Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

quick chart of 'farm things'

smirlefarmsmirlefarm Posts: 50
edited 16.09.2013 in Tutorials and FAQs
not sure how to title this thread so feel free to offer a better suggestion if you have one, but anyway to the actual point...
spent a little bit of lazy time making up this chart (and the last minute detail additional re citrus grove was unofficially thanks to bear1)

its kinda more like a guide of what things related to where (eg milk production could go to dairy building etc)

p.s - I made this chart also to save having to click on buildings to remember what they used etc and I'm sure I'm not the only one who could use a conventional 'view everything in just one window' chart

V4 link: http://ibin.co/v983fMY2thR
(updated sept 15, 2013)
Post edited by smirlefarm on

Comments

• monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.09.2013
    post deleted
  • smirlefarmsmirlefarm Posts: 50
    edited 13.09.2013
    hear hear *bangs jug on table* heh heh

I do agree with you, remembering the item combinations on higher restaurant and shop levels can be a bit difficult for typical human memories :D
    edited 13.09.2013
    post deleted
    edited 13.09.2013
    fixed the missing optional hummus lines but as for the lines themself I'll think a bit about that and append a newer version somewhere later on if something does come to mind ok? :)
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 13.09.2013
    I ehhh..... Wow... I have entirely no clue where to start looking. Is there a possibility to colour the starting points or so? Because this is one big ball of yarn without start or end point.
    edited 13.09.2013
    larino heh thats the problem theres no single starting point. you can choose to start at the wheat and end up at the flower shop or start at the carrot and end up at restaurant etc

sorry? ;)
    edited 13.09.2013
    post deleted
    edited 13.09.2013
    Well yes, I understand there are several ways. But there must be several products that have no input arrow. Those can be seen as (several) starting point(s). I have only seen the sugar beets so far as I got entirely confused. But if it is not possible for you then I will work on it myself :) I have photoshop :D (will not post of course, it is your work, will just edit for personal understanding)
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 13.09.2013
    Oh man... if I had realised it was this complicated I would never have started...! ;)
    smirlefarm wrote: »
    I'm offering it as-is as long as you don't try pass it off as your own work *grins*

Dunno if you're aware of the Creative Commons licences which allow you to protect your work as you've described -
    http://creativecommons.org/choose/?lang=en

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
    edited 13.09.2013
    post deleted
    edited 13.09.2013
    mm I'll look into the licensing later and yeah I guess this lazy-quick chart perhaps isn't for everyone indeed

if anyone else want to post something more in a grid pattern or something you're free to go ahead then as i don't think I could really do it atm
    edited 13.09.2013
    Okay, so all I ended up doing was give all main farm hexagons a brown colour, the gourmet farm rectangles a green colour and the flower farm ovals a purple colour. That made it so much easier for me already :D Now I have some sort of starting point at least and can select the blocks I need to check when looking for something particular ^^
    edited 13.09.2013
    had to check forum for a moment and here we are. larino you are so clever, I knew that heavy black just did not seem to work very well but I didn't know what to do till you suggested it - one colour for each three farms. I may edit the first post one more time for 'the next version' soon ;)

edit: done and you're right...why did I not think of that at first
    edited 13.09.2013
    Problem solved :D Who knew it was that easy ^^ Have fun with the chart, people - because it is in fact a very nice one (now I worked with it and got to understand it better). Especially if you print it out - looks gorgeous imo and easy reference if you want to check back on something quickly. Also good for new members so they can plan ahead, I love how you added the levels of shop and restaurant into it so you know whether you can make that already or not.
    edited 13.09.2013
    post deleted
    edited 13.09.2013
    Try to print it and draw on it for yourself, Monica. It helped me as well to see it on paper rather than on the computer. I think I may still try to add some starting points from the blocks with no input arrow :) But will see how I will do that.

Smirle, I just saw you had forgotten a red humus line towards the wild flowers, mixed vegetables and sugar beet :) (should be 4 red lines for each farm)

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
    edited 13.09.2013
    post deleted
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 13.09.2013
    spent a little bit of lazy time making up this chart...

This is a marvelous work; thank you for executing it!
    it seems to swirl less if...
    There are too many random boxes in the first drawings and all disconnected--even with the lines...

There's really not a lot you can do to keep it from looking like a mare's nest when you put the whole thing all in one single chart, though, because it interweaves so much. I'm just glad smirlefarm was able to do it in only two dimensions, without resorting to non-Euclidian geometry!

I think it could be of value to create a couple of subsidiary charts to display direct progressions in a more linear fashion, which would be easier for people who don't think sideways to understand. One could start from the endpoints (e.g. Rita's salad, box of soaps), showing all the steps of all the items along the way that make them up. Another chart could start with the elemental items (e.g. corn, wheat) and show all the composite items each contributes to.
    edited 13.09.2013
    post deleted
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 14.09.2013
    Nice work!
    A few things I noticed:
    Sugar from bakery goes to shortcrust instead of to Apple Pie as it should.
    Line from Cow Shed to Silo should have Dung as an interim stop.

Might simplify things to put all field/meadow/garden products as coming off those 'constructions' - and less lines for humus. But it might not simplify as much as I think it would.
    edited 14.09.2013
    montuos you hit it right on the head, on a short notice its hard enough making everything linked together without scattering the boxes themself all over the place. and your second paragraph does look like a good parallel idea for someone to give a try at (unless I somehow finally manage to, who knows yet as maybe I am still a bit too drunk?! :D )

I'm still trying some tweaks (and moving some boxes around to see if that would group all the main farm boxes together etc too) on top of pasting licensing info into the same file so expect me to export a V4 version on saturday (from EST time zone)

I'll just mention it once for now...thanks for all the constructive criticisms from the start up to now..keep them coming if you wish to :)
    edited 14.09.2013
    post deleted
    edited 14.09.2013
    vacation? WHAT VACATION? and I don't want any payments either! I was actually thinking more along the Creative Common license suggested earlier on (no commerical work allowed, modification allowed, etc)

*throws an unopened beet bottle at monica anyway*
    edited 14.09.2013
    post deleted
    edited 14.09.2013
    (a bit less drunk now so...)

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on whether to change or leave this alone: 'optional red line is for hummus which increases current production per harvest'?

and as per some suggestions I had no problem laying all yellow ovals together but it took me a while to try get *some* of the gray boxes grouped without excessive crisscrossings. taking a good break from this soon, when I'm back I'll see if its not impossible to get gray+green organized at all! *rolls eyes*
    edited 14.09.2013
    considering that you threw a beer bottle at me--I think you are on your own. I don't want to help you anymore.
    edited 15.09.2013
    So sorry you didn't want the beer, Monica.
    I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on whether to change or leave this alone: 'optional red line is for hummus which increases current production per harvest'?

Well, I would change that to "humus" instead of "hummus", since we don't grow chickpeas or garlic. ;>
    and as per some suggestions I had no problem laying all yellow ovals together but it took me a while to try get *some* of the gray boxes grouped without excessive crisscrossings. taking a good break from this soon, when I'm back I'll see if its not impossible to get gray+green organized at all! *rolls eyes*

That will definitely be quite a feat if you can manage it at all!
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 15.09.2013
    My honest opinion. That's more trouble than it's worth.

Sorry, thanks for the effort though.
    edited 15.09.2013
    a friend (not a ggs farmer sorry) helped a bit with the maze of moving things around and I think its pretty much almost (or is it?) a final version now...until that fourth farm opens up
    edited 16.09.2013
    Best version yet! It's still comprehensive, but a lot less overwhelmingly confusing now. :)

I think the fourth farm is an "until" rather than "unless", though. Unless it's completely unrelated, which I tend to doubt.
Sign In to comment.