Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Will our whole screen be covered in banners?!?! [ads or white bars - edit Rosy]

This is getting ridiculous... 3/4 of our borders are now covered in banners. I buy gold when I need it, but I don't want to be annoyed and extorted into doing it. This is crazy! And now Dream World is barely functional!!! The top banner is covering over where the stats are...so I can't even see how much money, moons or experience I have. When you open the task bar, it's impossible to X it out because of the incompetent banner they put. You have to refresh your whole stinking page and wait for the ads to go by all over again just to close out the task bar. This is losing it's entertainment and joy value as a game for me. Anyone else having these issues?
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Nory By Nature (US1) I moved you out of the Tutorials into General Discussions as this is not a tutorial
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 10.08.2022
    Try installing an ad blocker like AdBlockPlus or, like me, use a browser that has one built in like Opera.

I see no ads at all  !!   :¬)))
    Post edited by Uncle John (GB1) on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 10.08.2022
    I hate the new popup ads that cover the playing field so you have to clear them to get to your areas. Ridiculous! I've never bought anything these ads promote and never will. Please get rid of the ads that obstruct play! ☹️  @Uncle John (AU1) Thanks for the heads up on Opera. You're right, it has it's own ad blocker. 👍
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • What is it with all the adverts people. Not only do we have to have them pop up every time we switch farms but we also have them down the right side of the screen. Tonight I come on the game put my screen on full screen now the whole top of my screen as more adverts. What the hell people. You are going to be losing players. People come on to play the game not to look up adverts. Any chance we could have them removed please 
  • Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    This is getting ridiculous... 3/4 of our borders are now covered in banners. I buy gold when I need it, but I don't want to be annoyed and extorted into doing it. This is crazy! And now Dream World is barely functional!!! The top banner is covering over where the stats are...so I can't even see how much money, moons or experience I have. When you open the task bar, it's impossible to X it out because of the incompetent banner they put. You have to refresh your whole stinking page and wait for the ads to go by all over again just to close out the task bar. This is losing it's entertainment and joy value as a game for me. Anyone else having these issues?
    Same problem with me, dream is impossible to play. 
  • Same with me, I've lost about a quarter if not more of my screen to banners, I have to say I'm losing interest fast. And I think they are going to be losing quite a lot of players through this it's ridiculous
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    Same problem, impossible to play dream world. ad banners on the top of the screen and to the right.
    What is it with all the adverts people. Not only do we have to have them pop up every time we switch farms but we also have them down the right side of the screen. Tonight I come on the game put my screen on full screen now the whole top of my screen as more adverts. What the hell people. You are going to be losing players. People come on to play the game not to look up adverts. Any chance we could have them removed please 
    @goodmichelle45 (GB1) I agree 100% that these ads over the playing area are very annoying and need to go! 🤨
  • Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    ublock origin for chrome-based browsers is very very good! - User configurable too!
    I've passed this feedback on.

And do contact Support with this too
  • This is getting ridiculous... 3/4 of our borders are now covered in banners. I buy gold when I need it, but I don't want to be annoyed and extorted into doing it. This is crazy! And now Dream World is barely functional!!! The top banner is covering over where the stats are...so I can't even see how much money, moons or experience I have. When you open the task bar, it's impossible to X it out because of the incompetent banner they put. You have to refresh your whole stinking page and wait for the ads to go by all over again just to close out the task bar. This is losing it's entertainment and joy value as a game for me. Anyone else having these issues?

• Yes, I am having trouble.  Part of my farm is blocked because of these banners
  • This is getting ridiculous... 3/4 of our borders are now covered in banners. I buy gold when I need it, but I don't want to be annoyed and extorted into doing it. This is crazy! And now Dream World is barely functional!!! The top banner is covering over where the stats are...so I can't even see how much money, moons or experience I have. When you open the task bar, it's impossible to X it out because of the incompetent banner they put. You have to refresh your whole stinking page and wait for the ads to go by all over again just to close out the task bar. This is losing it's entertainment and joy value as a game for me. Anyone else having these issues?

• Yes, I am having trouble.  Part of my farm is blocked because of these banners

• Also, the banners are useless - Just a quotation on a grey screen and it say the IP address is not available
    edited 11.08.2022
    @Bigbossman5 (US1)
    Refrain from multi posting

Use paragraphs instead of separate posts

Try an F5 refresh they are not meant to cover the game

And do contact Support

Good news ... the excess of ads was an error

Thank you to those who did bother to contact support

Should be fixed in  about 10 minutes

You will need to refresh

edited 11.08.2022
    Good news ... the excess of ads was an error

Thank you to those who did bother to contact support

Should be fixed in  about 10 minutes

You will need to refresh

@RosyStarling Thank you, Rosy! That's great news! 👍
    edited 12.08.2022
    If you are still having problems with ads can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing

edited 12.08.2022
    @RosyStarling The banner across the entire top of the screen is an ad for an adblocker.....

The most annoying is the ad in the bottom left corner of the screen.  The "X" to exit out is super tiny and even when you clear it, another one pops right up! 🤨

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    Ooof! - That is intrusive and terrible!

Ublock origin should be able to remove it (unless they keep changing the ID)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Yes you are not alone - https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/200394/fare-well-tour#latest
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I am on Opera and I don't get those banners or ads, but as of yesterday my screen has shrunk to 2/3 size and the top and right side is just blank. I assume that is where the banners you guys are talking about are placed. I can't play like this, having to scroll around to view my farm. I have re-freshed, re-loaded, re-booted and re-thunk playing altogether. I stopped playing for over a year when they re-worked (made a mess of) the laboratory, and if this isn't resolved soon I am gone for good.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I am on Opera and I don't get those banners or ads, but as of yesterday my screen has shrunk to 2/3 size and the top and right side is just blank. I assume that is where the banners you guys are talking about are placed. I can't play like this, having to scroll around to view my farm. I have re-freshed, re-loaded, re-booted and re-thunk playing altogether. I stopped playing for over a year when they re-worked (made a mess of) the laboratory, and if this isn't resolved soon I am gone for good.
    You are not alone. I too use Opera and as of 5 mins ago I also have a big white stripe down the left.  :¬((
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Today, for the first time I too got these intrusive, irritating banners on screen. At SKN1. I use Microsoft Edge and was considering changing to Opera, but reading comments above I guess there is no point at the moment.

Please, those in charge of placing the banners --> get rid of them! Figure out a place to put them that does not ruin the game.

Remember the Feedback button and Support 

We do pass all this forward of course but direct contact is good too
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    edited 17.08.2022
    Thank you RosyStarling  :smile:

I sent to Feedback now. And to Support.

Cheers :smile:
    Post edited by Summer (SKN1) on
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    Hello, can i ask, to keep the advertations away, is it every 60 or 30 days necessarry to buy gold ?

I think it is 30 days now, but i'm not sure :smile:
    @domino666 (INT1)  I moved you to the discussion on the advertising

You need to have a subscription or spend the smallest amount of gold  for the ads to go away for 30 days

See my note above don't forget their is a  Feedback button and Support for direct contact with GGS

• dem (GB1)dem (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2
    To any mods out there is this problem going to be fixed any time soon?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file