Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Northern Lights / Viking Village is LAME!

1. I immediately noticed that everything is not only time consuming, but very expensive.:mad: Just starting the basics & exchanging $$ soaked me for about $500K before I said no more & most of that was just for starting on the assigned tasks.:mad:

2. Then I heard that we dont even get to keep the viking village & when it comes back we have to start ANEW?! :mad: Seriously, then Im not sinking another DIME into that place! If we at least even got it back in the shape we left it... (not being able to "use" it while it was not a current mission; aka not being able to "fly" there):mad:

3. Since I am still trying to recoup my losses of funds from my main farm, I cant afford to exchange large amounts of $$ at this time.

4. If runes are another form of currency on this farm - then there needs to be a top bar, next to snow dollars, that shows RUNE amount! Common sense.

5. You need to show exchange rates on things for "snow dollars SD:R runes," ex: it costs $854 snow dollars to produce 1 field of flax (60 flax), but it only gets 540 runes to sell that same amount of flax.
So the rate is $854(SD) : 540(R)...
It takes 5 fields (x60) to produce the 300 flax needed for 30 tunics ($854 x 5 = 4270 snow dollars) but then selling 1 batch of tunics (30 x 145 = 4350 runes),
a rate of $4270(SD) : 4350(R)

Pretty crappy exchange rates...
Post edited by KittyKatKlaws on

Comments

• CM MargoCM Margo Posts: 272
    edited 06.03.2015
    Hi Kitty!

I'm sorry you feel that way about the event, however your feedback is valuable, whether it's positive or negative :)

I'll forward this on and explain that users are struggling to enjoy the farm when at low level and not purchasing gold. However these events are designed to be easier at high level with all the farms making good money. This is the main reason you're struggling to use the viking farm I imagine.

~CM Margo
  • KittyKatKlawsKittyKatKlaws Posts: 11
    edited 06.03.2015
    Yes, Im only level 33, but my main farms are doing pretty well for my level I think... However I think a majority of your users are not purchasing gold, so perhaps gearing the events to be easier for higher levels isnt always the best thing. Thats a little unfair to have events geared towards higher levels or that really only higher levels can participate in. Even if I had several million on my main farm, Im just not going to participate in an event that immediately soaks up about $500K just to get started. AND Im especially NEVER going to participate in an event that doesnt let me either: keep that new farm OR when it is available again, it comes back in the state I left it in, complete w/ building & all. Its really restricting to be able to build only 1 thing at a time amongst ALL the farms... so why would I bother building anything on a farm I dont get to keep & that takes away from my build time on my main farms????
  • tilmartilmar Posts: 5
    edited 23.04.2015
    It's very tempting at the lower levels to just quit because it's so frustrating.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 26.04.2015
    Kitty it is the same with the tropical Island wishing I never went there too glad for the heads up on viking village.
  • DeltaOps44 (US1)DeltaOps44 (US1) Posts: 243
    edited 26.04.2015
    All Island Farm Events are the same, they are meant for higher level players who have lots of money.
  • BigarmChampion (US1)BigarmChampion (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    edited 24.07.2015
    Thank you for the good info.
  • sammytimmy (US1)sammytimmy (US1) Posts: 84
    edited 24.07.2015
    This time around i'm tackling the northern lights differently - i am not going to play for the decos, but rather the runes to buy greenhouse seeds. i'm not tackling the assigned tasks - i'm only going to concentrate on flax in the fields for tunics to sell - at night i'll put in fish to sell - overall, i should take in enough runes to help with the ship, and not stress myself in the process.
    i'm at level 51 now, but on my other farm, which reached level 140, i had the profits to sink, and did , and it was just a silly investment - i don't, and won't, use gold, but this new strategy might just satisfy both needs - i'm leaving the bank at 40,000, and have only used 200,000 so far.
    i'm satisfied.
  • timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 24.07.2015
    Wish I could get my ship back the way it was before I tried the Island farm. Now instead of leaving after I fill it, it sits there for five ours waiting for stuff I'll never have.

Checked with support to see if I could get the ship back the way it was, they got back to me but could not do anything. Oh well, I tried.
  • edited 28.07.2015
    i got good advice from my co-op re: i dont want to dump in all this $$ my main farms need.
    All i am doing on the viking farm, literally, is growing flax and making/selling tunics. So i am able to collect runes for the seeds to fill ships over time, but am not losing much $.
    just a possibility-i learned my lesson with the candy farm, dumping sooo many farmdollars into it! :p
    ~Fluffy~
  • maryb5 (US1)maryb5 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    edited 28.07.2015
    I'm having the same issues! I'm going to do the minimum as well. Not fun...
  • timm69errrtimm69errr Posts: 3
    edited 29.07.2015
    hey can u help me timm69err
    edited 29.07.2015
    that means that im going to sell my farm
    edited 29.07.2015
    help me can u
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 30.07.2015
    My suggestion is that once the "special farm" event is over, remove the two extra ship slots caused by the special event... and if a person decides to do the next one, then those slots open again, they should not remain just because someone did one of the special farms. IMO
  • DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 30.07.2015
    Most players have lots of seeds/fruit left to keep the ship going until the next temp farm starts (when the fruit requirements change). Why should they suffer for horseshoes because a few people can't fill their ship? This is a strategy game after all.

I heard, very early on in my game play (well before level 30) that it is not recommended by players to start the temp farms until your 3 main farms are well established and you're making 3-4 mil/day. So, I followed the advice of the seasoned players and stayed away from the temp farms. I don't get tons of horseshoes but I don't care about the horses anyway. (one farm is level 50 the other is level 95)

You have to remember the temp islands/ship/horse ranch came into the game to keep the high level (with loads of farm dollars) players playing the game. It's not meant for the low level players struggling to keep their farm out of bankruptcy. :P
  • timvalen (US1)timvalen (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 30.07.2015
    DuffyKid wrote: »
    Most players have lots of seeds/fruit left to keep the ship going until the next temp farm starts (when the fruit requirements change). Why should they suffer for horseshoes because a few people can't fill their ship? This is a strategy game after all.

I heard, very early on in my game play (well before level 30) that it is not recommended by players to start the temp farms until your 3 main farms are well established and you're making 3-4 mil/day. So, I followed the advice of the seasoned players and stayed away from the temp farms. I don't get tons of horseshoes but I don't care about the horses anyway. (one farm is level 50 the other is level 95)

You have to remember the temp islands/ship/horse ranch came into the game to keep the high level (with loads of farm dollars) players playing the game. It's not meant for the low level players struggling to keep their farm out of bankruptcy. :P

Then they should only be offered from a certain level on up. I never got such advise and most will try them out of curiosity.
  • DuffyKid (US1)DuffyKid (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 31.07.2015
    They are offered at level 30. By level 30 I'd found and read the forums and found and read Larino's corner blogspot. Lots of info and advice about the islands and why to wait. Besides which, at level 30 I was still trying to build up my main and gourmet farms. I barely had enough money to run them without adding another, and the gourmet farm was already on the horizon.

This is a strategy game. If people choose to start the temp islands at level 30 that is their choice. We all decide which strategy(s) to use to move our farms forward.
  • PamGamer5 (US1)PamGamer5 (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 08.08.2015
    The game could post a warning when announcing any new island farm, i.e. "Island farms are intended for well-established farms with plenty of cash on hand. Not recommended for levels below 75." That way we wouldn't cripple our young farms with needless expenditures.
  • sammytimmy (US1)sammytimmy (US1) Posts: 84
    edited 09.08.2015
    my advice: i've done the whole 'spend millions' in my higher level farm - this time, i'm only at level 55 (and started the island much lower), so i've focused on only 3 fields for flax, making and selling tunics, and raising and selling herrings during the night. so far i've had no problem limiting myself and meeting the needs of the ship:
    i've earned the first decoration on points; i've currently earned 1,345,204 runes, and sit 1625 in the rankings (which are irrelevant to what i'm doing).
    my bank is at only at level 2, and i spend no more than 160,000 per day.
    this method is very productive - i can earn my extra dollars and XP without spending that fortune.
    just don't buy into the hype of these extra theme farms. use them wisely and productively - strategy.
  • chaslyn1 (US1)chaslyn1 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 24.08.2015
    Hi! What I need to know (*ASAP* Please) is if I have 622,281 snow dollard and I don't use them before the truck leaves my farm, do I get to keep them for next time the Northern farm comes? Or will they be taken away from me? :confused:
    I would like to be able to build my snow dollars up by saving them for next time so I can get a good decoration.
    Does it work that way? :confused:
  • Flittermouse (US1)Flittermouse (US1) Posts: 436
    edited 24.08.2015
    When the temporary farm ends, the snow dollars are converted to runes at a poor exchange rate. You can keep the runes indefinitely.
  • chaslyn1 (US1)chaslyn1 (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 24.08.2015
    When the temporary farm ends, the snow dollars are converted to runes at a poor exchange rate. You can keep the runes indefinitely.

Thank You Flittermouse! I really appreciate your help! I hope you have a good day! :):):):):)
  • FreeDeb57 (US1)FreeDeb57 (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 24.08.2015
    i left 44k in snow dollars when game ended...was supposed t revert to runestones i thought..where the hell are they?? i spent alot of money then at the end i bulldozed all...still had 44k to use

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file