Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Word filter list

Comments

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 13.03.2015
    Just tried to call my horse "Twix" (like the chocolate bar) and apparently not allowed.
    I'm a bit stumped as to what part is offensive?
    Any ideas? ?(
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 13.03.2015
    debj wrote: »
    Just tried to call my horse "Twix" (like the chocolate bar) and apparently not allowed.
    I'm a bit stumped as to what part is offensive?
    Any ideas? ?(

I will PM you ^^
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 13.03.2015
    I'm sure that GGS installed the word filter with the best of intentions, but I would like to point out something that might not have occured to them, a major flaw. Say for example, that a CHILD were to try to send a perfectly innocent message, such as: "I like the peacocks. They're pretty!". So what does the stupid Censor do?
    It responds with a message telling the child that they can't use the word "c**k" in a message! The Censor could actually TEACH a child a bad word! "Mommy, what's a c**k?" LOL Thanks a lot, GGS! Now my kid can cuss like a sailor! :cursing: LOL
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 16.03.2015
    They need a smarter algorithm for the filter - to be able to distinguish whether a word is on its own or part of a bigger word. It wouldn't be that hard to code. Here's what I think will work.

Strip the text you are testing of everything except letters and excess spaces - more than one space together, and spaces at the start and end of the text. Following that, add a space to the start and end of the text.

Then, for each word you want to check:

1) Add a space to the start and end of the word then test whether that word is in the text.

2) Additionally, insert a space between each letter of the word you want to check and test that with the text as well.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 16.03.2015
    my problem with the word list is why the capable programmers can not figure a way to just block only the words such as a*s. and allow words like sa*sy, it has more letters
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 16.03.2015
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    my problem with the word list is why the capable programmers can not figure a way to just block only the words such as a*s. and allow words like sa*sy, it has more letters

It's impossible to make a just fair good working censor program and censor list, because just a simple wrong-spelling from the user's will let wrong-spelled bad word pass through the filter even everybody with just a little intellingence would could see it's a bad word which are spelled a little wrong.

That's why they should completly remove that un-intellingent censor program from the game.
  • karmit (US1)karmit (US1) US1 Posts: 65
    edited 04.05.2015
    I know that not too long ago, your text would be stopped even if you wanted to say a$$ or b..itch. Those words are now being shown. ??? Our coop has let everyone know that words like those will not be accepted because there are children playing this game too.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 04.05.2015
    karmit wrote: »
    I know that not too long ago, your text would be stopped even if you wanted to say a$$ or b..itch. Those words are now being shown. ??? Our coop has let everyone know that words like those will not be accepted because there are children playing this game too.

In private messages or coop chat? .... I have had private messages stopped for all sorts of words containing other bad words, like peacocks, skill etc but I don`t recall ever being censored in coop chat..... Unless I have just never tried to say anything bad enough lol 8|
  • CountryKaren (US1)CountryKaren (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    edited 06.05.2015
    In both Runswivscissors. I've had the same problem as you also, but another person (who is no longer in the coop), was swearing like a sailor in the coop chat. Words you wouldn't want to be saying in public, period.
    edited 07.05.2015
    I tried using the word assume about a year ago in a private message and in coop chat.. wouldn't let me send it either way, RunsWivScissors.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 07.05.2015
    In private messages or coop chat? .... I have had private messages stopped for all sorts of words containing other bad words, like peacocks, skill etc but I don`t recall ever being censored in coop chat..... Unless I have just never tried to say anything bad enough lol 8|

Much to the astonishment of my co-op-mates, I just dropped an f-bomb in chat to check. There apparently is no filter at all in game chat. The whole assortment of other poopoo words also go through unchecked. The filter does appear to be fully in place for game messages, however.

I am left to assume that this is so that we may all in our co-op now discuss the full ins and outs of the breeding of our equine additions to the farm. "Wow Bubba, Man-O-War musta f&%#ed ole Secretariat real good. That's a mighty fine colt they made..."
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 07.05.2015
    That is so weird! I still can't send a message in the chat that contains any word with the letters a, s, s...
    edited 08.05.2015
    Hmmmmm??? I have a question.. Do the original owners/leaders of the co-op get to set the "language" filter, or is it GGBF to begin with? I don't know, just wondering out loud. The co-op I'm in, the original owner hasn't been there for some time now.
  • Mina0o (INT1)Mina0o (INT1) Posts: 1,309
    edited 08.05.2015
    Karmit, there is no such option for founders of a cooperative. It's all GGS..
    edited 10.05.2015
    Thank you Mina0o.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.06.2015
    LOL Guess what I just discovered about the word filter!? When I was trying to send a message to a friend, the word filter wouldn't let me use the word "idiot", but it had no problem with me substituting the word "moron"! LOL
  • sunnyduck farmsunnyduck farm Posts: 1
    edited 26.07.2015
    I have tried similar names, but it just tells me the name is invalid. Yet when I named it "poop" it accepted it without a problem. What sense does that make?
  • GreenSceneryGreenScenery Posts: 10
    edited 11.08.2015
    I was unable to name a horse "mama" as it said it was an inappropriate word. I can't figure out why mama would be blocked.
  • edited 11.08.2015
    Raven683 wrote: »
    In English:

Coarse - 1)
    rough or loose in texture or grain 2) (of a person or their speech) rude, crude, or vulgar

Thanks
    Raven

Yes please fix to allow *coarse* It is super annoying to have to restructure a sentence because it contains the word *arse*. Does anyone even use that word anymore???
  • edited 18.08.2015
    hi can you please do something with this stupid word sensor thing I tried to type in message
    Maximise xp and I couldn't send it cos it took se from maximise and X from xp and made sex this thing is ridiculous
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 18.08.2015
    I tried to name my horse "Citrus Spice" and it would not let me use the word "Spice or Spicy"; Citrus was fine though.
  • Sharing holiday recipe ideas in co-op chat. Decided to exchange some recipes via game email.

Had to split a simple recipe into 4 messages. But couldn't figure out why messages were rejected and would not send. A message briefly flashed that I guess I was supposed to be able to read. Had to click the send button several times to be able to read what I guess is supposed to be the reason my message would not send. (Good thing I'm not epileptic!)

The message was accusing me of using foul language in my mail. Took me a while to realize that 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt is equivalent to a mule.

Apparently, coarse sanding sugar is also a mule. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't talking about the texture of the hair of my horse. Of course, I'd be very offended if my horse was considered a mule.

If you are still confused, remove the first two letters from the word "coarse". That's what I had to do to figure out what part of my recipe was so offensive. Not a word I use when choosing to be foul-mouthed. Tho, truthfully, it wasn't my recipe, but maybe I need to pass it on to Martha Stewart. She might get a kick out of it. In baking, the types of ingredients are important. If you know enough about your ingredients, it is much easier to use substitutes with success. But I most certainly won't be substituting my salt for a mule. A mule is also an ..... which is equivalent to the foul language infraction of my mail message.

I don't suppose it is possible to create code that would be a little less stupid about inappropriate words in messages? I can find a plethora of offensive terms if I mince words into smaller parts. Or totally disregard whole words for parts. Of course, I do think it is really a pain in the mule to have very ineffective and stupid code. Especially considering that you can type about all the mules you want in chat.

That is sugar-coated about as much as I possibly can. No. I mean sweetening type of sugar, not mule sugar.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Dutch words:

- paars   (purple)
    - kaars   (candle)
    - recrutering   (searching for new members)
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    hvad er status her? de navnte ord på SKN er stadigvæk Blacklistet.
  • Sharing holiday recipe ideas in co-op chat. Decided to exchange some recipes via game email.

Had to split a simple recipe into 4 messages. But couldn't figure out why messages were rejected and would not send. A message briefly flashed that I guess I was supposed to be able to read. Had to click the send button several times to be able to read what I guess is supposed to be the reason my message would not send. (Good thing I'm not epileptic!)

The message was accusing me of using foul language in my mail. Took me a while to realize that 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt is equivalent to a mule.

Apparently, coarse sanding sugar is also a mule. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't talking about the texture of the hair of my horse. Of course, I'd be very offended if my horse was considered a mule.

If you are still confused, remove the first two letters from the word "coarse". That's what I had to do to figure out what part of my recipe was so offensive. Not a word I use when choosing to be foul-mouthed. Tho, truthfully, it wasn't my recipe, but maybe I need to pass it on to Martha Stewart. She might get a kick out of it. In baking, the types of ingredients are important. If you know enough about your ingredients, it is much easier to use substitutes with success. But I most certainly won't be substituting my salt for a mule. A mule is also an ..... which is equivalent to the foul language infraction of my mail message.

I don't suppose it is possible to create code that would be a little less stupid about inappropriate words in messages? I can find a plethora of offensive terms if I mince words into smaller parts. Or totally disregard whole words for parts. Of course, I do think it is really a pain in the mule to have very ineffective and stupid code. Especially considering that you can type about all the mules you want in chat.

That is sugar-coated about as much as I possibly can. No. I mean sweetening type of sugar, not mule sugar.

Well.... Technically a mule is only half an arse. A mule is the offspring off a male (jack) arse and a female horse.
  • It's not as much the filtered words/censorship. It's well, I have to no or know?? On sending co-op msg, writing "who are". Censorship picked up who are as "whore". I appreciate English not being first language to all, however, as English language most commonly used, GGS may need to revise, research more words/meanings. As Australian, Aussie Sheila,  I often see a cockatoo, occasionally a wombat, known for eating roots and leaves. 
    Some of the Danish and Scandinavian words listed, Australians wouldn't use. Well, I'm off to take my Cocker Spaniel for a walk. When I get home, I am going to eat a bar of marzipan. Then I will teach my Cocker Spaniel some ball negotiation Skills. 

• i cant say a non english name nishit bcoz it contains shit???
  • I was unable to name a horse "mama" as it said it was an inappropriate word. I can't figure out why mama would be blocked.
    I also tried to name a horse mama, and mammie was fine. And I ave no idea why. Mammie is a dutch word for Mother, just like mama
  • I cant type 'peacock' or 'grapes' in PM... 
    those two are related to Island farm, me and my friend found this difficulty when we were discussing things in PM..
  • Most of the words of my native language are banned,like "aagay",it means they came,everytime i write this and its say tht this word is not allowed,please allow it and i will be very thankful :smile: 

Sign In to comment.