Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Timer display errors for FF builds/upgrades with Cabin Level 3

Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
On my main farm I have a stately farmhouse level 4 with a -30% building of anything. I have noticed that it is not happening and hasn't been working for some time. Whatever I build takes the full time to build. I am currently upgrading a level 5 field to level 6 with a building time of 14 hours & 42 minutes. No time has been taken from the upgrading of said field.

I don't seem to be having the same problem on my other farms. They also have a -% with building times.

Is it a bug that has attacked my farm? Is anyone else having the same problem with their main farm?

Thanks for any answers.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 30.04.2015
    Hi Ozzie,

The time shown in the info for an upgrade, has already been reduced based on the level of your farmhouse. Upgrading a field from 5 to 6 with a level 1 Farmhouse, would take 21 hours. Can you give more details of the differences you are seeing between your main farm & the other two, that makes you there is a problem on your main farm.

Thanks
    Wabbit
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 01.05.2015
    Thanks WascallyRabbit for your response.

I do see a difference between my other farms as I see a decrease in the building times. The decrease is shown in the little television screen at the bottom of the page showing the building time that is left. That time is different to the time shown when looking to see if you can upgrade that item.

The main problem on my main farm is that the minus percentage of building time is not working. When I build it takes the entire time that is displayed but does not take the percentage off. With upgrading my field it is taking the entire 14 hours & 42 minutes to upgrade. Where is the -30% off of that time? Again the television screen shows the time that is needed to complete the upgrade.

My flower farm has a -20% building time and IT DOES work. 20% of the building time IS removed. Upgrading a simple house from level 3 to 4 normally takes 11 hours & 40 mins. But with the -20% it goes down to approx 9 hours & x amount of minutes. The decrease in building time occurs here so why not my main farm?

If no decrease in building time occurs then why do we see in the information on the stately farmhouse that there is a -30% in building time but don't get it?

Hope this if the information that you need to help me with this query. If not please tell me what it is that you require.

Thanks again,
    Ozzie
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 01.05.2015
    I think I got this too. I was just going to post it...

But I would describe it differently:

There is a display bug of building times on flower farm.
    In the past, on all farms, the building times in build menu and in the info for upgrades was allways dispayed minus the farmhouse/cabin bonus, like Wabbit says.
    So a level 1 simple house (only thing all farms have, so best to compare) has 15:00 min with level 1 farmhouse/cabin. That's 12:00 min with level 3 farmhouse/cabin (-20%), 10:30 min for level 4 farmhouse/cabin (-30%), 9:00 min for level 5 farmhouse/cabin.
    On my main and gourmet farms, the build times are displayed correctly (with reduced times). On my flower farm I have a level 3 cabin, but the time is displayed as 15:00 min. Actual building is 12:00 min, like it should.

I can't remember since when it is displayed wrongly. Took me a while to notice.
    We don't have any actual demerrits, but it is confusing!
    edited 01.05.2015
    Thankyou both for your explainations.

@ Ozzie, 14hrs 42mins is the correct time for your field with the 30% reduction, as I said in my previous post the default time should be 21 hours. So it would appear that is working as it has always done, by displaying the time with the reduction already included.

However, from what nooca says, there is something strange with the display on the flower farm, even though it is working correctly & using the reduced time.

@ nooca, the build time for a level 1 simple house, that I have showing on MF & GF with level 7 farmhouse/cabin is 7:30 & on my FF with cabin level 4 its showing as 10:30, all of which are the correct times (including reductions) Could you please post a picture of yours showing 15 mins with a level 3 cabin, maybe its just the displays for certain levels that have gone weird.

If either of you are seeing any other times showing as the original time (not including the reduction) can you post where they are & include pics if possible & I will pass it on to be looked at.

Thanks
    Wabbit
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 01.05.2015
    As far as I can tell, ALL building times on my flower farm are displayed without the reduction.
    I put some random screenshots below. Hope this helps.

69Khldj.png
    edited 01.05.2015
    Thanks very much nooca, so we know the FF Cabin Level 3 is displaying wrong & level 4 is ok...Maybe we can find someone with a Level 2 to check that one too.... I will pass that info on.

@ Ozzie, can you confirm the level of your Cabin on your Gourmet farm & whether that farm is showing the full build/upgrade time, as you mentioned in your original post that it was also behaving differently from your main farm.

Thank you both. ^^

EDIT: Level 2 FF Cabin is displaying correctly, seems to be just Level 3 that has the issue.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 02.05.2015
    Thanks WascallyWabbit.

My cabin level 4 on my gourmet farm has a -30% build time. When I upgrade anything it does show the reduced time in the screen at the bottom. Looking at the information on a particular item I can see the full time (without the reduction of build time) so when I build it takes shorter time to build it. That does not happen on my main farm. Information and the screen show the same build time.

Hope that helps. :)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 04.05.2015
    Hey everyone,

I've forwarded the cabin display issue to the developers.

Thanks a lot for your efforts in identifying the issue. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Below is timer showing for upgrade flower shop I have been upgrading over 13 hrs
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    This is what my timer is showing Sorry do not know how to post 2 pictures Is architect timing bugged
  • NafaruNafaru Posts: 3,047
    edited 04.12.2016
    @Lesley52 (GB1) I remember there being a display bug in the information window for flower farm buildings a while back. With this bug, the construction time reduction of the main farm's farmhouse was applied in these info menus, whereas the construction time reduction provided by the flower farm's cabin should have been taken into account instead. 

I fear this may be a similar issue. I'll have the developers know! 

Thanks for letting us know!

[Merged with bug that Steffi is talking about | Wabbit]

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
Sign In to comment.