Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Upcoming Events

When will there be another event with hidden items around the farm?
Could we have more of these events?
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    We are aware you guys really like the "hidden items" events, we'll see if and what we'll do next with it :) 

If you have wishes or ideas of what you would really like to see, feel free to add it in this thread!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 06.07.2016
    I for one would love to see the more difficult in game games back like "Santa's List" - at least some more of these throughout the year. Now that was a nice challenge and brainteaser!! And what I loved most is that it proofed to be a good test of the cohesion and solidarity/togetherness within the coop. Great team building! And although we had 2 new members coming into the coop during those weeks, we still managed to finish the event in good order (by taking them by the hand and teach them).

The "hidden items" events are fun of course, wouldn't want to miss them (or rather: my granddaughter wouldn't) but they are very (a bit too) easy to do.... IMHO they may be more interspersed with some more fierce brainteasers (where we have to do some more real thinking, strategic planning, etc).

Thank you!  :)

EDIT: reading DuffyPoo's post hereafter, I have to add that I agree the "Santa's List" event fell - quite inconvenient - in the middle of the busiest month of the year and many, many players didn't have time to be that active on BF. And reading Scissor's post I have to agree with the fact that the second part of that event also puzzled me and my coop members....

But adjusted a bit accordingly all their remarks hereafter, I would certainly welcome more of those "more difficult" events throughout the year!! 
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on
  • I agree with Jiesta reagrding the more difficult events. The santa event was great for the 1st part where we had to work together and complete the lists & the coop as a whole got involved & enjoyed it. The 2nd part was a horrendous car crash, it had no connection with the 1st part at all & for a lot of people actually ruined the event as a whole, due to the utter confusion & unfairness. I would like to see that type of event again, without the weird 2nd part & also the chinese new year event had some interesting elements to it.
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I'd like to see something that falls between the hidden stuff on the farm (they are easy and only take a few minutes per day) and the Christmas event which ran a long time over the run-up to a holiday.  I can't hope to explain what I'm looking for here.

Finding fair flyers/recipes is just a matter of regular farming.  Ten days to find them all is pretty simple stuff, as is finding the hidden candies/mushrooms (even for old eyes like mine).  

I left a co-op over the Christmas event.  I was busy at that time, wasn't sure I'd be able to meet my "Santa's List" so didn't start it as I didn't want the filling of it to fall to others, or the possibility of making the whole team fail that week.  Because I chose not to start it, I was informed I was not a team player, it was unfair to the co-op, etc., etc..  Needless to say, *those* kind of things are not welcome to me.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557

I left a co-op over the Christmas event.  I was busy at that time, wasn't sure I'd be able to meet my "Santa's List" so didn't start it as I didn't want the filling of it to fall to others, or the possibility of making the whole team fail that week.  Because I chose not to start it, I was informed I was not a team player, it was unfair to the co-op, etc., etc..  Needless to say, *those* kind of things are not welcome to me.
    Sad to read this Duffy! 3 of our members couldn't be active for the Santa's List event either (because of holiday season duties) and that was alright - it was part of the strategy of the game to make the decision whether one would/could participate or not. They just stayed in the coop of course, supported the participants when on line, and were as welcome as always.  :)
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    CM Latten said:
    We are aware you guys really like the "hidden items" events (...)
    If you have wishes or ideas of what you would really like to see, feel free to add it in this thread!
    Oooh! Thanks! Yes yes.. I'd like to continue on food oriented themes like the previous mushrooms, eggs, and candies, so... something traditionally cultural... say...
    an italian theme - with tricoloured noodles dropped
    ...or...
    japanese theme - sticky riceballs or maki
    ..or..
    german themed - sausages hehehehe

• Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    I would like to see something where the co-op builds a farm machine using money earned by selling goods to buy parts for the machine. Any level member can help depending on level or farms they have.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 06.07.2016
    I enjoy the hidden objects for the most part. How about finding hidden calendar page with today's date somewhere on your farm every day. If you collect 7 days you get a weekly prize, collect a month and get a better prize, etc...

I am sure you all know how much I hated Satan's Wish list (pun intended), but here is my 2 cents worth on the Christmas Events:

First of all our coop really enjoyed finding Rudolf each day and opening the storybook. We loved building our snowmen!

I would not mind doing something along the lines of Satan's Wish list as long as it is a team-building type of event as opposed to team destroying
    • Players should not have to have full participation,
    • Players should not get kicked out or feel they have to leave the coop to help the team.
    • PLEASE don't make it too complicated and please give Clear in-game instructions (Rewards and consequences)
    • Don't do anything that takes a full month of intense log-in time to complete, over the time frame when people will not be able to contribute. If there were weekly events each with a reward, much better.
    • The snowballs or whatever it was that last week only contributing to the happiness of the top co-ops was a disaster, as Scissors said. 
    Last Christmas my two top deputies were away over the course of the event. We had several new members come in, and start orders they had no chance of finishing, thinking they were helping the team by contributing. We never came close, a few members out of 29 finished and we tried in vain to help the others. It was anything but team-building. Ended up (after spending millions of farm dollars) with a piece of junk decoration, and a sour taste in my mouth.  

The Chinese New Year event would have been worth doing if you didnt make the thing so huge and ugly. I honestly liked the way that event was designed, just hated the reward. 

Speaking of which, why not make some nicer rewards? I for one don't really want another deco. How about XP boosters or Horseshoe boosters or happiness Boosters? Hint NOT Catalyzers...

Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • Oooh! Thanks! Yes yes.. I'd like to continue on food oriented themes like the previous mushrooms, eggs, and candies, so... something traditionally cultural... say...
    an italian theme - with tricoloured noodles dropped
    ...or...
    japanese theme - sticky riceballs or maki
    ..or..
    german themed - sausages hehehehe

I like the idea about the food... !!!

For Canada themed - Maple syrup

To go with maple syrup is pancakes breakfast!

PANCAKES, PANCAKES PANCAKES!!!!!

Pancakes breakfast need Maple syrup, PANCAKES, sausage, and egg scramble.
    One of my thinking is click on cowshed will get picture of PANCAKES, pigsty will get sausage, chicken coop will get egg scramble.    ???? will get Maple syrup (the true answer is maple trees not cherry and apple orchard).

One of my thinking is Canada PANCAKES breakfast will be found in main farm and US themed will be search around the farm (not in farm). So that both countries will have wonderful holiday week (July 1st and 4th). I do not know US themed...
  • It is summer so we could collect fruits for big coctail deko :wink:
  • It would be nice to find hidden treasures on our farms
  • I really enjoyed the Chinese New Year event, I wish we could do it at least twice a year.  It was interesting and fun, with good reward.
  • amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    I second this  :)

It was interesting even though my reward was not the greatest and I had some mixed feelings about that fire monkey towards the end ... grrr ...

but a good event, all the same.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 17.07.2016
    I completed fire monkey, so I was very pleased with the reward 5x5 with 160 happiness.  But I also like that the more you were on the better the reward become.  But it did take a lot of play to complete.
  • There are 2 temp farm the same, tropical and Viking.  Does anyone know if there are plans to have another temp farm same as Candy?
  • wild_cat_keep (US1)wild_cat_keep (US1) Posts: 1,162
    edited 18.07.2016
    There are 4 temp farms in total. Tropical, Viking, Northern Light(similar as Viking) and Candy.

New temp farm did not announce for long time. Will new temp farm will be build? Who know.

From what I know GGS is working on feed back survey for a while...
    Post edited by wild_cat_keep (US1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file