Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Will our whole screen be covered in banners?!?! [ads or white bars - edit Rosy]

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Sadly there is nothing to be fixed (unless you have made a gold purchase or have a subscription)

You either have ads or white bands with an ad blocker

Rather unsatisfactorily i'm told told zooming the screen gets rid of the bands

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    dem (GB1) said:
    To any mods out there is this problem going to be fixed any time soon?
    The Mods have no control over what the company put's on the screen. They do not see it as a problem rather a way to make more money from us with out our permission ;)
  • Wycked (US1)Wycked (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    All I know is that i am done playing until they disappear and having something pop up and cover the main screen, telling me i can make the ads go away for 30 days if I buy something, feels like extortion, If the company needs money that badly they better get with their marketing team, because this is only going to lose them money.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 01.09.2022
    Lost them $50+ a month from us. They don't seem to care.
    I'm the only one from the family who plays regularly any more, and no longer buy gold.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Many times in the past GGS has made changes I didn't like but was able to get used to. The advertisement all over the screen is something I will NOT get used to.  I seriously doubt that many players here will buy anything these ads promote from anger alone, so they're wasted on us. 🤨
    dem (GB1) said:
    To any mods out there is this problem going to be fixed any time soon?
    The Mods have no control over what the company put's on the screen. They do not see it as a problem rather a way to make more money from us with out our permission ;)
    Why would some one Flag this post as "Abuse" ?  :o I am not abusing any player or Mod ?  o:)
  • I have installed ad blocker so all I have is white on the side where they were.  When I go to full screen to play the top and bottom of my sceen goes white also.  There is no way to x out of the game then.  I have had repeat harvester for over a year which I pay $4.99 a month.  I read where that should eleminate the ads. What gives?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.09.2022
    I have installed ad blocker so all I have is white on the side where they were.  When I go to full screen to play the top and bottom of my sceen goes white also.  There is no way to x out of the game then.  I have had repeat harvester for over a year which I pay $4.99 a month.  I read where that should eleminate the ads. What gives?
    @Pickleballgal (US1) I'm guessing that a subscription does eliminate the ads themselves, but not the blank areas where they appear?
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
    edited 05.09.2022
    A subscription should eliminate all ads

I will pass this on

• I pay for a subscription and I suddenly have the banner on the right of my screen, not happy at all
  • Been fixed now thanks 
    With a subscription you are ad free for 30 days.

Subscriptions are paid  calendar monthly. I'm wondering if this will happen to you every 31 day month
  • @RosyStarling, I certainly hope not, surely if that's the case it can be sorted. We'll see.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    As of this morning my whole farm shrunk due to a wite banner above and on the right of my farm. I play in opera and have a subscription. 
    If this is not fixed I will cancel my subscription. There has been more than enough feedback from players concerning this issue and if GGS will not listen, I have only one option. I wll not finance a company that keeps harassing its customers. This is for me a real breaking point.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Hello, can i ask, to keep the advertations away, is it every 60 or 30 days necessarry to buy gold ?

I think it is 30 days now, but i'm not sure :smile:
    Like RS said, it's 30 days. Not happy that they reduced it from 60 days. Hardly makes it worth it now for some. Some players didn't notice the change and had a rude awakening to find they paid for only 30 ad-free days. I hope they reconsider reinstating the 60 days.
    I've forcefully put forward the suggestion that being ad free should be calendar monthly for those with a subscription and not 30 days

In the meantime those will subscriptions will get ads on the 31st day of their sub 
    edited 12.09.2022
    [Possible] Workaround:

Logging in via this site:    Goodgame Studios

Delete your old bookmark then bookmark the new  bookmark
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189

I have cleaned the cache - also with Ccleianer and SuperAntiSpyware -Used the clear history for a week Lost some trivial stuff easy to replace - Has any one an Idea to stop this - No chrome it is bad for windows lol -  

@BJs (US1)    I moved you to  the thread on the topic

That is where an advert would be if you did not have an adblocker

The smallest gold spend or a subscription will stop them for 30 days

If you have a subscription and it is a 31 day month you will get this for one day

Feedback on this situation has been forcefully given to the CM
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    thanks Rosy - I spend gold daily like about 13 -to 27 I will try that and see if it helps - thanks for the tips and tricks - seems I have been covered by you a few times now - I Thank you deep from my farm.
  • altheras (US1)altheras (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    edited 25.09.2022
    This game shouldn't have adds of this nature AT ALL. These ads are often dangerous and contain malicious software and content that will infect devices of people who play this game. My vision is poor and reducing the size of my game in favor of advertisements has made me consider quitting completely. A better way to do ads, is to do videos people can click to watch and be rewarded for doing so, instead of doing something intrusive that destroys the quality of the game for those who cannot afford to spend money.
    Post edited by altheras (US1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I have discovered that if, instead of running the browser maximised, I Restore Down, stretch the screen to full width and then stretch it downwards to nearly full depth then the big white bar disappears and the display is only slightly shorter than maximum.
  • ren (NL1)ren (NL1) NL1 Posts: 10
    Witte band rechts en bovenaan op het scherm is dit op te lossen?

BF start normaal, als het wachtwoord ingevuld is verkleint het beeld

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Do you have a bid? Problems with the game or PC..
    ren (NL1) said:
    Witte band rechts en bovenaan op het scherm is dit op te lossen?

BF start normaal, als het wachtwoord ingevuld is verkleint het beeld

1.  I moved you out of an irrelevant thread into the one discussing your issue

2. This is an English only forum and you must use English in future. There are many translators available if needed

3. Your problem is you are using an adblocker and the white band is where the ads would be

This can be removed for 30 days by having a subscription or the tiniest gold purchase

"1. Ik heb je uit een irrelevante thread verplaatst naar degene die je probleem bespreekt

2. Dit is een Engelstalig forum en u moet in de toekomst Engels gebruiken. Er zijn indien nodig veel vertalers beschikbaar

3. Uw probleem is dat u een adblocker gebruikt en de witte band is waar de advertenties zouden zijn

Dit kan 30 dagen worden verwijderd door een abonnement of de kleinste goudaankoop"
  • I have white wide borders on my screen.  Is anyone else experiencing or have experienced this issue.  How do I get ride of this border?
    @Memere LouLou (US1) I moved you to the thread discussing this issue

You are using an ad blocker and the white band is where the ads would be

The smallest gold purchase, or a subscription will remove it for 30 days

Or try try to log in via: https://www.goodgamestudios.com/ and when it's working, set a new bookmark for it
    This works for most people

Many times in the past GGS has made changes I didn't like but was able to get used to. The advertisement all over the screen is something I will NOT get used to.  I seriously doubt that many players here will buy anything these ads promote from anger alone, so they're wasted on us. 🤨
    Have to agree. The recent changes to the in game ads so now we can not even open them to stop them until they are completed displaying. Big mistake by the company over seeing the running of the game to get more money from us.
     My time use to be spent here with pleasure and fun. Sure not that way any more. I feel sorry for those trying to complete any thing to do with the game as it stands now. How does one "Catch those Bubbles" if one can not see them?
  • Why do have ads on my big farm?  I have never had them before!   I am ready to quit the game and find another one to play!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file