Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Market contract

Why always get the level 0 contract for now? I can get level 50+ before, but now cannot..... the highest is only 20+

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    There are 12 different types of contracts.  Each contract type has to be built from 0 to 99 separately.
  • Shay1968 (US1)Shay1968 (US1) Posts: 1,324
    @Southern (US1)  When you say 12 different types of contracts, you are referring to 1 through 6 and 1 through 6 with timer?  So basically a contract that asks for a single item type with no timer would be different from a single item type with a timer? And if I decline a contract with timer it would not affect contract values without the timer? 

Thanks in advance
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Why always get the level 0 contract for now? I can get level 50+ before, but now cannot..... the highest is only 20+
    Are you talking about the DSF contracts or the organic market contracts.  In either case, have you declined any?  Can you post a screen shot of your current contracts?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 11.10.2017
    @Shay1968 (US1) We were originally told that all 12 types act independently, but that has never appeared to be the case & even though the "official" word has never been changed, most people agree that it is only the number of items on the contract that matter & not whether it is a standard or limited one, so there are only 6 values to get to 99. (unofficially lol) :)

EDIT: Of course it always possible that it should be 12 & the OM has been bugged since the start. :)
    edited 11.10.2017
    @Southern (US1)  When you say 12 different types of contracts, you are referring to 1 through 6 and 1 through 6 with timer?  So basically a contract that asks for a single item type with no timer would be different from a single item type with a timer? And if I decline a contract with timer it would not affect contract values without the timer? 

Thanks in advance
    @Shay1968 (US1)  That's correct.  a 1-item contract and a 1-item contract with a timer will have 2 different bonus values and have to be worked up separately. At least in the Organic Market - I'm think they combined them in the Fish Market so they have the same bonus value. 

(At least unless they've changed it in the last year or so.. I've been at 99 on all my Organic Market contracts for the last year).
    I guess the only way to really tell would be to fill all the single item contracts ( or contracts with 2 items, or 3, or 4 ... ) with no timer and decline all the ones with a timer and see if the contracts with a timer seem to level up at all.     Maybe I will try this on 2 item contracts just to see. 
    They seem to be increasing together in my Fish Market at the same time, but like you, I'd have to test for it specifically to see what happens.  I'll give it a try too.

I found the quote from Nafaru that I was looking for in regards to the 12 types (in the Organic Market) though:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/864608/#Comment_864608

The original post has apparently been archived or something, but the quote still exists. :)

I have 1 level 80 2 item contract and 1 level 80 2 item contract with timer (wow maybe we need acronyms for these, LOL).  They both are level 80.  What are the odds that I have equal contracts and filled them all equally without declining any.  I would say the chances are very slim and it makes me feel there are only 6 different types of contracts instead of 12.  However, I deleted the one with a timer and will continue to do so and see if I continually get 2 item contracts with timer that stay at the same level as my ones with no timer. 
  • CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136
    This time become bad. Only 10+ value I get. My main farm market contract is fully upgraded (appearance). For the DSF market, I'm only get stage 2 and need to reach stage 3 to increase the market value, right? (based on 'http://crazybigfarm.tk/farm/fish_market.htm')
    My main farm organic market:   (many weeks ago I got this)

I decline all the contract:
    After that, still like this:

WHY? Don't you think it's the oktorberfest contract? Decrease the contract value when you decline it?
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    The market works completely different with Octoberfest. You decline one, value drops by 2 points. Fulfill one, value improved by 2 points (1 if value at 50+ or you just decline at previous moment). Sometimes it's better to focusing on 1 or 2 item variant to save your farm resources for another contract.

Additional notes:
    1. It's looks like value stops at 99. Fulfill one, you got a 'buffer'. Decline one, value doesn't drop as long as your 'buffer' not zero.
    2. The amount of order are adjusted based on capability on your farm or dockyard to gather the needed product, whether it's limited contract or not (Doesn't apply to fish market), and value of contract
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but every time you decline a contract, the value of that type of contract decreases (goes DOWN). You have to FILL contracts in order to build up the value (and the market appearance).

Declining contracts penalizes you.
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @Southern (US1) @Shay1968 (US1) I meant to post the differences in my 4 item contracts but inadvertently filled and sent it, but I do have a pic of the 3 item contracts.  Though they are close, they are different  There is a 4 point difference in my 4 item contracts.  Right after the last upgrade, when I risked all and declined all existing contracts to get the new ones, and lost over 30-40 levels on all types, the standard and limited were consistently the same.....just something I've always checked.  But now they are different, at least for me.  ;)

@CIN SOON (INT1) So you were at 99 on all types before you declined all 6? In the Fish Market I made the mistake of declining all 6 right after they rebalanced the contracts so I could start with the brand new ones, and lost 30-40 levels on each of the types, so it felt like starting all over again.  I'm not sure that's what's happened to you.  But if you were at 99, all the way down to 0 and 12 seems very extreme and not the 1 level drop we've been led to believe will occur.
    @Southern (US1) @Shay1968 (US1) I meant to post the differences in my 4 item contracts but inadvertently filled and sent it, but I do have a pic of the 3 item contracts.  Though they are close, they are different  There is a 4 point difference in my 4 item contracts.  Right after the last upgrade, when I risked all and declined all existing contracts to get the new ones, and lost over 30-40 levels on all types, the standard and limited were consistently the same.....just something I've always checked.  But now they are different, at least for me.  ;)

That can be explained by getting the 2 contracts at different times, though.

For instance, if you had (2) 3 item contracts that were both at bonus level 21, then filled one and got another at bonus level 22, the unfilled 21 one will still be at 21..

If you fill the 21 one right now, it'll probably go to 23 or 24, and the 22 one will stay at 22 since it's already in your contract window.

If you filled BOTH of them and sent them off at the same time in the truck and THEN got (2) more 3-item contracts (one time limited, one not), then that would be pretty good evidence that they're 2 separate types of contracts.. but I've been keeping a pretty close eye on mine, and even though the time limited contracts are rarer than the regular ones, they're pretty much staying neck and neck with the regular (non time-limited) contracts.  That leads me to believe that unlike the organic market, there may only be 6 types of contracts in the Fish Market.
    @CIN SOON (INT1) So you were at 99 on all types before you declined all 6? In the Fish Market I made the mistake of declining all 6 right after they rebalanced the contracts so I could start with the brand new ones, and lost 30-40 levels on each of the types, so it felt like starting all over again.  I'm not sure that's what's happened to you.  But if you were at 99, all the way down to 0 and 12 seems very extreme and not the 1 level drop we've been led to believe will occur.
    I never reach level 99 because I'm a level 50 players. The highest I reach is level 50+ before. Now as you see, go down to level 12.
    I never reach level 99 because I'm a level 50 players. The highest I reach is level 50+ before. Now as you see, go down to level 12.
    Probably because you're declining contracts. When you do that, the bonus value of your contracts goes down.
    That's mean I need to fill some contract to reach back to level 50+ ?
    That's mean I need to fill some contract to reach back to level 50+ ?
    Yes.

For instance, if you had (2) 3 item contracts that were both at bonus level 21, then filled one and got another at bonus level 22, the unfilled 21 one will still be at 21..

If you fill the 21 one right now, it'll probably go to 23 or 24, and the 22 one will stay at 22 since it's already in your contract window.

If you filled BOTH of them and sent them off at the same time in the truck and THEN got (2) more 3-item contracts (one time limited, one not), then that would be pretty good evidence that they're 2 separate types of contracts.. but I've been keeping a pretty close eye on mine, and even though the time limited contracts are rarer than the regular ones, they're pretty much staying neck and neck with the regular (non time-limited) contracts.  That leads me to believe that unlike the organic market, there may only be 6 types of contracts in the Fish Market.
    Alright girl, explain this one for me,  ;)  I haven't filled ANY 3 item contracts.  Still have the two posted above waiting for more oysters and clams.  Over the past two weeks the contracts completed were 2, 1, 6, 4, 5, 2.  Yesterday, I filled a 4 item and a 6 item.  I received a new 4 item, and a new 3 item.  Guess what the bonus level on the 3 item one is?  23  Without filling any 3 item contracts it has risen.  <happy, but shakes head>
    edited 13.10.2017

Alright girl, explain this one for me,  ;)  I haven't filled ANY 3 item contracts.  Still have the two posted above waiting for more oysters and clams.  Over the past two weeks the contracts completed were 2, 1, 6, 4, 5, 2.  Yesterday, I filled a 4 item and a 6 item.  I received a new 4 item, and a new 3 item.  Guess what the bonus level on the 3 item one is?  23  Without filling any 3 item contracts it has risen.  <happy, but shakes head>
    That's quite the conundrum. GGS programmers on crack, maybe?

(actually, that would explain a lot of things....) :)

But seriously, we really have no idea how they've set up the contract types. We'd probably need to hope that someone at GGS will pass that information along to us. Reverse-Engineering can only get us so far. :)
    @Southern (US1)

Oh gosh, that would explain a lot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file