Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

GFE Boosters - Shorter production time lost ⏳

Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
edited 23.03.2018 in Suggestions
Love the shorter production times that we win on occasions.

What I would love to know is why, after the event has finished does the timer start counting down the time you have won - EVEN when you are not logged on?

The ship on flower farm comes into port & the timer does not start until you log on again.  So why can't the timer start for the shorter times (or other events when you win shorter production times) start counting down the moment you log on again?  Why must the timer start the moment the event has finished?  Sometimes these events finish during our night so that when we wake up & log on we have lost several hours because we do have to sleep sometime.  I woke up this morning to find that I have lost 10 hours of the precious gift that all of our co-op members worked so hard to achieve.

Why are we on the AU1 server & other servers in the Southern Hemisphere being penalised for sleeping?  

Please look into this & change the code so that it starts the moment you log on again just like the flower farm ship.

Thank you.  :)
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    I would love to hear from one of the mods regarding my query above.  It's been 6 days now with no reply.

Please please please can one of the mods look into this?

Cheers.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    edited 20.01.2018
    the half time construction and production booster was already active when i logged on, hence i missed most of it

that's the first time i've ever won a booster that activated at the end of an event rather than when you first log on after an event is finished (i was offline, obvs, when the event concluded)

i presume this is yet another error or is this now policy?

this is the second time i've missed out on the goldfish rescue booster (first time didnt even get one)

am i going to get back my lost hours @WascallyWabbit?
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    hi i got up this morning to find i only had just over 2 hrs to go on the booster ( construction and building booster). i was 6th place , my team mate recieved hers.

i went off line last night before hte GFE finished .
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    I missed out on my booster too, it had only minutes left by the time i logged on.

also I don't know how the booster is supposed to work exactly, someone in my coop got 3 hours more than I did, should we have gotten the same or is it based on individual work?

and sometimes when the booster ends the times go back to normal, i.e. if i start 6 hour wheat with 5mins left on booster then the wheat will say 3hours to complete, until the 5mins is up then the wheat automatically goes to, say, 5 hours and 55 minutes. but sometimes this does not happen, and the timer stays at 3 hours (2 hours 55 mins) even after the booster timer ends... I don't know which is supposed to happen but having experienced both makes planning harder.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 20.01.2018
    It seems that lately they have a bug (or they have changed it) and the boosters activate just once the event ends, not just the first time you log in after the event ends. I also missed it completely which then is not much of a prize. Can the mods pass info on this, please? It would be nice if it is left as before.

Edit: it has happened more than once, and in different events: last 2 gold fish events (including the one that just ended) and the previous coop hwe.
    Post edited by mia111 (GB1) on
    11 days since my query with no reply from a mod.  Looks like another query destined for the bin.  :(

Another event just finished with the timer starting when the event finished.  Missed out on it again.  :(

Why give us these shorter production times if we are sleeping when it starts???
  • angie50 (GB1)angie50 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 223
    its the 1st time its happened . 

one of my team mates as hers it was on 10 hrs this morning , when mine was 2hrs 20 mins lol

all that hard work for nothing 

COME ON GGS PLEASE SORT IT 
  • qewt (US1)qewt (US1) US1 Posts: 161
    I missed my booster as well, had only minutes left when I logged in.

One of my coop members had 3 hours more than me as well (idk if it's individual).
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Well, I've been playing the game for a year now, so I don't know how it worked years ago, but the reduced time boosters I've won have always started right after the events (golden week, WWC, goldfish etc.) ended, so I was expecting it.
    I did do a print screen because of not getting anything in the first goldfish rescue, but it worked this time.
    they've always started when ive logged on after the event is finished (obviously if you're online when it finishes they will kick in straight away), hence why i logged on at a specific time to get the most out of it, only to find that two thirds of the time had elapsed

i didnt bother with a printscreen (tho good advice, and something i've advised others in the past) because im sick to the back teeth of printscreening stuff in the event that something goes wrong

there's been so much going wrong over the last 6 months to a year that the game had turned into Printscreen Farming,If It Can Go Wrong, It Will - so i stopped taking printscreens a little while ago for most stuff cos it was ruining the game
  • 11 days since my query with no reply from a mod.  Looks like another query destined for the bin.  :(

Another event just finished with the timer starting when the event finished.  Missed out on it again.  :(

Why give us these shorter production times if we are sleeping when it starts???
    @Ozzie (AU1)Sorry that we cannot always get quick answers for you, it was not a good week for getting hold of anyone that knows what happened, because the team were in meetings most of the time. However, now that the same thing has happened with the GFE, just about all the servers are complaining, so hopefully we will get some response on Monday.  Fear not, your query is not in the bin :)
    Thank you WascallyWabbit for your answer.

I sincerely apologise if my request sounded a tad rude but it's the frustration with having so many quirks & bugs in the game with some taking longer than others to fix.  

When one doesn't get an answer to many of their questions it feels like the queries do not warrant an answer - again frustration.  With so many reports in the forum I know it's hard to get answers to all of them but I have seen some posts that within hours of posting an answer is there from one of the mods.  :(

I also know that patience is a virtue.  :)  Something I lack at times.  :(  Practising on that.  lol

It is not the first time this has occurred as it has happened every time we win shorter production times. I do hope that in the future the timer starts when you log in just like the ship on the flower farm.

Let's hope that the developers can change this for future events.

Cheers.
  • Thank you WascallyWabbit for your answer.

I sincerely apologise if my request sounded a tad rude but it's the frustration with having so many quirks & bugs in the game with some taking longer than others to fix.  

When one doesn't get an answer to many of their questions it feels like the queries do not warrant an answer - again frustration.  With so many reports in the forum I know it's hard to get answers to all of them but I have seen some posts that within hours of posting an answer is there from one of the mods.  :(

I also know that patience is a virtue.  :)  Something I lack at times.  :(  Practising on that.  lol

It is not the first time this has occurred as it has happened every time we win shorter production times. I do hope that in the future the timer starts when you log in just like the ship on the flower farm.

Let's hope that the developers can change this for future events.

Cheers.
    @Ozzie (AU1) I don`t blame you at all for being frustrated, we do a lot of head banging too, especially when we ask things and get told the person that knows that is not here today or we have questions piling up and everyone is in meetings (usually discussing what to do about the broken stuff mind you lol) We are also down to one CM at the moment & even though he is an awesome CM, the poor guy's head must be spinning. :/

It is interesting that you say this happened before, because some of the other mods claim this is not normal, that events such as CHWE, CC, Japanese School etc all had boosters that started when you login if you were not online when the event ended & they are under the impression that the GFE was the 1st, but I can see how the CHWE may have ended at a more convenient time for most of them, so that they did not notice, buy you guys on AU1 would certainly spot it. So would you say something has changed or its always been this way? As these types of boosters are a relatively new thing & it could just be that no one really complained when it was just something like an XP booster.
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    @WascallyWabbit   I can confirm that the Development time reduction booster starts at the end of the event. I have won 3 over the last couple of months and not seen any - either I am not being credited or as stated they've started when I am asleep.

Cheers, J
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It is interesting that you say this happened before, because some of the other mods claim this is not normal, that events such as CHWE, CC, Japanese School etc all had boosters that started when you login if you were not online when the event ended & they are under the impression that the GFE was the 1st, but I can see how the CHWE may have ended at a more convenient time for most of them, so that they did not notice, buy you guys on AU1 would certainly spot it. So would you say something has changed or its always been this way? As these types of boosters are a relatively new thing & it could just be that no one really complained when it was just something like an XP booster.
    It has always started when the event ends, I have been in the top 200 when it ends at night time and I wake up and my booster has already run out. But this time it ended while I was awake so I could use the shortened production time for the worldwide championships and the cooperative championships.
    any updates from the team on this?
    we seriously cant get an answer on this? even tho it's been asked of the team for near a week now

good going guys....
  • jyxx (AU1)jyxx (AU1) AU1 Posts: 5
    It has happened to me also.  Today I wake up & find that I have just over 2 hours left of the shorter production time from an event.

I have also noticed that this is NOT the first time this has occurred.  We in the AU1 server wake up to find that most (if not all) of the shorter time has vanished.

When you win the shorter production time it should start the next time you log on - NOT when the event ends which usually is during our sleep time so when we wake up most of the 'win' has gone.  :(

Not very happy with this at all.  :(  :(

Please please can this be fixed.  We work very hard to win this reward only for it to be gone or almost gone when we next log on.
  • Hi Everyone,

This is something that our CM is raising with the team, as it affects everyone at some point, but does seem to be particularly unfair to those on AU1. We haven`t had any feedback yet, but your comments have been listened to.
  • LuckyViolat (AU1)LuckyViolat (AU1) AU1 Posts: 106
    I hope that the developers can fix this issue as I've just logged on to receive the rewards from the co-op championship & 1 item is missing.

Yes, you guessed it - the 12 hour shorter production time.  I did not get 1 second, 1 minute or 1 hour never mind the 12 hours. All gone!!

We can't be working our farms 24 hours a day to catch these rewards.  

I am but one player that this has happened to out of the many on the AU1 server.  It seems to me that we are being disadvantaged with this reward.

This is 1 more request to the developers regarding the start time for this reward.

Please Wascally Wabbit make our voice heard loud & clear!!

Thank you so much for raising this 'problem' with the CM & I look forward to hearing about the outcome.  I, & I'm sure others, appreciate all the hard work you do in trying to get these matters resolved.  :)
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I hope that the developers can fix this issue as I've just logged on to receive the rewards from the co-op championship & 1 item is missing.

Yes, you guessed it - the 12 hour shorter production time.  I did not get 1 second, 1 minute or 1 hour never mind the 12 hours. All gone!!

We can't be working our farms 24 hours a day to catch these rewards.  

I am but one player that this has happened to out of the many on the AU1 server.  It seems to me that we are being disadvantaged with this reward.

This is 1 more request to the developers regarding the start time for this reward.

Please Wascally Wabbit make our voice heard loud & clear!!

Thank you so much for raising this 'problem' with the CM & I look forward to hearing about the outcome.  I, & I'm sure others, appreciate all the hard work you do in trying to get these matters resolved.  :)
    50 goldfish bait will require a long time to catch.  A better reward is a shorter oleg fishing times booster for 24 hours so the player can send oleg for 30 goldfish for half the time.  
  • Mac (AU1)Mac (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14
    I have just logged on & I have just over 1 hour left of the shorter production time won with the goldfish rescue.  Can't remember how much it was supposed to be.  A big loss there.  :(

Seems it has not been sorted out yet!  :(((

I guess I won't be doing this event again as the reward is something you don't get.
  • LuckyViolat (AU1)LuckyViolat (AU1) AU1 Posts: 106
    I had just over 4 minutes left of my shorter time left when I logged on today.  :(  

C'mon GGS please get it right with this event.  What's the point of doing this event, trying your hardest to get as many points as you can, only to lose at the end because the event finishes while we here in the Southern Hemisphere are asleep.

So much for winning the reward.  NOT!!!

While this fix is not absolutely an emergency, please don't run this goldfish rescue event until it is fixed. Especially for the players down under.
    Another WWC event happened with winning shorter production times.  Yay!!

But wait.....

I won 6 hours of shorter time but when I signed on it had already disappeared.  Again no win.

When will the start time for the shorter times start when you log on next instead of when the event finishes???  It usually finishes when we are getting our beauty sleep.  :)  We can't be awake 24 hours a day 7 days a week to catch these wins.  

We are not robots!!!!

Why should we work so hard to get the rewards when not all are forthcoming?

I first posted this problem in January this year.  We are now in April.  Nothing has changed.  Why????  :(

Please go back to the team Wascally & report that it is still very unfair to the players on the AU1 server.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    Another WWC event happened with winning shorter production times.  Yay!!

But wait.....

I won 6 hours of shorter time but when I signed on it had already disappeared.  Again no win.

When will the start time for the shorter times start when you log on next instead of when the event finishes???  It usually finishes when we are getting our beauty sleep.  :)  We can't be awake 24 hours a day 7 days a week to catch these wins.  

We are not robots!!!!

Why should we work so hard to get the rewards when not all are forthcoming?

I first posted this problem in January this year.  We are now in April.  Nothing has changed.  Why????  :(

Please go back to the team Wascally & report that it is still very unfair to the players on the AU1 server.
    It is not only unfair for the AU1 server but for all players that live in time zones where an event ends at a time at which they are already sleeping or at work and by next time they log in the booster has already disappeared. For me the WWC ended at a proper time, but the goldfish event doesn't and every time I have played I have lost the half booster. For other players it would be other events and for some almost all events. Boosters should start after the first log in that the player does after the event has ended.
  • As the fish rescue finish at night (uk) i have missed out on the shorter time for growing and producing. i have logged on and only have 1 1/2 hours of it. When other countries would have got the full 12 hours that is hardly far on those of us who don't stay up all night. It would be much better if it started when you logged back in after an event finishes.
  • Mac (AU1)Mac (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14
    Silly me, I did the gold fish rescue again hoping that the shorter production time that you win would start counting down the moment you logged in again after your beauty sleep.

BUT NO!  (Not yelling here just the frustration raising its head)

I have only 3 hours left. This needs to be fixed for those players in the time zones that are asleep when the event ends.  If not then credit us with something just as good - maybe a bag of gold or some GMLs or goldflower seeds.  This shorter production time reward is not a reward for those who don't get a chance to use it.  :((
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Mac (AU1) said:
    Silly me, I did the gold fish rescue again hoping that the shorter production time that you win would start counting down the moment you logged in again after your beauty sleep.

BUT NO!  (Not yelling here just the frustration raising its head)

I have only 3 hours left. This needs to be fixed for those players in the time zones that are asleep when the event ends.  If not then credit us with something just as good - maybe a bag of gold or some GMLs or goldflower seeds.  This shorter production time reward is not a reward for those who don't get a chance to use it.  :((
    For the goldfish rescue event, the shorter production time booster begins as soon as the event ends. It is the same for the worldwide championship, however the booster for the cooperative hard worker event begins when you log on after the event has ended, so I think the most reasonable solution to this issue is to allow the booster to begin when the player first logs on after the event has ended. But this can also cause other issues such as players not logging in until an event that they wish to do well in starts to get a large advantage over the other players in the event.
  • I think ALL boosters etc. should start when we log in next after an event ends that we won it at. As all are on at various times, some only at night, and different time zones etc. this would work best.
    Hopeful they are still listening........
Sign In to comment.