Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Some interface changes

DoomDark (US1)DoomDark (US1) INT1 Posts: 25
If these are old ones, credit to those who got them first :)

First, when you get the 'The barn is full' popup, could you add something to it to indicate when Gourmet farm storage is also full? Perhaps a red slash over the truck? Then you'd see immediately if there is any need to transfer goods or whether you can sell right away.

Second suggestion is something I've mentioned before. Move the selection ring to a higher graphigs layer. Right now eyecandy like crop and collectible popups are on a higher level than selection ring, often obscuring it and disturbing its use. Moving the ring to a layer immediately below the cursor layer would cure this problem.

And thirdly, some more popup options please. You could give us options like 'display mission popups on/off'
and 'display other popups on/off' This way it would be possible to ignore the useless 'mission available' popups and only see the more useful ones.
This would be especially useful if you'd add new popups like 'Ship docked', 'Ship about to leave', 'Water your tree' to give few examples.

DoomDark
Post edited by DoomDark (US1) on

Comments

• MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 14.09.2014
    pop up when the ship comes is pretty nice(but at least the ship makes a horn sound when it comes)..and pop up to water the tree is better..especially after ggs made it even less visible..maybe just a small box at the edge of the game screen..
  • Mirja (NL1)Mirja (NL1) Posts: 141
    edited 15.09.2014
    DoomDark wrote: »
    First, when you get the 'The barn is full' popup, could you add something to it to indicate when Gourmet farm storage is also full? Perhaps a red slash over the truck? Then you'd see immediately if there is any need to transfer goods or whether you can sell right away.
    Yes, I would like GGS to change it too. Or make the button grey? I always click on the truck just to make sure, but many times unnecessary.
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 28.04.2016
    Now that we have the lab, and lots of premium feed to use, the current ring interface is very Non-user-friendly.

Depending on where your stables and fields are placed, it can be a real headache.

So will you geniuses out there come up with some suggestions for improving it, please? 

My issues are

1. that is really slows things down, especially if one has to constantly move your farms around to even see the entire list of feeds
    2  The list often does not "stay" up long and I end up harvesting cows or something when I wanted to use premium feed for chicks. 

I was wondering if the whole ring could just be a  centered popup displaying all options at once?  Like when we click on the silo, composter lab, etc.  OK, that is my crazy idea, now lets get some more suggestions, please  :)
  • adoptapet could not agree more! I end up using either seaweed feed instead of the super feed, or normal instead of the fast due to it's unfortunate placement especially when the game slows down. I had to re-jig my whole farm because the 6 chicks could not be fed being in a 2x3 way, I had to place them next to each other. Also, the blue stars are soooo annoying when they get in the way. Some size reduction would do magic. 
  • My coop mates have suggested some changes in chat.  I asked them to post their ideas here, too.  Hint, hint.  Where are you? :)
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    I agree, something needs to be done with the feed ring.  I use the blue premium feed exclusively, now, on my main farm and it's difficult to get to for some animals which are placed near the bottom of the farm.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    If GGS want us to use the laboratory to make the feeds, fertilizer and whatever ,maybe move to where regular feed is now and move wet over,same with fertilizer to make it easier to use.
  • I copied @AlabasterGamer (US1)   ideas from another thread:

"One favor (or consideration), please.
    Move the premium feed around on the ring menu so it is easier to use. It is awkward to use the super or premium feeds, and far less speedy to do so, during missions. It is the one big drawback of the premium items in my opinion.   

Edit: Moving the premium humus as an extension of the regular humus will also greatly reduce the misclicks on super or seaweed humus. It would work well with chicken feed, too. I think it should be this way with cow & pig feed, but move speedy feed toward the inside of the ring. Please consider this. Thanks! "
  • I think the ring menu could be greatly improved. It may not be possible to move speedy feeds to the inner part of the ring, so how about this:
    • move the rote icon as an extension of the move icon, freeing up a slot
    • use the new slot for fast feeds
    • move the premium feed as an extension of regular feed (because neither gives greater yields)
    • leave seaweed feed with super feed as an extension (because both give higher yields)
    I also agree with making the stars smaller. As it is now, it takes me just under twice as long to feed my chickens with premium feed as it does with regular feed. That is a mess in missions and the "reaching" for a third tier feed can result in errors, as mentioned previously in this thread. Thanks!
  • I agree about the premium feeds. Not only are they awkward to navigate, the display gets broken by flying icons and you have to start the journey again. Also, I have chickens down the left side of my farm & the premium feed for the bottom 2 disappears behind the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

Even a minor change to many the buttons appear horizonatlly instead of vertically would be an improvement.
  • One thing that really bugs me about the ring menu is the need to pass the cursor carefully over one button to get the button you want to show itself. Like when planting fields, I am almost always planting the last seed, but that button isn't there until I hover the cursor over the "sow" button. Why isn't the plant last seed button already showing as soon as I open the ring, so I can move my cursor directly to it?

It's even worse with the speedy feed button.  I have to pass the cursor over the regular feed button to get the speedy feed button to show, but sometimes the game doesn't recognize that I moved the cursor to the speedy feed button, and it uses regular feed instead. To avoid this, I have to pause for a bit after I move the cursor to the speedy feed button before pressing it, which really slows things down.  If that button were already out as soon as I opened the ring, I could loop the cursor around so it never passes over the regular feed button, and so the wrong feed would never be used.

It would be a big improvement just to have all buttons showing as soon as the ring menu is opened.

• Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    I agree about combining the rotate and move buttons, but I'm not thrilled about the idea of having to navigate around a spend gold button for different productions.  That seems like it's just begging for lots of accidental gold spending when trying to start productions.  I think it would be better if all production-related buttons stay on the bottom half of the ring.  (Though I don't really have a suggestion on what should go in that space instead.)

I also think the demolish button should also be removed from the ring and merged into the upgrade window.  Maybe put it as a red button in the bottom left of that screen, away from other things, so it wouldn't be clicked on easily.  It would (hopefully) further lower any accidental demolishing, and free up another spot to be used on the ring.
  • Vini7 (AU1)Vini7 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    Now that we (some of us anyways) use the premium feed all the time - to save production costs mainly - is it possible to swap the position of the seaweed feed and the blue feed, please ?
    It is such a long drop down to the blue feed and even if I have only 1 or 2 super feed it still shows up. For this long drop I have to avoid the flying dung and produce and bypass the upward flying blue stars in order for it to work. And the space to do it in is not that big with all the low hanging offers making the workspace smaller. It now takes 3x longer feeding the chooks than with normal feed, which is critical in a mission for instance.
    I would be much obliged to have it changed.
    Thank you.
    Vini

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file