Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 28th - Update - A Gold Lock, a Gift and a Gorilla! - Discussion

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here

Comments

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 26.03.2019
    Thank you for the gold lock at last! Now, after all these years, I feel confident I can finally recommend this game to a friend who I know would have too much a temper if he accidentally spent gold.

Question: Does the new level of farm machines give us anything new besides a decreased cool down period?

BTW, one of the best updates to date. Am definitely looking forward to it.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 26.03.2019
    Comes on 28th march ... 2 days from now.  Nice

Lately GGS is doing really good. 2 cc per month ... now gold lock ... that is great.

Just 1 more thing needed ....  Some advertisement of the browser game ... so that people in the world know there exists a nice farming game. Fun to play ... not like the mobile harvest which I just hate.

Add farm machines for GF as well
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    One of the best updates ever  <3
    Keep making the game better :smile:

• yacine18 (GB1)yacine18 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 238

Thank you for the new update. :)

Really, that is very wonderful I like it.
    the gold lock would be nice and useful
    Finally we will be able to spend the gold safely.

for me ;  park theme is the best update.

so we will have so much fun soon .

happy farming all :)

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The last VF gave me (and some others) huge memory problems, every 2nd time I opened the VF the game crashed. Do you know if this has been found and fixed @WascallyWabbit ?
    The other changes to VF look interesting  :¬)  A bit swings and roundabouts perhaps but hopefully they will balance out.

• I really want to feel positive about this update and the gold lock sounds great, but changes to the top rewards for the VF - I have a horrible feeling we have waved bye-bye to the 3 gml's (I really hope not as they made it worthwhile) Theme park? not for me I'm afraid - plenty of theme park games out there but I chose farming instead - personally I'd have rather seen a new farm than a theme park but thats just my feeling.
  • Question: Does the new level of farm machines give us anything new besides a decreased cool down period?
    @Rusty Farmer (AU1) Yes, the upgrades will follow the same pattern as previous ones, so for the machines that you activate, it will reduce the cool down time, for the Retro classic it will increase happiness, etc

The last VF gave me (and some others) huge memory problems, every 2nd time I opened the VF the game crashed. Do you know if this has been found and fixed @WascallyWabbit ?
    The other changes to VF look interesting  :¬)  A bit swings and roundabouts perhaps but hopefully they will balance out.

@Uncle John (GB1)  Response from QA: "Unfortunately memory and performing issues are going to be there yet"

Regarding the changes to VF Boosters, here are some more details:
    Increase booster % earned in challenge support
    Increase booster % received in WoF
    Reduce booster time earned in overproduction
    Reduce costs for booster time bought
    Increase minimum booster time amount bought
    I really want to feel positive about this update and the gold lock sounds great, but changes to the top rewards for the VF - I have a horrible feeling we have waved bye-bye to the 3 gml's 
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1) Response from the Balancer: "No I didn't remove anything valuable from the activity reward line"

:)

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    A good update indeed 
    Just one good question what about the gmls in the activity rewards we are going to get those right ???? Or they become a dream to non gold users like me :neutral:
  • Is the new event coming in April? Or don't you know anything about it.
  • A good update indeed 
    Just one good question what about the gmls in the activity rewards we are going to get those right ???? Or they become a dream to non gold users like me :neutral:
    They said this: 
    "No I didn't remove anything valuable from the activity reward line"
    GML's are valuable for me. So I think that they will stay :):smile:
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    There is written "I didn't remove" wascally become a dev when???stefanjoosse (NL1) said:
    A good update indeed 
    They said this: 
    "No I didn't remove anything valuable from the activity reward line"
    GML's are valuable for me. So I think that they will stay :):smile:

• Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 26.03.2019
    Thanks for the gold confirmation screen :#:p;)

""Some more fixes to improve the performance issues in HTML5""
     Im hoping this will reduce the game lag / game crashes i was experiencing with the Village Fair event.
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Just read wascally's post, it was the balancer who said nothing was removed.

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I really want to feel positive about this update and the gold lock sounds great, but changes to the top rewards for the VF - I have a horrible feeling we have waved bye-bye to the 3 gml's (I really hope not as they made it worthwhile) Theme park? not for me I'm afraid - plenty of theme park games out there but I chose farming instead - personally I'd have rather seen a new farm than a theme park but thats just my feeling.
      Yup I have a feeling the fun is over. While its confirmed that nothing valuable was removed from the reward line I get a feeling the points to get the valuable reward have been rebalanced and made unattainable. I guess we find out on the next run of the VF.
    Let's wait and see. We might be pleasantly surprised to find they are more obtainable, not less.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Some time ago, when they increased the need for tools, they also decreased the availability of them, unless you paid for them with gold. With the new tractor levels, I hope they will consider reinstating the previous drop rates for them as well as increase the numbers of them given as rewards.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Let's wait and see. We might be pleasantly surprised to find they are more obtainable, not less.
    and since when has this been the case in your recent memory

my recent memory recalls all gmls in other events (eg fishing and normal hw to name two) have been made more difficult

best of luck with the optimism
  • I really want to feel positive about this update and the gold lock sounds great, but changes to the top rewards for the VF - I have a horrible feeling we have waved bye-bye to the 3 gml's (I really hope not as they made it worthwhile) Theme park? not for me I'm afraid - plenty of theme park games out there but I chose farming instead - personally I'd have rather seen a new farm than a theme park but thats just my feeling.
      Yup I have a feeling the fun is over. While its confirmed that nothing valuable was removed from the reward line I get a feeling the points to get the valuable reward have been rebalanced and made unattainable. I guess we find out on the next run of the VF.
    Just remember the event is about 1/2 as long in duration, that should mean all rewards are tougher to earn.

The top rewards for final ranking stunk when compared to Champs rewards.
  • Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    edited 27.03.2019
    Another great upgrade to Big Farm and thanks for the gold lock
    If farm machines booster amount has not been increased from 80 % to something more like 120 % for amphibian and pht, then I don't see much value for me in it.

Just reducing time and adding 1 lvl for that is just not enough. But I want to wait and see.
  • If farm machines booster amount has not been increased from 80 % to something more like 120 % for amphibian and pht, then I don't see much value for me in it.

Just reducing time and adding 1 lvl for that is just not enough. But I want to wait and see.
    @TMKC (IN1) Upgrades to the farm machines on tab 2 reduce the length of the cooldown period, but the ones on tab 1 increase happiness, certificates, RP, workers, FXP & storage, so an extra level does bring some good stuff :)
    edited 27.03.2019
    If farm machines booster amount has not been increased from 80 % to something more like 120 % for amphibian and pht, then I don't see much value for me in it.

@TMKC (IN1) Upgrades to the farm machines on tab 2 reduce the length of the cooldown period, but the ones on tab 1 increase happiness, certificates, RP, workers, FXP & storage, so an extra level does bring some good stuff :)
    Happiness ... dont need it ... have decoless farm
    Certificates ...dont need it ... have not much use and 100k + in inventory
    Rps ..............dont need it ... dont play CC , as rewards arent good
    workers ........ this is good....
    FXP .............. dont need it
    storage ......... good if it increases at least 500 ....

If Production machines bonuses were increased and to activate them a higher amount of gold was needed ... say 1000-1200 ... that would have been nice.

Still ... it is a good addition .. something is better than nothing.

stack, amphibian to 3 hrs and pht to 2 or 1 hr would be nice

• @TMKC (IN1) It is true that not everyone needs everything, I am sure that for lower level players the benefits will have more of an effect. Reducing the cool-down for the active machines does increase the bonuses,  The shorter the cool-down, means you can re-activate the machine again more quickly, so the amount of bonus time per hour over a day would be higher.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    The extra level of machine will be fantabulous :)

Curious how many i will be able to upgrade with my actual 300 ish toolbox
    edited 27.03.2019
    Always been a huge fan of extra storage space  <3  and happy that we get some extra workers too  .
    Have more than 1.7k tools saved up for it  B)

Cooldown period reduction will be greatly useful during half timers :smile:  . Nice changes, if possible add farm machines for gourmet farm too in future :smile:  .

Any indication of the cost of level 8 machines?
    edited 28.03.2019
    Really nice that PHT can be started every 1 30 hrs once :smile:  , stack every 5 hours once and amphibian every 3 hours once :smile:  . Just 320 tools needed for all the tab 2 machines in total . But the tab 1 machines take too much time 1 day+ doing them slowly . 

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 28.03.2019
    Right, very nice stuff :))

its pretty much an extra 15% RP for everyone, lots of people will reach further in rewards 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Right, very nice stuff :))

its pretty much an extra 15% RP for everyone, lots of people will reach further in rewards 
    Yep, I love the new tractor levels (300 more storage on the RoadRunner, 15% more RP & Certs, +35 Happiness on the Retro Classic, 5 hours on the StackMaster now).. Really nice.

And of course the Gold Lock is a very welcome addition. I set mine to 1 gold to test it, it seems to work.

Be careful of that "Don't Show This Again" checkbox on the confirmation window though - if you check that, it turns the Gold Lock back OFF and you have to go turn it back ON again (or run the risk of spending gold when you don't mean to) :)

Speaking of which, the default for the gold lock (after the patch) is OFF, so make sure you specificially go in and turn in ON. :)

All in all, good patch. :)

Now if only they would reduce the frequency of the popup windows.. (yes, I'm going to keep harping on it.. I'm tired of 10+ popups every hour). :)
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 28.03.2019
    i see the new VF ranking system building on younder hill

so basically you've brought back the leagues - which you got rid of to remove medals from the game, part of the 'remove as much as possible good free stuff from the game' that was mirrored in the hw reward 'balancing'

so we have the same scenario but without the previous medals/'free' stuff

you took a long way round to try and make that look totally unrelated lol

a con's a con, and that's a pretty transparent one
Sign In to comment.