Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• edited 11.07.2015
    We have been pleading with GGS for a longtime to put in a safety feature to prevent accidental spending/losses ofgold! I have a possible solution that I think would work, make a lot ofplayers very happy and increase gold sales for GGS too!
    Isuggest that we have a bank. Then, we each have a SAFE deposit box in the vaultin the bank (or a gold account-but I like the SAFE deposit box concept better) inthe bank to store all of our gold in. No gold can be spent for our farmsfrom the bank. All game gold & purchased gold would be deposited in thisaccount.
    Then, like on the Temporary Island Farms,when we want to transfer money from our Gold SAFE deposit box (or gold account)into the game, we just go to the bank and do it like we transfer farm dollarsinto the Island currency on the temp. farms now. Whenever we need more gold in the game, wejust transfer it there.
    GGS may be able to adapt the programmingused on the Island farms to this too. Ofcourse once transferred to your game the Gold would not be able to betransferred back to the bank.
    That way, only the amount of gold that youhave transferred to the game would be subject to a possible accidental loss.Keep it all in the vault in your SAFE deposit box and you cannot lose it! J
    Players can transfer as much as they want fromthe bank into the game. That way massiveGold players (who may not care about possible accidental losses) could have allof their gold in the game account where we see it now and not have tocontinually transfer it Below where wesee the available gold now, would be theamount of gold in our safe deposit box to help us keep track of it.
    Howabout it GGS? Can you make thispossible? IMO a lot of players would bevery happy and I expect that it would increase your gold sales too!
  • bikeboy (GB1)bikeboy (GB1) Posts: 486
    edited 11.07.2015
    Good idea Crafty but I am sure you already know the answer. The accidental gold usage is a good earner for GGS, although once a player has been caught out a few times, they STOP buying gold..I know some players say it is the fault of the player, I have never "lost" gold this way, but it is the principle of it. The pop ups appear usually as you are harvesting or doing a two-parter, you click to transfer and as you go to click "yes" "transfer" up pops the gold usage with the use gold in the exact spot you need to click. Players have asked for ages for GGS to implement a safety feature, a simple "are you sure" would be enough. But we hear ever excuse under the sun why they cannot do it. The gold deals are programmed to appear at certain times and putting in a safety measure would in theory render the programming a waste of time. I am sure there are a lot of player who like myself know exactly why they do not put in a safety feature.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 11.07.2015
    The idea of a bank for our gold is not new; it has been launched before (early 2014 if I remember well) and then it has not been followed up by GGS .... so .... hmmmm ....
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 12.07.2015
    I've said for years (In this thread, I think...) that GGS's business model revolves around "juking" its customers out of their gold and money. They obviously make more real dollars by tricking people out of their cash rather than just trying to honestly get them to purchase. That's sad, but I'm still here so I guess it works...

04.10.2013:
    Latten wrote: »
    Hey guys,

the idea is great on paper, but I can already imagine the hundreds and hundreds of tickets complaining about "the skip feature not working anymore" because people disabled it by accident or by browsing through the options :D One golden rule for our game design is: Even if the game gets complicated in rules, try to keep the user interface as simple as possible for everyone. That's why we usually don't want to push all kinds of options and switches into the options menu.

BUT we're thinking about a way to "undo" accidental gold expenses (because no, we actually don't want to trick you into spending gold you don't want to spend ^^), it might take a few updates until we have something usable and final though.

And now, 19 months later, what has the "team" come up with?

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • rocnrobn (US1)rocnrobn (US1) US1 Posts: 259
    edited 12.07.2015
    I think maybe a button like when we demolish., just asking if we are sure. Simple and easy...
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 12.07.2015
    It really is that simple, rocrobn. But they're not going to do it. It's a very dirty way to deal with loyal, paying customers but that is their business model. Most of us are still here just because of the friends we have made in our co-ops. To quit is pretty much like abandoning them.

But, as you can see, this is a most irksome issue for me and many of the other loyal farmers that have been here all along.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 12.07.2015
    rocnrobn wrote: »
    I think maybe a button like when we demolish., just asking if we are sure. Simple and easy...

Personally I wouldn`t like to see that option, it could get extremely annoying during a mission. I would prefer to see something more like the "sow last seed" where you have to move to a 2nd button, which could still be done quickly if necessary.
  • YosemiteSam (US1)YosemiteSam (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 12.07.2015
    I lost 3 gold while I was slleping last night, how did that happen, the gremlins, or yard knombs.
  • Raven68 (US1)Raven68 (US1) Posts: 101
    edited 12.07.2015
    All I can do is add my agreement to this request. It is truly one of the most UNIVERSALLY REQUESTED features in this game. Equally universal is the vexation of accidentally wasting gold on some mis-click action. Come on, GGS - hear us and make the one change that would please everyone! How many updates can you say that about?
  • Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 13.07.2015
    I lost 2,000 gold when I tried to name my new foal. Instead of the foal coming up first in the screen as I assumed it would, my old horse came up. I had no idea it cost 2,000 to rename a horse. And of course there was no warning.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 13.07.2015
    "BUT we're thinking about a way to "undo" accidental gold expenses (because no, we actually don't want to trick you into spending gold you don't want to spend ), it might take a few updates until we have something usable and final though. Quote from Latten"
    I hope this get done sooner rather than later!! Yes I have make a few mis-clicks and spend Gold too.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 14.07.2015

And now, 19 months later, what has the "team" come up with?

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button

See, that's why I don't like to mark anything as definitive in here :D

In all honesty though: This option was talked about many, many times. It was brought up again, let go again, brought up again. At this point, I would almost like to say it's highly implausible, but I know that as soon as I do that, we'll probably plan that exact thing anyway.

We'll bring it up to the devs again, but really - I can't promise anything :)
  • swarm (GB1)swarm (GB1) GB1 Posts: 9
    edited 17.07.2015
    I have read this problem on other threads, so here goes....

I've just accidently clicked on a trolley and it took a couple of thousand of my gold...

In other parts of the game, you click on a trolley and it asks you how much etc etc, not, it seems when you are about to spend gold.

Really hacked off with this, I was not intending to buy water, I just wanted to see how much it would cost to work out if it would be effective...instead, I lost precious gold I have worked hard to build up.

Game developers - you MUST change this so that we get a "are you sure you want to spend XXX gold?" warning - it is simply not fair on all of us hard working farmers who are investing our time and money in your game.
    edited 17.07.2015
    swarm wrote: »
    I have read this problem on other threads, so here goes....

I've just accidently clicked on a trolley and it took a couple of thousand of my gold...

In other parts of the game, you click on a trolley and it asks you how much etc etc, not, it seems when you are about to spend gold.

Really hacked off with this, I was not intending to buy water, I just wanted to see how much it would cost to work out if it would be effective...instead, I lost precious gold I have worked hard to build up.

Game developers - you MUST change this so that we get a "are you sure you want to spend XXX gold?" warning - it is simply not fair on all of us hard working farmers who are investing our time and money in your game.

Sorry to hear you lost your gold :S .... BEWARE of buttons with blue on them!... I assume you clicked the one in the Nursery, if so, its like many gold buttons, it gives you the info when you hover over it, that one says "Buy Water for 20 gold" ... There are a couple in the game to watch out for though, where there is no amount in the hover text, like renaming a horse is one I can think of, it just says "Rename", though it does telll you its 2000 gold on the next page before you go ahead.
  • marion93 (AU1)marion93 (AU1) Posts: 9
    edited 29.07.2015
    the safety feature should be on the upgrade button too as at times you are clicking to harvest stuff and if you are too fast with it you can accidentally click on upgrade before you know it not good
    edited 29.07.2015
    marion932 wrote: »
    the safety feature should be on the upgrade button too as at times you are clicking to harvest stuff and if you are too fast with it you can accidentally click on upgrade before you know it not good

Indeed.... There is another thread asking for that CONFIRM UPGRADE
  • just lost 1000 gold..looked t a screen about a mission did not press to put gold in pushed the x but with the glitch in i guess our wonderful flash..it sticks sometimes and my gold lft..never came back..games are not worth gold to me considering i have been stolen from on the internet..do not trust buying but i accumilated this after a while and now it is gone..I am ready to go..after all th work on christmas..my team..i just am done..it is not fun..no money to accumulate because it goes too fast now...There is no incentive anymore..It used to be fun..now..i am losing eveyrthing
  • I would very much like to request that no more pop-up screens appear with which one can spend a lot of gold in a single click !

Recently I was about to click on one of the fields to harvest corn and at the same moment a pop-up appeared with an offer to buy all kinds of stuff for gold. I have always been somewhat afraid of this happening but it never did, but Saturday it did....Now the field was at the same position as one of the buying buttons so by accident I clicked that and bought 950 stupid horse shoes for a whopping 8k GOLD, which is something no sensible person would ever do ! Also this happened at an account I was trying to help with her week-mission, not even my own account....So instead of helping her I ended up wasting 8k Gold which is an insane amount for her....

So I would appreciate it if goodgame would implement a confirmation popup to ask if you are sure you want to spend that much gold !

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've been asking forever.  I hope they listen this time.
  • Everyone has been asking for this since the beginning of gold usage.
    Expecting for a proper reply from the mods or CMs
  • I would very much like to request that no more pop-up screens appear with which one can spend a lot of gold in a single click !

Recently I was about to click on one of the fields to harvest corn and at the same moment a pop-up appeared with an offer to buy all kinds of stuff for gold. I have always been somewhat afraid of this happening but it never did, but Saturday it did....Now the field was at the same position as one of the buying buttons so by accident I clicked that and bought 950 stupid horse shoes for a whopping 8k GOLD, which is something no sensible person would ever do ! Also this happened at an account I was trying to help with her week-mission, not even my own account....So instead of helping her I ended up wasting 8k Gold which is an insane amount for her....

So I would appreciate it if goodgame would implement a confirmation popup to ask if you are sure you want to spend that much gold !

@Whisky (NL1)

Hi Whisky,

Sorry to hear that this happened to you, there was a change was made on the July 5th Update which said:

Due to your feedback, we will add a delay for all popup windows which feature a direct "buy" button, so accidental clicks should be reduced even more. We look forward to your feedback once you've been able to check how it works, the times can still be tweaked.

I will pass on your message as feedback on that change.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958

I would very much like to request that no more pop-up screens appear with which one can spend a lot of gold in a single click !

@Whisky (NL1)

Hi Whisky,

Sorry to hear that this happened to you, there was a change was made on the July 5th Update which said:

Due to your feedback, we will add a delay for all popup windows which feature a direct "buy" button, so accidental clicks should be reduced even more. We look forward to your feedback once you've been able to check how it works, the times can still be tweaked.

I will pass on your message as feedback on that change.
    Yup, Wabbit, a delay.  A delay so short you're lucky to see it.  If you blink, you don't see it.  That was only done so GGS could say they listened to feedback, as you said above, and took action.  It was not done to prevent accidental gold use.  There should be, as has been asked many times before, a confirmation for gold usage.  I know it can be done as it is part of very nearly every other online game I have ever played.  The fact that it is not done here is simply because the company chooses not to do so.

Rant off.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 16.08.2016
    This almost happened to me too the other day. I would have been really ticked if I had accidentally purchased an appearance for my field or whatever it was. (I  have no desire to use appearances, would like to choose differt colors or something, but I certainly don't want a dilapidated field for my hard-earned gold)
    How long is the delay on the popups ? One second? Not good enough! We need a confirmation button on all popups!
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    edited 16.08.2016
    This almost happened to me too the other day. I would have been really ticked if I had accidentally purchased an appearance for my field or whatever it was. (I  have no desire to use appearances, would like to choose differt colors or something, but I certainly don't want a dilapidated field for my hard-earned gold)
    How long is the delay on the popups ? One second? Not good enough! We need a confirmation button on all popups!
    I'll forward this to the devs! We initially added the delay with the intent of watching how it works, if we need a longer delay or if it's too long even, and so on. I'm sure it won't be too much of an issue to extend the delay a bit :)

edit: Forwarded, we'll increase the delay a bit and see how it's  working afterwards! This will happen maybe with todays, else with tomorrows update!
  • edited 25.09.2016
    Hi, everyone!
    A few weeks ago, I started playing BigFarm, after it was announced that Café was going to shut down. BigFarm is a very different game, but it's amusing all the same, and my friend agreed to join too, so we're kind of helping each other out and discussing the game.
    One thing that we both agree on is that a confirmation or 'are you sure?' type of button would be a very helpful addition.
    I'm might be because we're so used to Café, but we both seem to misclick a lot, and we end up spending gold or other resources unnecessarily.
    You see, here the button to speed up a process is one click away from costing you gold. I understand the people who make the game profit from this, but I really don't like it.
    In this game, there is no confirmation button. Mousing over something already tells you the price, there's no need for an extra screen. But if it's going to cost gold, I'd really like it if there was one.
    The second pet peeve I have is closely related: I'd also like one for the seaweed food/ humus.
    I've been saving mine up for the hard worker event. At the start of the day, I had 30. I'm now on 10 because I have a line of chicken coops¹, where the seaweed food overlaps with the coop next to it. When I harvest it from right to left (as I keep doing for no apparent reason other than habit and a bit of comfort), it's quite risky. This also happens on my fields.

I feel like a confirmation button wouldn't be of any kind of inconvenience to people who intend to use it because most people won't seaweed all their plants and produce. If you're only seaweedifying one field, one confirmation menu won't be the end of the world. (I can see how it would get annoying if you were using a lot of it, but I can't think of any situation where you'd do that.)

What do you guys think?

fig 1:

Extra edit: Unless I really have to, I'd much rather post on this board than on the Dutch one. My English is just a lot better than my Dutch, if I'm honest, as I was raised bilingually. 
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    I have played this game for over 2 years and the request for a confirmation button has been asked by the majority of the players for as long as I can remember.  It is one of the important issues that seems to be ignored  by GGS - it is one way they can be sure of getting gold out of us.  
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 25.09.2016
    I have been playing this game for 4 years now, and have seen this same question passing by many many times.
    But such a button isn't there on purpose for obvious reasons... lot of the players hate this, lot of other players don't bother that much. Don't know about any majority coz I don't know all the players all over the world and I am sure most of them never ever visit the forum.

I for one, do believe one has just to be prudent when clicking: clicking too fast without paying attention will indeed lead to miss clicking. It happened maybe twice to me in over 4 years: I banged my head against the wall, called myself an idiot and moved on again. Coz I know the possibility to easily miss click has been build in, so I am aware and thus can avoid it ..... promised myself to be more prudent in the future again.

I do respect the wishes of other players, but - again - I am not that much bothered by such a button not being available. I love these in build tricks & traps, love to search for them, love to plan my strategy around them and love to teach my self to avoid them. It makes the game so much more exiting IMHO... and I didn't buy any gold since February 2014.
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 25.09.2016
    @blijemeid2020 (NL1)
    Many of us have asked GGS for a 'confirm' button for skipping with gold. GGS refuses to add it because it is a convenient way for them to get people to spend gold inadvertantly, and thus encourages higher gold sales for GGS. In fact, instead of adding the confirm feature, the recent changes GGS has implemented make it even easier to mistakenly skip with gold. No doubt this strategy works and some players do buy more gold because of it, but it has had the opposite effect on me, since I refuse to buy gold until they can safeguard it.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Sorry @blijemeid2020 (NL1)
     As you can see from the posts following yours that this has and will be a big negative point to the game. Best bet "look, check before you click".
  • I hear what you're saying and I feel for you, been there once or twice since I started playing this game. But one must remember all games are designed not only differently, but with a purpose in mind; to get players to join and play not only for fun, but to make money for the company that designs the game. With that being said, I agree with Jiesta (NL1). In playing this game it only takes a few times to get bit by clicking and using product you didn't want to use or clicking and harvesting products you were saving for something else. I hope you and your friend continue to play the game in spite of a missing confirmation button.
This discussion has been closed.