Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Aug 15th- Welcome to the Village Fair; Walk right in! - Discussion

12729»

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The Village Fair must go.  It is making players unhappy, and for what?  

And it lasts way too long.  
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    It's "ALL GOTTA GO".  Too much to do at one time is making players unhappy.
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    3 GML is like the carrot suspended before the donkey. The donkey will run and run, but the carrot will always remain out of his reach.  :/
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    I have managed to be rewarded 3 GML's.. I did have shorter time for 72 hrs . What the problem is though some Coops are experiencing problems with lower level farmers starting undo able Challenges associated with the Village Fair.. May I suggest that we only allow Deputies to start Challenges?.. I have now removed certain players from my Coop as a result.. If changes are not made asap I will boycott future VF's
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

Have to disagree. I've made it to the GMLs every time. This (and the FHWE) is about the only event that I look forward to and put real effort and resources into. For me, the prize is achievable and worthwhile, my definition of a good event.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

Have to disagree. I've made it to the GMLs every time. This (and the FHWE) is about the only event that I look forward to and put real effort and resources into. For me, the prize is achievable and worthwhile, my definition of a good event.
    I'm with @Uncle John (GB1) on this event. Our co op does quite well in it, earning all kinds of good rewards. Like GML's, Gold Flower seeds & sea weed items out the ying yang :)

Our biggest complaint is that they run the co op events back to back. With no time to restock the items used during the last co op event. Not to mention the fact they have not reduced the amount of times they run the CC.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I'm with Uncle John on this one too.......unlike the CC where you can cheat rank positions by spinning a wheel or playing shinkei the VF involves strategy and teamwork. It also has excellent rewards.......the CC is the problem, NOT the VF!
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @Uncle John (GB1)  & @Data King (US1)   Could you share some information about your coops size and membership as well as your strategies that allow you to reach the GMLs prize in the Village Fair?   How many active players are in your coops?  What percentage are your boosters?  Do you build your boosters only through challenges, or do a lot of your members spin Monty's wheel?  Does you coop do the Long challenges, or only 30 minutes? What's the secret trick you don't want to post here (PM me  :)  )?

I am a fairly well developed Farmer in a rather modest coop and I can't get anywhere close to those prizes.  A fairly ambitious goal for my situation is prize #30 (18 Construction tokens) at ~64K points.   The GMLs at  ~382K points are just out of reach without changing something in my approach.  

Like you two, I like this event but wish I could reach those better higher rewards.  My coop usually manages to make top 5, with final coop score between 500K-600K (it is looking like 5th place will about a 850K this time and we will only be top 10).  The Gold Mystery Boxes for coop rank are my incentive in this event.  I'm one of the top scorers for my coop with 4 or 5 others doing the same as me, plus 10-15 others contributing as they can.

I'm not active on your servers, so I cant see info about the size and player strength of your coops.  I think because each coop member can earn a some additional booster % in each challenge,  the event structure is skewed a bit towards coops with a high number of active members, not necessarily high level players.  And I'm wondering if those players that find it easy to reach the GMLS are those that are in big coops, whereas small coops will forever struggle in this event.
    @Uncle John (GB1)  & @Data King (US1)   Could you share some information about your coops size and membership as well as your strategies that allow you to reach the GMLs prize in the Village Fair?   How many active players are in your coops?  What percentage are your boosters?  Do you build your boosters only through challenges, or do a lot of your members spin Monty's wheel?  Does you coop do the Long challenges, or only 30 minutes? What's the secret trick you don't want to post here (PM me  :)  )?

I am a fairly well developed Farmer in a rather modest coop and I can't get anywhere close to those prizes.  A fairly ambitious goal for my situation is prize #30 (18 Construction tokens) at ~64K points.   The GMLs at  ~382K points are just out of reach without changing something in my approach.  

Like you two, I like this event but wish I could reach those better higher rewards.  My coop usually manages to make top 5, with final coop score between 500K-600K (it is looking like 5th place will about a 850K this time and we will only be top 10).  The Gold Mystery Boxes for coop rank are my incentive in this event.  I'm one of the top scorers for my coop with 4 or 5 others doing the same as me, plus 10-15 others contributing as they can.

I'm not active on your servers, so I cant see info about the size and player strength of your coops.  I think because each coop member can earn a some additional booster % in each challenge,  the event structure is skewed a bit towards coops with a high number of active members, not necessarily high level players.  And I'm wondering if those players that find it easy to reach the GMLS are those that are in big coops, whereas small coops will forever struggle in this event.
    Our co op is mid size with 30 members of various levels from 20 to over 260. Most are some what daily players. Being able to play a few hours a day. We are still developing our co op through research. Have all the Main farm items done.
     It took us a few times through this event to get every one on the same page through trial & error. Once we were able to get things sorted out through teaching & showing our members.
     We start with Bronze level 1 star 30 minute challenges and work our way up to the 3 star challenges.
    By finishing in the top 5 most of the time we manage to earn Gold Flower seeds, GML's and a ton of seaweed items.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @Data King (US1)  - so Data, your coop sounds kinda like mine, and you are feeling well rewarded by placing top 5, but you are not saying that you and your  teammates are earning  your way up to the "3 GMLs" prize.  - Is this correct?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I have picked up all hard work rewards every single time in the Village Fair. A bit of planning beforehand and some strategy during the event is all it takes. There are certain crops that score a lot of points. Setting up your farm to take advantage of this and building the booster percentage goes a long way to getting the 3 gmls. I expect GGS will ruin this event soon with a dreaded "re-balance" but i'm enjoying the good rewards while they last. 
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    @Data King (US1)  - so Data, your coop sounds kinda like mine, and you are feeling well rewarded by placing top 5, but you are not saying that you and your  teammates are earning  your way up to the "3 GMLs" prize.  - Is this correct?
    I am in Funtastic Farms co-op along with Uncle John . We have 35 members , and usually about half will reach the GMLs in this event , so we rather like it, but it does slow the game right down .
    Basically, we have a challenge running whenever we have 5+ members online , the 30 minute ones tend to be easy but do not build your boosters up much , 1-2 hour challenges are much better for that  . Try to avoid the processing buildings as much as you can, often have unattainable amounts of product required .
    Make a note of challenges you found easy , especially ones with wild flowers .In the last couple of days , you can repeat these, you do not increase your bonus but you get the points and everyone can be forewarned what will be needed , you can make massive amounts of points very quickly as your boosters should be well built up .
    Its vital to get most of your harvests in during the time the boosters are active .Also note that you will get the 25% boost for every multiple of the required amount, for example say you need 500 eggs to fill a challenge, this earns your coop the 25% bonus and the booster increase shown . Next 500 eggs gives you the booster time for future challenges, and another 25% bonus . Each extra 500 eggs will give you another 25% , so don't stop just because sliders are full .
    Well if you are referring to the hard work reward part of the event for individual rewards we don't worry about them just being sure the team as a whole who takes part in the event get the better rewards 4 placing in the top 5.
    We get various amounts of GML's Gold Flower seeds and seaweed items just from placing in the top 5
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    It will be great if someone can take the time to post stuff like walkthrough that needs to be done in order to reach the 3 gml prize in village fair .
    Like what challenges need to be done on intial days and what should be done later ,etc by coop as well as indivduals .
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It will be great if someone can take the time to post stuff like walkthrough that needs to be done in order to reach the 3 gml prize in village fair .
    Like what challenges need to be done on intial days and what should be done later ,etc by coop as well as indivduals .
    I think that one good strategy is that you can do the 30 minute challenges with 1 field item at the start and just harvest enough to collect all the challenge support rewards. Then you can do the challenges with 2 field items and try to get wildflowers as much as possible. Maybe you can harvest wildflowers 5 times during the booster at the start and get lots of points. But make sure you always get both field items 100% complete so that you can get the booster for the next challenge.

All the players in the cooperative need to try to harvest enough to get the challenge support rewards as much as possible. But I don't think that you would need too many players to do this to get enough points for rewards like the gold mining licenses.
Sign In to comment.