Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 9th - Let's redesign the farm! - Discussion

Comments

• I do not have the LAYOUT MODE your talking about, I still have the move and rotate above the cursor.  Is there something I need to do first to get this ?

Thank you,

Sandra
    Good Farmers
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 09.08.2016
    OMG its so citing I may splode!!!!!  

Loook at all that stuffs!!!  Giant fishes, horse ranch the size of main farm, TWO flower farms, freerange Alpacas, & is that deco tower down near Viking farm? secret stuff hidden in the fog, test server, decorating mode.... I gonna hafta go lay down lol

Great job GGS, looks awesome!!

EDIT: Ooh I see one of the Flower Farms has been vandalised on the map since I posted lol Now we have mystery island & mystery farm....The plot thickens hehe
    Post edited by RunsWivScissors (GB1) on
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 08.08.2016
    I do not have the LAYOUT MODE your talking about, I still have the move and rotate above the cursor.  Is there something I need to do first to get this ?

Thank you,

Sandra
    Good Farmers
    It'll appear with the update tomorrow :)

edit: Whoops, still logged in with the DE Account ^^
  • Thank you Latten, can't wait to use it !

Sandra
    GF
  • Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    When does it start? I still have the move and rotate buttons.
  • Vessarria (US1)Vessarria (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    Thank you!!! Great Update and Looks Like even more great things to come!
  • Muslim Farmer (US1)Muslim Farmer (US1) Posts: 118
    edited 08.08.2016

Looks so exciting!

When will the test server be starting? 

and will it also have cooperatives?

• enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 08.08.2016
    When does it start? I still have the move and rotate buttons.

Bruce from the Official Announcement: "Update: 09.08.2016 - Let's Redesign the Farm!".

That is if nothing happens and it has to be delayed, cause sometimes these updates don't always go as planned.

Good luck.

**Edit**

I just wanted to edit my post and add this info as well about the discussion thread on the EN forum where info & questions are being posted in reference to the update that is scheduled for tomorrow.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/129512/update-aug-9th-lets-redesign-the-farm-discussion#latest
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will the test server start tomorrow?  What is its web address?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    The test server will not start tomorrow just yet :) More news on how to access it soon!
  • Quick question!

If the building is busy, or if the building has done producing but I have not harvest it yet, then I decide to go to Lay Out mode, then I decide that I want to store my busy building in the temporary storage area, will I lose my production?? Like, will I lose my eggs in the busy Chicken Coop? That make sense??
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Oh my goodness! It's exactly what we need, and the test server will most likely help those of us that are over-curious because we get to see what's coming up before it's implemented, and may actually have an effect on how it'll pan out!

I'd like to give some feedback on update info threads by the way:
    Thank you so much for posting them always very close to the updates. I very much appreciate also the threads that inform us that something is coming but will be announced at a later date: thus I never have to fear that the game is forgotten if no updates come for a longer while.
    I love the updates close to the actual patch day because it gives less time to be all anxious and hyped about it, I basically get to see what's coming and play it almost right away. ^-^

Thanks for all the hard work, keep it up, the game seems to be doing great and I'm having fun!
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    Concerning the test server for the new big things  very clear warning if you buy gold you will lose it you will lose farm and money as they will be wiping the server clean. How is this a good thing I am scared should I use my gold before I lose it  as the customer service here is non existent. I was looking forward to something new now I am unsure how to proceed maybe I should just stay away awhile as I dont think I want to be part of something that can make me lose everything.
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 08.08.2016
    Love the layout update if it works.  Last week I got so frustrated moving stuff on my farm, I just put it back the way it was.
    I think I will past on the test server,

TIP- take screenshots before any rearranging.
  • Latten,

Do we have a choice of playing on the test server tomorrow? 
    What might happen to our existing farm dollars and existing gold in our accounts? I understand buying gold tomorrow is not wise but is our existing $$/gold safe?

Thanks,
    Debbi (Chateau Busby)
  • Gloppity (US1)Gloppity (US1) Posts: 99
    edited 09.08.2016
    How exciting about the test server!!!  Can't wait - always loved doing beta testing  :)

awww man... just saw @Latten post that its not coming tomorrow :(  well will be looking for it - keep us updated!!! :)
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    What if we don't want to use the test server...do we have a choice because I don't want to lose my farm & all the hard work & gold I have put into it if GGS is just going to go & wipe everything on the new server.

Sorry I just don't understand all this...or is the new server something you will have to login onto like Au1 & then you start a new farm all over again.

As usual there is not enough information given
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    How is this a good thing I am scared should I use my gold before I lose it  as the customer service here is non existent. I was looking forward to something new now I am unsure how to proceed maybe I should just stay away awhile as I dont think I want to be part of something that can make me lose everything.
    The test server is completely separate to the current live servers, meaning that whatever you do on this test instance, stays on this test instance and has no effect whatsoever on your existing farm. 

It's like creating a new farm on another server - there is no connection between the two, apart from the user playing. ;)
    Do we have a choice of playing on the test server tomorrow? 
    What might happen to our existing farm dollars and existing gold in our accounts? I understand buying gold tomorrow is not wise but is our existing $$/gold safe?
    Buying gold for your farm is still fine, even after the update. 

We will be opening another server in the near future - a server solely installed for testing purposes. On this server, you will have a separate account - if you choose to participate. This account is completely independent from your existing account, changes applied to this farm have no effect on your existing environment, progress or gold count. 
    What if we don't want to use the test server...do we have a choice because I don't want to lose my farm & all the hard work & gold I have put into it if GGS is just going to go & wipe everything on the new server.
    Yeps, you can choose to participate or let the offer slide.
    We would appreciate if some of you took their time to test all the new things, though, and rest assured, your farm is safe, no matter your choice. 

- Steffi
  • Wow GGS doing gud work.. we are waiting for new update and test servers.......
  • "You can access your local inventory from the storage area as well, and can transfer decorations if needed."

Does it mean transferring decorations between our 3 farms?

• bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341

"You can access your local inventory from the storage area as well, and can transfer decorations if needed."

Does it mean transferring decorations between our 3 farms?

That is what I would like to know, as I would like to have themed farms if possible. 
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I'm thinking of volunteering Question will there be co-ops still but hopefully no CC if any current team mates volunteer would like to hook up with them .
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Thank you Nafaru
  • I'm thinking of volunteering Question will there be co-ops still but hopefully no CC if any current team mates volunteer would like to hook up with them .
    I was wondering the same thing.  I think it will be nice if there were coops in the test server so we can be with our team mates who will be participating in it.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    Is there any info on at what time the update will come or did it get delayed? ;o
    I'm wondering if it's smart to do missions or not since it seems like the update didn't hit yet - wouldn't want to time things badly and be midway through a mission when the servers go down. =3
  • Dharu_89 (IN1)Dharu_89 (IN1) Posts: 209
    edited 09.08.2016
    whats the expected time of update?
    And what are the updates expected today? 
    OR, is it over? I dont see anything different in my farm?

• CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 09.08.2016
    I don't believe we have been updated as the racing farmer is the same as early this a.m.  

I think the update is bug fixes and the introduction to redesigning the farm, plus the new racing season.

Post edited by CathyD (INT1) on
  • Anilla (DE1)Anilla (DE1) DE1 Posts: 3,058
    nafaru just wrote in the german forum, it will start after 4 pm
  • Does this mean that we play on two farms simultaneously?
Sign In to comment.