Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 12th - Cooperative Village, League, Meadow and Captain Yarnacle - Discussion

Comments

• Rose1006 (US1)Rose1006 (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    great!! i come home from work just wanting to find my eggs and harvest to work on the lamb deco, but NO NO NO!! knew something was going to go wrong with the new roll out as it was not working 100% on test server. 

my question is......... do we get the time added on to the easter event that we have lost today??? i honestly don't care about the village, i want my easter decos!!  not too much to ask/hope for right? 
  • Don82 (US1)Don82 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    They must have broken the system to introduce the coop features, I have not been able to get on the farm for over 6 hours.
  • I haven't been able to get on in about 7 hours.  Keeps telling me connection lost!  This is getting frustrating!
  • Personally, I am hoping that we don't even have to participate in the village coop if we don't want to.... simply ignore it I hope??  it is simply TOO MUCH.... This is supposed to be a farming game people.... if you want competitions al the time, make a competition game..... farming games are supposed to be relaxing.... this is adding stress upon stress. And PLEASE - you people who always come back and say "just choose what you want to do in the game" just keep those suggestions to yourself... we all know that... but it actually is looking as if you wont be able to choose *not* to participate in this coop village thing - and yet... I HOPE I AM WRONG IN THAT........

I still wish GGS would STOP bringing in new stuff when the old stuff has yet to be fixed....
    not to mention, now they've messed up the Server and my log in page doesnt' even load, so I can't even log onto the game to do anything since this village coop thing was launched... yet another thing they started live without it being worked through on the test server.... not sure why we even have the test server if they don't use it to test things out..... UGH!!!   expressionless
  • edwinmit (INT1)edwinmit (INT1) INT1 Posts: 47
    Rowdy Rac said:
    This message just in:

Hello fellow farmers, 

Apologies for the inconvenience you had due to the problems our cooperative village update caused. Tomorrow you will get a compensation package but for now I'll raise all of your village warehouses to level 12 to give you a little head start. 

Have a great night and loads of fun with our new game content. 

Dennis 
    (Executive Producer)

thank u again, don't mind working with bugs as long as we don't pay for it!
  • malayalam (US1)malayalam (US1) US1 Posts: 51
    If bugs are surpassed from test server to live servers, without any fail, what's the use with test server... 
    I think both players and developers are fed up with test servers by now.
    My last visit to TS was 6 months back....
  • JADIBU (INT1)JADIBU (INT1) Posts: 29
    edited 22.04.2017
    just remove the dam Village

i have given up playing GGS Empire now thim for this bug farm too  - fix it or I am out

Posts merged | Cuddly
    Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    It's just after 8AM in Germany, we should be hearing something shortly. :)
  • what about those of us who do not belong to a coop and do not wish to join a coop? What compensation do we get for being locked out our game? How about a few thousand gold.! how can you have a major game like this with millions of players and not have techs that know what they are doing??
  • About 8hrs now... thanks for a timely fix! 
  • Still can't get in, losing a day of egg hunting isn't good..... this is getting crazy. All I get is feeding cows etc, then the it lost connection Try to reconnect screen........   :(
    Hope US1 gets compensated for our down time as well....

• Hey y'all who are upset about the warehouses... they did that because it fixes the locked fields issue. 
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    Hi everyone

i play in "The Global Farm coop" in IN server. We finished third last time in Coop championship in expert mode in gold league. So we must be placed third in the coop village league but we were placed way down at 23 :(
    @CMs please explain the reason
    what was the basis for the rankings in coop village league??

• I'm guessing they did some math related to faring over a time period not just one CC, additionally, they could see the total reputation points earned by all coops over all servers and ranked them that way. You should be above everyone on  IN server, but not in all servers. We're the same. We ranked 7th on our server (we usually fare between 4 and 8) and we are now 11th... but we are correctly placed between coops on OUR server... there are just ther coops that are not on our server mixed in. 
  • Quack (IN1)Quack (IN1) IN1 Posts: 172
    Anyone can start a challenge?Seriously?and we don't even know who started that?
  • hi  Update is provisionally planned for 11h30 CEST.
    It is 12:45 am in US. Have not passed be nice to the crows. UGH.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Rowdy reports just hang in there  what other choice to we have. LOL  I have to ask and hope to get an answer why do we have a test server if no one listens and it is not used in a useful manner.  1. the village challenge we only had for 5 days back in November but lo and behold there it was live today did not even bother to check it out on the test server this time. 2. Those bugs with the fields and edge plants have been an ongoing problem and their fix to up our warehouse very well may have put everything out of whack as Kamilcon pointed out.  We appreciate new things but WHY are you NOT using the test server in a more thoughtful manner. 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Ok just got home from work and tried this new coop village thing and one question lingers in my head.....what is the point of it? Apart from slowing gameplay even further all I see here is another rank/bragging rights thing and the chance to win a few tokens or boxes here and there (rewards we can win MUCH more easily and cheaply in other events), am I missing something here?
  • in central united states, still having trouble getting farm to load. its 3AM on 4/13/17- others getting in?
  • The Laurel (US1)   Mountain time here, still locked out at feeding crows, try to reconnect connection to server lost etc.
    Been over 8 hrs. given posts further back in thread.
    Well Gizmo be glad your not in US cause we haven't had service since about 5 pm est.  No one seems to have any idea what is the point of all this new stuff have not ever received any type of answer.  I think there big problem with this is when new people come to play the first time WILL THEY STAY OR SAY  HECK NO  cause there is just so much there to overwhelm a new person.
  • Here is another massive need......Everyone uses the notepad in the main coop window to list projects.  This notepad holds very little.  We now have to have village upgrade schedules and needed crops, etc.    We desperately need more space in this notepad.

what notepad?
    Here is another massive need......Everyone uses the notepad in the main coop window to list projects.  This notepad holds very little.  We now have to have village upgrade schedules and needed crops, etc.    We desperately need more space in this notepad.

what notepad?

The part where you write the coop news on page where you find the research, and projects on the right hand side of the page
  • thanks- that must be where my coop leader posts which projects we'll be working on

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Rowdy reports just hang in there  what other choice to we have. LOL  I have to ask and hope to get an answer why do we have a test server if no one listens and it is not used in a useful manner.  1. the village challenge we only had for 5 days back in November but lo and behold there it was live today did not even bother to check it out on the test server this time. 2. Those bugs with the fields and edge plants have been an ongoing problem and their fix to up our warehouse very well may have put everything out of whack as Kamilcon pointed out.  We appreciate new things but WHY are you NOT using the test server in a more thoughtful manner. 

I think lifting everyones farm laboratories to level 30 would be a more appropriate compensation for an absolutely terrible run of updates that have been riddled with bugs and for the most part....disappointment.

Still completely confused about the point of the coop village but there's one thing GGS REALLY needs to do.....give us a step by step tutorial on how to even proceed with the tasks in coop village. Ok i'm coming off a 12 hour work shift so exhaustion may be a factor but it took me almost an hour to figure out how to even grow edge plants like bamboo and how to get rocks and bricks etc. I still don't know how or even where to donate byproducts and the whole thing has me stressed when it should be relaxing.

GGS is assuming everyone played the test server, I for one didn't because one farm is more than enough for me plus I don't like wasting my time  (things are being tested and rolled out before its even working properly anyway).
  • We now have in maintenance on US 1
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    Are not able to give us any response GGS?
    When?
    Today?
    All players all completely upset about your lack of response and any action that you cannot take.
    How long time we need to wait for something to  happen?
    I stayed (after sunflower seed on one of my field another 7 hours) at half capacity or somewhere there for the next seeds planted (corns, etc.)?
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Brave Ana (GB1)

That is how the edge plants are intended to work.  If you use them on a field, you get a penalty on the subsequent harvests, lasting for as long as the original seeds took to grow .... so, for sunflower seeds the penalty should last for 8hrs 30 mins , and you will have decreased production from those fields.

If you do not want to pay this penalty, the only solution would be to not sow edge-plants on your fields, gardens or meadows.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @Brave Ana (GB1)

That is how the edge plants are intended to work.  If you use them on a field, you get a penalty on the subsequent harvests, lasting for as long as the original seeds took to grow .... so, for sunflower seeds the penalty should last for 8hrs 30 mins , and you will have decreased production from those fields.

If you do not want to pay this penalty, the only solution would be to not sow edge-plants on your fields, gardens or meadows.

Yes, but we appear to get the penalty immediately on the current harvest, not just subsequent harvests, or is that just a display error?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @Brave Ana (GB1)

Yes, but we appear to get the penalty immediately on the current harvest, not just subsequent harvests, or is that just a display error?
    It's just a display error.  Sometimes you have to leave the farm and come back to it for the field to still show as "Wet".. I've had that happen more than a few times already. Annoying.

One nice thing about it though, is that you can continue to harvest sand, rocks, and clay.  Sometimes I'll plant wheat with edge plants on purpose overnight, then after harvesting it spend the next 6 hours growing alfalfa or corn JUST for the sand, rocks and clay. :)  You can rack up quite a bit of those materials in 6 hours, lemme tell ya. :)
Sign In to comment.