Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• Thanks Suzy - I have got all the rest but figure the deco. would look very silly with a big white blob instead of the missing part!  I'm going 'corn crazy' at the moment trying to make up my dragons, but am also going to try wet pigs and cows, wildflowers and alfalfa - still stuck at 34 per cent though at the moment - its just not happening for me right now - I'll stick with it though until it drives me totally insane!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 28.02.2018
    Thanks Suzy - I have got all the rest but figure the deco. would look very silly with a big white blob instead of the missing part!  I'm going 'corn crazy' at the moment trying to make up my dragons, but am also going to try wet pigs and cows, wildflowers and alfalfa - still stuck at 34 per cent though at the moment - its just not happening for me right now - I'll stick with it though until it drives me totally insane!
    Do as many wildflowers as you can, you get the same amount of chips as you do with alfalfa but less time to grow them.  They are free too, and you sell them for 1 each bushel.  Also, when you are walking away from the computer for a few hours set it for regular wheat, not special seeds.  When you come back and you have a chance for fireworks you can get a lot of chips that way.  Also long run your cows and pigs.  Well everything, feed, hummus, and silo.  All of it will collect a lot of chips when you come back, hopefully with some fireworks.  Keep also collecting on your orchards too.  I set long run wheat (cow feed) when I walk away for a while too.  Lots of chips with it.  Also, I only run crops other than wildflowers and wheat when I need to make feed for the animals.

I also keep everything moving on the gourmet farm to get the dung for the silo.  So, I collect the milk and donkeys constantly and just keep making the feed for them.  I don't collect too much on the ducks because they take so long just for growing the lambs lettuce to make the feed.  I seem to be keeping up with the main farm for dung.  I also keep 1 almond and 1 peach orchard going and collect the leaves for hummus.  I use the regular hummus on the long run wheat.

Oh, and good luck, I hope you complete it.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Someone just messaged me and said the times are German and I need to convert them to my local time to get the fireworks boosters...

So if my local time is +10 GMT, what is the math I need to convert whatever those times are, to mine?
    Then u need to add hours from the German to urs....

Another solution could also be setting the clock on the computer to  German time :)
  • if your time is GMT +10 then you add 9 hours to the CET time
  • 4. Again I know the spinning wheels are points. But that is REALLY DUMB! Especially when I DO have the fireworks going and maybe only have a few min left, I have to sit and wait for this dumb spinning wheel thing? 

@Artmaker (GB1) I checked with the team & you can X that box to stop it & you will still get the points reward.
  • How do we know how many cards we need, it seems to be very random on how the percentage points increase, for example I got 28 cards in a reward spin with no increase in percentage at all.  I don't like playing a game in the dark, tell us how many we need and how many we are getting like a popup that the fish have so we know where we stand.  There are so many things poping out of each item you harvest now that it is hard to tell which is a card, and from what I have seen the amount per harvest is very random, sometimes 3 sometimes 2 sometimes 7 or 6 for the same crop.  Since I got to 100% on the Dog it has not moved even though dogs dropped like rain instead any pigs yesterday.  I can;t remember which day it was now but I played a lot that day because I was selling eggs and entertaining myself between customers with the game, cards dropped all day but it took until that night, 23 minutes before the challenge ended for me to accomplish level 1, that can't possibly be correct, but there is no way for me to figure it out if there are no numbers.
  • dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993
    I collected about 25000 chips before getting the 27th bonus happiness.  
  • jay53 (AU1)jay53 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 151
    @GoldenrodFarm (US1)   CrazyBigFarm has the totals needed per level on her website at
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

J

• I'm so glad you posted this up - I was sure I lost 4% of one of my cards, from 37% to 33% a couple of days ago but thought I must have got it wrong - now I'm convinced I didn't.  This morning I've lost another 1% of my tiger cards (the same ones I thought I lost a couple of days ago)  I've spent so much gold trying to get the 100% of them I know I should have made it by now but still sit at just 47%.  Something is very wrong somewhere - but I know one things for certain - we wont get our gold back and I should have known better than to spend it on an event like this - they always have at least one problem that causes a gold spend issue.
    Well, as hard as I worked on this event there is no way I will ever get the full zodiacs completed.  I still need snakes and I am only 85%.  I was 84% all day yesterday and today and only just made 85% a couple of hours ago.  So, not one to be defeated easily, I swear this game really is setup for failure unless you throw a bunch of gold at it.   Not to mention the having to do the math for fireworks and those not working as they should have anyway.  So, have at it those of you who do like to use gold.  I don't have deep pockets.  I hope someone at least got all the zodiacs finished to get their deco as high in happiness as possible.
  • Checked the CNY this morning to see what chips will be given and it says I have won all todays rewards, when I haven't even collected anything, so it is still set on yesterdays prizes with 16hrs still to go, is GB going to miss out on the last day as well as the first, this is most unfair to the players, not a happy bunny right now.  I work so miss out on a lot of the fireworks and have never yet managed to complete the decoration, yet another year that I haven't finished it.  
  • As best as I can tell, there were only supposed to be 15 days of daily challenges (Day 15 of 15 is showing on my Event window) and even tho Day 1 was 'short' there was still a 'Day 1' so it counted as part of the 15 of 15.

So our Day 15 of Daily Challenges has ended even tho the Event still has 15 hr 30 mins left.  Now only collecting chips to finish out chip sets is left until the Event timer runs out.
  • That's unfair, what's the point in having it running for 16 days if you only get 15 days of prize chips
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    And, we lost hours of chip collecting when the event reset at midnight on the first day.
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    the cny was broke for the last five days for me, altho the numbers still counted when doing the hw stuff

it coincided with the completion of the snake, my % numbers never increased for any animal after that, same goes for other members of my coop
  • Corvid (GB1)Corvid (GB1) GB1 Posts: 625
    Just my opinion that after you completing the brown ring on every zodiacs, you need to completing them again once more to get bonus happiness (as I see on help instruction)
    im absolutely sure that was the case last year, to make the additional happiness count, you had to complete another cycle (the blue ring) of the given animal

but now some are saying the bonus is already added without a completion taking place?

if that is the case, GGS might have given us a head's up it had changed

just because the lock was taken off the deco happiness growth, doesn't translate in my book that you necessary have it, all that it indicates to me is that you are now able to attain it if you meet the right conditions (ie as was the case last year)
    I'm only at 89% on snakes. 
    Oh, man, you would have made it if we had those 6 hours back. :(
    Oh, man, you would have made it if we had those 6 hours back. :(
    Yeah, it wanted over 4,000 gold coin to get what I needed.  I really worked hard, it shouldn't be that difficult to complete these events without being forced to use gold.  I didn't spend it, I took it as is.  I did get it at 5x5 and 100 happiness with 15VH.  So, that's good anyway.
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    Well the event finished and I didn't, but got an offer to complete it for 102,384 gold.

What a laugh, GGS you are dreaming!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    I didn't even get my firedog decoration after it ended so i guess I completed the event for nothing?
  • Heres what I had as an offer to complete 2 zodiacs:

26,915 to finish filling Rabbit
    73,520 to finish filling Snake
    = 100,435 gold   =$99.99  (130k goldpack plus 180k Farm Cash)
    .....are you Serious??? 
    Don't want to think what having only half the zodiacs filled would be to finish them.

I got the 27 bonus happiness, it was added to the 115 making 142.  I then used decoration parts to make it 150.  

150 regular happiness and 24 village happiness in a 5x5!

This quality 5 decoration is way better than a level 6 decoration.  

It costed me 50 spins on the wheel and 40 sunflower seeds with seaweed humus to complete the snake and the dragon.  
  • It costed me 50 spins on the wheel and 40 sunflower seeds with seaweed humus to complete the snake and the dragon.  
    Good job, happy you got that all done.  :)
    It  cost me many more sunflowers/seaweed than that and still didn't finish those two. Different amounts for different level played.   Wish that wan't the case. 
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    This was a very poor event as there was no way to target the specific groups for items and so it was too random... even if you spent gold for the boosters it was still too random.  Another fail event brought to you by GGS!
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Well, I actually did get it done without using any gold, although only finished the snakes during the last fireworks, so if i had lost half a day like some servers I wouldn't have finished those either.
    Planted sunflower seeds every night for the duration and tried to have roses ready for every fireworks I managed to catch. Stopped using the wheel after about 10 times, too many dogs and pigs!
    Deco 5x5 with 177 HP and 32 VHP is not bad I think.

Well, I actually did get it done without using any gold, although only finished the snakes during the last fireworks, so if i had lost half a day like some servers I wouldn't have finished those either.
    Planted sunflower seeds every night for the duration and tried to have roses ready for every fireworks I managed to catch. Stopped using the wheel after about 10 times, too many dogs and pigs!
    Deco 5x5 with 177 HP and 32 VHP is not bad I think.

That is excellent. My happiness was nothing to shout about -- lost many hours the first day, and missed quite a few fireworks. You did a great job!
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Thx, but as I said, if I'd missed the first day like some servers, I wouldn't have finished either.'
    So I was lucky everything worked fine on our server. :)
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    edited 04.03.2018
    talking about the lost hours on d'Ay 1 
    dix i have hallucinations reading ggs promised US server would be granted the day 1 step rewards as compensation ?

where are they ?

Sign In to comment.