Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Mar 8th - A Need for Speed with Seeds, New Themed Event Changes and More! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    P.S.  To all those complaining about the "pranks".  That is the word that they use, but there is no negative action that happens to you.  If you find the Leprechaun, you get a reward, which often is gold.  Or you can just harvest the item, and the hazy "prank" appearance disappears.  But it never harms your farming in any way.  No one is being harmed by not being able to opt out of the Leprechaun event.
  • noisy (US1)noisy (US1) US1 Posts: 210
    Ever since this Asia Event with the "speed" factor attached, my game keeps freezing up or stalling out and I have to refresh many times.  I even get this weird window when I clicked on the Asia Event "fan" tab, which seems to be connected with the Tropical Island farm.  After clicking the red X" button, everything froze up.

This is what you see if you are fast enough to finish task click textbutton I think to start the competition or just close it by clicking the X. This is one reason why I won't be doing speed with seeds because I'm not going to join something that doesn't show English to me so I can read it.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    P.S.  To all those complaining about the "pranks".  That is the word that they use, but there is no negative action that happens to you.  If you find the Leprechaun, you get a reward, which often is gold.  Or you can just harvest the item, and the hazy "prank" appearance disappears.  But it never harms your farming in any way.  No one is being harmed by not being able to opt out of the Leprechaun event.
    It does indeed mess you up if you are on a mission and it takes you forever to find the guy only to have him prank you again.  Or, you only have a little bit of time to play before you head off to your job, or want to go to bed, and you're stuck looking for him.  In the video, he said not to try to do every event, but this one is mandatory for everyone.  We need to be able to opt out.
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    edited 10.03.2018
    I'm just going to leave this here I guess.....

Vouchers??

edit: Also, can we get the Leprechaun House Skin for ranks 1-50 instead of 1-10? Its not really a trophy now that you can buy it in the Championship Trader, and there are not really any good prizes in the leprechaun event.

Post edited by qewt (US1) on
  • P.S.  To all those complaining about the "pranks".  That is the word that they use, but there is no negative action that happens to you.  If you find the Leprechaun, you get a reward, which often is gold.  Or you can just harvest the item, and the hazy "prank" appearance disappears.  But it never harms your farming in any way.  No one is being harmed by not being able to opt out of the Leprechaun event.
    How about looking before posting, Gavin. As artful said, the pranks do hurt, and it's not just the hunting. Collecting anything with said "prank" on it results in a reduction in harvest. I had to collect a pranked field of super humus wheat, just to get 22 wheat! That's not only annoying, but it's pathetic! This needs to be an opt out, cause hunting for him every few times a day is the opposite of fun, especially when there's punishment awaiting for failure (such as leprechaun is too well hidden/invisible).
    It does indeed mess you up if you are on a mission and it takes you forever to find the guy only to have him prank you again.  Or, you only have a little bit of time to play before you head off to your job, or want to go to bed, and you're stuck looking for him.  In the video, he said not to try to do every event, but this one is mandatory for everyone.  We need to be able to opt out.

Can't you just "not look for him" ?  I am not sure that I understand.  This morning, on my way out the door, I did not want to look for him.  I just collected the item with the haze on it and moved on.
    edited 10.03.2018

Can't you just "not look for him" ?  I am not sure that I understand.  This morning, on my way out the door, I did not want to look for him.  I just collected the item with the haze on it and moved on.
    Your Original CommentP.S.  To all those complaining about the "pranks".  That is the word that they use, but there is no negative action that happens to you.  If you find the Leprechaun, you get a reward, which often is gold.  Or you can just harvest the item, and the hazy "prank" appearance disappears.  But it never harms your farming in any way.  No one is being harmed by not being able to opt out of the Leprechaun event.

My Response: No, you cannot just "not look for him". The pranks DO take away from the product you would have gotten otherwise, that means you are penalized one way or the other, either by being forced to look for him when you do not want to, or by having reduced apples, milk, etc.

Now you might say, okay, just take the hit and have reduced apples, then you do not have to look for him... except that apples take 3 hours and one may have strategically planned for them to finish an apple task, say for a Themed Event that they DO actually want to play. Now because of this event which they have no interest in playing, they are delayed at least 3 hours from completing the event. That 3 hours COULD translate to 12 hours if they had planned to collect and finish right before bed, or it could translate, in the extreme case, to losing the event because you did not play "That Other Event."

That does not even mention how it could affect missions during your CC, or any other number of detriments that a prank really does have on your farm.

edit: this is my 100th comment!
  • P.S.  To all those complaining about the "pranks".  That is the word that they use, but there is no negative action that happens to you.  If you find the Leprechaun, you get a reward, which often is gold.  Or you can just harvest the item, and the hazy "prank" appearance disappears.  But it never harms your farming in any way.  No one is being harmed by not being able to opt out of the Leprechaun event.
    Re-he-he-healy!  I would call a 50% loss of production a solid HARM

Leprechauns are fracking EVIL!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 10.03.2018
    Not only that, when you find him and choose a pot of gold he also has a choice to prank you again.  He did it to me.  The first time I was pranked I lost out on 50% of my cabbage, I didn't want to look for him so I took the hit and the next time he pranked me it was my cooperative apple tree.  You can bet I looked for him because I wasn't losing out on something that takes so much work to get to the completed process. 

Such as, collecting the dung to make the fertilizer, to fertilize the field.  Then after all that time taken to get said fertilizer I still have to wait 3 hours to get the apples.  That is a sure loss when he pranks you on it.  Then when you find him and he pranks you again, you have to search again, sheesh.  I'm trying not to play this game much.  I'm trying to just come in and collect, restart, fill orders and collect on my daily tasks to get the cash and XP that comes along with it.  This game is adding to my time, lol.
    OK, so the amount does go down, but it is only on one item.  And it happens every 5 hours (if I remember that correctly), so how bad can that be?  And opting out of the event makes things unfair in one sense.  Shouldn't everyone have the same potential challenges, especially with a CC going on.

But what I am really aiming at is this......."IF" there is a list of things for GGS to do, can we not all agree, that optionality on the Leprechaun event should not be anywhere near the top of said list?  
    edited 10.03.2018
    OK, so the amount does go down, but it is only on one item.  And it happens every 5 hours (if I remember that correctly), so how bad can that be?  And opting out of the event makes things unfair in one sense.  Shouldn't everyone have the same potential challenges, especially with a CC going on.

But what I am really aiming at is this......."IF" there is a list of things for GGS to do, can we not all agree, that optionality on the Leprechaun event should not be anywhere near the top of said list?  
    No, I don't agree with that either. 

there are a lot of things that should be near the top of the list, and with GGS running 9 events at a time every week optionality on all of them should be one of them.

I don't want to play 9 events at once. Either make them optional or run them less frequently so that there are only 1-2 events at a time. Either solution should be one of many priorities.

edit: in the case of CC the only solution is to run it less frequently, however, because even if you did opt out you still lose 10% of your rep points every week.
    edited 10.03.2018
    Not everyone is in a Coop so CC means nothing to players like myself.  I just want to build my farm.  I don't want to be added to things I don't want to play.  Nuff said, we don't all want to play with the little guy, he can find someone who wants to chase him around.  I think the biggest complaint is that this is for 15 days, not 2 or 3 days.  That is a long time to battle with him while trying to play missions, and complete other events.  It is not really fair to run him when all this other stuff is going on, don't you agree Gavin?  I mean really, run him at the start of St. Patty's Day and when there is not so much other stuff going on.

Oh, and to answer your question about him running once every five hours.  Yes, it's that bad when you come in, you collect and spend only an hour or two on, then close out and come back later to be pranked again.  So, yes it is that bad when every time you log in you have been pranked and have to find this guy.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • OK, so the amount does go down, but it is only on one item.  And it happens every 5 hours (if I remember that correctly), so how bad can that be?  And opting out of the event makes things unfair in one sense.  Shouldn't everyone have the same potential challenges, especially with a CC going on.

I admire the fact that you admitted you're wrong, but that's still wrong. A, THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A FEATURE! Seriously, I thought we all went over this last year! NO ONE likes pranks, especially not when there's a CC running! Jeez, and for what it's worth, this event should have been run like last year's, Not these USELESS additions, cause last year, if I'm remembering right, the pranks didn't HALVE your output. That's pretty frustrating, and gives those with easy to find little twerps an advantage. So yeah, this event sucks. And let's face it, this deco for this year is likely going to Gretta for most of us, especially me, cause I can't possibly hold anymore, and I'm tired of dumping ones I actually like the look of. After all, the main point of a Deco is to decorate, isn't it? I prefer look and functionality, and this year's st patty day deco, at least to me, is neither.
  • As a few have said, last year many didn't like the pranks, and messing with items growing for CC, uhum--no thanks.
    It isn't that it is just 1 item affected; its the time lost esp. if done 2-3 times more. I'd be getting frustrated if it messed up my Weekly event being done or losing place in CC, wouldn't most? As an example of a field crop I wouldn't like half pranked, Sunflowers, as well as rice... that would be very frustrating me thinks....

• The leprechaun is annoying, yes. I don't mind him that much, because I could find him every time.
    However, what I don't like is that when I play the event missions,I click on it, my game freezes. I even had to restart my PC just now because of that freeze. PLEASE FIX THAT!
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Yes i'm having same issues with event :(
    He pranked me again on my main farm, I finally found him and he gave me a gift of sparkle on my apple tree.

• Yes i'm having same issues with event :(

Do you also have the problem that when you finish one of the missions, you can't complete it unless you login again? and when you finish, you have to login AGAIN because it freezes with the next mission?

I have that problem as well :(

• gwen62 (INT1)gwen62 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 27
    I'm also receiving strange message when i click on Asia event icon. Can't find away past it to continue event.
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    I'm also receiving strange message when i click on Asia event icon. Can't find away past it to continue event.
    We have a workaround for the broken event dialog. Open the dialogue from the event tent first instead of the task in the left panel.

That was posted by one of the mods yeasterday in another thread.
  • I want to report a bug with the new update.

The need for seeds and speed challenges and rewards button are not in English, are not aligned or are not understandable. When you click on the text button the game crashes.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I just got this message while harvesting this morning. Strange. 

• I'm also receiving strange message when i click on Asia event icon. Can't find away past it to continue event.
    We have a workaround for the broken event dialog. Open the dialogue from the event tent first instead of the task in the left panel.

Thank you for posting it here as well, it helps a lot, game doesn't crash like this! :D
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    After 25 min of search I didn't find anything  mean that little grreny man just how it is this time its hard to find 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @gwen62 (INT1) I got stuck at the same place, but I clicked on the Asia event in the field and the "I want it!" button and it cleared it.  :)
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388

Thank you for posting it here as well, it helps a lot, game doesn't crash like this! :D
    I second that, thankyou :)

• VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    I am still on the second step of the event because I have been away all day and I noticed that none of my dogs gave me any ink wash paintings....  Is anyone else having problems with their dogs?

• theric (US1)theric (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Can GGS at least limit the number of pranks on a round. 6 pranks in a row is ridiculous!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Can GGS at least limit the number of pranks on a round. 6 pranks in a row is ridiculous!
    I had eight once.  No lie. Was not a happy bunny.
Sign In to comment.