Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The complete (ish) guide to booster tokens.

The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
edited 04.03.2021 in Tutorials and FAQs
First thing's first, please be aware that the dairies and therefore the booster tokens and the
dairy market are only available to players that are at or above lvl 150. 

So if you're not at least lvl 150 or you might be lvl 150 very soon, this information will probably not
be of much use to you for a fair while.

Anyway, i'm sure you have things to do so let's get right into it, i've organised the information into
2 groups to save you time, basic is how do you get booster tokens, how do they work and a few
more specifics, advanced is about using them in for events and other stuff that you might not
know.

Basic

What are booster tokens? They're basically something that you can add onto certain buildings and
then once those buildings are ready to collect you can collect more of a certain type of produce.
For more in-detail information you can look at the Advanced section.

So, with everything that was added so you can get booster tokens, there's basically 3 parts to it,
the dairies, the dairy market and the booster tokens themselves.

The dairies are pretty simple, they have 9 lvl's, you can build a max of of 3 on the main farm,
you can't build them on any other farms, you can produce 8 items in them, at the first lvl you can produce 2 items,
the second you can produce 4 different items and then the other 4 items are added a rate of 1
item/lvl until level 6.

I guess i forgot to mention, the dairies produce items that you can use to complete dairy market contracts.

The dairy market is a little bit more complicated. It only asks for the items that you can produce in
the dairies and each contract slot (you have 6, the same as the other market) has it own bonus.
This replaces the usual way of 6 different contracts each asking a different number of types of
items from 1 - 6. 

Instead, what the contracts asks for (how many items and how many types of items) and gives in
the form of booster tokens increases the higher your bonus is. 

It is important to remember that each contract slot has a different "bonus counter", so contract #1
could have a bonus of 10 while contract 5 could have a bonus of 2.

You start at bonus 0 and to get to bonus 1 you need to complete 8 contracts, from bonuses 1-10
you only get quality 1 tokens, from bonuses 11-20 you get quality 2 tokens and sometimes some
quality 1 tokens and from bonuses 21 and up you have contracts with quality 3 tokens and
sometimes quality 1 and 2 tokens.

Please be aware that my own bonus is only at 26 right now so i don't know if you what happens if
you reach bonus 50 for example.

Like the fish and the organic market, as the bonus climbs you get more time to complete your
contract, and also even after reaching bonus 21 the time it gives to complete the contract as well as
the number of tokens, the quality of tokens and the amounts of items asked for will increase.

Please notice that when i just said "the quality of tokens" will increase, i don't mean that you can
get quality 4 tokens, though i have by no means gotten the highest bonus possible so i can't be sure.

What i mean is that although past bonus 21 you will be getting quality 3 tokens you can still get
mixed into the contract rewards some quality 1 and 2 tokens so the higher the bonus is the more
likely you are of getting quality 3 tokens instead of quality 1 and 2 tokens.

Although having to complete 168 contracts in a single contract slot to get to bonus 21 and start
getting some lvl 3 tokens might seem like a lot, well that's probably because it is but there are 2
things you can do to help yourself get there faster.

1, try and complete only the contracts in 1 contract slot so instead of having contracts slot's at
bonus 7, 10 and 9 you can have a single contract slot at bonus 26. Of course, if you see some
good tokens as a reward for completing a contract in a different slot, don't feel that you shouldn't
ever complete them, it depends on how badly you want to get to bonus 21 and how good those
tokens might be.

2. There is a trick, if you start a contract and don't like it, instead of declining it, which would take
you down 1 contract, if you let it run out it actually counts as if you completed it, for example, if you have a bonus 3 contract that needs 5 more completed contracts to make it to bonus 4.
If you decline it, you'll soon get another contract but it'll need 6 to get to bonus 4, if you complete it,
the same thing will happen but you'll only need 4 to get to bonus 4 and if you let it run you will also
only need 4 more completed contracts.

So, now that you know how to get booster tokens, how can you use them?

First, you must know that you can only use them on the orchards and stables on the main, gourmet
and flower farm, that means you can't you use on any fields, gardens, meadows, windmills, silo's, composter's, mixing plants, distillery's or shops. 

And you can't use them on any nurseries.

Also, you can use any type of booster token on any of the buildings that you can use the tokens on,
so you can use cherry tokens on chickens or angel trumpet tokens on olive groves. And of course,
just because you can't put tokens on fields, gardens or meadow's doesn't mean that tokens for all
the things that you can plant on them don't exist. 

This makes them very useful in missions when you don't feel like flipping all your fields, you can
use some rutabaga tokens or some alfalfa tokens.

To use them, click on a building (must be a stable or orchard) and click on the token button with a
cow picture in the middle of it that is just above the "info" button.
Then, a split-tab opens, one half is your stored tokens and the other half are the "added" tokens.
In the "added" tokens half, you can "attach" tokens to different types of feed.

I like to think of the different types of feed as levels. For cow's, there's the premium feed level,
there's the super feed lvl, there's the short cow feed level and there's the normal feed lvl, each type
of feed has a different lvl with a (sometimes) different amount of storage spaces for tokens and (sometimes) different breaking %.

To "attach" tokens, click on the token you want to attach and then click on the token storage space
next to the type of feed you want to "attach" it to.

Please remember that there is no lvl for seaweed feed, you can't attach tokens to seaweed feed,
 sorry :(

Breaking % is the chance of getting a token "broken", if you put a cow normal feed with a token attached and the breaking % is 20%, when you harvest there's a 20% chance that that token will
get broken, while the token being broken will not effect that harvest, any future harvests will act as
if the token is not there, since it's broken. 

Also remember, if you had put 2 tokens instead of 1 token, there would still only be a
20% chance of having a broken token, it some not amplify with the amount of tokens you put,
the breaking % is the chance of having a token that is broken after you harvest, not the chance of
each token breaking.

Once a token breaks you can either fix it with gold (or dollars if you have the loyalty subscription) or
you can replace it with another token. The replacer token does not have to be the same type as the broken token.

It might seem obvious but i must mention, if you "attach" wildflower tokens to premium feed, you'll
only get wildflowers when you collect the cow after it has been put in premium feed, if you put it in
with normal feed you won't collect any wildflowers, unless you added wf tokens to normal feed as well.

Advanced

There are a few anomalies with the booster tokens.
For example, for the sake of making point #1, i'll round the numbers and say that that most tokens follow the pattern of: Q1 (quality 1) = x1, Q2 = x2 and Q3 = x 3, so if Q1 gives 1K, Q2 should give 2K and Q3 should give 3K of whatever type of produce that type of token gives.

However, with the tokens of the normal seeds for the main farms fields, that means the tokens that
are, wildflowers, corn, rutabaga, alfalfa, cabbage, it goes in a pattern of: Q1 = 1, Q2 = 2, Q3 = 4.

There are 2 exceptions to this anomaly, the first is wheat, it's numbers goes like this: Q1 = 170
wheat, Q2 = 340 wheat, Q3 = 500 wheat.

The second exception is wf, while Q1 = 2500 wf, Q2 = 5000 wf, i cannot actually say that Q3 = 10K
wf since to the best of my knowledge there is no quality 3 wf token in existence, as far as i've seen
it's the only type of token that does not have a Q3 token.

I did say that for the sake of making my point i rounded the numbers since, while some other tokens
like donkeys, barley, wax, honey, peaches almonds and others have the 1, 2, 3 pattern, quite a few,
like goldflowers, roses, sunflowers, cherries and vanilla seem to not follow religiously the 1, 2, 3 pattern.

Especially the event seeds, sunflowers are 20, 35, 50, roses are 30, 60, 85 (pretty close though, i
have to say), beans are Q2 = 40, Q3 = 70 (i do not have Q1 right now).

Just to say that while for main farm normal seed tokens the pattern 1, 2, 4 is good mostly and for
most of the other tokens the 1, 2, 3 pattern is followed exactly or at least closely there are some who
it's like people just decided what would be a nice number for that quality instead of following a pattern.

In terms of placing tokens, i tend to put the better tokens (for me, wf and alfalfa) on the cherries and
peaches since they have such a low breaking %, and the other good tokens such as corn, rutabaga, pigs and the Q1 alfalfa token on my cow's.

Of course i use premium feed and fert as it gives lower breakage in some cases and i don't want to always be collect 5K of ruta when i want to collect some milk.

For me, wf tokens are the best of the best since they can be used in the vf, cc, chwe and hwe, alfalfa
is 2nd best since the special seed version is pretty bad for seaweed and i don't flip seeds in my fields too much, it can also be used the same as wf except it seems to me it's a bit harder to get so i don't use it for vf at all.

Corn and ruta are next, because they can take a lot of seaweed when you need to complete their missions all cc and you can use them the same as alfalfa, corn seems harder to get than ruta.

Last but not least pigs is good, about as easy to get as ruta but only good for cc and maybe vf.

So that's good to keep is mind when completing contracts, for me a Q2 wf with a Q2 pigs would be better than a Q3 corn with a Q3 rutabaga but maybe you'd like option 2, it all depends on your farm and how you normally play events and everything.

The only other tokens besides corn, rutabaga, wf, alfalfa, pigs, eggs and milk (milk is good-ish, it gives a pretty low amount but it's better than a peach token :) that are good is barley and dandelion, i haven't tried them out too much but i think they might be good for the hwe's and vf's.

Goldflowers are also good but only because you can sell them for a good bit of money, almost all of
the other tokens are pretty bad and you can just get rid of them by adding them to pigs or apples and they'll soon disappear.

EDIT: Though i wouldn't be surprised if people start finding out some good uses for booster tokens,
like 2 i forgot to mention before, while the Wax and Honey tokens are not nearly good enough to complete by themselves a honey or wax task in the speed event of a weekly event (unless if you had a very large amount of lvl 3 tokens of honey/wax) they could make themselves very useful in completing the task.

Also i have changed my strategy to putting still putting wf's in peaches and alfalfa in cherries but
since they're pretty much as useful and maybe even harder to get, i'm also putting my Q3 (quality 3) tokens of pigs, ruta and corn into some cherries and peaches as well.

I must mention though that while i have no proof i think that maybe you'll be able to donate tokens to
santa's workshop so maybe you should save the useless Q2 and Q3 tokens to get some good deco's
in the workshop though i can't promise anything, we might not even have a workshop this year :D

Thank you very much for your time, if you have any questions, i'll try to get them answered, i hope
you enjoyed this guide and that it was useful, have a great day :)

Ps. For those who just unlocked the dairies, need a refresher or are too busy too look at every type
of building, here are the rough breaking % for most buildings:

Cherries and peaches = 5 - 20%

Cows and ducks = 10 - 20%

Donkeys, almonds, olives, citrus = 30 - 50%

Pigs, goats, chickens i would say are 70 - 90%

Please be aware that these are not perfect, exact numbers, i'm not counting in short feed/fert as it would almost always go to 80/90% and i haven't done them for special buildings like Big duck,
Big cow and Chunky chicken but they should be relatively similar to those of similar production time.

And i must say, the tokens are most definitely worth it :wink:

EDIT (31/12/2020):

Due to a short supply of buildings (cherries and peaches) to put my tokens on, i'm now going to only use the cherries and peaches for Wildflowers, Alfalfa, pigs tokens as well as 1 cherry for ruta tokens that i will replace if i can get some more Q3 alfalfa tokens :)

Bonus 40 is the maximum bonus and the max time/contract is 12 hours and 8 tokens of course.

You can get 8 tokens in a contract slot once you have bonus 35 in that slot and the contracts start having a 12 hour run time once the slot is above bonus 30.

Hope this'll help someone a bit, have a great day :)

PS. New updates and discoveries will be posted as a new comment in this discussion as i don't think you're supposed to change the original post in a discussion, as well, i don't think it gives any notifications when you edit a post or comment.
Post edited by The Best King (INT1) on

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    An excellent Guide !  :smiley:

I've moved you into Tutorials
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Thank you @The Best King (INT1) for this :)

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I agree! It is very comprehensive too! Thank you Best King!  :D
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    wow... great info
    and the time it took you to write it down
    thank you for that
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 21.11.2020
    Thank you so much, i'm very happy that you like it, i'll try and keep up additions as i learn new information and strategies :D
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    This is pretty cool!
  • This is pretty cool!
    Great to hear :D
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 08.01.2021
    New discovery: The minus "("inverted") contracts.

Please be aware that you might or might not have any minus contracts, me and another member in my coop had 1 minus contract but a different member had 3 minus contracts so i don't think the minus contracts are "rationed" out to everyone in an equal quantity :)

It seems that while some/most of dairy market contracts can be anywhere from 1 to 5 contracts away from getting to the next bonus, some contracts can be "in the minus".

This is when instead of being 3 or 5 contracts away from getting to the next bonus it shows that it's -3 or -5 contracts away from "bonusing" up.

Also there seems to be no limit to how much it can go into the minus, it doesn't just stop at -5, though before i "fixed" my contract it was only ever as far as -29.

These "minus contracts" work oppositely than the "normal contracts", if you have a minus contract at -10 and you complete it, it'll go to -11, if you let it run out (start the contract and let it run out) it'll go from -10 to -11, and if you decline the contract, it'll go from -10 to -9.

In case you don't know, for normal contracts, if you decline them, it'll go from 5 contracts until you bonus up to 6 and if you complete it or let it run out it'll go from 5 to 4 contracts to go.

When i brought my minus contract to 0 contracts to go by declining it many times, after the half an hour wait time it appeared with a brand new bonus (it was bonus 24 and now it's bonus 25) and it acts like a normal contract as well as it showing that there's 5 contracts to go until it bonuses up.

So, it seems that to "fix" the minus contracts, all you have to do is keep declining them until they reach 0.

In terms of why they're there, the theory so far is that it has to do with when they changed the amount of contracts needed to bonus up from 8 contracts to 5 contracts, possibly if you were at 1 or 2 contracts to go, it changed to minus because you'd already completed that bonus level and that kinda messed up the counter.

It could also be if the contract had 6, 7 or 8 contracts to go, it's hard to know, either way, at least we know how to fix them now! :D

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you very much @The Best King (INT1) for posting this walk-around on this matter for us as I had 2 contracts that have been going backwords.
  • @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) I'm glad that it helped, i can understand that there are probably quite a few people that have had contracts affected by this bug and it's not an obvious fix.

Good luck getting your contracts back to normal, at least it only takes half an hour between declines :)
Sign In to comment.