Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

large chicken coop

Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
edited 26.09.2021 in Suggestions
can the large chicken coops be add to the WWC coin store, ducks are there, why not the large chickens?  Also whilst at it the large cow sheds as well

Comments

• How do you get these large chicken coops?  I can see colossal and capacious on the autumn wheel can we get them anywhere else?  There is also a chunky chicken
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    These large chicken coops (Colossal and Capacious) can be obtained from the Autumn Wheel of Fortune and the Chunky chicken coop can be obtained through the Autumn CC/MLs.  They are rare so jump in and play the wheel and the CCs! :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 29.09.2021
    thanks for info, but our co op will never get to ML and no way will I spend enough to get 1 through the WoF, these are for big gold buyers only then.  May as well forget about them unless they become available from WWC coins or even on super sale I might get interested
  • lol... I just found a chunky chicken reward in the CHWE last Hard work reward now I have seen their output forget all I said previously, they are total rubbish absolutely good for nothing.  1 candy chicken produces more in 39mins then a chunky chicken does in 2hr 20mins.  Would never put 1 on my farm if you paid me....lol
  • Just as a matter of interest, does anyone have 1 of these on their farm and if so what is their advantage, I see none.  It actually looks to me as if there is a '0' missing off the end of the output of eggs.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I have the chunky chicken coop out for the simple reason I like how it looks.  
  • As far as I can see, the chunky/capacious/collosal chickens are not so great for the quantity of eggs you get when flipping them (compared to candy chickens running the whole time), but instead are better for the amount of eggs you get for 5 seaweed feed :)

Personally, I love my colossal, and my chunkies as well, as I never really flipped chickens much, so 2.33H long production times are great I think :)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I have one that I am still upgrading. But it is very expensive to upgrade and the time needed to upgrade is enormous.
    I doubt very much if this is worth it
  • @Kimmiecat (NL1)  would you like me to post numbers on why it is NOT worth it?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    @Kimmiecat (NL1)  would you like me to post numbers on why it is NOT worth it?
    I have looked at the numbers.....and I know it is not worth it. But for others that might doubt whether to place it....numbers are always welcome.
  • I will first do Chunky chicken
    level 9 chucky chicken no books produces 378 eggs, with level 6 book 432 on normal feed for 2hr 20 mins
    it takes 64 squares or 1 slot in chicken chalet.  I will compare to normal chicken but candy chickens are the best chicken available (all mine are candy)

in 2hr 20 normal chicken can be harvested 10.7 time, but lets say 10 give some time to replant.

level 9normal chicken no book produces 61 eggs/13mins, level 6 book, 115.  so in just 7 harvest with no books you have produced more than 1 chunky chicken IF it is in you chalet.  If on Main farm it takes the space of 2.5 normal chickens so then you only have to harvest normal chicken 3 times in 2hr 20mins to get more eggs.

If you have level 6 books this becomes far worse. as it only take 4 harvest of 1 normal chicken to produce more eggs but again if on the Main farm not in chalet you only got to harvest your 2.5 chickens twice in 2hrs 20 mins

so for both 2hr 20 min this is what you get (remember this is only normal chicken not candy, if you compare to candy then these number get way worse)
    level 9 chunky chicken 378 or 432 with book
    in chalet  normal          610 or 1150 with book   
    on Main farm              1575 or  2875

That is a massive reduction in egg out put per 2hr 20 for a prize you have to work for, only good for bin

the other 2 large chickens are not much better

And before someone says it, you get more with seaweed feed.  If I was going to get eggs using seaweed I would use on my duck FAR more eggs per feed
  • I will first do Chunky chicken
    level 9 chucky chicken no books produces 378 eggs, with level 6 book 432 on normal feed for 2hr 20 mins
    it takes 64 squares or 1 slot in chicken chalet.  I will compare to normal chicken but candy chickens are the best chicken available (all mine are candy)

in 2hr 20 normal chicken can be harvested 10.7 time, but lets say 10 give some time to replant.

level 9normal chicken no book produces 61 eggs/13mins, level 6 book, 115.  so in just 7 harvest with no books you have produced more than 1 chunky chicken IF it is in you chalet.  If on Main farm it takes the space of 2.5 normal chickens so then you only have to harvest normal chicken 3 times in 2hr 20mins to get more eggs.

If you have level 6 books this becomes far worse. as it only take 4 harvest of 1 normal chicken to produce more eggs but again if on the Main farm not in chalet you only got to harvest your 2.5 chickens twice in 2hrs 20 mins

so for both 2hr 20 min this is what you get (remember this is only normal chicken not candy, if you compare to candy then these number get way worse)
    level 9 chunky chicken 378 or 432 with book
    in chalet  normal          610 or 1150 with book   
    on Main farm              1575 or  2875

That is a massive reduction in egg out put per 2hr 20 for a prize you have to work for, only good for bin

the other 2 large chickens are not much better

And before someone says it, you get more with seaweed feed.  If I was going to get eggs using seaweed I would use on my duck FAR more eggs per feed

Dazzling duck coop (level 8): 1874 eggs/25 seaweed feed

Collosal chicken (level 8): 674 eggs/5 seaweed feed

5 x 674 = 3370 - 1874 = 1496 / 1874 = 79.82% more eggs for the same amounts of seaweed feed :)

Plus, you can also use the powerhouse for +50% from stables, which will only affect the the big chickens :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 29.10.2021
    true but how many of us can get colossal chicken.  I will never get 1.  ONLY large chicken I can get is chunky, which are only good for bin and I don't get anywhere near enough seaweed feed to worry about using on missions. but then I hate missions all together now.

Missions are total thing of the past, players just buy tonnes of WoF tokens and do very few mission.  What is the point of even doing a mission, when you know that payers just going to spin the wheel 4K times and get more RP the you can by doing missions all day
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • True enough, though you must admit that there is a barrier to entry to get a dazzling duck coop as well, albeit a bit smaller one.

Also 5 seaweed feed on chunky chickens gives 482 eggs x 5 = 2420 eggs

and 25 seaweed feed on a dazzling duck coop gives 1874 eggs, which means that the chunky chickens still gives 29.14% more :)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    If you look at the benefit of having chicken coops, it is to harvest them frequently as they have short harvest time amounts (13 minutes). In fact, it was even possible to get more dollars per square than cooperative apple orchards before booster badges existed if you harvested the chicken coops extremely actively.

In my opinion, we have to compare this to candy chicken coops as players can now collect a reasonable number of these every time the candy farm comes around. In fact, if your cooperative often ranks well in the village fair, you will get a lot of these candy chicken coops. I already have around 30 of them in my storage from that event alone.

But with what Dark Underworld is saying above, this is already unnecessary. Removing handbooks from the picture results in 59 eggs (not 61) for a regular chicken coop and 378 eggs for a chunky chicken coop. So 7 harvests from a regular chicken coop already gives more eggs, but this can be done in under two hours so the chunky chicken coop.

A colossal chicken coop at level 9 can give 510 eggs. I can't remember how many a level 9 candy chicken coop gives, but if you are going to have a whole bunch of chicken coops then it is reasonable to throw in a handbook and even a level 5 handbook combined with level 1 candy chicken coops is going to out-perform the colossal chicken coop (84 vs 546 eggs per harvest, 7 harvests of these chicken coops still out-perform one harvest from the colossal chicken coop.)

Now it is clear that any type of the larger chicken coops are not suitable for regular harvesting. The only other option is for seaweed use like The Best King said. But a downside of managing it like this is that you cannot harvest them as fast as just using seaweed on larger duck coops. So it's not practical if you are trying to push at the end of some mission. Maybe it is practical if you need to hit some set amount, but I don't know how often you have to do that and often this kind of thing can be avoided by managing duck coop harvests. It is still a possible benefit though.

But it is extremely hard to collect the capacious or colossal chicken coops. Chunky chicken coops are relatively accessible, but their harvest amounts are not that great to suggest building them.
  • I went thru all the calculations on the egg producing stables for my coop at the beginning of the fall season, assuming no books and no powerhouse tractor. I calculated eggs/hr and eggs/hr/square and eggs/seaweed and eggs/seaweed/square. The per square numbers are not really relevant if you have the stable in a community building. I only had numbers on the chunky as I realistically will never win any of the other large chickens. The chunky by far has the best egg/seaweed numbers, start the powerhouse and it is even more dramatic a difference. Candy chickens have the best eggs/hr/square number. Small ducks just edge out the chunky for eggs/seaweed/square. The dazzling duck was the best at eggs/hr but the large ducks are also the worst at eggs/hr/square.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I have won a few Chunky Chicken Coups, and I love them for the simple reason I don't have to keep clicking on them to harvet. As I keep them in the Chicken Chalet, they take up almost no room at all. I still have a ton of smaller coops which produce well enough. As another has said, I don't flip the chicken eggs that much, getting all the eggs I need from my ducks. To be honest, though, i really don't want any more of them as they take up a lot of space.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    Just as a matter of interest, does anyone have 1 of these on their farm and if so what is their advantage, I see none.  It actually looks to me as if there is a '0' missing off the end of the output of eggs.
    Hi Dark,
    I've got 3 Chunky in my Chicken Chalet with 2 Irish & 5 Tropical in the other Chalet, Chunky Chickens are to big to have out of the chalets & upgrade price's & long construction times put them in it's not worth the effort class,  with eggs I prefer duck eggs, much better return.
    I've got 9 Chunky & 32 Irish, Tropical & Candy sitting in storage that will never be used
Sign In to comment.