Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Lags And Downtimes

Maybe a weird question but it seems that no one from GGS is answering or even replying to the downtime and lags on the servers all the times. ;

Please explain to me why the game is full of lag when trying to collect (as an example) wildflowers? Sometimes i have to wait a at least 30 seconds and then suddenly all my fields are harvested together. Then i try to plant wildflowers again (yeah we are in the middle of CC) and it takes a few seconds to even plant 1 single field of wildflowers.

Has this something to do with the "objects" flying away after harvesting?

And please tell us if and why a server has gone offline, we are mostly kept in the dark and everybody on forum goes mad if they don't know the reason of it.

Give us some more information would be appreciated.

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I have found that when more than one family member plays the game on the same server and on the same browser, a definite slowdown happens. So a schedule of play time needs to be figured out.
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737
    edited 25.04.2017
    Well I am the only one in this house playing and I am experiencing lag and sometimes screen freezes up  so sick of it very frustrating.  Needed to add I am the only person on line at anytime not just in the game.
  • Kleine Jan (NL1)Kleine Jan (NL1) NL1 Posts: 283
    I have found out that after i visit the Coop Village my game is gooing very slow. Refreshing sometimes chelps,but not always. 
    Also what pinjo write about the WF is true. I have 20 fields and sometimes i haven,t harvested and sow the last field before the first field is ready again. 
    And i tried different browsers like Opera,Firefox,Maxthon and Google Chrome but it will appear eventualy soon or a bit later on every browser
  • I have it slow after 10 min. at times, slow harvest as others above and replanting; makes missions a bit difficult. It matters not which browser you use, it happens with each after a bit.
    HTML can't get here fast enough..
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    Yesterday when our coop was challenged in the village (we already had 1 challenge pending) it suddenly went allot slower then normal. I needed to reload the game and it still was way slower then with only 1 challenge.

Could this have something to do with the lags we are experiencing now, the refresh button in the challenge keeps refreshing without clicking on it, i figure it is a big load every time that slows the servers down.

Don't keep us in the dark, say something that you are working on it, fix it or just agree with us that is slower and stop upgrading every time.
  • Kennetha (US1)Kennetha (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    Well I am so frustraded with this lag, computer freezing and theis plugin shockwave going up everytime you turn around. I know the village has caused alot of this. When I go to the village challenger panel it completely stops. I have to reload to get going again. And with me it doesnt matter which seed I plant it takes forever. Ive sent several tickets to support. I sent one from last coop challenge with all info and they finally messaged me back asking this and that which I had given them all the info to start. Just iritates me so bad. Now we are fixing to have another event so here we go slow, slow, slow. Why cant they fix all the bugs before adding something else?
  • Playing yesterday(4/26 early evening) was a nightmare. I don't usually have much lag time. Not so 4/26. Freezes, disconnections, going from farm to farm took forever. After 45 min. I gave up and logged out. 
    So 3 days ago i placed this question and what is causing the lags and downtimes, not a single word of the GGS employees. They can be busy trying to fix this or trying to fix other bugs but writing a little message is only taking 1 minutes of your time, you will make the most of us happy if you just acknowledge the lag and that you are working on it. 

So now another question to a moderator or a developer: What is the point of this treehouse if they/you are not responding?
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    For last half hour or so I kept getting same message shockwave plugin is unresponsive . Everything is up to date, other games play fine. My game flickers and graphics take time to catch up. It worse now than has been for ages. I am trying to earn a decent decoration from Japanese event and coins to spend .  Get your act together GGS
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    For last half hour or so I kept getting same message shockwave plugin is unresponsive . Everything is up to date, other games play fine. My game flickers and graphics take time to catch up. It worse now than has been for ages. I am trying to earn a decent decoration from Japanese event and coins to spend .  Get your act together GGS
    Don't worry @Lesley52 (GB1) If history is any prediction of the future, the game will crash completely at a crucial time during the event, then come back up and ask you to spend gold for a better prize.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    Lol I know @MRG1 (US1) I will just tell GGS to stick gold deal where the sun does not shine. I am having a break realised would do better hitting head against brick wall, than trying to play the farm without bugs
  • PichuPichu Guest Posts: 440
    Hey guys,

we are investigating performance and lag issues and it looks like we are getting closer to the root problem there. But since it is a really complex issue it will take time and needs to be understood completely for a proper solution! :(

Cheers,
    Pichu
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    Thanks for informing us @Pichu - would be great if something could be done about it!  :)
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    Right near tail end of event and during the fireworks, couldn't expect any less!
  • Teejay52 (INT1)Teejay52 (INT1) Posts: 203
    edited 04.05.2017
    New thing today for me on INT1....

Ive seen most of the other issues.....but this is new for me.

Now the game is freezing my computer every 30 mins. Just freezes .And that is that.
    I need to restart my computer MANUALLY with the ON/OFF switch. Nothing else works...
    So, i'm expecting corrupted files from the rest of my programmes soon.

That's all GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    Ok they did an update and they added some rewards to our accounts? After that update the game is acting like a old snail again. It takes 3 minutes to go to all my farms and to load all pictures of production, market and neighbors.

When are you going to do anything about this?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Ok they did an update and they added some rewards to our accounts? After that update the game is acting like a old snail again. It takes 3 minutes to go to all my farms and to load all pictures of production, market and neighbors.

That's got to be something with your computer, Pinjo.. I change farms (my own, or to water the trees of my neighbors) in *under* 3 seconds.

Very few things bog down my GTX 1070 though. :)

That's got to be something with your computer, Pinjo.. I change farms (my own, or to water the trees of my neighbors) in *under* 3 seconds.

Very few things bog down my GTX 1070 though. :)
    No it is not my computer, whole coop had a lag at the same time. I was just in the middle of a refresh again and it took a couple of minutes to load all production pictures, market and neighbors.
    edited 05.05.2017
    Guess it could be something specific with NL1.

One of these days I'm going to have to create an account on all the different servers to help people more efficiently. :)
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Guess it could be something specific with NL1.

One of these days I'm going to have to create an account on all the different servers to help people more efficiently. :)

Serveral in my coop has lag problems - myself inclusive - so I really doubt that its limimited to the NL server
  • Sukiyaki (US1)Sukiyaki (US1) US1 Posts: 555
    Same with my coop on US1, several members have been complaining about lag, freezing, and crashing.
    I am on the INT server @Southern (US1) , you did not know that? I thought you was smarter then that ;)
  • Now now Pinjo....stop insulting people :-)

Ive got some nice, choice words for GGS though....

I am on the INT server @Southern (US1) , you did not know that? I thought you was smarter then that ;)
    Heh.. I took your username at face value, I should've known better. :)
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    I hope this can help - I have tried all browsers E Explore - Opera - Firefox -  ( latest update and flash update)
    I notice a lag in the game but i can still play - Now I get this error script not working then it will flash off - shortly b4 the warning I get lag real bad harvest just sit in the air then slow slow then next harvest will begin - well I have learned to see this coming and i caught it with screen capture -  and learned to click the debug button - here are some shots of the error - I dont write this kind of code but i do know how to write some - Hope this helps
    1. https://postimg.org/image/dqvwbd3dt/ - this screen shot is after a few mins of play -
            2. https://postimg.org/image/7us7k28at/ This shot is right when the game it self is opening 
    The only thing the two have in common is the village challenge is open - that is when i experience the most lag - but i have had bad lag when it is not on for our coop. - Hope this can give a clue -

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Hey @BJs (US1) Try google's chrome browser, I find this one to work quite well most of the time.
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151

Please explain to me why the game is full of lag when trying to collect (as an example) wildflowers? Sometimes i have to wait a at least 30 seconds and then suddenly all my fields are harvested together. Then i try to plant wildflowers again (yeah we are in the middle of CC) and it takes a few seconds to even plant 1 single field of wildflowers.
    Does this help?
    1. Collect wildflowers or whatever
    2. Logout
    3. Clear your FLASH cache
    4. Log back in
    Usually fixes mine enough to finish Mission - then restart browser before starting next mission (I'm using Firefox)
    J
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Pichu said:
    Hey guys,

we are investigating performance and lag issues and it looks like we are getting closer to the root problem there. But since it is a really complex issue it will take time and needs to be understood completely for a proper solution! :(

Cheers,
    Pichu
    Thanks for that.

Lag has been an issue for some time now.  Usually clearing my cache (which I really only have to do while playing this game.) helps.
    Sometimes just clicking off the safari window onto the desktop and back (a few times) MIGHT kick it so to speak.
    Last ditch is to just quit, relaunch, and load the game again.   

Lately, (past few days at least)   I have had problems logging out.
    I play three farms, three servers.    The ONLY way to switch back and forth is log out, click reconnect, then I can select another server and log in again.
    Only for a few days now clicking reconnect just hangs up.   I watch the "feeding the cows, yada yada…" over and over again.  Even tried just walking away and come back later, STILL loading.
    I have to quit, reload the game, which goes to the last server I was on, and try again.  Sometimes that works and sometimes not.    
    I'm actually logged into all three right now but that only lasts a little while before the game lag gets so bad I have to quit and start over.

Hope you can find out what's going on soon.   

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file