Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

HTML Feedback

Comments

• paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    wascally,
        I shifted to HTML this morning to resolve the problem with food truck event. A book offer was going on in flash,and I again noticed there was no such offer still in HTML. This seems hardly fair to me. Aren't you going to do something about this ?
  • sdduk (US1)sdduk (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    edited 14.11.2018
    Hi Guys 
    Still having same problem with screen colour change google chrome all up to date.
    Screen freezes and goes blank for a second or so then colour changes and screen comes back also when i go to the next farm its fine its really strange whats happening like i said before it doesn't happen using Flash only HTML. 

http://tinypic.com/m/k9tn4n/2
    Post edited by sdduk (US1) on
  • The text in the NEWS and DESCRIPTION sections of the Cooperative Overview window change and makes a mess of what I have in there.

Also I had some members complaining that the timers for coop championship boosters were disappearing.

You guys should really put a greater effort into fixing obvious bugs that have no relevance to the browser being used before releasing anything.

MAGNETIX

• Am on an i-mac, using chrome and the game is totally unplayable.  It takes minutes, and I mean minutes, to harvest even one field.  Had to swap back to html due to the bug on the food truck event, and in 3 minutes I got to harvest 4 fields, but couldn't replant - awful, terrible, horrible and every other nasty you can think of!  Back to the happy land of flash for a while now!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Am on an i-mac, using chrome and the game is totally unplayable.  It takes minutes, and I mean minutes, to harvest even one field.  Had to swap back to html due to the bug on the food truck event, and in 3 minutes I got to harvest 4 fields, but couldn't replant - awful, terrible, horrible and every other nasty you can think of!  Back to the happy land of flash for a while now!
    I had to quit playing on my iMac/chrome.  It was unplayable for me, as well, and it's a really high-powered iMac. I'm now on my PC which is a bit better. But today, with all the events going on, nothing is moving. Can't harvest, can't move anything -- logged and rebooted severall time with no change. I'm forced to quit playing for a few hours.
  • Am on an i-mac, using chrome and the game is totally unplayable.  It takes minutes, and I mean minutes, to harvest even one field.  Had to swap back to html due to the bug on the food truck event, and in 3 minutes I got to harvest 4 fields, but couldn't replant - awful, terrible, horrible and every other nasty you can think of!  Back to the happy land of flash for a while now!
    I had to quit playing on my iMac/chrome.  It was unplayable for me, as well, and it's a really high-powered iMac. I'm now on my PC which is a bit better. But today, with all the events going on, nothing is moving. Can't harvest, can't move anything -- logged and rebooted severall time with no change. I'm forced to quit playing for a few hours.
    Thanks for that Artful - I was thinking there was something really wrong going on - sometimes its reassuring to know you are not all alone!  Yes, this is a high powered mac too - so I am curious as to why html5 isn't working for us.  I sneakily tried a couple of other online games and they seem to work ok - but don't know whether they are html5 or not - it doesn't say and I wouldn't know where to start looking to find out.  
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Prime Sale missing in HTML Version of game:

FLASH:

HTML:

The "Prime Sale" is missing in the HTML Version (which is 30% off Apple Orchard handbook).

Browser version isn't going to matter, but here it is anyway:

• paroma (IN1)paroma (IN1) IN1 Posts: 45
    What southern said, I already pointed out in 2 previous posts, but of course they don't even bother to acknowledge. Those who are playing in HTML have already missed a lot of prime sale offers, books at 50% too.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    What i have observed apart from none of them being fixed is that there appears to be less downtimes for fixes  than ever before.

Fixes on HTML are now done simultaneously with Flash, we do not need a separate downtime for HTML so you won't notice more downtimes in HTML than Flash. We have also fixed various and many issues in HTML but as I've mentioned before the priority of the more obvious issues, such as the blurry assets people report, while very important to us to get repaired are also lower on the list than other issues that cause greater problems to player accounts. As an example, if players are unable to play an event or even login due to an HTML issue then we would place that issue high on the list. We are also getting nearer to the point where a lot of the bigger performance issues are resolved or massively improved and the ones that are being reported most often are being worked on, so the HTML version is improving in performance for more players and we are now trying to tackle the issues felt by smaller amounts of people, which also happen to be the most obvious and visible issues in the version. It's getting there!
    CM Hunter, I play on a touch screen  computer not a mobile device, the fact that the touch screen doesn;t work and rhe curser still gets stuck in various places in a fist when you try to move around much makes these search events almost impossible
    It's very possible then that this is related to the touch screen device you are using. We didn't design the game with this in mind particularly. But I would also guess you're therefore on Windows 10 and using the Edge browser? If so, try using a different browser and maybe your mouse cursor will behave a little better on the touch screen. If I'm way off and you're not on Windows 10 or using Edge then it could still be worth trying an alternative browser but it would be great to know if this also happens when you plug a mouse in if that's possible!

@Southern (US1) @paroma (IN1) Problem is known to us and should already be fixed on our side, we'll try and put the fix live with our next update and then if you could report back after that to let us know if the issue still exists that would be top banana.
  • Hi Guys 
    Still having same problem with screen colour change google chrome all up to date.
    Screen freezes and goes blank for a second or so then colour changes and screen comes back also when i go to the next farm its fine its really strange whats happening like i said before it doesn't happen using Flash only HTML. 

@sdduk (US1) Do you mean the areas on the picture with plain green background & no grass or trees?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    As noted by @Southern (US1)  above...  again a book (lavendar) prime sale is missing now in HTML, it is in the Flash version.

back in html, went to the library and the lavendar book does indeed show the sale... hard to know to go look for it if you don't get the notice! LOL
    Hotfix seems to have fixed the disappearing boosters (in html) when one expires :)
    JVD (US1) said:
    Hotfix seems to have fixed the disappearing boosters (in html) when one expires :)
    Yaaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for the positive report, super helpful. :cookie: for you!
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 70.0.3538.102

With HTML I must keep watch to make sure my CC booster is active on my screen. Twice today I have had to refresh my game to get it back.
    edited 17.11.2018
    @CM_Hunter  sorry, I have to change my report... my boosters disappeared again today :(

EDIT: (i had no problem yesterday before CC when one expired, today with CC running is when they disappeared again)
    Post edited by JVD (US1) on
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I was mostly gone for 6 wks.  So sad to see none of the problems fixed.  I have really tried to use html, but I don't have the arrow cursor.  It's almost impossible w/ the lag to figure out where the "I" is to use it.  While in html I could not log into the forum. It wouldn't accept my info.  I use edge.. don't know the version and don't know why you would build a game that WE have to help the professionals to fix. I just assumed this would have been all cleaned up by now. I see all these events going on at once.  No one in my coop is interested in them any more.  Really sad to see people leaving because the frustration level is so high. 
  • MinionBob (GB1)MinionBob (GB1) GB1 Posts: 137
    System - HTML on Chrome 70.0.3538.102 

Noticed it a few days ago. The ship timer shows the ship departing in a few hours but the ship isn't showing at the dock. If you select the dock you get the correct menu to add items to the ship. Exit the menu without adding anything = still no ship. If you do add items the ship shows up about 50% of the time.
    Log out, clear all caches and log in. Ship shows up for the first time, then it's gone again and the cycle repeats.
    When it does show up, sometimes it's in the lower slip, next it will be in the upper one. 

I have begun having this issue too, beginning only yesterday though. I wonder if the running of the CC has caused it. I notice that the ship appears when loaded briefly, on its way out of the harbour.
  • Michiru (GB1)Michiru (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,239
    edited 19.11.2018

WHEN POSTING ABOUT A BUG OR PROBLEM
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE INCLUDE WHICH BROWSER YOU ARE USING

Thankyou :)
    My browser: google chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

HTML continous bugs: font size & clarity + misalignment issues.
    Not tragic, but keeps bugging the hell out of me. I understand because they dont technically affect game-play it's not high on the priority list, but PLEASE fix it. 
    I have mostly the arrow cursor now in HTML (yeay), but sometimes it still reverts back to "I" on some days. I haven't figured out yet why.

HTML: unclear, makes me doubt my eyesight:

FLASH: nice and clear. No need to get new glasses. Yeay. 

HTML: icon slightly misaligned (same with fields.. and boats... etc etc)

FLASH: Dang, check this, icon nicely centred

HTML: again, misaligned.. and the font is fuzzier than in flash. And this BUGS me. I'm no programmer, but surely this cant be too hard to fix?

FLASH: Oh look!!! It fits!!! And the writing is c l e a r.

Please forgive the humongous screenshots, im too lazy to re-size each of those pics..
    Post edited by Michiru (GB1) on
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    when Im playing in Html my cursor virtually dissapears.  There is still a little line but I can only see it under certain circumstances.  On the other hand the mini fishing game is much better in html than flash
    Hi Guys 

This is a result of slow loading, there's a lot of reasons for this but on your end it could be your hardware or internet connection speed for example. On our end it doesn't seem to affect every player so it's not a general issue at least, but performance and load issues are something we are trying to improve on at the moment. 

when Im playing in Html my cursor virtually dissapears.  There is still a little line but I can only see it under certain circumstances.  On the other hand the mini fishing game is much better in html than flash
    Oh dear! Which browser are you using? We had some issues with the cursor for those using Edge but I thought we had those sorted for now. If not, let me know and I'll forward it.

HTML continous bugs: font size & clarity + misalignment issues... 

I have mostly the arrow cursor now in HTML (yeay), but sometimes it still reverts back to "I" on some days. I haven't figured out yet why.
    The display issues I hope will be resolved soon, I know they are driving some people nuts. It also seems to be different per user, I for example have quite a clear view of things (not bragging! Ok, maybe a little ^^) but it's known, team is on it! About the cursor issue, as I said to Big Beck I'll forward that one. Bit annoying and thought we had it licked but it looks like that isn't the case.

I was mostly gone for 6 wks.  So sad to see none of the problems fixed.  I have really tried to use html, but I don't have the arrow cursor.  It's almost impossible w/ the lag to figure out where the "I" is to use it.  While in html I could not log into the forum. It wouldn't accept my info.  I use edge.. don't know the version and don't know why you would build a game that WE have to help the professionals to fix. I just assumed this would have been all cleaned up by now. I see all these events going on at once.  No one in my coop is interested in them any more.  Really sad to see people leaving because the frustration level is so high. 
    I would highly recommend trying another browser for now, issues have been repaired in the time you've been away and the experience has improved for many but we still have cases where things aren't looking much better than they were previously. You seem to be one of the unluckier ones unfortunately, but we're working on it still and your reports help us! If you could let us know what browser version and OS version you have that would be fantastic!
  • also on html i reapeatdly see sales in the library but there is no offer in the top left of the screen, plenty annoying for me since of i'm the lookout for good handbooks at a discount :rage:
  • yeah, first time I logged in with HTML it was soooo laggy, I switched to Flash, and I got kicked! I couldn't log on to Big Farm at all for a few weeks, it was horrible :(
  • can'y copy and paste in html in opera browser in big farm e-mail. i try to do this with info of the game to our players and can't so i end up changing over to adobe flash then i can do this
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    can'y copy and paste in html in opera browser in big farm e-mail. i try to do this with info of the game to our players and can't so i end up changing over to adobe flash then i can do this
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3982434/#Comment_3982434
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    can'y copy and paste in html in opera browser in big farm e-mail. i try to do this with info of the game to our players and can't so i end up changing over to adobe flash then i can do this
    I've been having the same issues. I have to copy whatever it is from the game, paste it into Word, copy that, then paste it back into my message. Not every time, but enough so that it can be a royal pain.
  • Just a minor note...

Any text entered in FLASH mode does not include the return characters for HTML.  This is why I was reporting the text issue.  This is also the same in the mails I send out.

The workaround is to switch to HTML mode whenever editing the coop description & news windows along with the coop emails I send out.

The text then isn't one continuous line.

MAGNETIX

Since today's update, the HTML misalignment has gotten more bizarre :D  

My browser: google chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Since today's update, the HTML misalignment has gotten more bizarre :D  

My browser: google chrome Version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
     me too , same thing over here, i am using chromium, not sure what version though, and i'n running on 32 bit.
     not just one but multiple :D  
This discussion has been closed.