Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Northern Lights Farm Information

ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
edited 25.01.2022 in Tutorials and FAQs
Unfortunately, it is hard to plan for this farm at the moment. I am going to try to compile some useful information here that will allow anyone reading this to know some useful basic information such as the harvest amounts of buildings and the selling price of items that is not easily accessible at the moment due to the bad inventory system at the moment.

Please pass on any missing information or correct anything if you are aware of missing information or mistakes. I will edit this over time while the northern lights farm is running to keep all the main useful information in this post. Any contribution towards this is appreciated.

-------------------------------------------

Chapter tasks:

Chapter 1 Task 1:
- Begin production of 8 stylish viking tunics
Reward: 50,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 1 Task 2:
- Collect 80 penguin feed
- Collect 4,800 sardines
Reward: 10 Premium winter fertiliser, 100,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 1 Task 3:
- Collect 1,200 wood
- Collect 1 algae
- Collect 120 winter fertiliser
Reward: 150,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 1 Task 4:
- Collect 240 rustic viking tankards
- Harvest 2,880 flax
Reward: 10 Event seaweed fertiliser, 250,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 1 Task 5:
- Collect 7,200 penguins
- Collect 36,000 northern lights coins
Reward: 1 Small Nordic ship, 450,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 2 Task 1:
- Collect 5,400 herrings
- Collect 28,800 sardines
Reward: 250,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 2 Task 2:
- Collect 1,440 rustic viking tankards
- Collect 7,200 wood
Reward: 10 Premium penguin feed, 500,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 2 Task 3:
- Collect 7,200 berries
- Collect 5,400 herrings
Reward: 10 Premium seal feed, 750,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 2 Task 4:
- Begin production of 12 mighty viking helmets
- Collect 5,400 seals
Reward: 10 Event seaweed feed, 1,250,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 2 Task 5:
- Collect 720 winter fertiliser
- Collect 1,440 plant debris
Reward: 1 Magnificent Nordic ship, 2,250,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 3 Task 1:
- Collect 115,200 penguins
- Collect 1,728,000 northern lights coins
Reward: 500,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 3 Task 2:
- Collect 19,200 berries
Reward: 1,000,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 3 Task 3:
- Collect 1,920 cozy viking coats
- Collect 19,200 wood
Reward: 1,500,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 3 Task 4
- Collect 19,200 sheep wool
- Collect 38,400 dung
Reward: 2,500,000 Northern lights coins

Chapter 3 Task 5
- Begin production of 16 cozy viking coats
- Collect 19,200 wood
- Collect 2,304,000 Northern lights coins
Reward: 1 Grand Nordic ship, 4,500,000 Northern lights coins

Selling prices:

Flax - 5
Sardines - 3
Herrings - 15
Penguins - 5
Seals - 38
Wood - 38
Berries - 37
Sheep Wool - 36
Stylish Viking Tunic - 150
Rustic Viking Tankard - 490
Mighty Viking Helmet - 1,100
Cozy Viking Coat - 2,410
Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on

Comments

• LuckyAyla (US1)LuckyAyla (US1) US1 Posts: 16
    Flax - 5
    Sardines -3

That's all I got for now.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Flax - 5
    Sardines -3

That's all I got for now.
    Thank you. :)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @ninjahuman (AU1) although this is currently data gathering only we thought this better fitted FAQs and Tutorials
    @ninjahuman (AU1) although this is currently data gathering only we thought this better fitted FAQs and Tutorials
    Thanks. That sounds good.
  • Where is the Northern Lights Farm & how can I access it?
    Where is the Northern Lights Farm & how can I access it?
    The northern lights farm is a temporary farm where you can collect northern lights coins and use them to purchase themed buildings or other resources. You can access it from the world map, but you have to be level 30 or above to play it.
  • Marty63 (AU1)Marty63 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 16
    what is going to happen to the runestones, are they going to be removed after the farm is finished?
    what is going to happen to the runestones, are they going to be removed after the farm is finished?
    From what has been said, the runestones should not be removed. Only the northern light coins should be removed after the traders (northern lights farm trader and runestone trader) leave.

Here is where I received the information from. This situation occurred as described above for the previous temporary farm, the festive farm.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    All the new coins will be removed 7 days after the event end

Runestones will remain

However there is no event where you can earn them
    They remain in Mystery Boxes and will be given as rewards
    All sale prices of each item are now available in the first post.

It appears from a very quick look that every recipe can be produced non-stop sustainably now, so producing the cozy viking coat appears to be the best option. I will probably post more information about this topic in the future.
    Here is a set-up that allows you to produce any recipe you wish as much as you would like without skipping production in the workshop:

I think the 3rd field is not necessary though.
  • You are short a couple of tasks in the last chapter.

What are the chances you can fill them in today - Jan 25, 2022
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @Tracker143 (US1)

Ch 3 task 4 is;
    collect 19,200 sheep wool
    collect 38,400 dung
    reward  2,500,000 coins

I have not yet finished this task, but historically task 5 was to;
    begin viking coat production 16x
    collect 19,200 wood
    collect 2,304,000 runestones

- - - so, based on how this event as looked so far, I would guess that collecting coats & wood will be the same, or at least very to the same quantities, and some amount of coins will be needed too. 
    edited 25.01.2022
    You are short a couple of tasks in the last chapter.

What are the chances you can fill them in today - Jan 25, 2022
    Thanks. I have added Chapter 3 Task 4 and Chapter 3 Task 5 in.

@Tracker143 (US1)

Ch 3 task 4 is;
    collect 19,200 sheep wool
    collect 38,400 dung
    reward  2,500,000 coins

I have not yet finished this task, but historically task 5 was to;
    begin viking coat production 16x
    collect 19,200 wood
    collect 2,304,000 runestones

- - - so, based on how this event as looked so far, I would guess that collecting coats & wood will be the same, or at least very to the same quantities, and some amount of coins will be needed too. 
    I feel like they made the Chapter 3 tasks too hard. I have had to use seaweed fertiliser on the berry orchards and sheep pastures in order to complete the tasks while they were doable before without using gold. I'm not saying they still aren't, but it is far more difficult than it was previously and tasks 3 and 5 use almost 8 days worth of production in the workshop in order to complete the tasks, unless you don't sleep or use gold of course.
    (me working through your comment - LOL)

viking coats take 4 hours in a level 4 workshop
    so, if one can login & harvest at say 8a, 12p, 4p, 8p - that is 4 harvests a day so task 5 could take 4 days
    (or 8a, 6p, 10p = 3x/day, so 5-1/2 days to complete)

task 3 for 1920 coats is still 16 harvests, but my workshop was only level 3 so it took me longer
    if I would have gotten it to level 4 earlier, I may have been able to finish that one in 4 days as well making a total of 8 days
    (me working through your comment - LOL)

viking coats take 4 hours in a level 4 workshop
    so, if one can login & harvest at say 8a, 12p, 4p, 8p - that is 4 harvests a day so task 5 could take 4 days
    (or 8a, 6p, 10p = 3x/day, so 5-1/2 days to complete)

task 3 for 1920 coats is still 16 harvests, but my workshop was only level 3 so it took me longer
    if I would have gotten it to level 4 earlier, I may have been able to finish that one in 4 days as well making a total of 8 days
    Yes, it depends on the activity amount. You can reduce the number of harvests for the third task with a handbook and having the production ready at the start of the task, but it still far worse than before. I only need 15 harvests because I have the level 1 handbook, but it is still tough even if you are active.

Another possibility is playing for around 15 hours a day and skipping an hour of production to be able to achieve five productions per day. But only a handful of players are active enough to be able to do this.
  • What happens to all of the event humus, feed and fertilizer i purchase using the hammer coins?

Same question for the festive farm purchases?
    edited 28.01.2022
    @Tracker143 (US1)
    Unfortunately it is not saved for the next event. You will need to use it before the event is up, or lose it.
    (meaning the items for use on the event/temporary farm will not save in inventory - all items bought for main farms use will save in inventory until used)
    Here is another design that replaced a winter field with a seal pond:

The stone mill is at level 3, but there is a level 3 house you can upgrade to take the stone mill level 4 if you would like.
Sign In to comment.