Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

No more Architect ?

Comments

• Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 08.02.2019
    Just found this when i logged in to the game .
    No information regarding this here , so just wanted to clarify @WascallyWabbit @PicklePaws @RowdyRac

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 08.02.2019
    And that Start all button ... i think that is great if what i think it is ...

It will come free in Personal Subscription

Dont need the architect here anyways ...
  • NormaHelen (US1)NormaHelen (US1) US1 Posts: 262
    Both changes sound great. I would like more details. The message said see forum if you want to know more. I do want to know more but can't find anything on this forum about these changes.

Mods, can you tell us more about this?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.02.2019
    @Rocky123 (IN1) Same here. Would like some information about it. Sounds to good to be true. There's gotta be a catch!  ;)
    Here is the other change for those that didn't see it yet:

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 08.02.2019
    @Rocky123 (IN1) Same here. Would like some information about it. Sounds to good to be true. There's gotta be a catch!  ;)
    Of course there's a catch! LOL!  They aren't retiring Steve, they'll probably be bringing back a new and more expensive, harder to use version. The title to the announcement reads "Architect Upgrades." :)

OR, they might be adding more levels to everything, which means, like before, they are raising the levels at which you'll need Steve.
  • edl6 (US1)edl6 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    Maybe Steve's older and it's his time to retire?
    Maybe Steve's older and it's his time to retire?
    The title (not visible in Rocky's post) is "Architect Upgrades."
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Here is the other change for those that didn't see it yet:

Notice that it's a BLUE Button. :)

Hopefully they'll include it in the Personal Subscription. :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Yes, am looking forward to seeing the forum Official Announcement about both these items :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    The way I see it is they cannot go and make the last 2 levels of all buildings cost gold, they would have a riot for sure. So many of us have had the last 2 upgrades cost dollars for all these years, granted the building wasn't a gold upgrade in the first place.

The way it sounds to me is they will just get rid of the need for the architect all together and that will solve the 2nd build slot coin problem for them.

As far as the "Start all" button goes, it's a way for them to boost sales of the Personal Subscriptions.
    I wonder if they accidentally made this announcement early. There is no announcement of these changes on the forum, the architect is currently on the farm, and there is no new button for restarting things. Hopefully someone will be in soon with real answers.

I am hoping that start button will be included in the subscriptions. Its getting to the point where there is just too many things to restart.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.02.2019
                                                                     Steve "taking a break".  :D

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    It's after 6 pm there and the office is closed so we will have to wait all weekend to find out.
     Hopefully someone will be in soon with real answers.

It's after closing time on Friday at GGS, so we might have to wait.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    There is most surely a catch. Architect uppgrades will cost gold from now on? Or. Must have subscription to get hold of the upgrade option?

Ofc we wonder so why announce it before the info about it really is to be found at the Forum?

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Convenience buttons are always blue without subscriptions

And becomes green with the subscription :)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Whats the catch GGS ?
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    wow also when did subscription prices increase ?
  • When Steve started to regularly show at the beginning and end of events for a full day he sort of worked his way out of a need to show and go.
    wow also when did subscription prices increase ?
    Subscription prices haven't increased for us. Raising any prices for subscription on our server will only reduce the sale of already subscription which is very few now
    The way I see it is they cannot go and make the last 2 levels of all buildings cost gold, they would have a riot for sure. So many of us have had the last 2 upgrades cost dollars for all these years, granted the building wasn't a gold upgrade in the first place.

The way it sounds to me is they will just get rid of the need for the architect all together and that will solve the 2nd build slot coin problem for them.

As far as the "Start all" button goes, it's a way for them to boost sales of the Personal Subscriptions.
    If a start all button is included in the personal subscription, it will surely increase sales. I have talked to many players on our server, and everyone was hoping that a button to sow fields automatically be introduced. Nobody likes sowing wfs on 30 fields again and again.

I was wondering if I have to click on repeat harvestor individually on all orchards and cows .... Or will start all repeat ... Repeat harvestor ... repeatedly.

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 08.02.2019
    @NormaHelen (US1)  NO WAY!!!!    GGS does not make mistakes. 
    That is where GGS and I are the same, absolutely perfect.

I am presuming that they are just getting rid of Steve, a lot of long time players don't need him any more, very few players I feel don't use gold to rush upgrades ANY more, so I just think GGS has decided to retire him due to very little gold income any more from his visits.  I think this will be a good thing.  As for the Replant I will wait and see what other info we get about it, in particular if it will be included in Subscription package.  If not in package, then this will just be ignored by me.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I sure hope they don't go to another gold only thing.  It's hard enough to save enough farm cash to get these high upgrades.  Then wait for the blasted architect.  That's part of the game.  But if this becomes a pay only thing, it may be time for me to find another past time. 

Hoping they come up with higher upgrades.    AND graphics to go with them.  Not like last time, level 7 and 8 houses look the same.  Kind of a let down that was.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 08.02.2019
    Since Steve will be taking a break, this gives ALL farms a chance to upgrade their buildings at a much faster rate than the long-term-high-level farms took to upgrade their buildings.   I wonder if their data is showing a loss of interest with mid-level farms not spending gold to speed up upgrades during Steve visits.

Maybe its a ploy to level the playing field amongst high-level farms vs. mid-level farms,  and generate closer competitions where the long-term-high-levels farms have dominated in several consecutive events.   I feel it would be fair to increase the max upgrade level for buildings to 10, 11, 12, since some of the high-level farms have already max-upgraded their buildings and haven't needed Steve for a long time.

Just my 2 cents.  :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    What is the "start all" button......where is the announcement or detail?  Will the convenience package cover it, like the harvest all button?
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 08.02.2019
    Yay!  I am optomistic about this one.

Benefits of not needing Steve

1.  Farm no longer held back because Steve isn't around to do an upgrade.

2.  No longer waiting for Steve to show up and go to do an upgrade, then discover you aren't a high enough level to do    
         the upgrade.

3.  No more lost construction coins we earn fair and square, only to lose them because Steve isn't around to use them, as we continue to earn more and wait for Steve, which results in lost coins.

Did I miss anything?  Woo Hoo, Kudo's to GGS on this one.  :)
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Lol He is just going to change his workoveralls from red to blue 
  • @darren24 (GB1)  LOL but they are already blue

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file