Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 13.12.2016
    My problem still is to help other members of my coop most seam to  need cherry's and i don't use gold so i cant see that we will finish the first list at all.
    Can't you all share the helping, Letty? We did ..... apples and cherries were the bottleneck at our coop too.

We always first chat together about who is helping who with what, to keep our stocks a bit balanced (to have a jump start again for the next chapter) and the extra gained happiness is equally divided between all participating members as far as possible.
    Then afterwards we just divide the huge amounts of apples- and cherries tasks among us, everyone donates his/her share (level-related) and that's how we even finished those ones ... Hope I make sense!

and hope your coop will succeed!!

Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • edited 13.12.2016
    New problem:

We accepted an applicant to the cooperative. Good news.

This completely froze our progress in the event. Bad news!

We were well aware that accepting a new applicant meant likely regressing to Step 2 until we helped finish their list, however, it did so before they started the list or were even online. The player is a grey 0%. The co-op moved back to Step 2. We cannot do anything to progress. 

This undermines the purpose of a co-op and we are all stuck. Please fix the bug/problem. Thank you! If the solution is to remove the new member, that is a poor solution.

UPDATE: We invented our own Hot Fix. One of our members stepped out of the co-op and rejoined. They activated their list, which we all helped to finish, and we were back at Step 3.
    Post edited by AlabasterGamer (US1) on
  • I think the total amounts we need to donate for certain products is way too much considering the amount of time some of them take to process.
    @Wons (AU1)  I totally agree, this donating of items amounts is ridiculous. In order to help a member in my coop with their list.... there #5 items for me is apples over 75,000 apples really... that is way crazy. My apples don't produce 5,000 apples per tree. The apples/cherries/milk/lamb lettuce/lavender/regular feeds/barley (items that have been on our coop lists) are extremely high, once you harvest you have to wait hours for another harvest. Everyone one of the items requested are a repeat of another members list that you already donated items to. Just how many cherries does GGS think that I am hoarding or the coop members?  An example of what we are working to get everyone to 100% at this moment (please I hope no one else logins in today)...apples roughly 500,000 apples the milk and cherries are not any better either.

I don't mind donating and helping my coop; they have worked extremely hard helping everyone get their lists completed..then someone logins in and starts us all over again, but the excessive amounts of items needed to fill others list is simply unfair. We have shared filling the harder required items by everyone adding what they can. So its not like donating shared items is not happening, its taking forever waiting for items to be ready again to continue adding to members lists.

GGS stated that we would have a start button which will eliminate all of this from happening & still we don't have it ( I saw the MOD's reply on this) but that is not the point. The point is it was announcement in GGS Official Announcement that they forwarded to the MOD's to post on the forum . If before the announcement went out there was a wording issue(s) or something should not have been in the announcement there should have been someone to proof read and make corrections before sending it out to be posted here on the forum(s).

Copied form the OA:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/140802/update-dec-8th-christmas-preparations-event-village-happiness#latest

"Phase 1: Individual tasks
    Each cooperative member gets a task request, tailored to their respective player level.
    • As soon as the first harvest is made towards an order, this order has to be finished 100%. The cooperative will only be eligible for upcoming event steps and associated rewards when every member’s orders are fulfilled completely (100%).*

• Every member can decide for themselves if they would like to contribute to one of the event steps. If they already know that they won't be around for the week, they can skip the respective order. However, this also means that the final reward will not reach its full happiness potential**. 

• In order to provide an analysis of the current status of each member's orders, progress is shown in an overview dialog. This overview is visible to every other member."

So how does a member decide not to participate in the event or skip the order if they do not have the "Start Button" option? No one has any idea what is on their list until they look at it and chances are something from all 3 farms are on the list, so not harvesting at all is impossible. Why should anyone who doesn't want to participate not be allowed/able to harvest their farms and continue farming due to the event. That's not fair. Why should their farm profits or animals suffer so that they sit out a whole month just so that nothing from any of their farms are added to their list.............this is ridiculous and makes no sense at all. This was premeditated when this written that this issue of non participating players would be harvesting their farms; thus slowing the coops progress down due to having to go back and complete these lists to 100%. It wasn't so hard to add a "Start Button" to the Hard Work Event/George's Silo!

For now I will continue on working within the phase we are in and try to get my coop into the next phase. This is a very big disappointment and it really hurts the lower level players who are working extremely hard to help others while using up all of their farm supplies/inventory...........which they worked hard and are very proud of being able to max out their stock per their level.

Image result for start button

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 14.12.2016
    Anyone took new players back into the coop after the update?If so what happened with the Bonus round?Did that reset anything?
    Yes we did bring a player back into our co op.
    We had to fill the player's list then we were able to "continue" with the co op challenge part, Phase 3, with out it resetting or having to start over. :)
    For those wishing to bring players back into your co op, do so Weds eve after 6 pm EST
    that way they will be a part of the co op & therefore have a list to do. This Chapter will be the 4 full days so an extra 18 hours more than the first chapter.

Yes I did read your post @Kamilcom (GB1) and although it may not matter to you it may to others. I was not trying to be rude or offensive toward you. 

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • I'm actually playing on the german server, so sorry for the language in the picture but is anyone able to show higher amounts for their challenge?  B)
    (we have 40 members, not all active though. and unfortunately this is way beyond possible.)
    I'm actually playing on the german server, so sorry for the language in the picture but is anyone able to show higher amounts for their challenge?  B)
    (we have 40 members, not all active though. and unfortunately this is way beyond possible.)
    That is a lot of apples for your group to donate. Good news each donation will be paid for your members do get money for donating their apples. Your group does have til Weds eve 6 pm EST to complete the co op challenge & personal challenge part Phase 3 of the SWL event. Chapter 2 will have more time as will the rest of the chapters due to the short first day :)
  • I'm actually playing on the german server, so sorry for the language in the picture but is anyone able to show higher amounts for their challenge?  B)
    That is a lot of apples for your group to donate. Good news each donation will be paid for your members do get money for donating their apples. Your group does have til Weds eve 6 pm EST to complete the co op challenge & personal challenge part Phase 3 of the SWL event. Chapter 2 will have more time as will the rest of the chapters due to the short first day :)
    Haha, yeah thanks :) but all 40 members would have to harvest a minimum of 6 apple-plantations for more than three days continuous every 3 hours to get this amount.. and we have quite some players with low levels.. even if some of us would have bought lots of apples, it's still not possible.. 3mill is just tooo much.  :#

hopefully we are more lucky in chapter 2 :smile: 
    let's pray!
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    Worst. Event. Ever.
    How many open slots do you have?  We have 53 out of 68 slots and were given 2.7 million apples.  So, it is interesting that a coop of 40 would be given almost 1 million more to do.
    Only a few of us have more than 5 apples orchards so we opted out of doing this step as well.  
    I am not sure if GGS just doesn't know how to make a  achievable calculations or if they want us to pop the orchards with gold in order to achieve them.
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    edited 13.12.2016
    Guys can someone tell me what will happen if we remove a co-op member,or if he leaves on its own in phase 3? I know i read it somewhere but cant find it now.... 
    Guys can someone tell me what will happen if we remove a co-op member,or if he leaves on its own in phase 3? I know i read it somewhere but cant find it now.... 
    From the Announcement:

Info regarding members who join or leave a cooperative during the event:

If a member doesn’t start their task (first harvest), they’re considered inactive. This will change as soon as they harvest a product for the task/chapter.

If a cooperative loses or expels a member during phase 1 (harvesting), it will also lose all that member’s progress and inherent VHP and FHP. The member loses all the progress from the current chapter but keeps the decorations from earlier chapters (if they leave after chapter 1).

If a new member enters the cooperative during the Bonus phase, the cooperative will return to phase 2 “Guardian” and complete the new member’s task. No extra VHP or FHP gained in the bonus quests are lost.
    Data King (US1) Posts: 4,505
    Anyone took new players back into the coop after the update?If so what happened with the Bonus round?Did that reset anything?
    Yes we did bring a player back into our co op.
    We had to fill the player's list Phase 2, then we were able to "continue" with the co op challenge part, Phase 3, with out it resetting or having to start over. 
    For those wishing to bring players back into your co op, do so Weds eve after 6 pm EST
    that way they will be a part of the co op & therefore have a list to do. This Chapter will be the 4 full days so an extra 18 hours more than the first chapter.
  • Tigrain (BG1)Tigrain (BG1) BG1 Posts: 170
    Ty @Jiesta (NL1)  but we are now in phase 3 and i cant see/find that info :o
    We only let NEW MEMBERS in the coop some minutes after midnight CET on Wednesday when chapter 1 finishes and chapter 2 starts. We explained things to the new members and they understand.
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 14.12.2016
    last years decoration might have been big being a 7x7 but it had 107 happiness points for me i personal would like that better then a 5x2 with what i believe would be a 27 happiness right now for me
    107 / 49 total squares = 2.1 Happiness per square.

27 / 10 total squares = 2.7 Happiness per square.

And if you use Greta to get the Train Car up to 40 Happiness (easy & fairly cheap), that's 4.0 Happiness per square.

The castle may be pretty, but from a functionality standpoint give me the train. :)

(Bigger ≠ Better)

My 7x7 ice castle came with a happiness level of 200.  So the calculations you've provided do not apply to everyone.  Sometimes bigger is better.  Not often, in this game, but sometimes. 

Moderators:  Please answer some questions before chapter 2!!!!!  This is my daily request until its answered:
    1.  Will leaving a co-op between chapters penalize the co-op by decreasing value of deco?  Will all the donations and contributions to the Santa Wish List leave with me?
    2.  How are the amounts calculated in bonus rounds:  Is it based on how many slots are open in the co-op (since we have 65 slots but only 26 members), how many members in co-op, or levels of members? 
    3.  Is there a possibility that a start button is in our future?  I've seen this question repeatedly but moderators are not answering.

Posts Merged | Cuddly

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Rowdy Rac said:
    Farmers,

Be aware that chapter 1 of Santa's wish list will end on Wednesday at 23:59 CET, 

and that the timer showing on the event is not correct at this point.
    Please spread the word !

Rowdy
    So we are still playing a broken game?? Bug after bug for over a year yet update after update is still rolled out and now another CC coming up when we already have enough to do with this wishlist.
    Not that I am a Moderator, but I think I can answer your questions.
    #1) Yes  the short answer The safest time to change co ops will be just after the start of the next chapter. Plan on the change over to be Weds eve 6 pm EST
    #2) I believe it is based on the number of members in the co op at the time of the start of each chapter. Empty spots do not count.
    #3) That would be nice but do not expect it to happen :(
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

The timer was corrected during today's fix and is now displaying accurately, so please don't be confused by the post you are quoting above.  It was made before the fix was implemented.

Rowdy
  • dana06 (INT1)dana06 (INT1) Posts: 15
    edited 14.12.2016
    Did phase 3 have the end? Or contrats keep going till the end of chapter 1?
    No phase or part 3 did not end. The more challenges you and your co op completes til the end of chapter 1 the more happiness added to the deco you earn for completing the chapter. Keep an eye on your timer for the change over to chapter 2. About the same time as the start of the CC.
    thanks a lot!!

Do anybody know which value of happines is second deco on beginning...do we start again from 0, or it´s higer?? Thanks...

Posts Merged | Cuddly

• Linda Lou (US1)Linda Lou (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    My fields are unusable for the third time as I have rutabagas waiting to be harvested for the xmas event because yet another person in our coop joined the game late and I can't donate until that order is filled. But the question is why don't people have a choice as to whether they want to play or not? I suspect some may be unintentionally playing when they harvest crops. Think a start button would be so helpful. Then people could play or not without affecting others or having to drop out of coop. Other than that, having great fun!
  • mikedk (US1)mikedk (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    Hey everyone
    i have a few questions about this santas wish list event.
    in the coop i am a part of, we all finished list 1 helping each other out.
    Anyone know what will happen if some of us wont be able to finish the other coming lists?
    will we stiill everyone get a decoration maybe just in a more poor quality then if we all finished our lists.
    or will a list where some has not finished mean that, those people or everyone dont get the deco at all?
    hope i make myself understandable even my English is not that well.
    mikedk
    How many open slots do you have?  We have 53 out of 68 slots and were given 2.7 million apples.  So, it is interesting that a coop of 40 would be given almost 1 million more to do.
    Only a few of us have more than 5 apples orchards so we opted out of doing this step as well.  
    I am not sure if GGS just doesn't know how to make a  achievable calculations or if they want us to pop the orchards with gold in order to achieve them.
    we are 41 out of 63 :)
    Well, this is very interesting. I also posted this in the german forum, cause I wanted some info, what others have to do and how those numbers are formed.. can't figure it out and this is, by far, the highest amount I've seen, so I thought, I'm gonna try it here too 
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Why was the Guardian period like 40 minutes long at best? I played and checked how the stage 1 was going, logged off, logged back in 30-40 minutes later and the last stage is already going on, with the timer remaining showing "1 day left". Earlier today it had several days left - so the timer bug for sure isn't fixed yet regardless of what's been said. D:
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    @Niryn (INT1)

The Guardian period is not a fixed time. It starts immediately when the 1st coop member finishes their list and ends immediately when all the lists are completed. It may take a while or may indeed be completed in 40 minutes or less, depending on the coop.

As to the issue of the timer ...
    The timer initially showed the countdown for the entire event, something like 20 days (I don't recall the exact number).  Then we, the players, requested that it be fine-tuned so that we could more easily see how much time we had left, and so it was changed to show the time left for the first chapter (which lasts, as all the chapters do, 4 days).

However, a mistake seemed to have slipped in yesterday when the timer was adjusted, and it showed 1 day extra.
    That mistake was fixed today, it now show the correct time until the end of chapter one.

Hence I will have to respectfully disagree with you, the timer bug has indeed been fixed.
  • Wendytsj626Girl (US1)Wendytsj626Girl (US1) US1 Posts: 190
    edited 14.12.2016
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

The timer was corrected during today's fix and is now displaying accurately, so please don't be confused by the post you are quoting above.  It was made before the fix was implemented.

Rowdy

Rowdy, do you pick and choose which questions to answer?  I appreciate players responses, but the only ones that can definitively answer are the moderators.  I've had two opposite responses to some of my questions.

1. How and When can a member leave a co-op and not penalize the co-ops numbers;
    2. Will leaving after a chapter nullify my donations or jeopardize the value of the décor?
    3. Will there EVER be a opt-out option or button?
    4.  Are the amount of donated products dependent upon the number of people in co-op or number of open slots? 

I LOVE my co-op but because of the number of fields I have I cannot possibly participate in this event since chapters get harder.
    Not that I am a Moderator, but I think I can answer your questions.
    #1) Yes  the short answer The safest time to change co ops will be just after the start of the next chapter. Plan on the change over to be Weds eve 6 pm EST
    #2) I believe it is based on the number of members in the co op at the time of the start of each chapter. Empty spots do not count.
    #3) That would be nice but do not expect it to happen :(

Thank you Data King....they should pay players who do the job of moderators.  And by EST, since you're US1, I'm assuming you're talking Eastern time and not European?  Will there be a split second that a change can be made?
    I see another post that says the opposite regarding #2, that the amount is dependent on slots opened in the co-op.

Posts Merged | Cuddly
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Rowdy Rac said:
    @gizmo22 (AU1)

Rowdy

Rowdy, do you pick and choose which questions to answer?  I appreciate players responses, but the only ones that can definitively answer are the moderators.  I've had two opposite responses to some of my questions.

2. Will leaving after a chapter nullify my donations or jeopardize the value of the décor?
    4.  Are the amount of donated products dependent upon the number of people in co-op or number of open slots? 

I LOVE my co-op but because of the number of fields I have I cannot possibly participate in this event since chapters get harder.
    Wendy,

Moderators are players - just like you and I - only with the additional duties of (trying) to keep the message boards clean and on-topic (and make the occasional announcement).  They aren't developers.  They typically don't have the type(s) of answers that only the programmers can give.  They can REQUEST that information, but getting those answers is going to be fairly low on a programmers priority list, if they even know the answer themselves without having to dig into the code.

We used to have Community Managers here that worked directly for GGS (Latten, Popeye, and few others), who could just walk down the hall and knock on a programmers door and ask them, but those folks are gone. :(
    Yes @Wendytsj626Girl (US1) I am talking Eastern Standard Time.
     I suggest you reread the "Official Announcement" again. Similar to last year's SWL, the lists are generated from the number of members in the co op at the time each chapter starts for #2.
    The changes are a chapter will last 4 full days : Except the very first day due to the Germany HQ so the first chapter is only 3 full day plus 6 hours long. After chapters 2 through 4 will be the full 4 days.
    The last part chapter 5, the co op special bonus stage or phase will be longer, most of the extra time we lost on day 1 will be added to day 4 making it about 39 hours long. This extra time will help a lot for the final group deco value.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    For me  the Christmas train decorations are valuable because
    1)  they are unique  and
    2) their size makes them desirable.

A 5 x 5 deco can only fit in one way, in one place.
    Five 2 x 5 decorations can be either placed together, or spread over 3 farms, depending on where you need them. They will be able to fill little spaces that may otherwise be unoccupied and where a 5 x 5 decoration will definitely not fit.

It's not just about total happiness value but also about usefulness and the size of these makes them useful. For those of us who don't use much gold and therefore don't buy deco's for gold, this is a good opportunity to obtain deco's in these useful sizes.
    deco is all about the happiness value , if your farm have 2*5 space then try to earn pearl of stone as much as you can that maintain your farm happiness and give you certain space also .
    pearl of stone gives 30 happiness(2*2) and ggs giving 2*5 deco in just 30-35 happiness
    WORST EVENT IS THIS
    OLD santa is better , in indian server players play very hard to fill 100% and got 300 happiness last time that means 300/49 =6 happiness per square and this SANTA ggs giving 3 or 3.5 happiness per square.
    I am also non gold buyer , check my farm if you wants , its totally depend on your farming or playing style
  • We just had someone join us, who was booted as a red dot, during the santa event.  They had not started the santa event  We are no longer able to work on our bonuses, even though everyone has completed. their task who have started them.  Glitch showed up when we added the new member.  Please fix the glitch GGS so we can continue working on our co-op bonus and our individual bonuses.  Thank you.  Barry.

• Rowdy, do you pick and choose which questions to answer?  I appreciate players responses, but the only ones that can definitively answer are the moderators.  I've had two opposite responses to some of my questions.

Hey @Wendytsj626Girl (US1) please be patient & give us a bit of time to answer questions. We don't always have an immediate answer available as some questions need to be discussed with the team. ;)

1 & 2. If you're going to leave your cooperative, it would be best to do so before contributing anything towards the event. Leaving during the chapter will result in all of your progress being lost. If you have already finished your list, you should stay in your cooperative until chapter 1 has ended.
    • If a cooperative loses or expels a member during phase 1 (harvesting), it will also lose all that member’s progress and inherent VHP and FHP. The member loses all the progress from the current chapter but keeps the decorations from earlier chapters (if they leave after chapter 1).
    3. We do not have a definite answer for this at this time. Once we have more information, we will let you guys know.
    4. We will need to check with the team about this.

Sign In to comment.