Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Wrong horse being selected to be challenged by others.

Has anyone else had this problem.

I just checked my notice board and noticed that ALL challenges had been lost in the last day.

Checked and the wrong horse was being challenged, not the one I had selected.

Went back to the transporter to double check that the correct one was selected and it was.

So I lost a heap of points and missed out on some gold horseshoes which I could have won.
Post edited by julie-y (AU1) on

Comments

• BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 01.06.2015
    Be sure that you not have marked the "select best horse automatickly"
    selecthorse.png

I have try that automatic select don't take my best horse, but one of my weakest horses :(
    - maybe a bug?

Because of that, I do not thrust on that auto function, but have unmarked it, and by myself have choosen which horse I want to use in the different disciplines
  • julie-y (AU1)julie-y (AU1) Posts: 3
    edited 01.06.2015
    I double checked and that wasn't checked
  • Dave 20133Dave 20133 Posts: 9
    edited 04.06.2015
    Yes this is happening to my horses on both the au and us server where it will select the lowest horse most of the time especially if the first horse in the barn is your lowest horse. Even with the check selected and most time when you go back to that page it will be unchecked. My level 15 horse is selected on 1 server instead of my 79 and level 25 for my level 74 . all the time and GGS wants me to still play the game and they are aware of it the whole time is cheating me out of points. Really
  • Dave 20133Dave 20133 Posts: 9
    edited 25.07.2015
    If your not going to fix the horse racing error you need to not run it or have it so i can turn it off and stay out of your challenge. The last 2 challenges i noticed and turned in to support that my racing selects the smallest not the best horse for the race. On the notices of who raced me it keep giving me loss after loss and this is not fair when i have much better trained horses than 30 something. After putting all the time and money into this game for you just to say i have not had a loss is crazy.Each race i lose puts me further behind in wins and prizes.
    Post edited by Dave 20133 on
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 24.07.2015
    I have my best horse selected for each discipline & do not have the automatic box checked and, so far, I haven`t had any problems with the wrong horse being selected. I just had a look through all the recent losses on my noticeboard & they were all against the correct horse. Maybe you could try it that way & see if it helps you.
  • tgbill (US1)tgbill (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 24.07.2015
    No i tried the different settings in fact if you use the select best horse with the glitch it will un-check it for you after a little while by itself and yes i have the best horses selected. GGS is aware of this and you will see others that this happens to also as you race and you will get extremely low level horses and i seen it happen on the AU server more than the US1 server. mine will select my newest horse level 34 instead of my 74. Second racing season and it still isn't fixed i would rather bow out of the season race than to keep getting my lowest horse chosen to compete when mine is challenged.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 25.07.2015
    I use the same method as Runs, and haven't had it happen to me either. Fingers crossed.

-Y
  • erryka (AU1)erryka (AU1) AU1 Posts: 132
    edited 25.07.2015
    In the 2nd tournament it was happening to me after I had selected the auto selection box.
    Came here and noticed there was a bug so unselected it and has been ok since then.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    One member in my coop has reported following bug:

Her horses in the stables are lvl 34, 38, 39, 50, 81 and the one she has chosen as "champion for each discipline" in the 
    "Tournament preparation" section is naturally the lvl 81 horse. 

However when another farmer challenged her it was the lvl 39 horse which was displayed (names matched too).

I will keep asking around if fellow coopmembers have noticed known opponents to be a suddenly lower level horse.
    If anyone else notices this or has an explanation, please do share :) We assumed that even when in training, the horse that is selected as champion is the one that gets challenged, is it not?
  • Do they have the selection unchecked for automatically having best horse chosen?
    That needs left unchecked.
  • If you don't lock in horses then the competition can scroll thru and choose which horse they compete against.  I forgot to lock in horses after a breeding and had the same thing happen.   A horse in training can still be challenged.  If you are doing the challenging and that horse is in training it is not available and it will give you the next best. 
  • Do they have the selection unchecked for automatically having best horse chosen?
    That needs left unchecked.
    i have unchecked mine, and turns out that other players challenged my lowest level horse. i find this unfair. ive been striving so hard to reach gold, but then later i found out that i would ALWAYS go back to silver bracket, because i always lose when they challenge my lowest level horse.

maybe the other way around, meaning it needs to be checked?
  • White Doves is quite right, automatic selection doesn't work (never has) so you have to uncheck it and then manually choose a horse to compete in each discipline 
  • Should be a selection window for it to check mark which discipline to use.
  • Should be a selection window for it to check mark which discipline to use.
    There is you can manually go tap thru your horses and then put a check for the one you want used.  If you use the auto then it will show you the best and you then need to add the check to the box by each discipline to lock that horse in.  If you breed horses always be sure to go back and make sure your best horse is still the one checked, I have had it reset them before even when the best horse was not involved in the breeding.
  • Yeah I saw how it does that. I always check before competing. 
  • Godless Wench (US1)Godless Wench (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 03.11.2015
    Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for a while, so I don't know if there has been a glitch with the horses or not. I have it set to run my best horse for each discipline automatically, suddenly it's not doing that. 

I have 5 horses, lvls: 92, 86, 48, 48, 47. It should always pick the lvl 92 when I'm challenged. On the set up screen, it shows the lvl 92 for all disciplines.

Instead, it's skipping the 92 (in training) and the 86 (doing nothing) and putting up my lvl 48 against horses lvl 90 and above. Of course it's going to lose nearly every race.  I just took a break for 2 hours. When I came back, it said I was challenged 4 more time. I lost all 4 races, so I checked the results and again they are running the lvl 48. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I have another question. Since I HATE these horses so much, hence their names, such as Hated Horse, What A Crock, Inbred, and What A Waste. At the end of this challenge, if I set all 5 horses free can I do away with the competition entirely? Then I wouldn't have to worry about gaining shoes, so wouldn't need run some of the islands. And, for me the competition (gold) shoes are worthless. I have over 1.8 million of the damn things clanging around my farm. Have a great week everyone. Happy Farming.

Ciao,
    Jan
  • amyk (US1)amyk (US1) Posts: 1,201
     Uncheck the box and then click select under your best horse for each discipline.   I select my best horse manually and it runs the races when someone challenges me, even when it's in training.  You may have to look at it every so often and make sure that it stays selected.  Sometimes it will unselect itself? computer glitch? and your competitors might be able to scroll through and challenge your lowest horse. 

• Hi Amyk,

Thanks for the prompt response, it's greatly appreciated. I never noticed a problem with them running the wrong horse until today. 

The first time I saw it, I unclicked the "select best automatically" button and reselected it. It then started picking my top horse again. But only for a couple of races. Then it went back to the 48. So then I manually selected to run the 86 thinking maybe GGS changed policy and won't run the one in training. 

It selected the 86 for 1-2 challenges, then switched back to the 48 again. I have now manually selected the 92, I want to see how long that lasts, lol. Have a good one.

Ciao,
    Jan
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    My horse transporter has a bit of a problem in that it keeps removing the best horse selected for when challenged. I tell it to select best horse for each discipline, but suddenly it will change to very definitely not the best horse. This means that instead of people challenging my best horse they are challenging horse 50 levels lower and so I am rather unsurprisingly losing a lot when this happens. Since this tournament started it has changed the horse selected at least 4 times, but I did not notice the first one for a while and wondered why I was losing over 30 challenges a day. This is already making it really difficult to improve in gold league, it will make it even more difficult to stay in platinum. I have cleared caches, tried opera and google browsers and problem is still happening. 
  • Read the post above by amy. Manually select the horse for each type race. Uncheck auto select buttons.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    Hey everyone,

I've passed this bug on again, in hope that we're able to find the reason for the old meanie tick to pick a less effective horse.

In the meantime, feel free to remove the tick and set the strongest horse yourself, just to be sure.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • CMMD (US1)CMMD (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    I am having the same problem--it always chooses the lowest horse, even if that horse is in training. It doesn't matter what I have checked or not checked, and it resets itself randomly. I am unable to progress and it is very frustrating. Thanks for any help.
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    sooooo, I have a level 122 horse.  It's picked to race in every category,  and a couple hours later, picked to race in every category,  and a couple hours later, picked to race in every category.

So why is everyone racing my level 60 horse?  I keep clicking "pick best horse" and it shows the 122 one.... but my mail is consistently ONE person races that horse, then it switches back to the level 60 one.  

This little glitch seems to have fired up once I hit gold level, since it wouldn't do any damage before that.  

Any solutions?  Cuz I'm going backwards because of it.  :(

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Manually pick your top horse for each category. Do NOT select "pick best horse", in fact make sure it is NOT selected. It doesn't work in fact it produces exactly the results you have experienced!!  :¬(
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Manually pick your top horse for each category. Do NOT select "pick best horse", in fact make sure it is NOT selected. It doesn't work in fact it produces exactly the results you have experienced!!  :¬(
    Good to know - thanks.
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103
    have tried that, guess I"ll try it again

last year when I had this problem the advice was just the opposite.... always click "pick best horse"

be nice if the glitches were consistent :(
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    It has always worked for me!  :¬)
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    The top picture is from a horse of level 50, that is the horse other players see when they challenge me.

This picture is from my best horse of level 77.

Tell me why players who challenge me get a different horse for at least the last 2 days as i can see in my Tournament News.

It looks to me that when you breed (i breed my best horse couple of days/weeks ago) your best horse (and you get the check mark selected for your best horse) you need to reselect or uncheck and check again for your best horse. Could someone who needs to breed there horse try this as i am not close to breeding.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    The top picture is from a horse of level 50, that is the horse other players see when they challenge me.

This picture is from my best horse of level 77.

Tell me why players who challenge me get a different horse for at least the last 2 days as i can see in my Tournament News.

It looks to me that when you breed (i breed my best horse couple of days/weeks ago) your best horse (and you get the check mark selected for your best horse) you need to reselect or uncheck and check again for your best horse. Could someone who needs to breed there horse try this as i am not close to breeding.
    Make sure the "select best horse" box at the bottom is unchecked.  And hand select your best horse.
    1.JPG 114.5K
Sign In to comment.