Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion to enable and disable use of handbooks

Please consider adding an option so when we select a handbook in the library, we have a choice to turn it off or on. So for example, if we wanted to harvest less than normal for whatever reason, this would now be possible. And each handbook can be individually controlled to be on or off and then can be on when bought by default.

Please consider this suggestion. I would love for this feature to be added into the game.

Comments

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    That's a bit good idea but if one forgot to on then what will happen :*:*:*:*
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I don't understand why you would want to  
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    That's a bit good idea but if one forgot to on then what will happen :*:*:*:*
    That's a good point, but I think that players who will use them will get used to remembering to put them back on again.

I don't understand why you would want to  
    This could have quite a few uses, especially for cases where you want to harvest as little as possible. For example, say you get a barley box in the cooperative hard worker event in the middle of the day. You could just harvest the minimum amount of that item and then move to the next box when it runs out. The problem is that with the ways that boosters work with fields, the handbook bonus is applied after the edge plant penalty, greatly increasing the amount of time we have to stay on that box. With my suggestion above, we can turn the handbook off while we harvest the barley so that we can still have a small harvest amount. Otherwise it becomes ridiculous when for example I have to now spend over 31 minutes on barley when I used to be able to pass it in about 18 minutes. This suggestion will counter the bad situation that the new booster order created.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    @ninjahuman (AU1)
    U are quite right on that but still there are people who don't remember much things 
    Can this suggestion please be reconsidered? It would be very useful.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Wet field with Leprachaun pranks .... use this to decrease output ... for now ...
    Wet field with Leprachaun pranks .... use this to decrease output ... for now ...
    Thanks. I use wet fields at the moment but I cannot really find other players that have leprechaun pranks so it is a bit of a pain that some handbooks make some boxes in the hard worker events last longer.
  • BigSparty (US1)BigSparty (US1) US1 Posts: 256
    Thanks. I use wet fields at the moment but I cannot really find other players that have leprechaun pranks so it is a bit of a pain that some handbooks make some boxes in the hard worker events last longer.
    No way, pranks can never have a practical use. /sarcasm

No way, pranks can never have a practical use. /sarcasm

It would probably be best if they could allow us to turn the handbooks on/off and remove pranks since I have heard of some sad things that have happened with pranks in the past and they rarely get used in a positive way.
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I was thinking of this idea too. Would love for this to be implemented into the game!! great idea Ninja!!! 
    edited 15.01.2020
    Is there any more news about this suggestion? I would be interested in purchasing more handbooks if this was added but at the moment I don't really want to as they will affect me negatively in the hard worker event.
    It would be great if we could use this feature. It would help a lot with the hard worker event and the cooperative hard worker event. I'm also not purchasing handbooks for cabbage, jasmine etc. until this feature exists because it will have a negative impact in those events.
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I will like this feature to be added!
  • I have thought about keeping a field level 1 just to get smaller harvests to get past things in the HWE that I don't want to do. Temporarily deactivating handbooks would be a feature I would use. If some players cannot remember to reactivate then they don't have to use it. Using the skip button gets expensive and I really wish it did not exist. The event would be a little more skill and strategy based instead of who skips the most, pure fantasy I know.
    edited 22.05.2020
    I have thought about keeping a field level 1 just to get smaller harvests to get past things in the HWE that I don't want to do. Temporarily deactivating handbooks would be a feature I would use. If some players cannot remember to reactivate then they don't have to use it. Using the skip button gets expensive and I really wish it did not exist. The event would be a little more skill and strategy based instead of who skips the most, pure fantasy I know.
    It's very useful to have a lower level field, garden and meadow to pass boxes quickly. I have all of these already but it can be difficult to pass some boxes quickly if you get handbooks for specific items. A while ago they changed it so the minimum harvest amount is even larger which makes it more difficult in this situation.

Unfortunately, players will still be able to skip boxes after getting the bonus point to get very high scores. However, it can become more realistic to get 20+ bonus points per day if the feature above is implemented and the player is very active.
  • monks (US1)monks (US1) US1 Posts: 594
    I think that it would be a great idea; it would be very useful for the HWE!
    Please re-consider these suggestions. I would have purchased some more handbook levels for some items like cabbage, barley, jasmine etc. but it will make the performance in HWE and CHWE worse overall. Being able to enable and disable the use of handbooks would help a lot in situations like those.
    Is there any news about this feature? It would be extremely useful.
    Hi. Is there any news about this feature? It would be an extremely useful addition to the game and I hope that it can be implemented very soon.
  • Toggling  of HBs ( on/off) : 
    Basically HBs are good BUT in certain CHWE boxes like Wheat , Cabbage it takes about 40-50 sw humus to gain extra point So instead many players ( like me ) collect the lowest possible harvest from say a wet field which gives 9 wheat and the box ends in like 30 seconds. However I have Wheat HB and it gives me 69 + output So the Wheat box goes on for like 20 mins and then I lose my position in rankings So like booster badges , if there was any way we could use the booster which we want and remove the HBs we don't need or just toggle them off/on would be helpful.
    Thank You ! I would request you to consider this :smile:
    Toggling  of HBs ( on/off) : 
    Basically HBs are good BUT in certain CHWE boxes like Wheat , Cabbage it takes about 40-50 sw humus to gain extra point So instead many players ( like me ) collect the lowest possible harvest from say a wet field which gives 9 wheat and the box ends in like 30 seconds. However I have Wheat HB and it gives me 69 + output So the Wheat box goes on for like 20 mins and then I lose my position in rankings So like booster badges , if there was any way we could use the booster which we want and remove the HBs we don't need or just toggle them off/on would be helpful.
    Thank You ! I would request you to consider this :smile:
    It would be great if they could add this feature. Now I do not really try to get a high score in the hard worker events anymore, but it would be extremely useful for those that play it like you said.
Sign In to comment.