Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Impromptu poll -- Co-op Challenge

I don't see where polls are now against TOS, but I also don't see where we can add a real one to a thread. We should improvise with this in mind. Keep in mind that this is in no way an attempt to gather support for boycotts or other actions by players and their co-ops. It is just an attempt to give GGS some real feedback on their misplaced notion that "more players like the new format than dislike it".

Please respond with one of the following poll choices and add your reasons for answering this way, if you have time: (Feel free to copy and paste your selection or just respond with a number)

1.) I really dislike the new co-op challenge format and I strongly believe that changes must be made for me to continue to participate;

2.) I love the new co-op format and will continue to play.

Note to mods: If this type of thread is now against TOS, please remove it.

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    2.) I love the new co-op format and will continue to play.

I like -
    The leagues and divisions - many more co-ops can strive to come first, or be promoted, or avoid relegation
    Being able to see the scores of adjacent co-ops - we know when a push is required and can all give extra
    I hate - 
    The prizes - they are rubbish, both the league prizes and the hardwork awards. They need to be at least as good as those for the Silo Event.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 16.04.2016

1.) I really dislike the new co-op challenge format and I strongly believe that changes must be made for me to continue to participate

The main reason is the wide difference in rewards between the leagues.  Small coops are not always newbie players, and the majority of us over level 100 really have no need for speedy feed and 1 sunflower seed. 

I also feel that the sale of rep points during the challenge is undermining all the hard work that non-gold buyers do to get up in the rankings.   

• coolC (GB1)coolC (GB1) GB1 Posts: 10
    1.) I really dislike the new co-op challenge format and I strongly believe that changes must be made for me to continue to participate. In fact, I will DEFINITELY not participate again.

The new changes to the challenge format has amplified the problem of excessive gold usage significantly.
    It has always been a pain, trying to use strategy and hard work against players who just throw huge amounts of gold at everything and just barrel over everyone.
    It is demoralizing to have to play like that and I, for one, see no point to it.

Furthermore, the complete lack of any response to the grievances a great many of us had brought up since the last challenge started (even just to acknowledge and recognise that these grievances exist), has left me very disillusioned.

After 17 months of logging onto this game every single day, and 134 levels, I am very seriously contemplating just walking away.

• Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555

2.) I love the new co-op format and will continue to play... if changes are made to the current format.

- Prizes need to be upgraded to real prizes.

- Buying reputation points shouldn't exist in a competition. (boosters are there, why add insult to injury?)

- Gold league expectations should be tweaked to a more achievable amount of reputation points

- The CC Wheel needs to be removed (again, buying reputation points)

I did like the divisions, the ability to win in each division, the ability to see score of co-op above and below your co-op, the ability to be promoted or demoted

• I was hoping that GGS would implement a token system that would allow members of weaker co-ops to save up for a good prize. I was disappointed that GGS didn't do this.  It's kind of a moot point now, though, as there are no longer any prizes worth saving up for.

• Ariel_9 (RO1)Ariel_9 (RO1) Posts: 80
    edited 16.04.2016
    1.)
    I really dislike the new co-op challenge format and I strongly believe that changes must be made for me to continue to participate.

The strategy is no longer important during missions, either long-term strategy in building your farm to compete with higher chances, or just during the missions, paying attention to the competitors and trying to collect in the last seconds a.o. - now it is only important how much gold are you willing to spend. Which it is still acceptable, as the points are gained during a mission. The same with the 250% bonus of rep. pts. - missions must be done to win points.
    However, the sale of reputation points during the event, in its various forms, is the most disappointing and frustrating aspect since it is so unfair.
    Why don't they change the format of the event  and make it an auction for the 1st prize, which co-op pays the most wins? 

Other cons are: 
    -the prizes - in the past, we were happy to win some decorations for our lower level colleagues and other useful stuff -for the last challenge most of them seemed worthless 
    -the lack of the ranking display inside the co-op, as well as the absent scores of the other co-ops at the end
    -way too many bugs and consequently hotfixes occurring during missions

There is something positive: no more solo missions.

P.S. I am a lev. 198, and was medium gold user/buyer player.

Post edited by Ariel_9 (RO1) on
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    2) I certainly don't love the new CC, but I will continue playing it.
    Mind you without gold though. (I stopped gold purchases since late last year, my personal boycott against many changes, and hey ho, farming has become much more relaxed since then)

Good points:
    - no more solo missions
    - mission-start in general popped up much much faster with a larger number of people as opponents.

Bad points:
    - Too low-rate certificates - I use the tractors a lot, and suddenly am struggling to keep them running
    - the new hard-work prizes are terribly measly compared to previous batch that included decs such as the blue tractor, 
    -the prizes - in the past, we were happy to win some decorations for our lower level colleagues and other useful stuff -for the last challenge most of them seemed worthless 
    Couldn't have phrased it better! 
    Won't mention RP, i personally have stopped caring 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    1)  Measly rewards and reputation point buying overload is my issue with the coop challenge. Hot deals ran pretty much all day every day during the challenge and the CC wheel of fortune appeared on numerous occasions. Any form of competition where you can basically buy victories is an AUCTION as far as i'm concerned.

A big thumbs up to the coops that played mission after mission and earned their placings. This CC will be nothing but a flop as long as rep points can be bought because it undermines the whole concept of "competition".
  • Aphreal (GB1)Aphreal (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    1.) I really dislike the new co-op challenge format and I strongly believe that changes must be made for me to continue to participate;

Was not a great fan of CC to start with, but played to help lower leveled coop members gain a few needed extra decors. Now there is nothing worth playing for the rewards can be produced much easier and much quicker yourself.

As to the *buying* of RP as has been said before its no longer a competition but who can throw the most money at it.

Any further participation on my part will only occur when both of the above points have been rectified.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554

1.) I really dislike the new co-op challenge format and I strongly believe that changes must be made 

I have never really enjoyed the coop challenge, and was cautiously optimistic that GGS was going to make it more fair for everyone with the new and improved CC this time. EPIC FAIL. The changes that GGS implemented did not address fairness, instead only widened the fairness gap. The Hardwork 'Rewards' were a slap in the face (wet pig feed? special corn seeds? Get serious!). The matching of players was ridiculous, (Level 7 newbie competing against level 147 veteran?). The only positive thing about the new format was that I had no solo missions.

I play missions all the time without using gold, without boosters and without buying reputation points. I play missions based on the merits of my farms and my strategy. I win some, lose some and earn some rep points and certificates. I play the Coop Challenge the same way, and will continue to play missions this way regardless of whether the CC is on or not.

I have been playing the game for over 2 years, I am at level 186. As a previous gold buyer who loved this game, I have only bought gold once in the last 1.5 years (a very small amount, to finish off a coop project).

This game started off as a game of strategy: Slowly build a nice balanced farm, and you would eventually be able to afford more and have a better farm and move up in the ranks, etc. I have seen many changes to the game I loved over the years, a lot of them not positive changes. The game has devolved into a slot-machine, get-rich-quick scheme, that no longer values long-term strategy or loyalty to it's customers.This Coop Challenge is just the latest example of this.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    I neither like nor dislike the new CC.

I think there are good and bad points about the CC in general. As a good point of the new format, I like the idea of the leagues, but I dislike pretty much the rest. During this CC I noticed that it didn't brought up the coop together except for the frustration when playing missions, struggling to get few points just because the top people were getting insane amount of goods. It was uterely disappointing to play for so many hours for few reputation points and not useful rewards whatsoever. Maybe basing the CC in missions is not a good idea. I would like to see team spirit in the CC and I do not see it. I saw a lot of team spirit all Sunday's during the Santa Event and maybe the CC should be based in that kind of cooperation.

As has been said, the chance to buy reputation points is, to put in a nice way, very frustrating for those that have been playing missions non-stop. If in general the ammount of reputation points to reach it is too hard for the coops, the shouldn't be a way to buy reputation point but instead the ammount of reputation points should be lowered.

As it has been also said, the hardwork rewards are not worthy. The nicest hw rewards I have seen in the whole game are those of George's funnel event. It would be nice if they hw rewards of the CC could be improved.

I agree with the rest that the top prize for each league is disappointing. It would be great if it could be changed. I read in some posts the idea of getting coop tokens and then being able to exchange those for prizes such as the old coop orchards and new prizes.

And lastly, I think the CC wheel of fortune should offer rewards worth for the whole CC as well as the player spending the tokens. Getting reputation points in my opinion is not good: at first it may be seen as helping the coop, but it is also competing against the own members of the coop which doesn't help to bring the coop together. I think the rewards that could offer for the individual are similar to the normal wheel of fortune but with a twist for with coop: collectibles, decos, flags, some special coop stable or orchard, experience points, farm dollars, gold/gold mining license, ... and at the same time for example each 8 spin if the user earns some cash/gold, the coop account could gain the same amount, if the player gains experience points, for example the coop could gain coop points.
  • CM LattenCM Latten Posts: 542
    Yay, ama made just the thread I need :)
    I'm currently summarizing the problems everyone had with the HW rewards from this, the announcement discussion and other threads, and if you want to help, feel free to add a few, quick, examples of cases you didn't really like, and why that is the case :)

..there is so many things to say, but of all of them the best one is
    - how is possible ,in first 2 seconds of mission, to have 60 000 pig's out of 2 pigsties that are not even on their highest lvl ?

that is just one thing, and there are som many alike ,and even more terrible ..... But I don't have so much time to write them all , because ...well,nobody will do anything about it.. :(
  • In the old CC, there was nothing wrong with the HW rewards or the amount of RP needed to get them all. There were decos and stuff that helped our lower level players & we always ended in the top 10 and got the cherry orchard as well as the HW rewards. The only issue we had was that we did not need so many cherry orchards & we never stood a chance of getting the apple orchard, so just being able to trade in several cherry for an apple orchard would have been a good solution.

Now we came 4th in the gold league, the HW rewards were mostly out of our reach, so we no longer got 50 rewards, there is no top 10 reward anymore so we got no cherry orchard, no one got an apple orchard so we will never get them now & the rewards we did get are not worth the effort needed to win them.

Also ALL wet feed should be removed, both from any HW rewards & from the WoF, that is not a reward, we can make it in a few minutes if we needed it (which we don`t) because its pretty useless imo & having won a ton of the stuff on the WoF I had to dump it all as soon as I got a feed mission.

Finally bring back the end of event rankings. We no longer get to see the final scores for all coops & we don`t get to see our members final scores at all.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 21.04.2016
    What I'd like to see changed:
    • Remove Buying of Reputation in any form (Wheel of Fortune, Gold offers, Boosters). How about we actually earn Reputation by doing missions? I know I am barking up the wrong tree with this one, but this is my biggest complaint LOL.
    • Hard work prizes that I can actually use, and that will increase my Coop's desire to pull together and participate (Hint: speedy feed, regular feed, dung & leaves are not prizes!)
    • Better matching of Players (no level 7 playing against level147). Perhaps match players based on their coop's league,as it is obvious that those in Rookie or Bronze Leagues are not forking out massive amounts of Gold.
    EDIT to add:
    Could I also ask that the frequency of speedy seeds missions be reduced? Seems I would just finish alfalfa then get rutabagas then a few missions later get them again. I mean, you end up having to sell off most of what you make, even after making speedy feed.

Post edited by MRG1 (US1) on
  • Better matching of Players (no level 7 playing against level147). Perhaps match players based on their coop's league,as it is obvious that those in Rookie or Bronze Leagues are not forking out massive amounts of Gold.
    I really like that missions now start faster.  I hope we don't lose that.

If any matching is done, though, I think it would be best to base it solely on player level, and to clearly announce what player levels are grouped together.  There will always be complaints, but people will complain a lot less if the matching rules are clear, and everyone can see that they are being matched according to those rules.

And matching by player level will eliminate the problem of players having to sandbag between challenges in order to get easy mission opponents during the challenge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file