Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Will our whole screen be covered in banners?!?! [ads or white bars - edit Rosy]

1235»

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I'm seeing this white space on my game and don't know how to remove it. I can't properly play the game because of it. Can someone help and tell me how to remove it?
    You're not alone, we all have the same problem. The blank white space is where the ads would go. You probably have an adblocker that prevents them from appearing. You're supposed to not get the ads if you have a subscription, but that seems to be faulty as well. Try logging in through this link, courtesy of Uncle John.... https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/?w=246942
    Sadly, yes,this work around no longer works.

A subscription or the tiniest purchase is now the only way to actually get rid of them, and just for 30 days.
    Okay, a few ads I've been able to put up with, but it's gone way beyond that now. This morning when I logged onto my farm, they're all over the screen! Give me a break!  :(

Just as I thought would happen as happened.  :s They added yet another pop up ad banner for the bottom of our game playing screen!  >:) Blackmail is not the way to do business GGS. 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    When the ads started, I quit buying gold.
    If they ever remove them, and if I'm still here, I will purchase gold again.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 29.03.2023
    @GrammaLeah (US1) the tiniest gold purchase (or a subscription) will remove them.

@Data King (US1)  https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/?w=246942  no longer works :(

Here's what works for me:  I have Adblock Plus running.  Just having it removes the ads, but leaves the white borders, BUT if you go to options and turn on 'Only allow ads without third-party tracking', this removes the white borders as well.  I restarted the game a few minutes ago and this was still working.

I hate to relay this for fear GGS will figure out how to get around this solution, kind of like a James Bond villain gloating and telling Bond his plans, so then Bond knows what terrible thing he needs to stop.
    This (currently) really works. All the mods who were getting the ads/white bars do this now.

My personal opinion is that the Daily Bundle is a good option if you do not want to try Nuke's way at 1:99 euros for 30 days.

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Here's what works for me:  I have Adblock Plus running.  Just having it removes the ads, but leaves the white borders, BUT if you go to options and turn on 'Only allow ads without third-party tracking', this removes the white borders as well.  I restarted the game a few minutes ago and this was still working.

I hate to relay this for fear GGS will figure out how to get around this solution, kind of like a James Bond villain gloating and telling Bond his plans, so then Bond knows what terrible thing he needs to stop.

• Ritvu (SKN1)Ritvu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2
    Again, from yesterday half of the screen is missing due banners and/or white area, please fix this, playing is really annoyable with this small screen area!
    @Ritvu (SKN1)  I  moved you to the discussion on this issue.

See above. You need to either make a tiny gold purchase to remove the ads for 30 days or follow nuke9104 instructions.
  • Well it looks like I (who has been with this game for NINE years) am now done. At least until they hopefully come to their senses. I do not support any site that forces me to allow advertising. GGS drove too many gold buyers away with their poor decision making and compete disregard of their player base. Now even more will leave. 

• I got the same, and since I knew it would be the end for me if I had to pay to play (since I have no income and no bank account due to my situation) I decided I had to get in and at least hand my co-op over to someone else. So I clicked "Allow Ads". My game reloaded, but still no ads or white banners - I did follow nuke's instructions. We'll see how it goes.
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 25.04.2023
    I got the same, and since I knew it would be the end for me if I had to pay to play (since I have no income and no bank account due to my situation) I decided I had to get in and at least hand my co-op over to someone else. So I clicked "Allow Ads". My game reloaded, but still no ads or white banners - I did follow nuke's instructions. We'll see how it goes.
    Seems like you are one of the lucky ones, for now. This is what it looks like with my blocker turned off. Worse part is most of the ads are not static ones, they move and are continually distracting. This game has not been good enough in a long time for me to put up with them. GGS acts like they are the only possible option out there. Fact check is they are not. I'll open it once in a while to see if it becomes playable again but the game is likely to be dead before that happens.  
  • Since they put this option on they should change their ad - game is no longer free.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 25.04.2023
    Since they put this option on they should change their ad - game is no longer free.
    @Cnj_fnr_cPlayer (US1) Well, you can still play Big Farm without spending real money. The ads are just something we all have to deal with if you want to still play for free. I do recommend to any player who intends to play the game for the future to at least buy a small amount of gold. If real life takes you away from the game and you don't login for about 6 months, your farms are subject to deletion. Buying even the smallest amount of gold guarantees your farm will remain on the server for as long as the game exists. Pretty cheap insurance if you ask me.  ;)
  • Been on the game nearly since the start.....have to decide if I want to continue or not.  This is the worst change since 2013 when I started the game.  The game is either free or not.
    Don't say it is if it is not.

edited 25.04.2023
    @Cnj_fnr_cPlayer (US1) I've played the game just as long as you have and I've only spent $2.99 for a tiny bit of gold for the cheap insurance. You're not in any way forced to spend money to play Big Farm. That makes it free in my book.  :)
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149

With the recent change, this no longer works.  In fact, you are now given two options--buy something to remove the ads, or the game automatically will turn off Adblock Plus for you.  This is the first time I've seen where a site will turn off Adblock Plus by itself; every other time, I was given instructions and it was up to me to turn off Adblock Plus.

I see what I get for opening my big mouth.  Well played, Mr. Bond.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Yup - players use forum to share tips on what works for them, and GGS uses forum to see how players get around things & then crush it - that's been going on for a long time ;)
  • It is worse now.....game locks up for me....not sure what I'll decide.
    Hard to play if the game doesn't let you.

• BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    Any suggestions how to play the game now?  My mood has went to zero for the next survey.  Waiting for this stuff to clear makes it impossible to be a team player in a cooperative for the cooperative championship as no longer can shelve missions as in the past.  Thanks to those that have made suggestions above, and I hope I can find something that works, otherwise my play will be very limited going forward.  

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I particularly find amusing, how the top ad to stop the ads is in German, but the one on the bottom is in English.

BillJohn, that is absolutely terrible!  Thank you for sharing a screen shot. The ones on the side bars are bad enough, but to have 3 that are actually blocking your game - that's just going too far.

edited 27.04.2023
    For those who are not experiencing the ads yet, here are my observations--

There are kind of only two ads blocking the game field above.  The one in the lower left can be removed by clicking the 'X' above it; I find it might take it a couple of seconds to recognize you've clicked it; it will return though after so many minutes.  The two in the middle of the game field (the 'Fixed Asset Pro' in the above example and the BF offer below it) are linked together, so they both show up and go away at the same time.  They don't show up as often as the one in the lower left corner--this seems to happen when you reload the game and sometimes when you switch farms (e.g. going from Main to Gourmet).  Also, they appear to be on a 30 second timer (or less), though I find if I click on the ad, a new tab appears in my Chrome browser showing the website related to the 'Fixed Asset Pro' ad, and the ad disappears from my BF game immediately.  However, I realized today that it might not be such a good idea to click on the ad because that is often a way for viruses to infect your computer.

I do notice a performance difference in the game with the ads running vs. not, which is why I like having an ad blocker running normally.

I am willing to deal with the ads on the top and side of the game, but I really, really wish they would remove the ads showing up on top of the game field.  I don't know of any other game which posts ads on top of the game field.  Note, as someone else earlier posted, I make a distinction between ads (from companies other than the game maker for things unrelated to the game) and offers (ways to pay for things by the game maker to help you play the game better/faster/etc.).
    Post edited by nuke9104 (US1) on
  • I know some players that nearly quit with the need to turn off the adblockers to log in, and they were going to quit but somehow have found a way to make the game tolerable. More players are being affected all the time, at least today I have heard from more than one. I know there is hesitation now to say anything in forum about how to deal with these ads for fear of informing the game makers how players may be getting around it, even though they likely already know, maybe not.

I have a different question for now. I also know of players willing to spend 1.99 per month on a daily bundle to get rid of the ads. How can a player spend 1.99 per month if they do not have a credit card? Are there any gift cards out there that the game will accept that you can only put 1.99 on? Or gift cards that the game will only deduct 1.99 from when used for a daily bundle? I have never tried using a larger gift card to only buy a 1.99 bundle. Is it possible?
    edited 16.05.2023
    I asked 

"if you set up a paysafecard account and buy a top-up, e.g. for 5 euros and spend only 2 euros, the rest will remain on this account

https://www.paysafecard.com/ 

• Thanks Rosy!
  • no ads at all here  :) and no, im not buying anything from GGS 
    no ads at all here  :) and no, im not buying anything from GGS 
    @jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) Lucky you!  <3 Don't say what you did to not get the ads or somebody might close that door.  ;)
    no ads at all here  :) and no, im not buying anything from GGS 
    On BF Discord, they said they had only rolled it out to certain servers, so maybe it hasn't shown up on yours yet.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I understand the site wanting to put ads on, but I DO question some of the ads.
    -
    I lost a long-time co-op member over those ads about a supposed children's game that was apparently illustrated by someone with a b0ndage fet1sh.
    She has kids, and was not comfortable with them seeing that, nor did she want to see them herself.
    I didn't like them either.
    -
    Myself, I'm not comfortable with the 'health' ads. I don't need to see that.
  • no ads at all here  :) and no, im not buying anything from GGS 
    On BF Discord, they said they had only rolled it out to certain servers, so maybe it hasn't shown up on yours yet.
    At the NL server do show up, but using tech its filterd out.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We've just lost another coop member due to the new continuous pop-up ad on the left. These people bought a little gold when it made the game ad-free for 90 days. Now it's ad-free for just 30, which makes it cost more per ad-free month and no longer worth it to some. The new pop-up also interferes with game play. 

Make the game more enjoyable, give us what we want (fewer events, return GMLs as rewards to some events), and people might start opening their wallets again to such a degree that the ads can be dialed back some.

Bringing back the Piggy Bank may help.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Make the game more enjoyable, give us what we want (fewer events, return GMLs as rewards to some events), and people might start opening their wallets again to such a degree that the ads can be dialed back some.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file