Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Forum Contest: Let's get creative!

Hey everyone! For this contest you will get to be creative and come up with a new type of contest! All you need to do is describe your contest idea that you would like to see us run. The most creative entries will win and we will run your new contest idea in future contests! Please click "like" on the contests you think would be fun and like to play.

The chosen entries will be ran as future contests! Prizes including gold and a community bonfire may be awarded, depending on how much you impress us.

Please post your entries in this thread. You may submit more than one entry but you can only be eligible to win once. If you have more than one idea, please put the ideas in different posts. This contest will end Tuesday @ 13:00 CET

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.04.2016
       My contest idea is for players to suggest a name for the red-eyed cave creature that dwells in caves on every temporary farm. The poor thing deserves a name. The player who comes up with the best name for the beastie gets a prize! With other prizes for the runner's up, naturally.  :)

Monster_zpsljd14eqypng

• change (INT1)change (INT1) Posts: 50
    edited 08.04.2016
    My idea for contest would be : 
    Connect a person to event that it represent
    Something like...

a) Omar                        a) Wheel of fortune
    b) Rita                           b) Big farm deal
    c) ....                              c) .....
    d)....                               d)..........

And for later contest's of connecting 

Connect animal with their house ...

a) Pig                           a) cowshed
    b) cow                          b) chicken coop

Connect feed with animal that eats it :smile: 

a) cow                          a) rutabaga
    b) pig                            b) wheat
    c) goat                          c) barely 

( on this one could be multiple answers because of speedy cow/pig feed)

And may the fastest answer be the winner :)
  • My second idea for contest would be...

A Big farm quizz!

It would be like a classical quiz, offcourse , with question's about Big farm.

Something like this:

1. How many spins on Wheel of fortune is necessary to make one whole circle ?
    2. How long would take a mill on level 5 to do 100 of cow feed?
    3. After how many hours does the bout comes around again?
    4. How much time does the Apiary needs to finis 5 waxe's and and 47 honey's? ( you see,it's tricky )

Offcourse,most of these question's can be checked , but depend's on how fast ,and correct, are the answers .
  • My third idea for contest (and the toughest on my opinion) would be ..

Big farm Sudoku 

It would be a sudoku game, but instead of numbers ,it would be with the animals that represent the numbers.
    So, numbered ( for example)
    1.cow
    2.chicken
    3.pig

And instead of picture of sudoku with numbers , there would be a picture of sudoku with animals. A real brain- breaker! :) 
  • My forth idea for contest would be...

Black'n'white farm! 

There would be a few pictures colored in black and white. And we would have to guess what is on the picture.
    So, there could be :
    - cowshed, but from level 1-8, 
    - house , also depending on levels,also tropical houses or Viking houses :)
    - dog house 
    ..etc....

• My fifth idea would be...

Big farm Labyrinth!

There would be a picture of labyrinth, on one end ther would be ( Tessa, George..) on the other end of labyrinth there would be ( sick piggies, silos..) - find a way from ( for example) Tessa to sick little piggies.
    We could take the picture of labyrinth on our computer and fulfill the way from Tessa to sick little piggies! :D 

• I made this jumble puzzle today, and there is an actual solution. Have fun playing, and please like the post if you would like more puzzles like this. :)
  • Tropical Island Farm Crossword Puzzle

• Deco Tower Open House

The Big Farm characters have decided to have a special Deco Tower celebration. They plan to serve refreshments and show off their favorite decorations. Based upon their preferences (above their heads), they will stand in pairs on certain levels of the Deco Tower. Who will stand with who, and on which floors?

The answer should be given in the format "Floor: character & character"

Example: Floor 5: Nils & Greta

• Name that Person!
    This is simple, but can be hard! 

Have a picture of a big farm person or give clues, and have players guess who it is. 

EX:
    Helps races your horses

(answer: Rose)
  • UserRishi (IN1)UserRishi (IN1) Posts: 122
    edited 10.04.2016
    My idea is to take 3 pictures of Farm and hide them on all Three farms (1 farm 1 picture) and make a grid and then tell them to find and give grid wise answers to the list
    Post edited by UserRishi (IN1) on
  • I think a simple word find puzzle would be fun, except you don't give out the words in the puzzle,instead you need to find all the words and most words found wins.
  • I have got an idea of a new contest: A competition to make an impressive symbol related to big farm for gold and they need to draw the coin with a symbol. The coolest, neatest and most impressive will win.
  • edited 10.04.2016
    Contest: Big Farm in REAL LIFE
    Hi Guys, 
    Take a picture of your farm buildings in front of something in the real world that reminds you of something in Big Farm. It can be cowsheds, pigstys, etc. anything which is closely matched or reminds you of Big Farm.
    Note: Crazy guitarists with hair like Johnny Apple, or a man putting smoking pipe like Capt. Barnacle, etc can be included. (^_^)

Rules:-
    Keep it family friendly, of course. 
    Judging will be done by our moderaters :smiley: 
    The contest is of Bigfarm in real life so the only pictures that will be eligible have to be taken by you...they have to include either your buildings.

The picture is given above for the Guidance :wink: 

Post edited by anvesh.pathak (IN1) on
  • Contest : Make a Rhyme.
    Farmers can make a rhyme on about on of the decoration listed below:-

1. Tea Garden
    2. Traditional Tiki
    3. Mystic Stone Dragon
    4. Henrietta the Chicken
    5. Twinkling Snowman

Let's see how creative our Big Farmers are, Now to keep things short and sweet, a rhyme can only be of max. 120 characters.
    You can only choose one decoration for your contest, 
    Let's go to it!

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 09.04.2016

Most people like the events where you find stuff on your farm, so how about a Big Farm Scavenger Hunt?

Make it a month contest, everyday have a different item to find based on todays clue.

For example the clue might be a rhyme or a riddle like this: 
    "No matter how much corn you sow, without this item your trees wont grow" (Answer:Fertilizer) 
    So outside the farm environment you would need to find a bag of fertilizer.
  • raj0007 (IN1)raj0007 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 5
    START BEAUTIFULLY DECORATED FARM CONTEST
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    "Spot the errors" contest.

Given an image of a modified farm players should find the errors within the image. For example a cat in the dog house or a citrus tree in the olive orchard or a penguin in the chicken coop. The possible versions of this could be:
     - Players should give the number of errors found in the image.
     - Players should provide the list of errors.
     - If the image is divided in a grid, players should list the pairs of the error description and the grid reference where the error can be found.
    "Farm mastermind"

A version of mastermind in which instead of having colored pegs you have farm products. The idea would be to give a series of rows with different farm products and the standard mastermind answer for each row so that the final solution could be deduced but not easily visible. Players should provide the correct solution.

Example of a row could be:

cow - chicken - corn - dandelion - apple ; 2 right product right position, 2 right color wrong position, 1 wrong product
    "Where is...?"

A Big Farm version of where is Wally, but instead of searching for Wally, players search for Big Farm characters (number and name unknown) in a busy farm image. Moreover, the characters have lost an item and players need to find them. So it is a double search game: first search for a character and then find their lost item. Players should provide the character name and their grid reference plus their lost item name with its grid reference. For example:

Eva in F4 can find her lost apple in B1 (for once she didn't lost the bees!)

Other examples of lost items are George's hat, Lana's turtle or Miss Tentacle's spyglass
  •                                                         THE BEST FARM OF BIG FARM

My idea is to have a contest judging the best farm in Big Farm. It includes the perfect blend of all production buildings, houses and decorations. The players will have to take a screen shot of their farm and post it. The farms would be judged on various parameters such as the competence of farms in various events and missions. Along with their production capabilities they would also be judged on the placement of various buildings and decors; in other words the beautifulness of the farm. There should be a set amount of least happiness of every farm so that the contestants just don’t put production buildings neglecting the decorations. 

If you want this contest to come up as a forum contest please like this post.

"Who ate that?"

Somebody has been sneaking in the bakery and stealing one of its goods. The goods cannot be found so somebody has eaten them. Where can you find the crumbs that will lead to the perpetrator?
     The list of perpetrators, baked goods and the places are provided. This is a version of cluedo that doesn't require any skills, just luck. Each player will provide a possible answer which contains the who, what and where. For example:

Lester ate the fruit cake with cream while he sneaked into the barn.
    edited 10.04.2016
    I got another exciting idea for Contest.
    Tell the Players to make a new decoration for Big farm Game and the best 5 decoration will be the winners and their Decoration will be added to Game.

Please press like button if you like it 

edited 10.04.2016
    I also have another idea
    Tell the players to give idea for new Game Features such as New Events, New Characters etc and the 3 winner's ideas will be applied to the game.

Please press like button if you like it
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 11.04.2016
    Who can go the longest without spending ANY gold contest. GGS will absolutely LOVE this idea if it gets the most likes.... VOTE for it peoples! ;)

Edit: My 500th post just had to roll this way! And FWIW, I think John's name the cave monster thing is money.
  • CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod)CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 845
    edited 19.05.2016
    Thanks to everyone for participating and for all your great ideas! :)

Congrats to the winners! Each winner will receive a community bonfire and 1,000 gold!
    farmerjohn 22 (US1) - Name the Monster
    change (INT1) - Big Farm Sudoku
    AlabasterGamer (US1) - Deco Tower Open House
    greatbay (US1) - Word find puzzle
    anvesh.pathak (IN1) - Big Farm in real life
    mia111 (GB1) - Spot the errors

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 12.04.2016
                   Thank you to everyone who "Liked" my idea! :) A Community Bonfire! And 1000 gold! Whoo hoo! Happy smileys

• Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    Congratulations to all the winners!!!
  • Thanks for voting for my contest ideas!

It was fun to have the opportunity to contribute some ideas, and to read all the great suggestions in this thread.

Many thanks to CuddlyFoxes and all you awesome forum folks!  :)  Bonfire party at my farm. BYO stick for marshmallow roasting!
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    Congrats to all the winners!! Great ideas! :)

Thank you to everyone who "Liked" my idea! :) A Community Bonfire! And 1000 gold! Whoo hoo! Happy smileys

Party at your farm tonight!! :D 
This discussion has been closed.