Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Oktoberfest - Ludwig Coins & Upgrades

RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
Oktoberfest just started and it wiped out out all (over a million) of my Ludwig coins.
What happened to having a trader for those coins? 
I get that having them rollover from one event to the next can be a game breaker but to lose a million coins is crazy.

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    How do you upgrade the buildings, i have enough coins but when i try it says i dont have enough gold for that, and i am not upgrading anything else on my farm ???
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    You have to earn coins. New coins apparently. Not those left over from last time.
    It wiped out all of mine from last time when I tried to upgrade
    edited 16.11.2018
    mine are still in my inventory, and there are others in my coop getting same message when trying to upgrade, it is only allowing upgrades in gold !!! im not doing the event they can keep it looks like another buggy event and not wasting my time on it.
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 16.11.2018
    Why an oktoberfest in november?????
    Christmasevent cannot, with one button,  I don't play,  was that an fantastic event.
    Post edited by Maggiltilda (NL1) on
    and it wont let you upgrade using dollars for all us it will only accept gold.
  • RobAnybody (US1)RobAnybody (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    My coins were there when Okfest started but I reloaded and then they were gone. I have earned new ones and they are counting and I can upgrade with them. But the 1.1 million I had  from last time are gone
    yes ours have just cleared now not good start though is it !
  • all my 'saved' coins are gone too - I should have known better than to try and play it - as with absolutely everything right now, there is another problem.  If I made even a 1/4 of the mistakes GGS do, I'd be out of a job by now.  The whole situation with these errors is beyond ridiculous.
  • danial7 (GB1)danial7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
     all my coins have gone i had 650,000 and why do we have to use gold you have ruin thew event
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Wasn't it posted somewhere that the Ludwig coins would be removed after the event ended? I think they probably just didn't get around to it until the new event started. 

I'm not participating at all this time, other than to find the lazy worker (sometimes he hands out gold), and fill the occasional contract with what he gives me. At least we got to keep any leftover dishes.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Wasn't it posted somewhere that the Ludwig coins would be removed after the event ended? I think they probably just didn't get around to it until the new event started. 

I'm not participating at all this time, other than to find the lazy worker (sometimes he hands out gold), and fill the occasional contract with what he gives me. At least we got to keep any leftover dishes.
  • ty Artful for the info.  I admit I hadn't read that bit, as I thought we were able to save our coins to use on the 'multi currency' trader due in December.  Still not all that impressed though - even though they did say as much way back - a reminder would have been a pleasantry.
  • @RobAnybody (US1)  The coins reset at the start of the event, otherwise you could just start off doing all the upgrades, but now they will be stored in your inventory and you will be able to spend them until the next event starts. 

@uksharon (GB1) You should not have to use gold, if you are referring to the error message saying "not enough gold", that is a display error & reloading your game should fix it.
  • CMMD (US1)CMMD (US1) US1 Posts: 35
    I had 53 construction coins.

I upgraded something on the Viking farm--that doesn't affect the construction coin slot.

I then noticed that we could upgrade the carts in the co-op village. The construction coin slot doesn't show up there, either, so I figured it was safe to do that.

However, apparently, that is not true because I lost all my construction coins. I think the construction coin slot should show up in the co-op village If construction coins are going to be taken when something is upgraded. The coins are so hard to collect and hold onto until Steve finally shows up. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    edited 18.11.2018

I upgraded something on the Viking farm--that doesn't affect the construction coin slot.

I then noticed that we could upgrade the carts in the co-op village. The construction coin slot doesn't show up there, either, so I figured it was safe to do that.

However, apparently, that is not true because I lost all my construction coins. I think the construction coin slot should show up in the co-op village If construction coins are going to be taken when something is upgraded. The coins are so hard to collect and hold onto until Steve finally shows up. 
    Taken from http://crazybigfarm.tk/index.html  http://crazybigfarm.tk/how_to/how-to.htm#One_time_construction_slot
    It does say that the Co op Village does has it's own building spot but nothing about events running in there ;)
    There's always a catch  :D

ONE-TIME CONSTRUCTION SLOT
    The new slot will appear as a tab on the original building slot window.
    Construction tokens will be available as Hard Worker rewards in events. Only 52 tokens can be stored in your inventory and each use of the One-time construction slot costs 50 tokens.
    Once you have collected enough tokens the next construction will be activated in the One-time construction slot, which will deduct 50 tokens it costs to build that item. You will then be able to start an additional construction to your Universal construction slot.
    PLEASE NOTE: As soon as you have 50 construction tokens available, any item you choose to construct will always be sent to the new construction slot first, even with a low construction time.
    A dialogue will inform you when you have enough tokens to use the slot so please plan accordingly and your building slot will have a green outline like the image shown on the right.
    This includes decorations with a rebuild time, such as decos with VHP. Library books can only be upgraded/built one at a time and you will be unable to upgrade 2 books at once in the construction slot.
    The image on right shows that I have 59 construction tokens available, don't be fooled, once you log off all tokens will be removed from your inventory that accede 52 like shown in the image below.
    This dialogue will pop-up when you have enough tokens to use the One-time construction slot.
    The One-time construction slot is not available on the Cooperative village or the temp farms. The village has it's own Construction slot and the Candy, Tropic & Viking farms have their own Island construction slot that cost 56,000 to activate.

WARNING: We do not have any control over when our hard earned construction tokens get used so be very careful to keep watch of how many you have so you don't waste them on a 2 second decoration.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @Data King (US1)

The OctoberFest Booths don't use the Village upgrade slot though, they definitely use your own, personal construction slot.  If you start an upgrade and go back to your main farm, you can see the booth upgrading in your construction slot.

This means that if you have more than 50 coins, it will use them and throw the Booth Upgrade into your 2nd slot, pretty much wasting the coins since it's only a 10 minute upgrade. I had this happen to me when I upgraded my first booth. I went from 53 coins to 3 and wondered where they went, then I noticed the booth was upgrading in my 2nd slot.

I blame no one but myself; I knew it used my personal construction slot and I should have realized it would use the 2nd slot if it was available, I just didn't think about it. :)

(No great loss, I'm back up to 30 coins already, I'll definitely open the slot again during the next HWE). :)
  • The kiosk upgrades should not use the token slot at all IMO, no one would "choose" to use 50 tokens for such a short upgrade, so if they did, it would obviously be an accident. :/

They manage to make the temporary farms use the regular slot & ignore the token one, so they could do the same thing for the Oktoberfest & for decos, if they really wanted to prevent accidents & not upset people.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The kiosk upgrades should not use the token slot at all IMO, no one would "choose" to use 50 tokens for such a short upgrade, so if they did, it would obviously be an accident. :/

They manage to make the temporary farms use the regular slot & ignore the token one, so they could do the same thing for the Oktoberfest & for decos, if they really wanted to prevent accidents & not upset people.
    Great idea Scissors. As you say, the code is already there for the temp farms.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

Taken from http://crazybigfarm.tk/index.html  http://crazybigfarm.tk/how_to/how-to.htm#One_time_construction_slot
    It does say that the Co op Village does has it's own building spot but nothing about events running in there ;)
    There's always a catch  :D

ONE-TIME CONSTRUCTION SLOT
    The new slot will appear as a tab on the original building slot window.
    Construction tokens will be available as Hard Worker rewards in events. Only 52 tokens can be stored in your inventory and each use of the One-time construction slot costs 50 tokens.
    Once you have collected enough tokens the next construction will be activated in the One-time construction slot, which will deduct 50 tokens it costs to build that item. You will then be able to start an additional construction to your Universal construction slot.
    PLEASE NOTE: As soon as you have 50 construction tokens available, any item you choose to construct will always be sent to the new construction slot first, even with a low construction time.
    A dialogue will inform you when you have enough tokens to use the slot so please plan accordingly and your building slot will have a green outline like the image shown on the right.
    This includes decorations with a rebuild time, such as decos with VHP. Library books can only be upgraded/built one at a time and you will be unable to upgrade 2 books at once in the construction slot.
    The image on right shows that I have 59 construction tokens available, don't be fooled, once you log off all tokens will be removed from your inventory that accede 52 like shown in the image below.
    This dialogue will pop-up when you have enough tokens to use the One-time construction slot.
    The One-time construction slot is not available on the Cooperative village or the temp farms. The village has it's own Construction slot and the Candy, Tropic & Viking farms have their own Island construction slot that cost 56,000 to activate.

WARNING: We do not have any control over when our hard earned construction tokens get used so be very careful to keep watch of how many you have so you don't waste them on a 2 second decoration.
    I will add a warning on the Oktoberfest and the How-To page stateing that the food stand upgrades do use our personal and one-time build slots. I should have mentioned it before but to be honest I didn't pay that close attentio last time it was here and for that I am sorry.

One would figure that the food  stand upgrades do take part on the village and they should use the village slot. With the long upgrades on our village buildings it would be very hard to get the upgrades done so I am sure that is why they have done it that way.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    The kiosk upgrades should not use the token slot at all IMO, no one would "choose" to use 50 tokens for such a short upgrade, so if they did, it would obviously be an accident. :/  (...)
    Great idea Scissors. As you say, the code is already there for the temp farms.
    Agreed!! In fact I think the oktoberfest upgrades should be completely separate altogether from main farms AND temp farms..
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! I can see how this would be upsetting. I've made sure to raise the topic with the team and maybe we can make some improvements for a future run of the Oktoberfest.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file