Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Hard Work Rewards should not be Ranking Rewards in disguise

qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
In one HWE the top prize was 50mil and the rank1 player made 44mil points. In other words, no one made the top prize, it was unwinnable. in the next HWE the top prize was 1.2mil and the top players again could not make the award. the next HWE had a top prize of 35mil points (is it really different every time?) and again no one made the top prize. Why have a prize that no one can win?

What is the real difference between a hard work reward (win x points and get prize) and a ranking reward (stay in place in relation to other players by end of event and get prize): a hard work reward should be available to the top 1% or so of players. Its availability is based on percent and not a hard number so that the more people who play the more people earn that reward. the reward should not be set at a price point that it unattainable because it is not guaranteed to be won by anyone. this is opposed to the top ranking award, which should be available to a very select few people, the top 5, that is the point of the ranking reward, that few people can attain it. on the other hand, people are guaranteed to win the ranking reward, if 100million players actually play the event but not one person makes more than 1000 points, it doesn't matter, because the top 5 players still get the prize.

I have attached a photo of the Candy Farm rankings on the US server, one pic shows the lowest ranking person with 11million vouchers. a little over 100 people made over 11million vouchers, which meant that they earned the Candy Trailer Prize Pack. the other pic shows the top 10-12 players, which also happens to show the lowest ranking person with 65million vouchers. 6 players earned 65million vouchers or more, which means only 6 players earned the Candy Cowshed Prize Pack. IF YOU WANTED for so few players to win the candy cowshed, why didn't you make it a ranking award for the top 5 or 10 players? IF you wanted for more players to be able to earn the candy cowshed, why didn't you make the price reasonable? as I see it, the top hard work reward should be available to the top 100 players or so, its not a ranking award, the candy cowshed prize pack should have been priced at the level of the Candy Trailer prize pack, or it should have been a ranking award. it does not make any sense for it to be where it is.

all of this does not even touch the championship coins which are supposed to be hard work rewards but which are cut into minor fractions by the ranking system.

Comments

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    Percentages will solve the problem with the constantly increasing number of players.  
    If there are only 1000 players on a server, it is not difficult to get a reward for top 50.  If there are 1 million players in another server, top 50 would be nearly impossible.  A reward for top 5% of players who have more than 10000 points would be fair for both servers.  
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 01.02.2018
    The issue is that the candy farm has a worse payout then the other temporary farms, while the amount of the currency needed to collect is the same amount as the others for the candy cowshed. What is even worse is that it is more expensive to use gold for the same amount of currency as you would in other temporary farms.

I am not even certain it is possible to collect the candy cowshed for under 100,000 gold. But in the tropical farm for example, I believe it is possible to get the tropical cowshed for under 20,000 gold.

But it is another question whether gold should be required to get these themed stables altogether. I believe only two or three players on my server have ever earned the candy cowshed from the temporary farm. In fact the candy farm is so difficult, I came 3rd on my server with only earning a bit over 28 million vouchers.

There need to be some big changes to the candy farm to even begin to compare it to the other temporary farms, at the moment it is not even worth participating in it when you can get a far larger amount of seashells/runestones in the other temporary farms with the same amount of effort.

Regarding the cooperative hard worker event, I know 35 million points will be very difficult to reach, the highest I have reached was about 14.3 million and that took a lot of seaweed and boosters to reach that. But I am not sure that the reward is worth using all the resources to get, I think you might want to consider increasing the decoration's storage booster to at least +500, otherwise it will not be a prize worthwhile aiming to get, it will only be a prize that players who use enormous amounts of gold will simply collect while trying to stay ahead of everyone else.

I am fine if there are hard work rewards available for only the players who use an enormous amount of gold, but I think that in fairness they should be very valuable and a very useful addition to your farm. The final prizes of the candy farm and the cooperative hard worker event do not meet that criteria at all. Yes, they are very useful, but they do not match up with the amount of effort required to earn them.
  • I am much in the same boat - I worked my butt off on the candy farm, spent more gold than I really wanted to and ended up with nothing really to show for it - it is very very difficult to get to the targets.  That said, I find most of the island farms cost a small fortune to get to the top prizes so I've given up even trying now - I just play them and get what I can - I'm not wasting any more gold trying for the 'real' prizes.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    edited 02.02.2018
    The issue is that the candy farm has a worse payout then the other temporary farms, while the amount of the currency needed to collect is the same amount as the others for the candy cowshed. What is even worse is that it is more expensive to use gold for the same amount of currency as you would in other temporary farms.

I am not even certain it is possible to collect the candy cowshed for under 100,000 gold. But in the tropical farm for example, I believe it is possible to get the tropical cowshed for under 20,000 gold.

But it is another question whether gold should be required to get these themed stables altogether. I believe only two or three players on my server have ever earned the candy cowshed from the temporary farm. In fact the candy farm is so difficult, I came 3rd on my server with only earning a bit over 28 million vouchers.

There need to be some big changes to the candy farm to even begin to compare it to the other temporary farms, at the moment it is not even worth participating in it when you can get a far larger amount of seashells/runestones in the other temporary farms with the same amount of effort.

Regarding the cooperative hard worker event, I know 35 million points will be very difficult to reach, the highest I have reached was about 14.3 million and that took a lot of seaweed and boosters to reach that. But I am not sure that the reward is worth using all the resources to get, I think you might want to consider increasing the decoration's storage booster to at least +500, otherwise it will not be a prize worthwhile aiming to get, it will only be a prize that players who use enormous amounts of gold will simply collect while trying to stay ahead of everyone else.

I am fine if there are hard work rewards available for only the players who use an enormous amount of gold, but I think that in fairness they should be very valuable and a very useful addition to your farm. The final prizes of the candy farm and the cooperative hard worker event do not meet that criteria at all. Yes, they are very useful, but they do not match up with the amount of effort required to earn them.
    You get most of the vouchers from upgrades.  Every 1000000 you spend gives you 68000 vouchers.  Upgrading the candy factory to level 4 costs 18000000 and gives 1224000 vouchers.  I got 4 times as many vouchers for this candy farm than the runestones from the festive viking farm before it.  
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    You get most of the vouchers from upgrades.  Every 1000000 you spend gives you 68000 vouchers.  Upgrading the candy factory to level 4 costs 18000000 and gives 1224000 vouchers.  I got 4 times as many vouchers for this candy farm than the runestones from the festive viking farm before it.  
    This is partly correct, yes, you do get a large amount of vouchers from upgrades, I earned a bit over 10 million vouchers from building the candy farm, but you would still earn more from the viking farm's chapter tasks then the candy farm's construction. I still don't think you can compare it to the viking farm, on that one I can build the farm much faster and I can earn over half a million more runestones per day then in the candy farm.

Coming back to the final hard work reward, if you completely build the temporary farm with gold on day one, it will not only be cheaper to build the viking farm, but you will be able to get the viking duck coop with that combined with a reasonable amount of activity. The candy farm will be more expensive to build from day one and I cannot see how a player will be able to earn the candy cowshed, even with the farm fully upgraded from day one, without using extra gold to speed up processes. Even the candy palace appears to be too difficult compared to the amount of effort needed for the decoration.
Sign In to comment.