Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Calculation double-check please

I posted this in the Update Discussion thread, but I'm afraid it got lost in all vitriol being posted there.  Would appreciate a second (or third, or fourth) set of eyes on this evaluation of a DSF Market contract.  Thanks in advance.
----
Like everyone else I am disappointed in the nuclear nerf that was applied to DSF.  I'm looking at my first contracts in the new market.  Hoping some of my fellow numbers geeks would help double check my calcs and prices or see if I forgot a cost.

I got a contract for 413 Lobsters paying  $1,135,019 plus 1 rake and 4 brushes. (yes - I double checked the commas in the cash amount)

A Level 5 Trawler equipped for maximum number of fish caught brings in 281 total fish:
- 7 Large Freezer @ $31.2K each = $218.4K
- 3 Roys @ $15K each = $45K
-1 Victor @ $26K  = $26K

$218.4K + $45K + $26K  = $289.4K

$289.4K / 281 lobster = $1,030/lobster (rounded)    

==>> 413 * $1,030 = $425,390 cost to acquire lobsters to fill contract

This appears to be a "good" contract yielding a profit approximately $710K plus the sparkles.

Of course, this is nothing close to the cash we were making before, but not a negative cash flow endeavor.
So, what did I miss?

Comments

• Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 16.08.2017
    ~estimate 1/4 money you used to make, you can make in new system.
    and up to roughly ~1/3 with high lvl contracts + ~lvl 10 lester stash.

+ less choice in cashing out instantly ofcourse.

that's all the calculation you need my friend :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    Of course, this is nothing close to the cash we were making before, but not a negative cash flow endeavor.
    So, what did I miss?
    @Lylu (INT1)  You didn't include the many millions of farmdollars needed to get a Level 5 Trawler.  ;)
  • PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    Ok I am not blind and there are no contracts at my dock in the organic market to sell anything all I get is an error code. whats up with this??
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @Griffith (INT1) - not sure a estimate like that actually works well - for example, my other contract is 431 shrimp and 431 oysters will pay $210,523 plus 1 rake and 2 brushes.  Using the same level 5 Trawler to catch those 832 'fish' would cost $856,960 => a cash loss of over $600K (I will be declining that contract)

@farmerjohn 22 (US1) - true fact, but in an accounting sense, that is a sunk cost already expended and has no bearing on evaluating whether to fulfill the new contract.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770

@farmerjohn 22 (US1) - true fact, but in an accounting sense, that is a sunk cost already expended and has no bearing on evaluating whether to fulfill the new contract.
    @Lylu (INT1)  The point I was trying to make is that we were able to build and upgrade our fishing fleet because of the large profits we were getting. Players starting the fishing fleet now will have to pay for the upgrades to the ships from the profits of their other farms, a very slow and expensive process. In the end, it's just not worth the time and effort for such a small return on their investment.  :)
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1)  -  again you have a valid point.  Those of us that already had developed farms benefited much more from the DSF that lower level players and will have a different experience with the DSF 'revamp' (nominations for 'euphemism of the year' now being accepted).   Those starting out now will have a much tougher 'row to hoe' than players who got started on DSF from the beginning.

Each boat at each level has an associated cash cost/fish based on the configuration of equipment.  Thus, each contract may or may not have a cash profitable way to fulfill it.  I think my lobster contract is one that is profitable, unless I missed a cost associated with the fulfillment of that one contract.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    bottom line, who the hell would bother building a max level trawler now?

i wouldnt even bother building boats, period

it's all gone downhill, players can't unsee what they know and they know $40 million bucks (my first contract swordfish value) for a bunch of crap at some smelly market is $40 million bucks for a bunch a crap however you dress it up
  • @Lylu: you are right but i mean generally if choose and complete the correct contracts (specially the ones without rare prizes like rake or brush, or such) and aside from oyster/shrimp/clam contracts which was already too low profit selling them even before the nerf anyway. still one can generally make 1/4 of old profit with the new system ~estimate.

@Corvid: lvl 2 trawlers for the win guys without much investment. they have a balanced 4 roy, 4 brigitte easy good catch combo. (95 fish).
    But i do agree with lack of motivation...
  • I never got to trawlers, I do have two skipjacks, most of my fleet is much smaller boats. Regardless, contract for 180 oysters, and 10 herring chum, for that the offer is two rakes, and one currycomb. No cash, that is a big loser. The other contract was for 109 lobster, 1 rake, and ~$111,000 cash, I looked at the cost of sending a norfolk wherry, it is $100K for half that order, if I send the Skipjack, it is $1950 for Ian, $81,900 for three frezzers, $12,000 for Nancy, and $39,000 for Lisa, and $750 for the lobster pot, for a total of $135,600 for a return and a rake and $111,000 cash. Wow looks like a loser to me, oh and by the way that only gets me 97 lobster, I would have to send at least a motor boat to the the rest of that order. If you don't have trawlers and high level ones at that you are losing money on this now.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 17.08.2017
    I never got to trawlers, I do have two skipjacks, most of my fleet is much smaller boats. Regardless, contract for 180 oysters, and 10 herring chum, for that the offer is two rakes, and one currycomb. No cash, that is a big loser. The other contract was for 109 lobster, 1 rake, and ~$111,000 cash, I looked at the cost of sending a norfolk wherry, it is $100K for half that order, if I send the Skipjack, it is $1950 for Ian, $81,900 for three frezzers, $12,000 for Nancy, and $39,000 for Lisa, and $750 for the lobster pot, for a total of $135,600 for a return and a rake and $111,000 cash. Wow looks like a loser to me, oh and by the way that only gets me 97 lobster, I would have to send at least a motor boat to the the rest of that order. If you don't have trawlers and high level ones at that you are losing money on this now.
    The key is not to try to fill the orders immediately.  The Dockyard no longer is a huge money making venture.  Send your boats off without any equipment or crew, and fill your orders as you can.  It will take a long time in some cases, just like the Organic Market, but it won't cost you a dime other than the chum orders.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • dpbplue (US1)dpbplue (US1) US1 Posts: 15

@ Lylu  -- compare to what you could get for that Lobster when you were selling it at 18.125k a piece  => 7.4 MIL

You just lost more than 6 MIL !!  And that is a "GOOD" contract ?? Phew !

Would U do that with the Farmer's Organic Market too? No!! You would just sell it !! 

GGS has to fix its act or many players will leave !!

• CIN SOON (INT1)CIN SOON (INT1) INT1 Posts: 136

@ Lylu  -- compare to what you could get for that Lobster when you were selling it at 18.125k a piece  => 7.4 MIL

You just lost more than 6 MIL !!  And that is a "GOOD" contract ?? Phew !

Would U do that with the Farmer's Organic Market too? No!! You would just sell it !! 

GGS has to fix its act or many players will leave !!

You're right. For examples, one swordfish is 47,188 dollar before the fish market available. But now when I count in market contract, one swordfish didn't reach 10,000 dollar, right? Lost many money for the ship and equipment but in return!?... only some 'low price' fish, don't have profit, just like already disappear in the deep sea.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file