brought more discord, animosity, ill will,  tension  I hope they are happy cause most of us aren't.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 30.04.2017
    I must be the minority, I am loving the Village challenges.  As for rankings after a few weeks they will all sort out.  Don't know why but our co op started way down at 38th but we are now fighting our way up to where we belong, it will take some time but we are already up to 24th.
  • I would love a button to say we dont want to participate... The amount to collect is unobtainable for us its Sunday now and on Monday we were challenged we have only completed %37.7 or challengers have only %6 none of us will make a full basket so what happens at end of week ?? non one finished or completed a basket so no awards ?? were just waiting for others to challenge us and just farming as normal from now on... why try if its impossible??
    And its not just the Village Challenge...were a small co-op with low level members its already hard on players when, in a mission, some ones in first place with 7500 milk and your only level 30 and think 47 milk feels like such a pathetic amount.  It ruins the enjoyment of the game and members leave before reaching a higher competitive level. lower level players don't need to feel this way and should be able to compete against a matching level or be able to opt out until they can without feeling like they are useless to the co-op.
    please big farm you are loosing players due to ridiculous expectations.  
    @menphus (AU1) Your challenge will continue until one coop has completed 100% (unless one of you moves rank, by winning another challenge that you are participating in). The only thing that resets at the end of the week is your medal collection.

Your low level members should not be too concerned about playing missions against higher level players.The main point of missions is to earn RP & certificates & you get more of those when playing against people that get high scores, (unless you come in last place, it is not necessary to come 1st.
  • Sharkie (GB1)Sharkie (GB1) GB1 Posts: 57
    The village needs to be more in control of the coop leader as it is too easy to have a random player click the wrong thing and start an upgrade or challenge. We have decided until this control is implemented not to do anything with the village, to ignore it completely at this time. Events that effect the entire coop and screw up the fun isn't..well much fun.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    THIS!
    Interesting how the developers are completely changing the direction the game is going in, making it into a whole new game. No longer a relaxing game to log into, enjoy and chat with your coop members. Now it is turning into more like a full-time job (as many have stated), and so many long term players have voiced their concerns, to just be ignored. This game was not originally a game of competition and one-up-manship. GGS is destroying this game. I'm sure a few competitive players enjoy the changes, but so many have just lost the game they have grown to love over the years. RIP big farm.
    The original game (Main, Gourmet & Flower farms) was GENIUS!  For myself, I consider it much less a game than a hobby.  Like bansai - you keep building and tweaking your farm so it gets better and better - in productivity, in profitability, in its aesthetic look.  Competition is about the last thing I care to have in this game.  The only addition BigFarm has made that I think is true to the original spirit of the game is the Fishing.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @buddy194 (US1)  You worded it perfectly.  "much less a game than a hobby" is exactly what drew a lot of us Big Farm in the first place.

I wouldn't mind the competitive aspect of it if it weren't shoved in our faces every single moment, if it didn't encroach on our regular farming. 

Instead of logging on for a relaxing time, tweaking my farm, I now approach it with a sense of dread, wondering what fresh hell awaits us today.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I have two suggestions/concerns about the Village League.  These are two things that I think are holding back its popularity. 

1.  You must be able to save points/medals from week to week.  Only the biggest coops are getting anything decent to spend.  This gives smaller coops no reason to do it as the rewards shop is useless to them.

2.  You need to be given some points for losing a challenge or counterchallenge.  It is a lot of work, you should get something.....perhaps 1/3 of the winning amount, but it need to be meaningful (and the ability to save up these points as mentioned in suggestion 1).

I want the village league to succeed, and I really think that these two items are a must, in order for that to happen.
  •   I have been playing Big Farm for over 3 years and I am a Co-op leader.  I too feel that only the Leader and Deputies should be the only ones able to start things on the Village & Village Challenge or use the Co-op funds for Village activities.   New players do not have a clear understanding of the game and how things work.  Only the leader may be aware of several players taking some time off.  Leaders and deputies can understand how other events going on will impact Village activities and other Co-op events and how that will interact with each other.  I always encourage my Co-op team to let me know if they have any requests, such as a project and then I do my best to set it up for them.  But, for example I would not start the project straw-brained or cabbage head which requires wheat and cabbage from our fields when a Co-op Championship is going on -- our fields are needed then for corn, wildflowers, alfalfa, and rutabegas!  Only experienced players would take this into consideration.  A new player could wipe out the Co-op funds that are being planned for Research because they do not know the game.  There are lots and lots of players requesting this on the Forum, so I do hope the change will be made soon.  Co-ops work together as a team and than means having a Leader to coordinate activities and Deputies to cover when the leader is not available.  The way it set up now, does not foster good teamwork!  Thank You!
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I definitely agree with both points; "Use 'em or lose 'em" is a horrible mentality, as only the top 3-4 Co-Ops are going to get enough medals to buy the "most expensive" prizes (such as the 90,000 Flowering Bushes).

By allowing players to save their medals, even the smaller Co-Ops will be able to buy the prizes they WANT (eventually), rather than being forced to buy the low-level crap like Chicken Feed, or face losing the medals.

Granted it would take them a lot longer, but it would at least be an option, and an incentive, for more co-ops to participate in the League.

I could even do without suggestion #2 if #1 was implemented.

As it is now, our Co-Op completely ignores the League, because the "rewards" fall far short of the effort expended to participate.
    While I agree with Gavin up to a point, the point being why must you change the whole aura of a nice farming game into constant competition. I believe you believe it will be more gold being bought nothing about enhancing the game experience for us players. Players have been complaining about CC every two weeks  so you come up with this idea do have a continuous challenge going on.  NOT COOL I will ask again how did you come up with idea that majority of players would welcome this type of play. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    The problem is that many of the deputies (those who did not do the Test Farms) have no clue to the workings of the Village upgrades and Village League, despite training by the more Test Farm experts and the links on the forum.  These are the deputies who are the ones who set in motion (without regard to funds or Coop Cha).  So by knowing who set the village upgrades and Village League challenges in motion will help us know where additional personal training is needed (perhaps disciplinary actions).  
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I'm with you there @FarmerCli (US1) it sure would be nice if only the Deputies & Co op Leader could start & select the items for the challenge. There will always be those that just have to poke around clicking away rather than ask about it ;)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    The problem with the deputies is that some coops have too many of them who do not have a clue about the Village League or the Village upgrade and indiscriminately push the start buttons....Those are the deputies I am referring to.  If the chat would identify the deputy by name in the chat who start the Village League or the upgrade of the Village, just like they do for those deputies who start projects, then the coop leader could take action.
    @Southern (US1)    The reason that you need points to losers is that after while, when you get as high as your going to get, you would never get any more points.  Plus some coops are horribly mis-ranked at the beginning, and must lose a lot in order to get to their proper range.
    @Southern (US1)    The reason that you need points to losers is that after while, when you get as high as your going to get, you would never get any more points.  Plus some coops are horribly mis-ranked at the beginning, and must lose a lot in order to get to their proper range.
    You get medals every week just for where your Co-Op is ranked in the listing.  At #39, for instance, we received something like 21,000 medals on Sunday night just for where we are in the rankings. You can see how many medals you'll get per week for your ranking on the 4th tab of the Village League Menu.

Plus you get medals for achievements, which you can view on the 2nd & 3rd tabs of the Village League menu.

So getting medals really isn't a problem; you'll get a certain number of them every week even if you never win a challenge (just based on your ranking).. it's the "use 'em or lose 'em" mentality I don't like. :)
    @Damaria3 (US1)   Our coop loves it.  More than I expected.  A lot more.  It is not a constant competition.  It is a constantly available competition.  But each coop can decide to take a break for a day/week, etc.
    edited 02.05.2017
    You get medals every week just for where your Co-Op is ranked in the listing.  At #39, for instance, we received something like 21,000 medals on Sunday night just for where we are in the rankings. You can see how many medals you'll get per week for your ranking on the 4th tab of the Village League Menu.

Plus you get medals for achievements, which you can view on the 2nd & 3rd tabs of the Village League menu.

So getting medals really isn't a problem; you'll get a certain number of them every week even if you never win a challenge (just based on your ranking).. it's the "use 'em or lose 'em" mentality I don't like. :)

Yes, but what you get from the Sunday night awarding, is way less than what you can get from winning, especially when you get a bit farther down.  We started at around 41 or so.  If you can't get any from the losing side, their is less reason for a number 3 ranked coop to chance taking on number 2.  Also, you could then purposefully drop several in rank and re-climb to get faster rewards.  And just in general a losing team puts in a lot of effort, which should not go unnoticed.

Yes, but what you get from the Sunday night awarding, is way less than what you can get from winning, especially when you get a bit farther down.  We started at around 41 or so.  If you can't get any from the losing side, their is less reason for a number 3 ranked coop to chance taking on number 2.  Also, you could then purposefully drop several in rank and re-climb to get faster rewards.  And just in general a losing team puts in a lot of effort, which should not go unnoticed.
    Now that, I agree with. I'm pretty confident that's going to happen all through the ranks though, not just at the top. 

I also agree that it's a LOT of work to participate in a challenge, and the (current) "winner take all" system isn't the best way to go about awarding medals. Like I said earlier, we don't even try in our Co-Op right now, as we're highly ranked, but low membership. There's just no way we can put out 200,000 rutabagas and 225,000 bass (for instance) in a timely manner, not without completely ignoring *everything* else. 

So you bust your butt for 3-4 days to win a challenge - and you win a few medals.. for what? 10 Seaweed Feed and maybe 1 seaweed humus?

No thanks.

Even the HWE has better rewards, for a LOT less effort.

Now if I could save my medals from week to week, instead of HAVING to buy that stinking 10 Super Chicken Feed just to get rid of all my medals, my opinion would change.
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    If my co-op finished the last 5th task before the coop that counterchallenged us this means that my co-op is the winner?
    Because the timer is still showing the counterchallenge between my co-op and the co-op that attacked us (and finished before us the first 4 tasks).

Thank you
    The coop that completes all five tasks first wins the challenge.
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    And in situation explained what should happen?
    The other co-op finished 4 tasks first and my co-op finished the fifth task first.
    Who is the winner?
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    The winner is the coop that finishes all 5 tasks before the other coop have finished the 5 tasks.
    And in situation explained what should happen?
    The other co-op finished 4 tasks first and my co-op finished the fifth task first.
    Who is the winner?
    Think of it like a 5-man relay race.  It doesn't matter who wins the first 4 relays, it's the first one to cross the finish line (that is, completes all 5 tasks) that wins.  They may "win" the first 4 relays (tasks), but if you can finish all 5 before they do, you still win.

You can't just "win" the 5th task and win the challenge; you still have to COMPLETE the other 4, even if they finished them before you do.
  • Sorry,I refuse to actively participate in the village league nonsense.I don't understand it and don't want to. I seriously considered stopping playing big farm altogether,it's getting too much like a constant competition.
  • Any member in Growing Friends who does some thing silly gets a used wet teabag thrown at them! ;)
This discussion has been closed.