Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

White Bands

Previously, at times, I would get a white band along the right and top edges of the screen, that usually went away with reloading.
This morning they simply will not go away, even after clearing cache, deleting cookies, checking graphics drivers and all the other stuff always recommended.
It simply makes my screen area so small, I can't see to play properly.
Here is a screenshot:

Several other members in my co-op reports that they've had the issue too. Two of them report that it only went away after they bought gold??
Is that correct? Is it another way of getting rid on non-paying members? Are others having the same issue?
I've sent a ticket to support, but since it is weekend, nothing will be done until Monday I expect.

Comments

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    it's the space where ads normally appear - the ones that will go away if we buy gold

if someone has an ad blocker, the ads are not there, but the space for them is

I don't know if it's for all browsers, or just some of them

it is hard to play with the smaller area :(
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    edited 27.08.2022
    at the beginning when all these ads started Uncle John (au1) suggested using opera as a browser for ad free BF, decided to give it a try and am very pleased to have no ads or white bands. You might want to give it a try.
  • it's the space where ads normally appear - the ones that will go away if we buy gold

if someone has an ad blocker, the ads are not there, but the space for them is

I don't know if it's for all browsers, or just some of them

it is hard to play with the smaller area :(
    I do use an adblocker (free). We basically came to the conclusion in our co-op this morning that yes, it is where ads go. Lots of ideas were thrown around. There are other browsers out there that doesn't give the white bars. In the end, with the help of a few savvy tech folks, and a few adblocker adjustments, got my screen "fixed". Thank goodness for a super co-op! Love my Rippers.
  • at the beginning when all these ads started Uncle John (au1) suggested using opera as a browser for ad free BF, decided to give it a try and am very pleased to have no ads or white bands. You might want to give it a try.
    Yes, a couple of my co-op members have moved to other browsers. Vivaldi and Duck Duck Go. I'm set in my ways I guess... lol... so until Chrome really "breaks" for me, I like to stay in it. Tweaked my adblocker and screen back to normal for now.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Even onOpera I am now getting the band on the right.
    My current solution is to not run maximised. I stretchit to fit left to right but not quite all the way to the bottom. It puts a slider on the right and loses the white band. Not wonderful but better than a huge bit missing
  • Even onOpera I am now getting the band on the right.
    My current solution is to not run maximised. I stretchit to fit left to right but not quite all the way to the bottom. It puts a slider on the right and loses the white band. Not wonderful but better than a huge bit missing
    Wow. Good to know another work-around.
    But I added a little extension to my adblocker, so the bands are gone. Now I just need to figure out how to allow "travel" from GDW to main farm using the screen icon at the bottom (as it is a side task at the start) and how to open forum from in-game icon... lol. So far I can do it if I pause the extension, but I'm sure there are better ways... lol.
  • Katonic (AU1)Katonic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 13
    I use Opera Browser too and I don't buy gold either yet I do not have the big white band issue.  I discovered something about the browser.  In the very top right corner there is a thing that has a series of three lines (one of top of each other. When you mouse over it, it says "Easy Setup".  Press that and a drop down window shows that you can change the appearance of your screen. 1. you can deselect the bookmark bar 2. when you scroll down a bit you can turn on add blockers. So check it out and see if it helps you.

This is what I get when I turn off the ad blocking toggle switches.  And you bet, I retoggled those switches back so I would not get the ads.

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 28.08.2022
    If you have bought gold or have a subscription and are getting the white bands please let me know

If you cannot log in to the forum click HERE  to submit your name and server

• Pookie89 (US1)Pookie89 (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    I use Chrome and up until yesterday morning, I was not getting the white bands.   They started appearing yesterday afternoon for me, in a consistent manner.  My workaround was using ad blocker and my Windows display setting... I managed to get rid of the white bars.  While I am still able to play, I miss "full screen" option while playing... 
    Also in gaining a scroll bar, you all but lose the Map tab when you "hide" it, as it sits under the scroll bar.
  • I use Chrome and up until yesterday morning, I was not getting the white bands.   They started appearing yesterday afternoon for me, in a consistent manner.  My workaround was using ad blocker and my Windows display setting... I managed to get rid of the white bars.  While I am still able to play, I miss "full screen" option while playing... 
    Also in gaining a scroll bar, you all but lose the Map tab when you "hide" it, as it sits under the scroll bar.
    Exactly when my problem started as well. Had been using Chrome without a problem before. Other co-op members also report the issue starting yesterday. Interesting that there is no support over weekends, but they can work on making money... lol. Glad there are some workarounds.
Sign In to comment.