Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Updates March 22nd & 31st - The new Coop Challenge Discussion

Comments

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340

Rather than complaining, I would recommend doing what it takes to build your farms and get into the higher leagues, just like everyone else did.  None of us started out at the top.

You're kidding, right? It has nothing to do with building up your farms. It only depends on buying and spending gold. My farm is pretty well built-up, and I am often beaten by smaller farms who use gold. Since I don't use gold or boosters, we will always remain in the lower leagues.
    He must be kidding, my farm is pretty built, in gold league...it seems to be called "gold" league for more than 1 reason too. Personally I would rather put the gold in my farm that every mission that pops up.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    I would still like to see 2 separate Co op Challenges. 1 for the Gold spenders and 1 for the non Gold spenders. Then and only then are we actually going to be able to compete farm against farm, player against player. Seems like a win win in my books. The GGS still get their Gold sold from the Gold spenders buying. We as players get the chance to compete against other players and farms rather than against deep pockets.

This is an excellent idea Data King. It would be good for everyone. Hear Hear!! :)

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I would still like to see 2 separate Co op Challenges. 1 for the Gold spenders and 1 for the non Gold spenders. Then and only then are we actually going to be able to compete farm against farm, player against player. Seems like a win win in my books. The GGS still get their Gold sold from the Gold spenders buying. We as players get the chance to compete against other players and farms rather than against deep pockets.

This is an excellent idea Data King. It would be good for everyone. Hear Hear!! :)

I also like that idea. Its very bad in the AU server this time around with gold been thrown around in obscene quantities. Its about 10 to 20 players doing it but its spoiling missions for everyone else. Examples of totals are 40,000 feed, 50,000 eggs, 25,000 corn.....whats the point? Win a red tree for a month and 2 GMLS when you have spent much much more gold to even win that prize.

I'm getting frustrated messages from players in my missions that are not even part of my group and I have to say I agree with them. Separate gold from non gold or limit the amount of gold that is allowed to be used per mission and we might get some strategy again rather than the pointless buy buy buy attitude of the rank obsessed few.
  • timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 03.04.2016

Rather than complaining, I would recommend doing what it takes to build your farms and get into the higher leagues, just like everyone else did.  None of us started out at the top.

You're kidding, right? It has nothing to do with building up your farms. It only depends on buying and spending gold. My farm is pretty well built-up, and I am often beaten by smaller farms who use gold. Since I don't use gold or boosters, we will always remain in the lower leagues.

Gold is a legitimate tool in this game and part of the strategy.  Always has been, so what's new? 
    Post edited by timvalen (US1) on
  • Gardenfairy (GB1)Gardenfairy (GB1) Posts: 264
    edited 04.04.2016
    Something seems to changed: the last 4 missions or so our co-op members got matched up with similar level players, even if some of the missions run with fewer people. Hope it's not just pure luck...

** my mistake, back again with [Name removed] and her 21000 corn under 10 mins :)

Reached the last hard work reward. Not even half way through the game. Not much to look forward to now. And the other coops below us are very close too.

[Posts merged | Wabbit]
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    Then be happy and good luck for the remaining time!
    edited 03.04.2016
    Then be happy and good luck for the remaining time!
    I'm not bragging, Ana. Just pointing out if the co-ops can reach the last hardwork reward not even half way through the game (especially rewards like we got in the rookie) it's not very well designed. As I wrote before, I wish the rewards were better even if it's more difficult to get them, because it's much more motivating.

I think even very low level / non competitive co-ops would prefer if they get less rewards but let's say seaweed stuff or collectibles or other useful items rather than plenty of wet feed and ordinary feed. Just my thoughts.
    Post edited by Gardenfairy (GB1) on
  • Ros7 (US1)Ros7 (US1) Posts: 202

Gold is a legitimate tool in this game and part of the strategy.  Always has been, so what's new? 
    "Gold is a legitimate tool in this game and part of the strategy...." Yes Timvalen, you are right is not a new, but is not fair anyway....the game is not fair at all in many things either, for example also in the horses....how you can explain "the strategy" here? you see normal that having a horse level 20 as is my case sometimes i gain against horses level 50 or more and i loss against levels 10 or less ?? where is the strategy here? this is a real prove that in the horses competition they use this in aleatory way and no other way...so if this is a business for them and they want to make happy to the players that buy gold then make the game act according this too, I know players that buy gold as crazy and they have the same problem with their horses too. So i dont see the "good tool" here....
    And about your other comment:"Rather than complaining, I would recommend doing what it takes to build your farms and get into the higher leagues, just like everyone else did.  None of us started out at the top. " I only can say : your comment is total out of place. Here the people have right to complain and many players dont even waste the time complaining cause they dont care, they only care about the money  they can take from you and the rest of the players... is a pitty cause the game is nice and if we are playing here is cause we like the game even when we see this is not fair, the produc they are selling us is attractive but what is not good is they use the players for make money without even be concerned if we are happy with the product or not...the big and real  companies act different than this thave them clients happy ....and if they want to make the game only for players that buy gold then dont give the options to play for free, just make it exclusive for "gold players" and members that want pay for play...this is not the scent of competition, I like the people that use effort to play and dont "waste real money in vain" where is the fun there?
    One thing i am sure, i wont pay to play a game...this maybe is a strategy for some people but is not the way i like to play. and not for this I have not rights for complain, no?
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 04.04.2016
    Something seems to changed: the last 4 missions or so our co-op members got matched up with similar level players, even if some of the missions run with fewer people. Hope it's not just pure luck...

** my mistake, back again with [Name removed] and her 21000 corn under 10 mins :)
    I know exactly what you mean - I played against her in a pig mission, she collected just under 50,000 and I got 784.  It was such a close run thing, thought I might get my nose in front at one point  :)
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    edited 03.04.2016
    I know exactly what you mean - I played against her in a pig mission, she collected just under 50,000 and I got 784 lol.  It was such a close run thing, thought I might get my nose in front at one point lol :)
    Now if I'm with her I'll deliberately wait to the near end of the count down to find and other mission and hope for better luck :smiley: 
  • This coop challenge was supposed to be altered to make it more even playing field.
    I am in bronze league so how come I am constantly playing coops from gold league.

Only thing wrong with old cc was solo missions - this one is just con to implement increases in cost, lower prize levels and make it not worth doing.

• timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 03.04.2016

"Gold is a legitimate tool in this game and part of the strategy...." Yes Timvalen, you are right is not a new, but is not fair anyway....the game is not fair at all in many things either, for example also in the horses....how you can explain "the strategy" here? you see normal that having a horse level 20 as is my case sometimes i gain against horses level 50 or more and i loss against levels 10 or less ?? where is the strategy here? this is a real prove that in the horses competition they use this in aleatory way and no other way...so if this is a business for them and they want to make happy to the players that buy gold then make the game act according this too, I know players that buy gold as crazy and they have the same problem with their horses too. So i dont see the "good tool" here....
    And about your other comment:"Rather than complaining, I would recommend doing what it takes to build your farms and get into the higher leagues, just like everyone else did.  None of us started out at the top. " I only can say : your comment is total out of place. Here the people have right to complain and many players dont even waste the time complaining cause they dont care,...

Ok, I take back the "I would recommend..." comment.  I missed the mark and didn't make my point properly. I just don't understand how fairness weighs in on competition.  I do the best I can and try to have fun. When I win I win, when I loose, I loose.

You mentioned the horses, is it fair?  No, but it doesn't stop me from improving my horse. Sooner or later, I will begin to win more times than I loose. I will go from loosing most of the time, to winning most of the time.  Same with my farm and missions.  I have gone from loosing most of the time, to winning most of the time. If you get to the point where you win most of the time, well, that's a good thing.

Ok, I take back the "I would recommend..." comment.  I missed the mark and didn't make my point properly. I just don't understand how fairness weighs in on competition.  I do the best I can and try to have fun. When I win I win, when I loose, I loose.

You mentioned the horses, is it fair?  No, but it doesn't stop me from improving my horse. Sooner or later, I will begin to win more times than I loose. I will go from loosing most of the time, to winning most of the time.  Same with my farm and missions.  I have gone from loosing most of the time, to winning most of the time. If you get to the point where you win most of the time, well, that's a good thing.
    I am agree with you now, anyway I think that the players who buy gold should be in a different league then, as a special Golden league, then the game will be fair for everyone, no one will play with more advantages than others, for me this is the point.
    I do the best I can too and I have fun without doubts in the game, I love this game, but many times "some things" piss me off too, specially when i see unfair things in the game, and this makes me feel dont wanna play but I do anyway, I am not talking about win or loose, cause this is part of the game and this is healthy competition too, I am talking about unfair things, just that :)
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    @timvalen (US1)  said:
    Ok, I take back the "I would recommend..." comment.  I missed the mark and didn't make my point properly. I just don't understand how fairness weighs in on competition.  I do the best I can and try to have fun. When I win I win, when I loose, I loose. 

This is the whole problem. GGS doesn't understand about fairness either. Any competition that can essentially be bought using gold (Reputation, Boosters, etc) is not a competition, It is an auction.
    Spending a little gold to speed up a stable or two or to quick harvest a field is no big deal. (Although competing against a player that just finished with 34,968 feed in 30 minutes is ludicrous) but being able to buy reputation is just insulting in a so-called 'competition'. 
  • So we are divided into leagues now.  With more variables in the mission types.  All that sounds great......Except the rewards are horrid and since it is now harder to prepare for the mission because it is less predictable, more players are using more gold.  This entire "rework" has actually made it HARDER for players that do not use gold.  Why can we not have "Leagues" that do not allow gold use?  and why was I in a "Rookie" league mission with a "Gold" league player using tons of gold.  The gold league player produced 43K units of milk in 30 minutes with 6 cow sheds and 4 goat pens.  Something is wrong with this........ This is not fun anymore.   Always coming in 5th or 6th place because I do not use gold is discouraging. If it was not for the great farmers in my coop, I would have quit playing the cooperative challenge ages ago.
  • To have separate challenges for gold and non gold will never work because many coops are made from a mix of gold and non gold players.  To grow a coop to the max benefit you have to have gold, there are some researches that can't be done without gold.  So how do you divide it and still have it a coop challenge?  The hard work event is individual but the challenge is a group event. 

edited 03.04.2016
    Let's just scrap the coop 'Challenge' and it can be then called the Coop 'Auction'

or

How about a Challenge without Boosters & buying Reputation for those who don't want to use excessive gold, and an Auction for those who want to waste their money? Coop chooses which they want before it starts.
  • Oh, so a few people have sent me IGM to my farm stating that I DO use gold.  I have blue houses and have purchased books in the library, have upgraded my tractors etc.  To them I say, "Yes, I have"   These things make my farm more productive at all times, not just for the competition.  But I do not push harvests during competition.  How much I can produce should not depend on how fast I can spend gold in 30 minutes.

How about this??  Have a league that if you do push a harvest, you are penalized 40% of the earned rep points.  You may win, but you will have to work 40% harder to get the same reward.
  • apple3 (US1)apple3 (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    :/ I really don't like the new missions. It makes it harder to compete for those of us who don't use gold to skip, and we should be playing against opponents in our own divisions. I hope GGS will re-think the co-op challenges, but I do like being separated into different divisions.
    I suggested on the en forum they should have a Coop Championship for those coops that don't want to buy Reputation or Boosters, and a separate Coop Auction for those that want to waste their money on this farce of an event. Let each coop choose before it starts.
  • I called it early this co op challenge epic FAIL

Our co op is in silver this time and going to gold next time

But never again will our co op play

Top prizes not even worth playing for.  At least  the Apple orchard was worth play for.  Who wants another Deco, and who want more worthless horse shoes.  This is another gold grabbing attempt by GGS but feel it is going to back fire big timew.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    edited 04.04.2016
    On the whole, I like the new format. But....;)
    *Hard Work prizes need to be improved across the board.  Normal feed and speedy feed is NOT a prize.
    *Please show players' league in the Mission window - pehaps by color-coding the lines.  This way we can see players in our own leagues (they're the ones we have to beat).
    *I am not in the Gold League this time, so am not really affected, but the Hard Work point requirement should be adjusted downwards: 50-65 million (if prizes are improved) or back to the original 32 million (if no improvements are made to the prizes). 

Forgot one

*Co op Cash Boosters need to come down in price.  We've been using a pretty moderate percentage, but it's difficult to maintain for the entire Challenge

Posts Merged | Cuddly

Post edited by CuddlyFoxes (FormerMod) on
    I suggested on the en forum they should have a Coop Championship for those coops that don't want to buy Reputation or Boosters, and a separate Coop Auction for those that want to waste their money on this farce of an event. Let each coop choose before it starts.
    Yes i was talking about the same today in another discussion too, i am total agree.
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    @mira
    Let's just scrap the coop 'Challenge' and it can be then called the Coop 'Auction'

I was actually thinking the same thing. This is an auction. :) Give a worthless item on sale, and people bid to show that they can afford to buy that useless piece of crap. :):):)

Where oh where has game play gone? If there was not moral issues involved this whole maddness would just put a big fat smile on my face. :):):)
  • Regarding the supposedly New and Improved Co-op Championship there are many problems.  My co-op is in the Silver League and we have various level players.  The game was supposed to put players with appropriate levels of competition but it has not.  My missions have consistantly included players at way lower levels than me and they have been discouraged and I don't blame them.  I have received messages from those I have played and players within my own co-op that they had really been looking forward to this new and improved championship only to be frustrated, discouraged and consider this new championship to be a total failure.  After a couple of missions the game should have corrected itself but it has not.  What a shame!  All those enthusiastic players just find themselves unable to compete.  No fun for most!    Will it get better?   I hope so! :/    Scarlet Howl 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 04.04.2016
    :/ I really don't like the new missions. It makes it harder to compete for those of us who don't use gold to skip, and we should be playing against opponents in our own divisions. I hope GGS will re-think the co-op challenges, but I do like being separated into different divisions.
    This makes perfect sense. Mix the divisions and leagues while in missions. The lower leagues have co-ops in the top 3 of their league so put them in missions with the higher leagues to force pushing and they remain in the top of their league. With the old CC, some teams didn't stand a chance to place in the top so they weren't golding to try. This is a win for GGS, not so much for the players.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    This is the whole problem. GGS doesn't understand about fairness either. Any competition that can essentially be bought using gold (Reputation, Boosters, etc) is not a competition, It is an auction.
    Spending a little gold to speed up a stable or two or to quick harvest a field is no big deal. (Although competing against a player that just finished with 34,968 feed in 30 minutes is ludicrous) but being able to buy reputation is just insulting in a so-called 'competition'. 
    It was stated the first time the hot deal showed its ugly face long ago. It was not fair to have coops work hard to get rep points during missions and find out that other coops zoomed up to the top 5 by just purchasing gold and getting hot deals packed with rep points.

Did we ask for it to go away? Yep. Did GGS get rid of it? Sort of. They changed it to be less in your face and the hot deal showed up less frequently. 

We all said it was stated that the championship was introduced as a challenge where coops would earn rep points DURING missions. Those points earned in that manner would be used to rank the coops so that a winner would be declared. By being able to buy several thousand or million rep points with gold purchases was a slap in the face to those coops trying their best to win during missions.

So then what did they change about the hot deal? They made it so that if you bought gold, you got % increases to your rep points earned during missions.

Now, we have a wheel of fortune that offers rep points if you use tokens. Hi, we were peeved about the rep points purchased with hot deals, and now we have points on the WOF? Ok so I'm being picky now. Sorry.

Here is the problem. I have people in my coop that are SO frustrated by how fast we dropped in the rankings once these hot deals showed up. A person that has been doing missions non-stop now sees that our hard work means nothing. The top three coops in Silver are likely taking advantage of these hot deals. We're not motivated to do the same. But yet, the hard worker rewards are pitiful. What is there really to work towards? I can easily max out making special pig and cow feed, I don't need them as rewards :( 

Sorry, but this isn't much of a change. It's a gold grab. Lester too. I am finding less and less to enjoy about this game. It's too much work, and it never should of been. I was a gold buyer but I'm done. Not interested in seeing how having balanced farms mean nothing in the grand scheme of all these updates.
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555

I was going to respond to someone here, but I cant seem to "quote" someone. I know wrong place to ask, but I hit quote button and nothing happens... someone fill me in on how to quote? please & thank you

• @Sukiyaki (US1)   You have to go to their post and hit the quote icon there.  I want to quote you, so

I was going to respond to someone here, but I cant seem to "quote" someone. I know wrong place to ask, but I hit quote button and nothing happens... someone fill me in on how to quote? please & thank you

I just did it by hitting the quote under your post. :)
  • whats the point of ssds for pigs and cows if you have 6 sties and others have only one?you get beat out by golders and seaweed everytime.
Sign In to comment.