Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing to go live in a "few days"?

The bugs haven't been fixed since the live update in September.  Now, the fishing "game" is going to go live in a few days?  How can you keep introducing new things when you can't even get the bugs fixed from the last update?  Will the CC be going on when the fishing goes live?  Something else to crash the farms while they are really needed?  I can see I'm never going to get my ship back to 4 slots --- because that makes too much sense that the few of us who have had problems with it opening without our making an informed decision (or any decision really), aren't really worth the time and trouble.

Yeah, I'm feeling frustrated right now.  Promises, Promises.  But it's not getting fixed.  Since the update that opened my ship's 2 extra slots, my reward for filling the 4 slots has increased.  I would fill it when I first logged on, then in 6 hours again then before I logged off.  I'm losing nearly $400,000 per day.  I spend gold to hasten building upgrades on the lower levels. Now, I can't even afford to buy the land, and I'm not going to buy more gold to do that when I'm saving it to upgrade buildings quicker.  

The game is not that much fun anymore :(

Comments

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    I agree with you cookie they are in over their heads  and NO support to help with the problems I have more bugs and glitches now on test farm than ever before. I see it as a diversion tactic to take the heat off their decisions about the CC but I think they will just get the people even madder. Wait and see
  • Scifi (GB1)Scifi (GB1) GB1 Posts: 78

As the Fishing adventure is on the recently started Test Server, not many players are over lvl 40, so don't have the Flower Farm.

Part of the Fishing, is to sell fish in 'The Shop', which is part of the Flower Farm.

How can we test this out, when most of us are below the level required to play the game?

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    you do not have to have the flower farm to visit the flower farm that is just were he is located so even if you do not have the flower farm yet you can still visit him 
  • Didn't see any announcements about updates for farms. Just says will not be long until will be able to go fishing and to take a look at it on test farm, I think racer announcement is to let farmers know it will be coming and you can check it out on test farm.
  • Does anyone know since I am not on level 40 on test and cannot sale my fish when the bucket gets full can you no longer fish?
  • vtkady (US1)vtkady (US1) US1 Posts: 98

We are very lost trying to figure out the fishing.  We found Oleg and clicked on him.  It had us gather some equipment, which was completed.  Then it had us practice fishing.  After that we got lost.  Have a task to catch catfish which do not exist yet.  Have a mermaid building that looks like a fish version of the bakery, but can't use it yet.  I see ways to get fish XP points, but no idea where to go from here.  Am I missing something?

kady

• jennifer4 (US1)jennifer4 (US1) Posts: 168
    edited 15.10.2016
    I think will not be able to use the restaurant  until have a fishing skill of a level 8 . I only hope that doesn't mean the restaurant has to be at level 8. I am still waiting to be able to fish again to do task number 2. Don't seem to be able to catch those sneaky fish. Still trying to finish the learn how to fish task.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    i agree that GGS should fix bugs first and sort out the problem with crates in the boat but have to say with this fishing I'm actually looking forward to it. I read the info, even finally openned my test server account, and yes, it looks good and creative. If only GGS people had as much character, common sense and responsibility as they have creativity. This game could be a whole lot better.
  • how do I get to the fishing?
  • i have not been able to fish on any farm since I filled up my bucket with fish I cannot sale them I cannot catch any more it says there are no more fish on this farm try another location or another farm and the only way I can level up in fishing is too use gold anyone else have any ideas on what I am or am not doing right I am a little confused on how this is suppose to be fun when you cannot do it???? Do I have to be on level 40 for it to work right?
  • edited 16.10.2016
    Sorry I'm  Italian and not speak English. "I can not find how to learn to fish, if I click on the fishing pole, sends me to buy the equipment, I've already bought twice but nothing happens. Maybe it's a BUG? Who knows advise ?
    Sorry I'm  Italian and not speak English. "I can not find how to learn to fish, if I click on the fishing pole, sends me to buy the equipment, I've already bought twice but nothing happens. Maybe it's a BUG? Who knows advise ?
    You have to have five things a pole reel fish line bait and a hook put one of each into your tackle box then another window comes open where there is one big fish you have to catch him to move on. when you get to fish screen use mouse click and hold your mouse dont let line go red or will snap it.  hope this helps you
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Oleg is on the Gourmet and Main farm also...

• Oleg is on the Gourmet and Main farm also...

@CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)  Do you have a tutorial up yet?  I go to your site A LOT and direct my co-op members there, too.  Just Love It!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I am working on one right now CookieHugs (US1) but my test farm is so bugged I'm not doing too well. I am working on Oleg and the Mermaid Bay at the same time. The info that I do have so far is on line, links are on Home page.

jess_d (US1) has posted a very nice one here:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/135909/helpful-information-about-fishing-for-everyone-not-a-bug
  • is there going to be a separate town for the fishing or will it be off of the dock in the flower farm section? i'm really looking forward to it. not into the viking island, it's ok but just not my thing. i like the other places too, like those, just can't wait for the fishing one. i love to fish so i'm thinking it will be fun.
    Hope you like buying gold venus  cause yr going to need it or  progress at the rate of a paraplegic snail.
  • Hope you like buying gold venus  cause yr going to need it or  progress at the rate of a paraplegic snail.
    the Fisihing XP gained through $$ is very less and you need a huge amount of money in stock to get those XP..........

Gold gives huge amount of XP.....so either stock up your gold or buy for the fishing XP....because without the XP.....fishing wont be any fun :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file