Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Maintenance Incoming

Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
Just got a maintenance warning on (US1) for a patch in about 20 minutes.

If history is any indication, this will also reset the HWE, which will have to be restarted with a completely new randomized itemlist.  So check it as soon as you log back in.

{Edit: There was no reset! HWE picked up right where it left off this time. Yay!} :)
Post edited by Southern (US1) on

Comments

• connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    Getting my screenshot ready LOL!
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Just got a maintenance warning on (US1) for a patch in about 20 minutes.

If history is any indication, this will also reset the HWE, which will have to be restarted with a completely new randomized itemlist.  So check it as soon as you log back in.

*Grumble grumble mumble*..
    I would be more nervos if it was the coop one
  • TheHawk (US1)TheHawk (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    Maintenance I think is for the change to day 2 on Christmas Preparations.  I'd screenshot that too if you've progressed on any day 2 tasks.  
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 06.12.2017
    My changeover is due a few minutes before maintenance, so maybe, I'll luck out.   :)  I find that if I expect a cluster, I can avoid upset. 

Ooops, looked at the timer wrong.  Changeover happens during maintenance.  Hoping for the best.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    My changeover is due a few minutes before maintenance, so maybe, I'll luck out.   :)  I find that if I expect a cluster, I can avoid upset. 

Ooops, looked at the timer wrong.  Changeover happens during maintenance.  Hoping for the best.
    Well if the maintenance runs late, I'd still hold off on changing over - because most likely the timer will end and the item will change.

Or you might luck out and get the same item at least, so it would be easy to start it up again since you still have all the fish. :)

Really gonna suck for those people vying for the No.1 spot, if they're not online there's no way they'll retain the top spots.
  • it is sad that none of us actually trust this game..... :(
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    it is sad that none of us actually trust this game..... :(
    Recent blunders are the reason for that. My trust has hit rock bottom....
    My hotfix warning no longer contains a time indicator but I am still online
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

Well if the maintenance runs late, I'd still hold off on changing over - because most likely the timer will end and the item will change.

Or you might luck out and get the same item at least, so it would be easy to start it up again since you still have all the fish. :)

Really gonna suck for those people vying for the No.1 spot, if they're not online there's no way they'll retain the top spots.
    My hopes are modest.  If I can snag another skipjack for my fleabag fleet, I'll be happy.  :)
  • So, is there a hotfix or not?  timer has been at 0 for quite a while.
  • hoping this is a  hotfix and not a reset
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Every Time they have done this in the past  it has  changed the FHW line up.. and you have to start all over again...    
  • farmermim5000 (US1)farmermim5000 (US1) Posts: 118
    edited 06.12.2017
    ugh, I still had 6 hrs left on mine and the next set of fish were already lined up

Image result for cartoon head blowing up

No reset here ... :smiley:
    edited 06.12.2017
    No reset here ... :smiley:
    That's good news.  Perhaps this time they thought ahead and took steps to mitigate the reset, or maybe even fixed it.  Still waiting on (US1) to come back up to check. :)

(US1) is back up now, and there was no reset! Yay! :) 

I don't mind being wrong when it's good news. :) 
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 06.12.2017
    @Southern (US1)  Oh ye of little faith.  :D  Lets hope this is the start of a new trend for the developers.  ;)  
    @Southern (US1)  Oh ye of little faith.  :D  Lets hope this is the start of a new trend for the developers.  ;)  
    I surely hope so... I just got thrown out again :-1:
    edited 06.12.2017
    Back in again and all is still running the way it was :smiley:

Three times is a charm? Another hotfix coming up 
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    The problem not in FHWE, but in Christmas Preparations. 
  • new hotfix timer again
  • so wow another hotfix, this one makes me leary
  • TheGabi (US1)TheGabi (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    Everything was good this time..  
    very very thankful.
  • Hotfix didn't break anything, so they are doing another one
  • how are we supposed to get this done if we keep having hot fiexes
    Hotfix didn't break anything, so they are doing another one
    I shouldn't LOL, but that's almost exactly the same thought I had. :smiley:
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    I would like to know WHAT EXACTLY is being rolled back.  EVERYTHING??
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    Apparently there is going to be a rollback - what exactly this will mean to us I dread to think :(   Glad I took screenshots before hotfix began.
  • according to Cuddly
     Any progress made within the last 30 minutes or so of the game will be rolled back to its previous state
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    It is the holidays, people do not have time to sit around and wait for hotfixes to see what is broken or missing or what needs to be restarted.  We all have places to go, people to see, and things to do. This really isn't fair to the players. They had an entire year to work the bugs out.
  • bdreish (GB1)bdreish (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,341
    edited 06.12.2017

Can anyone get into the game yet?  Mine seems to be stuck on the 'polishing the tractor' and 'hiding the bugs' stage.  Looks as if it is loading but nothing happening.

Edit - well farm finally opened for me and boy am I angry.  All the stuff that I had harvested gone, and none of the seaweed/special seeds/humus returned to me!  Haven't dared to check temp farm yet - have done building and upgrading on that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file