Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 19th - "New Year Again" & More! - Discussion

Comments

• magicpotions (PT1)magicpotions (PT1) PT1 Posts: 916
    edited 28.01.2017
    @magicpotions (PT1)
    JP Mod answers to that question.

時間はランダム設定であり、上がっている時間も15分~1時間のランダム設定となっております。運が良ければ1時間の花火に遭遇するかも!?

[Google Translate]
    Time is a random setting, and the rising time is random setting of 15 minutes to 1 hour. If you are lucky you may encounter an hour fireworks! Is it?
    Thank you t_mao (JP1) for the reply and for the explanation. But what I've noticed was that random time setting between 15 minutes to 1 hour in the same firework session (in the 21:30 CET firework session to be more precise) between different players and that I was not expecting to happen.

[Google Translate]

返信と説明のためにt_mao(JP1)にありがとうございます。しかし、私が気づいたのは、異なる選手の間で同じ花火セッション(より正確には21:30 CETの花火セッションで)のランダムな時間設定が15分から1時間であり、起こることを期待していないことでした。

Post edited by magicpotions (PT1) on
  • I am missing very much new tweet about fireworks.
    Any idea about when to get it? Or are they on at same time as yesterday?

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I am missing very much new tweet about fireworks.

I've been waiting for them, too, Cityfarmari -- I don't think they'll be on at the same time as yesterday.

• Shindria (AU1)Shindria (AU1) Posts: 45
    edited 28.01.2017
    I am missing very much new tweet about fireworks.

The past three days they've been tweeted at the same time of day (7:30pm my time) so an hour and forty two minutes from now - *if* they do it today? Not sure if they will on the weekend?

*edits* now we just got fireworks that weren't on the list, so really lost now!
  • Fireworks game without  tweet message, I am  quite disappointed.  I enjoyed to be able to plan how to make best effect of them when knowing the time. And of course possibility to enjoy other things in weekend besides fireworks and game is desirable :wink:.
  • Fireworks game without  tweet message, I am  quite disappointed.  I enjoyed to be able to plan how to make best effect of them when knowing the time. And of course possibility to enjoy other things in weekend besides fireworks and game is desirable :wink:.
    They might still tweet - I'm crossing fingers ;) Check in about a half hour
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    actually i would have to disagree i already have the whole decoration and will have it be a 5x5 i am thinking i will have everything but the snake done with a lot less money and gold then i spent last year and last year for all of the money and gold i spent i did not even get the full decoration and it was a 7x7 with 90 happiness so i would say it is a lot easier to get the full decoration and smaller then last year just might be a little harder to get the happness oh also i should add i have only spun the wheel 3 times for gold no money used and probably did not need to cause i think i used it on the rat and what ever the next 2 days after that were 

But you are spending gold.  So you have made my point.
    no i spent more gold last year so this year has costed me less money and less gold so easier is my point and i used the gold on the 3 that i have over 100% on so i did not need to spend the gold
    I have looked at your farm.  You ARE using a lot of gold for this task.  My comments are not about heavy-gold users.

I have a level 294 farm, 25th in rank on the US server.  My point is this:  If I cannot do this task without gold, then almost no one can.   And, I cannot complete this task with gold.  Both the snake and dragon will go uncompleted, which makes the decoration worthless.  And the 1 million dollar spin price is just absurd.  I was really looking forward to this event, and they ruined it.  They could have adjusted the chip counts required or the spin price in a matter of days.  It is insulting that neither has been done. 

You will never find me on this forum looking for a task to be "easy."  But, you can always expect me to complain when one is overly difficult or unfair.  The chip counts on several animals are too difficult for most users to ever have a chance at.  And, the price of the wheel is unfair, as almost no users can afford to use it more than once or twice.  Again, my farm is level 294, and I have filled out every square of space (which few farms have done).  I use the fireworks several times per day.  If I find it too hard to do without gold, then what about a level 84 farmer, who faces the same numbers of chips, etc?
  • Kamilcom (GB1)Kamilcom (GB1) Posts: 1,499
    edited 28.01.2017
    gavinfarms (US1) said:
    Again, my farm is level 294, and I have filled out every square of space (which few farms have done).  I use the fireworks several times per day. If I find it too hard to do without gold, then what about a level 84 farmer, who faces the same numbers of chips, etc?
    @gavinfarms (US1) Just for the record: Lower levels collect lower amount of chips. So as it looks big part of your rant is pointless as based on mistaken assumptions.

Post edited by Kamilcom (GB1) on
  • It would be good if the dog and pig chips would stop coming up when you are at 100% as it can't go higher than that. But of course they want to force us to use gold, as it's impossible to get the snake at 100% otherwise. If you don't you will be stuck with a 5x5 60 something decoration which I'm sure we all have enough of already. This game is getting more and more gold driven unfortunately. I'll just play for the individual prizes, and leave the decoration for what it is! 
  • 12:45...hello, where is fireworks??

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    Please be aware that the Twitter times for fireworks for the first part of today was not correct (as displayed in the right hand Twitter feed >>).

At the top of the page ^^ (all pages on the forum)  there is a pinkish-coloured banner that contains the corrected times for the remainder of the day.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i have only used 870 gold so far on the Chinese event and like i said before i really should not have used it it was a waste of my gold but i was impatient and wanted the 20 rewards for the days on my first harvest so i used it on the rat,ox and i think goat which are all way over 100% with plenty of time to do so i could have easily got those done for the event as a whole with out the gold now i have used a lot of sunflower seeds with seaweed humus with fireworks going and there is someone in my coop with all of them done and she did not use any gold at all
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    @ijrosh (US1), what level are you?

The event  is seams to be balanced sto, that it is somewhat easier for the lower levels to get all the signs. In high level cathegory (lvl 150 or higher), getting all signs is more complicated. 
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 28.01.2017
    I too am finding the CNY to be more difficult this year. (Probably because my spin cost is $1M which is ridiculous). Last year I used the spin feature a few times, it was only $100,000 per spin. (I am at level 231)  In any case, I disliked the decoration last year, (It is in storage) and still don't like it this year, so I find no point in spending Gold or Millions of Dollars for a spin. Will not be placing the deco so why would I spend to get the deco? Likewise, I have used a few event seeds and seaweed, but why would I waste all my event seeds and seaweed  on this since I don't like the deco and won't be placing it? I have basically only been playing the event for the hard work rewards since the finished deco will be another 5X5, 60ish Happiness deco, which I already have too many of. I work for a living, and have only been able to use one or two of the boosters each day, but it is nice to see that GGS is at least announcing the times.

edited 28.01.2017
    @ijrosh (US1) I'm with you on this one. :) Since the event is luck based for the most part players will progress not only based on how much time and strategy they put into it, but also based on Lady Luck being or not being with them. Chance factors, variability and random engine quality make the game very unpredictable and resistant to any precise results calculation. Some days I get my daily 20 on first not even complete FW harvest, other day I start with full night FW harvest in the morning and yet need 2 more FW harvests to get them. Just this morning I noticed funny streak - out of 9 fields got 6 or 7 pigs which I don't need at all, plus substantial high drop of pigs on other harvests too. What are the chances of getting 6 or 7 same chips out of possible 12 in a row of 9? Not gong into matrix calculations (might later) but it's hugely slim, near impossibility. Very rough of the top of head calc would make me think about one to tens of milons chance at the best. It was simply a piggy morning, shame I didn't need pigs. :):) If on the other hand I was lucky and got a streak like that dropping snakes on cherry orchard with FW, I'd be laughing about my snaky progress. :):):) So I do believe it's possible to complete the event with the right mix of strategy, timng and luck wthout even too big effort.
  • It would be easier if the stupid fireworks timer wouldn't say 40 minutes and then only last for 20 minutes!
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    The fireworks timer does seem to misbehave sometimes, I now reload game before the fireworks,  improves my harvest speed and have had no timer errors since I  started doing this .
  • KarenKay (US1)KarenKay (US1) Posts: 1,036
    @ijrosh (US1) I'm with you on this one. :) Since the event is luck based for the most part players will progress not only based on how much time and strategy they put into it, but also based on Lady Luck being or not being with them. Chance factors, variability and random engine quality make the game very unpredictable and resistant to any precise results calculation. Some days I get my daily 20 on first not even complete FW harvest, other day I start with full night FW harvest in the morning and yet need 2 more FW harvests to get them. Just this morning I noticed funny streak - out of 9 fields got 6 or 7 pigs which I don't need at all, plus substantial high drop of pigs on other harvests too. What are the chances of getting 6 or 7 same chips out of possible 12 in a row of 9? Not gong into matrix calculations (might later) but it's hugely slim, near impossibility. Very rough of the top of head calc would make me think about one to tens of milons chance at the best. It was simply a piggy morning, shame I didn't need pigs. :):) If on the other hand I was lucky and got a streak like that dropping snakes on cherry orchard with FW, I'd be laughing about my snaky progress. :):):) So I do believe it's possible to complete the event with the right mix of strategy, timng and luck wthout even too big effort.
    I agree as well, and Lady Luck shined on me with this morning's fireworks.  I had an unusual streak of dragons, 5 out of 10 fields, 3 out of 4 pigs, 3 out of 6 cow, and on every apple orchard taking dragons from 98% up to 103, woohoo.  Currently at 112/26.  Though the snake drops were fewer and farther in between, I still gained 3% which has been consistent.  Will I finish?  I don't see any reason why I won't, and that's without spending millions or gold on that silly wheel.  So mine will be based on the luck of the drop, and this mornings was awesome!  :)
  • PCA (GB1) said:

Did anyone notice if the extra happiness points, the ones you get after completing a zodiac sign and shown as a blue line, have stopped being counted ?

Mine seem to register no change since 2 days, both happiness value (the blue one only) and length of the blue line are unchanged

Anyone else noticed a problem, could you pls post ?

Thank you   :)

@PCA (GB1)

I completed the first 6 zodiac signs to more than 100% by the end of the 3rd day.  That gave me 56 happiness with a locked bonus happiness of 12.

In the 3 days since, Dog and Pig have been completed to 100%, but have NOT moved to more than 100%.  The Fire Rooster decoration has shrunk to 5x5, but the locked bonus happiness is still 12 :(

I'm waiting for Tiger to complete and hopefully progress to more than 100%, so that I can see how large the problem is before reporting it.
    Mine got stuck on 12 for a few days too, even though the extra happiness was still gaining on the animals, but seems to be ok now, it jumped to 16 this morning. :)
  • stef7 (US1)stef7 (US1) US1 Posts: 460

First I want to thank our CM’s for posting the fireworks times. This helps so much specially for us that work and can not be on the computer 8 hours a day. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Next I want to agree I do not see how this event can be 100% completed without gold use.

Yes some of it is much easier than last year. But some is harder as well.

For me personally I will not get the snake or the dragon without a lot of gold. I have already use a lot of gold on the booster during firework to get them just to half way. There is not way with out a lot more gold and firework and sunflowers I will get them to 100%.

To bad but it is what it is. At least I got the deco.

edited 28.01.2017
    gavinfarms (US1) said:
    Again, my farm is level 294, and I have filled out every square of space (which few farms have done).  I use the fireworks several times per day. If I find it too hard to do without gold, then what about a level 84 farmer, who faces the same numbers of chips, etc?
    @gavinfarms (US1) Just for the record: Lower levels collect lower amount of chips. So as it looks big part of your rant is pointless as based on mistaken assumptions.

I took all of that into account.  I am very aware of the point structure for various levels.   The various comments by ijrosh (US1) do not add up.  It is that simple.  I have looked at that farm.  2+2 equals 4, and it always equals 4. 

My farm has all the space used and will not finish this event without gold.  I believe that if the number 25 farm on the US server cannot finish the event, that that does indeed speak to the excessive difficulty of the event.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • My snake, dragon and rabbit symbols are working at a snail's pace - after completing 6 of my items, these are still below 16%, 23% and 34% respectively. Is that right? I like the CNY event and the deco - and am happy to have the entire thing built!  Now would like some extra happiness - does that make me greedy?
  • It would be easier if the stupid fireworks timer wouldn't say 40 minutes and then only last for 20 minutes!

I noticed that happen once so far, but if I held my mouse over the event int eh parking lot, it did show the correct time there, just the one at top of screen said 20 minutes longer, so I check both places now! =)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    gavinfarms (US1) said:

I took all of that into account.  I am very aware of the point structure for various levels.   The various comments by ijrosh (US1) do not add up.  It is that simple.  I have looked at that farm.  2+2 equals 4, and it always equals 4. 

My farm has all the space used and will not finish this event without gold.  I believe that if the number 25 farm on the US server cannot finish the event, that that does indeed speak to the excessive difficulty of the event.
    What about seaweed? Maybe he/she has hundreds or even thousands saved for this event, I know I do. For example 200 seaweed humus and 200 sunflower seeds in storage makes a big difference even if the player has only 2 fields. Two plus two doesn't always equal 4!
    Perhaps they can divulge if seaweed was used.  It would take massive seaweed humus on sunflowers with fireworks and spinning the wheel to make it remotely possible.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    edited 29.01.2017
    yes i have used sunflowers with seaweed  also roses give a lot too and with the fireworks announced i also do not collect anything on my farm until there is a firework happen even if it means hours of not playing plus i am sure i set my lab to 6 hours of premium cow feed and to be very clear i have not lied i have only spun the wheel 3 times with gold and never with money but i am also on and off all day and on for at least 4 hours at night pulse i am a level 116 it seems like the lower your level the easier it is to do there is someone in my guild that is level 43 and already has it all done and i have no idea if i will finish the snake or not but even if i do not i still have more of a decoration then i had last year so there for this years event is easier for me then last years i did not even get the full decoration complete and spent way more gold and money trying to get that done my rabbit is at 68%,dragon 65%,and snake 47%
  • Chaotic (US1)Chaotic (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    I have spun 3 times total, have all but a few hares and need 30% snakes.. but it's only day 9  ::shrugs::  I should have no trouble completing... if I need to buy a booster last day, I will, but sunflowers/roses then WF, full feed mills for fireworks, holding back cows and pigs til the FW then using short feeds, seems to be doing it for me.  ::knocking wood so as not to jinx myself::
    edited 29.01.2017
    I have spun 3 times total, have all but a few hares and need 30% snakes.. but it's only day 9  ::shrugs::  I should have no trouble completing... if I need to buy a booster last day, I will, but sunflowers/roses then WF, full feed mills for fireworks, holding back cows and pigs til the FW then using short feeds, seems to be doing it for me.  ::knocking wood so as not to jinx myself::
    what level are you?

I have all but the snake and dragon but are only at 59 and 68% and I only got them that way by using a lot of gold booster. Until I used the gold booster neither were even half way. 
    edited 29.01.2017
    Ok I have a question. Has anyone that is level 150 or better completed the snake or dragon zodiac so far.

If you have did you use gold booster to do it?
    Post edited by stef7 (US1) on
    what level are you?

I have all but the snake and dragon but are only at 59 and 68% and I only got them that way by using a lot of gold booster. Until I used the gold booster neither were even half way. 

My Snake and Dragon are 44 and 71 % atm with Rabbit and Tiger at 86 and 93 %. Mentioning it to point out how "luck" alias random engine influences our results and success chances.
Sign In to comment.