Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Skip Button for Missions

Please consider adding a Skip button for missions. I believe this would be extremely popular and a great source of income for GGS. Win - Win!

The Skip button would work in a similar fashion to Omar's Skip button. The player would pay a small amount of gold to skip out of their current mission and automatically search for another.

To be fair:
- the button would be available for the first 2 minutes of a mission only.
- the skip would not affect the ongoing mission - the player who skipped would be recorded as a skip (last place with no reward) so the reward structure would remain the same for all remaining players.

Skipping would give players a chance to hopefully overcome solo missions, or to get a mission they feel they would have better odds of winning. Of course, there are no guarantees, but this would add a new fun element to the mission system.

Thanks for considering and for suggesting additional ways to make a Skip button more successful.
Post edited by AlabasterGamer (US1) on

Comments

• Anissa0012 (US1)Anissa0012 (US1) Posts: 43
    edited 08.07.2015
    I heartily second this motion. What a fantastic idea!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 08.07.2015
    A fantastic idea! Can't tell you how many times I could have used this.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 08.07.2015
    this is a great idea, but the forum is filled with this same idea, at least 1 - 2 years people have been posting the same thing. The bottom line is that it seems it will never happen no matter how many times we suggest or complain about it. I wish that was not true but there it is.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 08.07.2015
    Paying gold for skip a solo mission? 8|
    No thanks!!! - Solomissions is in my eyes a kind of error in the game programming, and I don't find it fair we should pay gold for skipping a programming error.

Skip a mission which not is a solo mission?
    No thanks - This could result in that, a mission with several players anyway ends up as a solomission, if all other players than the player in the 1'st position skip the mission.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 08.07.2015
    First the important thing.... I LOVE your sig pic Alabaster, that is soooo cute! ^^

Now, sadly, I have to disagree with some parts of your suggestion. As I am one that hates doing missions & would be happy to skip my way to one that I actually wanted to do, but GGS have never really gone for any suggestions that are designed just to make the game easier for us. Random missions are a part of the game & annoying as it is to get a field mission when your fields are full of wheat & you wanted eggs or dung, thats just part of the game. There are also a huge number of people that do not like when other players use gold in missions, personally I think that too is part of the game, but with your suggestion that gold players could now also skip to just the missions they want to play, I fear that divide would become even larger & cause considerable resentment from non-gold users...... Imagine if you finally got a mission with another opponent, you start to harvest & then after 1 minute they skipped out of it leaving you with a solo mission. 8|

However, one type of "skip button" that I have seen suggested before, is to get a pop-up after 5 minutes of searching saying that an opponent was not found & offering you the option to play solo or continue to search (without knowing what type of mission it is)... This is something that I think is a GREAT idea, because I don`t believe solo missions are part of the game design & they are as bad for GGS as they are for the players, as solo players do not use gold, so this type of skip button would go some way to addressing the solo mission problem, without affecting the designed elements of the mission program.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 08.07.2015
    Had my comments ready, but reading everything I see that Brian and Scissors said it all. Couldn't have said it any better, my post would only be a mere repetition of the same words..... ^^
  • edited 08.07.2015
    Interesting thoughts so far. Thanks!

Solo missions are a problem for me. It may be a programming error, but it doesn't appear to be improving. I would love to avoid them either through a skip, or the option that RunsWivScissors proposed. (Very nice!) Solo missions give a far lower reward vs. non-solo (even just a 1 competitor mission) for a comparable harvest. And, once they begin, you are stuck for a half hour. Since I typically get several in a row, I have lower rewards for half a day or better.

A Skip would not cause a solo mission. As I mentioned initially "the skip would not affect the ongoing mission - the player who skipped would be recorded as a skip (last place with no reward) so the reward structure would remain the same for all remaining players." So, it would not be possible to be left alone in a newly created solo mission. Instead, any remaining players would gain the higher rewards of winning a multi-player mission. Although I would prefer the fun of playing a full mission with all opponents, I would not be offended if they chose to skip within the first 2 minutes and leave me with an easy win every now and then.

True about GGS not generally going for suggestions that make things easier, (with the notable exception of the fabulous Greta). However, if you had your fields full of wheat, you would generally wait to do missions. With the Skip button option, you could try for a non-field mission while the wheat matured. Again, no guarantees, but it would be an opportunity to have a player more active in missions, and more invested in the game.

I thought I had seen similar suggestions before, kbahr, but none came back in my search, so I posted this with some additional qualifiers and direction, hoping to get some new discussion rolling. Thanks for your input, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file