Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 19th - "New Year Again" & More! - Discussion

Comments

• Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 26.01.2017
    i think its not fair...dragon chips are dificult to collect, and there is just three fireworks today, for the first time i didnt collect all of them on first firework, many of players mised it, for different reasons... one more after 19h, will be ok...
    For the record: Theres 5 fireworks for this game day (2 from previous batch, 3 from last batch). Game day is the same everywhere, is it?.

Also dragons are as difficult or as easy to collect as any other sign - the data I have strongly suggests there's equal chances drop rate for all of them. :) .
    Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • dana06 (INT1)dana06 (INT1) Posts: 15
    edited 26.01.2017
    i think its not fair...dragon chips are dificult to collect, and there is just three fireworks today, for the first time i didnt collect all of them on first firework, many of players mised it, for different reasons... one more after 19h, will be ok...
    For the record: Theres 5 fireworks for this game day (2 from previous batch, 3 from last batch). Game day is the same everywhere, is it?.

Also dragons are as difficult or as easy to collect as any other sign - the data I have strongly suggests there's equal chances drop rate for all of them. :) .

ok, but some of them are useless, for example 4:45...  that was what i mean, when i said .. its long time from 18:30 to 00:00... there can be one more, at least
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    @dana06 (INT1)

You can find all relevant info here dana:  http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

See the blue marked levels at the top of the page? Click them and you can find out exactly how many points you'll need per zodiac to get it. The rest of the page speaks for itself. CBF did a great job there!

Every 24 hours the game knows 5 fireworks, which you can check on the right side of this forum page, where all tweets on the subject are posted.
  • @dana06 (INT1)

You can find all relevant info here dana:  http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

See the blue marked levels at the top of the page? Click them and you can find out exactly how many points you'll need per zodiac to get it. The rest of the page speaks for itself. CBF did a great job there!

Every 24 hours the game knows 5 fireworks, which you can check on the right side of this forum page, where all tweets on the subject are posted.

oh, problem is large numbers of chips, its not drop rate,,, thank you
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    These large numbers of chips have not been fixed.  I am literally stunned that they have not addressed this.  It is inexcusable.  And they need to fix the wheel that costs 1 million dollars.  This is totally absurd.  Each day that passes without a fix is more stunning. 

Just like the Santa's Wishlist, this is another example of an event that worked fine last year, that their changes have botched for this year.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    actually i would have to disagree i already have the whole decoration and will have it be a 5x5 i am thinking i will have everything but the snake done with a lot less money and gold then i spent last year and last year for all of the money and gold i spent i did not even get the full decoration and it was a 7x7 with 90 happiness so i would say it is a lot easier to get the full decoration and smaller then last year just might be a little harder to get the happness oh also i should add i have only spun the wheel 3 times for gold no money used and probably did not need to cause i think i used it on the rat and what ever the next 2 days after that were 
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Well ijrosh I am guessing you live at your computer not everyone is able to do that so to say it is easier does not make it so.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    actually i would have to disagree i already have the whole decoration and will have it be a 5x5 i am thinking i will have everything but the snake done with a lot less money and gold then i spent last year and last year for all of the money and gold i spent i did not even get the full decoration and it was a 7x7 with 90 happiness so i would say it is a lot easier to get the full decoration and smaller then last year just might be a little harder to get the happness oh also i should add i have only spun the wheel 3 times for gold no money used and probably did not need to cause i think i used it on the rat and what ever the next 2 days after that were 

@ijrosh (US1)

I also find the event a lot easier, but in fact last year I was a level 100 and this year a level 300, with much larger farms (new land) and more production buildings

it might just be relatively easier for us, we should hear more opinions from newer players maybe

edited 27.01.2017
    I understand what you are saying ijrosh, in fact 2 of my coop members also nearly finished the event, except for the snake. They are our lower level members and this event is a lot easier for them (and rightfully so), coz they need far less points for each zodiac then we, the higher level members do - and as they work they don't have time to play all day... although they admit that knowing the times of firework made it a lot easier. They didn't use any boosters or gold. 
    All these 2 members need to do these next few days is try to reach as much happiness as possible for their end deco.

For us higher levels it's much harder to get all the points needed for some zodiacs - I indeed doubt whether we will finish a complete deco without playing all day and using gold.

Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    IMO the event has been well designed, it is doable if u have lots of time, or  spend gold. The final deco is very high level, but if u don't get the snake, u get a deco at same value as a level 6 weekly event and the extra hard work prizes . I have spent very little gold and am at  55% on snake, have used lots of event seeds to maximise chips during the fireworks, plus holding back cows, silo etc to harvest at these times . If you maximise your harvest during fireworks , when drop rate is x9, you have a good chance , but there is still an element of luck as to whether the particular chips that you need drop on high value harvests. Some people will be unlucky, statistically about the same number of people will be very lucky,but probably wont complain on forum .
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720

I tend to agree with jrosh. While the cost of wheel boosters is a bit of a disappointment full completion is within reach especially to the players that have saved event seeds and seaweed for this event. I also work quite a bit during the week but now that fireworks times are announced i'm confident I can come close to or even fully complete the decoration requirements. This is still my favourite event BY FARRRRRR. 
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460
    edited 27.01.2017
    I have a large farm and a ton of special seeds and event seeds. I have used the gold booster and hit 2 fireworks a day. I have completed each of the 20 hard work tasks each day. I have also used the over priced booster as I make a ton of money each day and can spring for 10 spins daily. 

Even with all that there is no way I will get all the zodiacs. Both the snake and the dragon are not even half way right now. Snake is only 35% and the event is half over. The dragon is only 41%. My rabbit I may get it if 50/50 chance as it is 71%. My tiger is 90% and should not be a problem. All the other are over 120%.  

Last year I got all but 1. This year at least 2 maybe 3 will not be finished. The only part I find easier is the pig.

The deco it will be used for parts.

• Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    edited 27.01.2017
    PCA (GB1) said:

Did anyone notice if the extra happiness points, the ones you get after completing a zodiac sign and shown as a blue line, have stopped being counted ?

Mine seem to register no change since 2 days, both happiness value (the blue one only) and length of the blue line are unchanged

Anyone else noticed a problem, could you pls post ?

Thank you   :)

@PCA (GB1)

I completed the first 6 zodiac signs to more than 100% by the end of the 3rd day.  That gave me 56 happiness with a locked bonus happiness of 12.

In the 3 days since, Dog and Pig have been completed to 100%, but have NOT moved to more than 100%.  The Fire Rooster decoration has shrunk to 5x5, but the locked bonus happiness is still 12 :(

I'm waiting for Tiger to complete and hopefully progress to more than 100%, so that I can see how large the problem is before reporting it.

• In the 3 days since, Dog and Pig have been completed to 100%, but have NOT moved to more than 100%.  The Fire Rooster decoration has shrunk to 5x5, but the locked bonus happiness is still 12 :(

I have a feeling that is deliberate - the Dog and Pig don't contribute to the overall happiness, so aren't increasing it after. My Tiger did complete and is at 104% now, and my locked happiness is at 13. I'm pretty much certain it was at 12 until then (not 100% sure, but I know for a while there I thought it was stuck, then it jumped a bit =))
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    yeah i av the same problem dog and pig 100% a few days now and hasnt moved and still on the bonus happiness is still at 12, its not moved for days .
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Once u complete tiger, the locked happiness will start increasing  :)
    How do you guys view this as a problem and fail to see simple and clear common sense progression in it?

• First 6 signs give happiness plus bonus happiness. Their contribution to bonus will stop somewhere as there is max 30 bonus and 4 more happiness givers to go.
    • Dog and pig give no happiness and no bonus hapiness. Their function is completed at 100 % so no reason to go above that.
    • Last four signs hold more than twice as much happines then first 6 signs together, so understandably can be expected to cover larger part of 30 points bonus. And indeed they seem to have space to fill in remaining nearly two thirds of bonus span.
    These BF people are humans like us. They don't use any special extraterestrial system of thoughts which would be beyond our understanding. Just try to look at things from standard common sense and logic point of view. More often then not you'll arrive at quite correct, even precise understandings of things with maybe just a few details left to be filled in. :):):)
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
     The rat, ox etc. which give u  happiness, arent moving neither, its been on 12 bonus happiness for days :))))
  • Bufo (AU1)Bufo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 167
    How do you guys view this as a problem and fail to see simple and clear common sense progression in it?

• First 6 signs give happiness plus bonus happiness. Their contribution to bonus will stop somewhere as there is max 30 bonus and 4 more happiness givers to go.
    • Dog and pig give no happiness and no bonus hapiness. Their function is completed at 100 % so no reason to go above that.
    • Last four signs hold more than twice as much happines then first 6 signs together, so understandably can be expected to cover larger part of 30 points bonus. And indeed they seem to have space to fill in remaining nearly two thirds of bonus span.
    These BF people are humans like us. They don't use any special extraterestrial system of thoughts which would be beyond our understanding. Just try to look at things from standard common sense and logic point of view. More often then not you'll arrive at quite correct, even precise understandings of things with maybe just a few details left to be filled in. :):):)
    @Kamilcom (GB1)

Last year, the bonus happiness was based on chips in excess of the quota, so you could get the bonus happiness up to 30 without having completed all the zodiac signs.  Of course, that bonus happiness was locked, unless all zodiac signs were completed.

This year, each zodiac sign seems to have a fixed bonus happiness, regardless of the amount of over-completion.

How does your terrestrial system of logic address this change :D
    edited 27.01.2017

@Kamilcom (GB1)

Last year, the bonus happiness was based on chips in excess of the quota, so you could get the bonus happiness up to 30 without having completed all the zodiac signs.  Of course, that bonus happiness was locked, unless all zodiac signs were completed.

This year, each zodiac sign seems to have a fixed bonus happiness, regardless of the amount of over-completion.

Simple process. :)

• Look at things and their behaviour.
    • Check (brainstorm) and evaluate possible logical solutons.
    • Don't expect things to be the same as last year.
    • Expect at least some basic logic to be functional with game creators.
    • Draw conclusions.
    • Evaluate the probability the state of things needs to trigger alarm.
    I could draw it as fault finding YES/NO flow chart, but too lazy to open Correl and draw it for you. :D

@Kamilcom (GB1)

Simple process. :)

• Look at things and their behaviour.
    • Check (brainstorm) and evaluate possible logical solutons.
    • Don't expect things to be the same as last year.
    • Expect at least some basic logic to be functional with game creators.
    • Draw conclusions.
    • Evaluate the probability the state of things needs to trigger alarm.
    I could draw it as fault finding YES/NO flow chart, but too lazy to open Correl and draw it for you. :D
    Or we could just keep it simple and collect zodiac chips? Why does every aspect of every event need in depth evaluation? We have 15 days to collect as many chips as possible, the aim being full completion (100% or more of every chip).....
    Or we could just keep it simple and collect zodiac chips? Why does every aspect of every event need in depth evaluation? We have 15 days to collect as many chips as possible, the aim being full completion (100% or more of every chip).....
    You sure could. 'And no, it doesn't. :) Mindless clicking is always possible. Just not fun for me :):):)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

But you are spending gold.  So you have made my point.
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

@PCA (GB1) 

My Rat 121%  Ox125% Horse 123% ect So it is still counting for me and I do not have the tiger done.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325

But you are spending gold.  So you have made my point.
    no i spent more gold last year so this year has costed me less money and less gold so easier is my point and i used the gold on the 3 that i have over 100% on so i did not need to spend the gold
    edited 27.01.2017
    PCA (GB1) said:

Did anyone notice if the extra happiness points, the ones you get after completing a zodiac sign and shown as a blue line, have stopped being counted ?

Mine seem to register no change since 2 days, both happiness value (the blue one only) and length of the blue line are unchanged

Anyone else noticed a problem, could you pls post ?

Thank you   :)

@PCA (GB1)

I completed the first 6 zodiac signs to more than 100% by the end of the 3rd day.  That gave me 56 happiness with a locked bonus happiness of 12.

In the 3 days since, Dog and Pig have been completed to 100%, but have NOT moved to more than 100%.  The Fire Rooster decoration has shrunk to 5x5, but the locked bonus happiness is still 12 :(

I'm waiting for Tiger to complete and hopefully progress to more than 100%, so that I can see how large the problem is before reporting it.
    Could it be - just wondering - that you are looking in the wrong place?? You have to look at the picture of the zodiac at the bottom of the Event menu ... So, when hovering over f.i. the Chip of the Rat (with brown ring) one can see mentioned at the bottom left above the picture of the Rat *progress: 134%* (fictive no) or something similar.
    Your posts both give me the impression you might be looking at the blue ring and the happiness bar instead (where in my menu it says 12% (= bonus) right from the blue line since 3 days too)... but I could be wrong.
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
    The locked bonus happiness seems to max out depending on the number of zodiac animal chips completed. I had snake and dragon left and it maxed out at 21 and stayed there even though other chips were in the 130% + collection range. Having just completed dragon and with only snake left that blue value is now up to 25.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    I am looking in the right place @Jiesta (NL1) but thank you for the thought   :)
  • magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 27.01.2017
    Sorry to come here once more and bother you guys with questions but have you, by any chance, compared your FW time with anyone else's?
    I'm asking because I've noticed a discrepancy between several other players regarding the amount of time the FW booster is available; some got 50mts, some 20mts, others got 35mts or even 15mts only.
    I was not aware that was suppose to exist this difference of FW times between players. Did anyone else noticed this discrepancy?
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

Post edited by magicpotions (PT1) on
  • t_mao (INT1)t_mao (INT1) INT1 Posts: 18
    @magicpotions (PT1)
    JP Mod answers to that question.

時間はランダム設定であり、上がっている時間も15分~1時間のランダム設定となっております。運が良ければ1時間の花火に遭遇するかも!?

[Google Translate]

Time is a random setting, and the rising time is random setting of 15 minutes to 1 hour. If you are lucky you may encounter an hour fireworks! Is it?
Sign In to comment.