Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship: Taking away Gold flowers and mining license prizes?

Comments

• GGS,

if you think of removing Gold seeds will give increase business in Gold buying, that is a bad analysis.

There are thousands of players who never buy gold and this seed was helpful for them to participate in events.

You are loosing players already and existing players losing interest in CC for sure!

Please start over :-)
  • by now GGS will be aware of how we feel and the challenge is due to start and as part of a co-op we all do what is best for our teams, it is time for co-ops to put aside any rivalry they have and for leaders to speak to each other to decide what is best for the game as a whole, I would think that most co-ops have players that are loosing interest in the challenge and have players thinking of quitting this game, do you want to stand by your players or fill GGS's pockets again, and again and again because nothing will change if we continue as we are,

leaders talk to each other

happy farming

Andyh
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I dont use that much gold (I tend to think so anyway), and I not so gold fixed as everyone seems to be. But the seaweed I will for sure miss, so I am very exiting to find out, what they plan to over it up with now.
  • canco (ES1)canco (ES1) ES1 Posts: 655
    If you take away the only incentive we had to achieve high scores.
    We change the flowers and gold mining title, for other decorations more value, clear the value of the decoration they put them. (SGG)
    What is the value we place us ?, we are players and customers that keep the game alive. SGG has stopped to think about it ?.
    Therefore, as a player bigfarm and client GGS I demand that as do surveys to see the bugs that come out in the game, do a survey to see if we want to take away our prizes, flowers and gold mining title.
    Otherwise my credit union and I do not try hard as we always do in that competition
    regards

Saludos desde España.
    Cancosan
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Nothing left worth winning so we will not be putting any effort into it this time round.  :¬(
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    Now available at convenience stores everywhere:

the "co-op challenge lottery ticket"

match all 8 numbers and win $3

cost, only $5 each
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    Tired of CC frequency? Tired of lessening rewards? Easy fix.. although impossible to obtain..ALL farmers do ZERO missions during CC and those that have an ego problem and MUST win along with the some of the ever present co-op mentality of having to be first at all costs have at it with your non-stop missions BUT spend ZERO gold. I believe GGS would take notice. Threats of boycott, not trying as hard or not spending as much as before will fall upon deaf ears. Why is that? Because GGS knows it has a core of co-ops that will fight for 1st no matter what they do..just sayin...me, I don't care one way or the other cuz I take delight in doing zero missions during the CC..I look at it as it's a vacation from my daily mission..YEEHAW!! Happy Farming..
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    I usually don't care about CC and never had a chance for gold flowers or GMC in it. Can't be bothered really. But will put my two cents here anyway. This is how GGS listen to players, how they value our opinion and wishes. In real world the value of an item is by greater part determined by demand. If people want it, the value tends to increase. GGS people never care about what is valuable for players. They create artificial pricing, detached from reality, and then call it greater value. While the only thing that happened is that they gave us less valuable item with higher price tag. Rediculous, isn't it? In real world it's called "deception".

You know why they call it "enhancement"? They hope that it will enhance your options to spend money on gold. :)
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Because the removal of the only nice rewards is going to be taken away when the starting of the next coop challenge i asked the top 20 coops (and a coop that used allot of gold last challenge that is not in top 20) to not use gold this challenge. I already got a few replies stating they are not using gold this challenge.

These coops are the best coops of all servers with the highest ranked players that spend tons of gold. We are not saying that we are boycotting these challenge, we are only saying we are not spending a single gold coin to these challenges, we are only using dollars these challenges until they are changing back to the rewards like they were before.
  • Tired of CC frequency? Tired of lessening rewards? Easy fix.. although impossible to obtain..ALL farmers do ZERO missions during CC and those that have an ego problem and MUST win along with the some of the ever present co-op mentality of having to be first at all costs have at it with your non-stop missions BUT spend ZERO gold. I believe GGS would take notice. Threats of boycott, not trying as hard or not spending as much as before will fall upon deaf ears. Why is that? Because GGS knows it has a core of co-ops that will fight for 1st no matter what they do..just sayin...me, I don't care one way or the other cuz I take delight in doing zero missions during the CC..I look at it as it's a vacation from my daily mission..YEEHAW!! Happy Farming..
    Boycotting means to withdraw/not participate and its not a threat
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    edited 15.10.2016
    @Angelas Place...I know what it means..don't take it personal..my point still stands.. a 'few' who boycott will accomplish nothing..it needs to be across the board which will never happen for reasons stated above...
  • so far I love the new changes . still a bit too slow to change the boring repeating  weekly task.. not bothering to do them anymore as there is no point to winning the same DEC over and over again..Please get rid of the red exclamation mark on the world map.. its distracting ,annoying and not necessary. as for gold licence.. Ive played this game daily for over a year now and never managed to win a gold licence. so I wont miss it.
  • dont be so selfish ggs

keep some rewards for us and let us enjoy them
  • I agree 100% with amandaps! we rely on gold (to buy treats for each other if nothing else) and you really are taking the michael by swapping the gold for feed/fert that is "worth more"  :(  it is only worth more if it's what you need at the time, you can't save it for upgrades on water tower/dog house etc... i'm once again disappointed with a descision made by GGS who have obviously not payed attention to what players (unless they are those who spend a fortune in rl to buy gold) want and need  :(  i will NOT be taking part in the challenge, nor will i be doing the side bar missions during the duration of the challenge...

BAD ON YOU GGS!!!  :(  :(  :(
  • With the CC competition looming, I can't see any incentive for me to give more than about 10% effort...if any at all.  I'll never be able to afford to buy enough gold to compete and I end up using all the resources gained during the event just to stay afloat.  This is also my experience with the Hard Worker Event...but at least in the Hard Worker, I'm up against similar level farmers.  In the CC, as a low level player, I often go up against people 100+ levels ahead of me.  How is that fair?  And then they are so obviously using gold to inflate the numbers, what's the point? 

I understand this is ultimately a business, but there is no level playing field and unless one has very deep pockets, there is just no way to compete.  And now they seem to be doing the CC's more often, so I'm not even able to replenish my resources.  To me, it seems like a very obvious money grab and with no ability to win gold licenses or gold flowers, any incentive I had to spend my time, effort and money is gone. 

It's obvious that GG could care less what we want in order to keep us here in the game...and I suspect I'm not alone thinking there are much better ways for me to spend my time. 

• @Angelas Place...I know what it means..don't take it personal..my point still stands.. a 'few' who boycott will accomplish nothing..it needs to be across the board which will never happen for reasons stated above...
    I know and agree 100% This is absurd what they have done and everyone should just not participate in CC AT ALL!!!!
  • edited 15.10.2016
    So here's another thing I'm trying to wrap my mind around.  Folks are saying that some of these players spend $100 or more per CC.  At the rate we're having CC's that is at a minimum $1200 per year just on the CC events.  Now, I'll admit I'm part of the working poor and I know there are folks that have disposable income, but I can't understand how anyone can justify that kind of money when they get ZERO gain in their real world...other than perhaps bragging rights.  But even that doesn't make sense...because if you have to buy the win with gold, what is there really to brag about?  I'm left thinking that at least some of these heavy gold users are employees of the game and have access to free gold...otherwise it wouldn't be sustainable.  And if that's the case...they've planted some moles to inflate the whole process to get other competitive players following suit.  Now that's some major manipulation. 

I admit I may be wrong, but there really is no other logical explanation for spending $1200 and on up per year for a virtual farm.  Those folks would have much better odds playing the lottery for a chance to win something that could impact their real lives.

Am I the only one thinking this?

• Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Yes some may have limited funds to throw away here but some people spend a lot more than that. 
  • I have taken the opportunity to do some upgrades, check out the test server, do some fishing and good old fashioned house cleaning for the holidays.........Fixin' to make some chicken stew today.....but I'm acclimating myself to the next few days with no missions......none.....a vacay......and I hate it, because I really do enjoy missions, and the Co Op championship in general, but the goldflowers and licenses WERE the reason I "worked" so hard during the challenge.........and now that they're gone, I'll choose to "work" hard at other stuff B)
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    I know someone who says she figures she spends close to $500 per challenge if she plays hard.  She spends on personal boosters, super humus and feed, seaweed humus and feed, and pushing harvests.  She doesn't play the CC WOF because she thinks it is kind of cheating. 

For what it's worth, she says she won't be playing a single mission this time, because the only reason to play is so others in her co op who can't afford it will have access to a little gold.  So that's $500 less in the GGS coffers from their decision :wink:
  • Elco (GB1)Elco (GB1) Posts: 103
    edited 15.10.2016
    So here's another thing I'm trying to wrap my mind around.  Folks are saying that some of these players spend $100 or more per CC.  At the rate we're having CC's that is at a minimum $1200 per year just on the CC events.  Now, I'll admit I'm part of the working poor and I know there are folks that have disposable income, but I can't understand how anyone can justify that kind of money when they get ZERO gain in their real world...other than perhaps bragging rights.  But even that doesn't make sense...because if you have to buy the win with gold, what is there really to brag about?  I'm left thinking that at least some of these heavy gold users are employees of the game and have access to free gold...otherwise it wouldn't be sustainable.  And if that's the case...they've planted some moles to inflate the whole process to get other competitive players following suit.  Now that's some major manipulation. 

I admit I may be wrong, but there really is no other logical explanation for spending $1200 and on up per year for a virtual farm.  Those folks would have much better odds playing the lottery for a chance to win something that could impact their real lives.

People are entitled to do whatever they please, without having to justify anything to you (nor I for that matter), with their money. If you expand your reasoning, then why purchasing a top-end mobile phone while a cheaper one will do just as well? Why have several? Why buy an expensive car while there are plenty others way cheaper? Why play the lottery when you know the odd are stacked against you ever winning? Those are all (right or wrong) examples which could be endlessly discussed.

But you're missing the point as this thread isn't about what people decide to do or not with their money, the whole thing is about GGS being way too blatantly greedy while trying to hide behind "improved" features and rewards, which aren't.

It is also not about why coop/players win all the time so shall we go back to the original point?
    Otherwise it becomes cacophony and this would play into GGS' hands.
    Yes it is GGS game but they are clueless about how to handle customers and foremost to keep them satisfied, ensuring in that way their own corporate survival.
  • Personally, I'm getting really fed up with having the Coop Championships coming so often.  There is never only 1 event taking place and everyone has to decide whether to do the current coop project, do the championship mission or try to help themselves with contracts etc.  I'm getting frustrated by putting my farm on hold while I do what is best for the coop.  Not as much fun playing as it used to be!
  • Diddler (US1)Diddler (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 15.10.2016

People are entitled to do whatever they please, without having to justify anything to you (nor I for that matter), with their money. If you expand your reasoning, then why purchasing a top-end mobile phone while a cheaper one will do just as well? Why have several? Why buy an expensive car while there are plenty others way cheaper? Why play the lottery when you know the odd are stacked against you ever winning? Those are all (right or wrong) examples which could be endlessly discussed.

But you're missing the point as this thread isn't about what people decide to do or not with their money, the whole thing is about GGS being way too blatantly greedy while trying to hide behind "improved" features and rewards, which aren't.

It is also not about why coop/players win all the time so shall we go back to the original point?
    Yes it is GGS game but they are clueless about how to handle customers and foremost to keep them satisfied, ensuring in that way their own corporate survival.
    I said I wont comment here anymore..We can't talk about people.. But it's okay for them to hose us that's Okay perfectly fine...It's okay for a certain group who can not be mentioned.. To corner the game.. Can't talk about them.. They are immune they make GG's money!!! So this is my last post PERIOD. Go ahead write your come back.

Just like people are entitled to their own opinion.. You just made that clear that we are not.. Only you are.. Why play the lottery when you know the odds are stacked against you ever winning? Why play the CC event when you know who has stacked against you ever winning? Oh that's right your not on our server! So are you the You Know WHO"S on your server???? Good Games and this forum have made it clear they do not care about us as people or players of this game... You can not talk about people or coops that may be MOLES.. That would expose the deception... I feel The you Know who's are being paid with GOLD.. So that other coops spend hundreds of dollars to try and get them thus GG's makes more money... A monopoly!

It would not surprise me at all if what I just said gets removed...Got to cover their tracks! The CC event starts tomorrow make sure the You know who's get their deposit!
    Post edited by Diddler (US1) on
  • So here's another thing I'm trying to wrap my mind around.  Folks are saying that some of these players spend $100 or more per CC.  At the rate we're having CC's that is at a minimum $1200 per year just on the CC events.  Now, I'll admit I'm part of the working poor and I know there are folks that have disposable income, but I can't understand how anyone can justify that kind of money when they get ZERO gain in their real world...other than perhaps bragging rights.  But even that doesn't make sense...because if you have to buy the win with gold, what is there really to brag about?  I'm left thinking that at least some of these heavy gold users are employees of the game and have access to free gold...otherwise it wouldn't be sustainable.  And if that's the case...they've planted some moles to inflate the whole process to get other competitive players following suit.  Now that's some major manipulation. 

I shared my thoughts and asked if I was the only one with these thoughts.  I never asked anyone to justify their spending.  And if it's ok to talk about GGS being greedy, why is it not ok for me to wonder if they aren't setting up certain 'players' with free gold to get others to spend to compete?  Here in American we still have the right to freedom of speech...so while it's still available to me, I will utilize it to engage in discussion.  My opinion and thoughts are just as relevant as any others.  If you don't like what I say, that's fine and is your prerogative.  But I suspect that there are some others who have wondered, as I do, how people can continue to contribute ridiculous amounts of money for this specific brand of entertainment. 

Everyone can play this game in whatever way floats their boat.  I never once told anyone how they can play their game.  And the fact that this riled you so much makes me wonder if I didn't hit a nerve.  Perhaps I hit a bit too close to the mark, huh? 
  • We as player need to take a stand!
    Do Not buy Gold or use gold for the CC
    If and this is a big if enough players stop with the gold use and purchases.
    Things will have to change for the company to remain a profitable company by keeping their customers, yes us players happy so we want to spend our hard earned money on gold.
    I agree and will not buy or  spend any gold. Our co-op has a mixture of people; some use gold and some are elderly and on fixed incomes (or younger and raising kids) -for those folks, these prizes are their one way to keep up with the herd.
    I enjoy the game, but it has always been obvious that it was constructed to maximize profit for its designers. Fair enough -I don't expect to receive anyone's hard work and skill for free. BUT there is such a thing as VALUE FOR MONEY. Good Game needs to remember that this isn't REAL gold haha although they treat it and price it as such. One word, BF: WalMart ;-)
     I am reasonably certain that many players have spent the equivalent of 4 or more massive PC games playing this one thing. The game needs to give back occasionally. It is also true that the Co-op Challenge presents very little in the way of real challenge: it has devolved into a money war between groups of like-minded big spenders. Since it seems to be as much a casino as anything else, I leave you with the gambler's adage: "You can shear a sheep many times, but skin him only once." OCCUPY BIG FARM! haha

Oh that's right your not on our server! 
    No, I'm not but does it mean what you're describing is not happening on other servers?
    Do you envy them? I thought envy was a sin. Do you despise them so much that you can only talk about them? That makes me think about fascination more than anything else.
    Actually why don't you join them? Or stop craving for rewards you say yourself you cannot earn, and find another way of enjoying the game?

And the fact that this riled you so much makes me wonder if I didn't hit a nerve.  Perhaps I hit a bit too close to the mark, huh?  
    Ah, yes, the freedom of speech so dear to our friends across the pond and their conspiracy theories...
    No you didn't hit a never but you came up with a totally different topic than what this thread is meant for.
    We're here to express to GGS why we feel totally ignored, taken for granted and utterly displeased by their arrogant disrespectful attitude.

If you want to discuss how people could want to spend money neither you nor I, have into a virtual game (i.e gold and more gold), there are plenty other threads in the forums about that topic you can contribute to or even create one yourself. After all, you're free to express yourself :smile:
  •  Oh that's right your not on our server! 
    No, I'm not but does it mean what you're describing is not happening on other servers?
    Do you envy them? I thought envy was a sin. Do you despise them so much that you can only talk about them? That makes me think about fascination more than anything else.
    Actually why don't you join them? Or stop craving for rewards you say yourself you cannot earn, and find another way of enjoying the game?

Wanting a competition based on fairness and the ability to grow and manage one's farm is not a sign of envy.  Having a competition where the winners can buy the win instead of having to actually work their farms is really not a competition.  Yes, it's the way GGS set it up...and the reasons are obvious.  Wanting 'valued' rewards that everyone is inspired to play for seems to be a common idea based on these posts.  Having a forum to discuss such things while the makers of this game completely ignore it, is a ruse, at best.  Sorry if you felt I was off topic.  Can't imagine that line of thinking would be popular to GGS in any thread.  I asked a question...and got your feedback an none other.  Whatever.  Everyone has to make their own decisions about how they choose to respond and play based on the removal of the GML's and Goldflowers.  I know what I'll be doing.  Best of luck to you and your game. 
  • ttt34 (INT1)ttt34 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Yes, I realize that, but taking it out of the cc certainly limits my options and makes it much harder to get enough gold to do anything with. As a lower level player trying to earn goldflowers on my own isn't a realistic option, taking them out of the cc will drastically hurt my chances to get them. Forgive me if I don't see this as an improvement to my game, but rather as a move to try to get more players to buy gold directly.

I agree with BF. Or you hard work or you buy it.
    @onewithnature (US1), @Diddler (US1) this thread was never about WHO can win and HOW they do it, but WHAT can be won and the fact it has been taken away.

Of course everybody is entitled to an opinion and to express it, but derailing the original topic is in fact playing into GGS hand without them having to do anything!

The rewards which could be won in previous Coop Challenges have gotten less and less, until the very last interesting ones have now gone.
    How far can we take it? What else will GGS do to remove the fun of this great concept of a game if we don't voice our discontent in a constructive and somewhat common manner across all servers?
    Yes they have to make their stockholders happy but that cannot go without making the base, us, their customers, happy too.
    And we're simply not happy.

Boycott the Challenge? GGS could increase its recurrence to force us playing it. Will they? I don't know. But they easily could.
    So let's play the Challenge, but with no gold purchase. That ought to talk to them, if sales decrease dramatically. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Well put @Elco (GB1)
    Totally agree if enough players and co ops choose to not buy and use Gold for this and maybe future CCs
    their bottom line will be effected and they will have to do some thing or risk going under. 1 or 2 large co ops can not support this company on their own no matter how much they choose to buy or spend gold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file