Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Daily task on fishing

I thought that a daily task was only for 1 day & changed at the start of a new day.  I've had my daily task for 2 days now.  I have collected half of the required amount of salmon etc & I've been waiting to start a new day.  

Why is this not occurring?  The daily task on the temporary islands & normal farm play start a fresh every day so why not the fishing daily tasks?

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I thought that a daily task was only for 1 day & changed at the start of a new day.  I've had my daily task for 2 days now.  I have collected half of the required amount of salmon etc & I've been waiting to start a new day.  

Why is this not occurring?  The daily task on the temporary islands & normal farm play start a fresh every day so why not the fishing daily tasks?
    If the task did change daily, a lot of us would never be able to complete them.  LOL!
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    Maybe it should not be called a "Daily Task" maybe it should be called a "When ever you get enough pools to fill them Task"

@Ozzie (AU1)
    The daily task for the fishing are ALWAYS the same 3 tasks day after day, they never change, swordfish, salmon, herring
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    50 Swordfish, 50 Salmon, 50 Herring. It's the same 3 tasks, every day.  They reset at midnight server time.
    50 Swordfish, 50 Salmon, 50 Herring. It's the same 3 tasks, every day.  They reset at midnight server time.
    Ah, silly me.  I thought they just stayed until I filled them.  LOL!
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 17.10.2017
    It's not resetting for me at midnight.  I still have the fish I caught the day before yesterday registering.  
    Post edited by Ozzie (AU1) on
    It still has not reset from yesterday.
    Maybe it doesn't reset if it's half-filled? Finish it off and see if it resets.
    Mine didn't reset, either.  They seem to keep the tally until it's filled, then I get a new one.
    But that is not what a "daily task" is.  It changes on a daily basis.   It will definitely reset if I catch the remaining fish.  What if I only want to catch half of the required amount?

Isn't that my choice?
    But that is not what a "daily task" is.  It changes on a daily basis.   It will definitely reset if I catch the remaining fish.  What if I only want to catch half of the required amount?

Isn't that my choice?
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want to do that? You don't get anything for just half-filling it, other than a task that just never goes away.
  • ClassyLady1 (US1)ClassyLady1 (US1) Posts: 15
    edited 18.10.2017
    This is a little off the subject of the 'Daily Task' however, I cannot find a discussion which answers my question so I will jump in and  ask here.

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit on the number of boats we can have?

I ask this because I have 14 boats for working and 'won' two more in the last Fishing Hard Worker Event. Those two new boats are in the brown inventory box on the "Fishing Area" screen, but when I try to place then, the button is grayed out - when hovered over, the words, 'not possible' pop up.

Do I have to discard two of the boats I started out with?

Any information would be appreciated and could be emailed to me at: [email removed]
    I have sent an email to support, but haven't had a reply in over a week now and would like to get those boats on the sea!

Thanks so much,
    Classy Lady
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • May I suggest that anyone who has commented on the Daily Task, just keep fishing for the assigned fish until you reach the required amount - at that time, you will get your points and in a few hours, the tasks will reset. Then you can start again on them. No big deal except for the lack of fishing pools for the type fish required! That part of it is maddening!  Same happens with the requirements for the CONTRACTS as well as for the Fishing Hard Worker Event making it almost impossible to gain any ground in that event without spending PRECIOUS HARD EARNED GOLD to skip a fish or two and each time you skip one, the next 'skip' is much more expensive! (Which I consider a bunch of HOOEY!)
    The OPEN Fishing pools during that event should match the fish required by Farmer George!

• KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    edited 18.10.2017
    This is a little off the subject of the 'Daily Task' however, I cannot find a discussion which answers my question so I will jump in and  ask here.

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit on the number of boats we can have?

I ask this because I have 14 boats for working and 'won' two more in the last Fishing Hard Worker Event. Those two new boats are in the brown inventory box on the "Fishing Area" screen, but when I try to place then, the button is grayed out - when hovered over, the words, 'not possible' pop up.

Do I have to discard two of the boats I started out with?

Any information would be appreciated and could be emailed to me at: [email removed]
    I have sent an email to support, but haven't had a reply in over a week now and would like to get those boats on the sea!

Thanks so much,
    Classy Lady
    Maximum number of boats we can currently have is 14.  So if you've earned some that you'd like to put into your fleet to replace others, demo the one's you want to remove, and then you can pull the new one's out of your inventory.

After a few FHWE's and depending on your wants and likes with the boats, you may find yourself with an inventory full of SkipJacks and Trawlers as I have.  I love my current line-up of boats, but will hang on to the others, just in case I decide at some point to change it up.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036

Isn't that my choice?
    Hmm we have a "daily task" of catching bass, each and every day, never changes.  The same is true for earning RP's and starting a production machine.  You can choose to ignore and not do any of these.  But when it comes to deciding to only half fill say, the swordfish.  Now let's say you have a pool out there with 87 swordfish as well as an assortment of salmon and cod, are you telling me you're going to fish out the salmon and cod, leave those profitable swordfish, so you can leave that task 1/2 done?  <snickers>  Of course not, you're going to fish on and when you get the pools with the right fish, you'll harvest, get the 2500 FXP, and do it again, and again, and again.  I enjoy getting the 7500 FHP each and every day.  

Some days the pools just don't cooperate, big whoop, keep on fishing and clearing the other pools and before you know it, what you need will appear.  ;)
    I personally ignore the daily tasks and just try to fish for what I need or for what's available.  And if I fill complete a daily task along the way, well that's a bonus.  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file