Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 8th - "Christmas Preparations Event" & Village Happiness - Discussion

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Can someone please confirm if we remove an inactive member while on phase 3, would that reset the donation or would it not? I remember reading about it somewhere, but can't find it now and just want to be certain.
    Yes, it will reset the Co-Op quest.

Found THAT out the hard way.
  • yep it resets. As Southern learn that hard way. That is why now i ask about bringing new ppl and etc. :)
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    Unfair!!!
    No opt out and numbers on item too high, I cant even make the amount of cherries in time without using Gold or making my co op members complete it.

Not Fun..Bad X mas event planning...
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 12.12.2016
    To be honest, players shouldn't have to rely on a forum to get the basic "How-Tos" of a game, and this game is sorely lacking in communicating how to do things.  

I totally agree and not everyone is going to come here first before signing onto their farm.  The directions should be clear when you log onto your farm.  And an event that causes you to boot out members for a few weeks,  or someone not to play their farm because they didn't want to participate in the event well..........there is just something wrong with that.

I vaguely remember this event from last year.  Maybe I wanted to forget LOL.  At any rate I am just doing the best I can this year and that is all I can do.  I am not letting it stress me out because I play this game to de-stress not add to it.
    Fully agree @maxiroy (US1) about that start button...

I must admit that we enjoyed hugely last year's Santa's List event as much as we do now. But it goes with extremely good preparations on beforehand. You have to prepare your whole coop for what is to come as far as possible. We had no trouble until now, everybody got a mail asking them friendly not to start things if they really don't want to participate and until now the members who don't farm that much did so. Furthermore we do this for the fun of working together and certainly do not let things stress us. Although we rather like to figure out every step of the way, every trick in the game and what strategy is best ourselves, than have everything spelled out for us ...

But I do agree that we all would indeed rather see that start button coming.... It would be far better if members could choose themselves for every single chapter of 4 days whether they participate or not.
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    i have 1 doubt
    say we get x happiness from chap1 then chap2 will start from this x happiness or it will start from new happiness 
  • AsterixMG (DE1)AsterixMG (DE1) DE1 Posts: 321
    i have 1 doubt
    say we get x happiness from chap1 then chap2 will start from this x happiness or it will start from new happiness 
    Since you get a separate decoration for each chapter, i assume you will start from 0
  • whew! so much harvesting my finger is stiff from click click click Santa does mean business doesn't he. Have it always been like this with xmas events?

Can someone clarify to me what happens if you boot out member who have started their wish list but don't seem interested in finishing them and are mostly offline. Do the remaining members get to continue to the next level or are they domed just anyway. And what is the issue with new coops that still have the founding member as the only member, does the single person get to proceed to the last chapter 

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Hi guys,

Just to let you know that a bugfix is planned for today.
    You can see the specific details here.

Rowdy
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    Good stuff comming. :) Thanks @Rowdy Rac :)

Any news about the start button? Or block to prevent late starters from spoiling the team work last minute?
  • Kamilcom,
    as far as I understand the fix is to prevent spoiling the team work.

Bcs one of the bug fixes is going to prevent losing the progress :)
    - Fixed the issue that the users were losing the progress of a coop task in phase 3 if the coop goes back to phase 2 and then again 3.
    Good stuff comming. :) Thanks @Rowdy Rac :)

Any news about the start button? Or block to prevent late starters from spoiling the team work last minute?
    As long as they fix the Phase 3 project from resetting every time you go (back) into Phase 3, the Start button thing won't be that big a deal.  If someone logs on and it kicks you back to Phase 2, everyone just piles on, gets them to 100% in a couple minutes, and Phase 3 will pick up again right where you left off (hopefully). :) 

But since the project will no longer reset, I pity the poor Co-Op that gets that 1.7 Million apples project. :open_mouth:
  • @Southern (US1)
    how about 1.5 million pigs ;) 
    Regardless, I'm having the time of my life :) I really love this event because it is different from our usual ones, requires planning, strategy, team work and coffee :)
    @Mtuszek (PL1)and @Southern (US1) The issue is not so much phase 3 but unfinished order which would mean failed chapter, no deco, no chance for chapter 5. If a late starter or two happen to log in in last few minutes of the chapter you might not catch it in time. In any case, risk like that is a stupid arrangement and the need to be on your guard till the last minute of the chapter in case an inactive turns in is not much fun either.
  • Ow I got what you mean Kamil, it does make sence what you're saying 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    I'm afraid there is no news about a Start button at this time.  :(
    There is not one included in the present fix.

We will certainly keep you up to date as information becomes available.

Rowdy
  • Rowdy, 
    is there a chance you could explain the decoration thing a bit more? Would be very grateful:
    I don't understand those decoration things. So there are 5 chapters and we will get 5 decorations? Each deco starts from +7 and we get more and more by completing lists of products ? How the personal bonus for donating affects my decoration? When does it happen? I currently have +32.68 happiness on my deco, +1,48 for helping out. If the chapter would finish now, how much happiness would my deco have? And does in any way this what I do in chapter 1 affect my happiness on decorations for next chapters?
    @Mtuszek (PL1)and @Southern (US1) The issue is not so much phase 3 but unfinished order which would mean failed chapter, no deco, no chance for chapter 5. If a late starter or two happen to log in in last few minutes of the chapter you might not catch it in time. In any case, risk like that is a stupid arrangement and the need to be on your guard till the last minute of the chapter in case an inactive turns in is not much fun either.
    Yeah, that's true - didn't think of that aspect of it.  An inactive member logging in during the last 5 minutes of the event could totally mess up the entire event for the whole Co-Op. :(
    edited 12.12.2016
    Looks like they added one day to first chapter time. Mistake, or intention?

• tbh I think it was like that since beginning. Because when event started clock stated 21 days for a moment 
    Chapter is 4 days long. We are on day two with less then 6 hours to go. Timer shows 3 days 5 hours. It's 5 days together, not 4 anounced.
  • DreamScape Farm (IN1)DreamScape Farm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 58
    edited 12.12.2016

@CuddlyFoxes please look into it and forward it to the concerned team.

Thanks
     B) 
  • Really appreciate the update to fish the fishing and Mermaid Bay items request and the other issues as well. But we were told we would get a "Start button" and we should still get a start button per the announcement. This will be very helpful to those members who do not take the time to read the coop messages, they can at least pause......ask a question in the chat or send out a message to the coop or better yet go back and read the messages in their box. No matter how much you plan/prepare/message sometimes things do happen and people forget or they are in a hurry cause they are doing so many other things..........it happens. I try to inform ans keep my coop as updates as I can with what info is posted int he forum & OA's.  I so proudly posted in the coop/chat/coop groups and our outside chat room (for those who still can not get into the coop group) that we will have a start button; most were depending on that button.

So once someone does login and harvest they have no idea that their harvesting is counted towards their lists; until we send them a message or they look at the top of the farms. Because we had already told everyone to expect the start button. Some players that choose not to participate for whatever reasons should not have to fell obligated if they can't due to the holidays or whatever is on their agenda. But when someone harvests and everyone's is almost done & ready to move to next step you get a 7% list that is really setting us back a lot, because we have probably already dumped our inventory out to help others, we have( I have ) bought massive amounts of item's to get those members to 100%and once some lists are done some members are logging out to take a much needed break and wait for their farms to be ready later.

I do have to say that I am not fond/happy with the massive amounts of feeds needed for this event either. On my list I needed about 1400 cow feed......that is running my mill for 15 hours non stop to get 280 feed a mill. The feed amounts are horrible and should have been scaled way back, imagine a level 35 trying to help me with my lists and this items is asking them for massive amounts for feed for that item/slot. This could/can whip them out of much needed feeds for their animals which they need the animals & need to feed them for other things as well as their own farming needs.

Right now waiting for game to come back up to see how it looks and to continue getting those not at 100% yet finished, and hope that we can get to next stage before someone logins and set us back again. If it happens we will work on that and wait for our farms to replenish to get them to 100%.

I told my coop that this was supposed to be a fun and exciting event so do what you can & don't stress over it. We will get what we get and be grateful to those who have taken the time to participate to help us get what we achieve.
  • DreamScape Farm (IN1)DreamScape Farm (IN1) IN1 Posts: 58
    edited 12.12.2016
    Chapter is 4 days long. We are on day two with less then 6 hours to go. Timer shows 3 days 5 hours. It's 5 days together, not 4 anounced.
    the first chapter was of 5 days so that everyone gets the hang of it.....

also there was some starting time issues (time zone differences) when the Rudolph came in.....keeping that in mind, the Santa was brought one day before

Edited:
    I can be wrong as I am unable to locate the post where I read it, sorry if I am wrong  :#

@CuddlyFoxes or @WascallyWabbit can you please confirm why the chapter 1 is of 5 days long?
    Post edited by DreamScape Farm (IN1) on
    edited 12.12.2016
    the first chapter was of 5 days so that everyone gets the hang of it.....

also there was some starting time issues (time zone differences) when the Rudolph came in.....keeping that in mind, the Santa was brought one day before

Where's your info from? Anouncement reads this:

Chapters 1-4 follow the same pattern and last for 4 days each.

• Okay I have a question. Did I miss something or misread the update that was posted earlier about what the issues were being adjusted/fixed?

"- Lower requests for fishing and restaurant products"

I login to go work on a members list and the fish amounts and fish recipes have not changed.

So what was the purpose of this at all?

Very disappointed that the Start Button is still invisible, can't be that hard to add it since GGS is the one who shouted it out that we would have it. Keep working on the Start Button it can be done and it can be fixed.
    Could any moderator @Rowdy Rac @WascallyWabbit @CuddlyFoxes verify pls that the change from 4 to 5 days for chapter 1 is intentional and that the chapter indeed finishes Thursday 11 pm UK time, not originally anounced Wednesday? Thanks. Wouldn't like another bad surprise on Wednesday if that was just a mistake. :)
    I do have to say that I am not fond/happy with the massive amounts of feeds needed for this event either. On my list I needed about 1400 cow feed......that is running my mill for 15 hours non stop to get 280 feed a mill.

Yeah, we had a few people that had massive amounts of cow feed.. They just asked for help, and a lot of times our other members only had to donate Wet Pig Feed or Wet Cow Feed in order to complete their order.  So don't be afraid to ask for help on that cow feed!  It's a lot easier to replace 2,000 Wet Pig Feed than it is 1,400 Cow Feed. :)

• Where's your info from? Anouncement reads this:

I did read it somewhere, but unable to locate now. But the timers right now shown does indicate to that first chapter is of 5 days long.

I can be wrong with my inferences  :'( 

• jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Could any moderator @Rowdy Rac @WascallyWabbit @CuddlyFoxes verify pls that the change from 4 to 5 days for chapter 1 is intentional and that the chapter indeed finishes Thursday 11 pm UK time, not originally anounced Wednesday? Thanks. Wouldn't like another bad surprise on Wednesday if that was just a mistake. :)

Yes, please we're all waiting. Don't want to bring someone back in and find out 5 days is wrong.

Where's your info from? Anouncement reads this:

I did read it somewhere, but unable to locate now. But the timers right now shown does indicate to that first chapter is of 5 days long.

I can be wrong with my inferences  :'( 

OK. I tell you where you read it. :) From last year Santa thread. :)
Sign In to comment.