Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chinese New Year Event

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @artful (US1) As far as I know there are no free spins on the Zodiac wheel, I am fairly sure I paid even on the 1st one. You just get a choice between cash (random) or gold (you choose the animal) & the cash price varies depending on your player level.

Glad I asked -- the "cost" section isn't as obvious as it is for other similar type components of the game -- it's freakin' tiny, and not bold and upfront.  Thanks, WW. You saved me from a costly mistake. :)
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 02.03.2018
    The booster wheel for me is $200,000 FD for a random spin and 290 gold for the Chosen animal spin.

Is there a guide anywhere that explains which animals can be obtained where?

So far I have:

Rat 107% ==> 112% ==> 114%
    Ox 106% ==> 109% ==> 110%
    Tiger 33% ==> 60% ==> 67%
    Rabbit 18% ==> 39% ==> 45%
    Dragon 18% ==> 28% ==> 32%
    Snake 12% ==> 26% ==> 32%
    Horse 104% ==> 107% ==> 108%
    Goat 90% ==> 105% ==> 106%
    Monkey 86% ==> 105% ==> 106%
    Rooster 81% ==> 105% ==> 106%
    Dog 57% ==> 100% ==> 100%
    Pig 41% ==> 69% ==> 86%

(EDIT: Update of my percentages, also using gold for specific spins is apparently a waste of time as they don't seem to boost anything)

EDIT #2: Update of my percentages, 7 hours to go, playing all day everyday... unfinishable.  Funny how some figures got to some point and just stopped even though I was still playing and collecting to no avail.
    Post edited by archerbob (AU1) on
  • Personally, it one of the most fun events in the game. I didn't understand it the first time, but last year it bought me a lot a happiness so this year I was wating for it. It's the only event for which I opened Bigfarm on my work break, otherwise I have never even opened bigfarm on work. Make more events like this (after you finish with the bugs though lol). Great work guys!
  • I read a lot of comments on this thread and on some other CNY threads about people complaining that they couldn't get the complete decoration. Also many people complain about not being able to win in many other events. I think that for most events, you have to be above certain level or you need to have developed your farm to a certain extent, to complete it. I have been playing this game for 3 years now and I intend to play on. If you are on level 50 or something and complain about not being able to finish the event, then thats just unfair to the developers. This game is meant to be played for extended period of time. I like this kind of games so I play it. If you aren't into waiting long time to get to higher levels, or waiting long time for decorations, or you are very competetive (and also don't want to spend real money) then you are just in the wrong genre altogether. And I know it frustrates you but its unfair to release the frustration on the developers. If you really want to play goodgamestudio they also make other games(you might find them more to your taste maybe). Don't complain so much that they give up on the project altogether. People like me who have played this game for so long don't want that. It's part of the daily routine for me. It makes me happy to play this game. Please be considerate of us. Have a nice day!

• @archerbob (AU1) The drop of different animals are random, so the only way to target one would be the gold option on the wheel. Your numbers look to be pretty normal, the hardest ones to fill are the Snake, Dragon, Rabbit & Tiger, probably because they hold the most +happiness for the deco & the dog & pig reduce the deco size. There is still a week to go, try to catch as many fireworks as you can for those triple points, but there is no doubt the boosters do help if you can get them.
  • Borgia (SK1)Borgia (SK1) SK1 Posts: 455
    There is NOT a pattern. Chips fall randomly. it is NOT like : pig falls only from pigs or ox falls better from cows.

i finaly started to like that event this year, because i have a good chance for getting full deco (just missing tiger-93%, rabbit 68%, dragon 61% and snake 82%). HOWEVER it DID cost me a LOT. countless ammount of FD(millions just flown down the river, because the sign i got was no good to me), and well over 50 000 of gold(although this is hard to count, as i've been spending also for that wedding planner nonsense- and got effin nothing, because it's really THAT hard even on third level).
    My life can revolve around the game to certain extent, which is actualy sad :smiley: (because of my work i have too much time on my hands, but can't go anywhere, so i can sit at the laptop 12+hours a day, every day, no days off.).
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    Unlike the other years its harder this year. In the coop I am in, feel so anyway.

My coop leader said just as of today "Just wish more animal signs would come" - and I do agree with her in that.

And overall we dont use that much gold, but maybe thats the problem...!?
    Unlike the other years its harder this year. In the coop I am in, feel so anyway.

My coop leader said just as of today "Just wish more animal signs would come" - and I do agree with her in that.

And overall we dont use that much gold, but maybe thats the problem...!?
    It's definitely harder this year. In the past, I didn't use gold or seaweed and just by farming normally, was much further along than I am this year. 
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    It was stated in one of the Mod posts that the number of chips required has been adjusted for the highest group of farm levels . It seems a bit harder than last year, so maybe my farm has been underdeveloped over the year , must try harder ....  :*
  • Tinzen (SKN1)Tinzen (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 473
    It was stated in one of the Mod posts that the number of chips required has been adjusted for the highest group of farm levels . It seems a bit harder than last year, so maybe my farm has been underdeveloped over the year , must try harder ....  :*
    Where have that been? Either I have overseen it, or it got lost in all the fireworks complains...
    Where have that been? Either I have overseen it, or it got lost in all the fireworks complains...
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/173323/update-feb-13th-optimisations-and-small-cny-changes#latest
  • garybaldy (GB1)garybaldy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 502
    Looking at my collection rate on snakes , as an approximation the total required has gone up from ~70,000 chips last year to about 80,000 . Fair enough IMO, as people have had a year to upgrade farms  .
  • i just got one chance on the  rat chips for one million dollars.  Enough to make me give up gambling.

• I played on and off today collecting everything 5 times and only an hour ago did it budge from level 1 award, it went from lv 1 to lv 8 in one rush.  Guess it just got caught up with the day, sometimes I lag but not all day long!
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    The fireworks were not going, but the timer was on for it.

• WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 24.02.2018
    Seems I'm in a minority in NOT liking this event.  That's ok, the good thing about this game, and even this event, is my not working on it doesn't hurt anyone else.   
    And that's where the good part ends.

What I DON'T like…
    1.  I just don't get it.   How do you work TOWARDS anything here?  Seems it's just log in and play and a whole bunch of extra junk will fly out of everything and you win prizes.   But that's not really a goal is it?   It's not like oh I better push piggies or anything.    

2. Because this has rolled around in the past I already know the deco I end up with will be huge, mostly empty, and ugly.  Not once have I ever actually put it on my farm.  So no real prize as far as I'm concerned.

3.  Fireworks…. several members of my coops keep sending out emails with all the times.
    First of all my life will NEVER revolve around this game.   I play when I have time and that's it.  Sometimes I get lucky and they are going, most times not.  Don't care.  
    Besides times…. the clock on the farms makes no sense to me at all and I'm NOT about to go trying to convert times on my UK farm, my US farm and the International farm.   Again I have a life. 
    Suggestion;  why not just post "hours until the next one"  Simple.  NO time translating, no ditzy dumb day/night graphic, no bugs. (hopefully.)

4.  Seems CONSTANTLY some window pops up with spinning wheels saying "you won this…"  And I have to wait for all the spinners to stop, click ok, just to continue playing.    When one is doing a mission this is particularly annoying.   I STILL don't know what I "won."   I get to see spinners twirl?  Joy.

So…. playing as I normally play, looks like in the next week or so I MIGHT fill the rat.
    MAYBE the horse.   Doubtful anything else.  No clue exactly what produces what chip, doesn't seem like there is any real goal to "try for" here.  I'll end up with another basically empty and huge graphic that will only sit in storage until I get around to deleting it.

So this is an event for those who have nothing else to do all day, every day but sit on this game,
    OR for those who spend real cash to push things to in effect buy your prize.
    It's not a "prize" if you have to buy it.   And not win able if you only play this game as an occasional past time.
    @Artmaker (GB1)

1. When you hover your cursor over each animal circle, you can see below what you win for completing that animal - So if you want to make your deco smaller, you need to fill the dog or pig (or both), if you want the missing pieces of the deco, 7 of the animals have parts of that.
    3. The times listed on the Tweets are CET, which is just 1 hour ahead of the time shown on the clock on your UK farm.
    4.The spinning rewards are points - It shows an animal & how many points you won for that animal - If the challenge for the day is to collect snake points, those activity rewards get you more snake points so that you are closer to the next activity reward.
    5. You get a random animal chip for everything that you harvest, its point value depends on what you harvested. The number of points needed to complete the animals, depends on your player level. During fireworks you get triple points & if you use the Zodiac Wheel, you get double the number of chips (half will be whatever animal you spun on the wheel).

If you want to target a particular animal, you will need to use gold on the wheel, but you can get lucky with cash sometimes,I have had it land on the one I want a few times.
    (millions just flown down the river, because the sign i got was no good to me), 
    @Borgia (SK1) Apart from the pig & dog (once they are completed) the others do still add happiness, so they are not totally "no good", but I agree it sucks when you spend money & it doesn`t land on one that you really need. :/
    The fireworks were not going, but the timer was on for it.
    @SuzyQ22 (US1) There is a display error that has been around since the event was 1st run, where the timer on the bar at the top of the screen & the one you see when you hover over the event, do not always match up. The one on the event stall is the correct time, I don`t know if switching farms gets them to match again, but relogging does.
  • Sam-chan (US1)Sam-chan (US1) US1 Posts: 783
    edited 24.02.2018
    collecting dog and pig when they are both at 100% should not happen  : give US the chips we miss or give us an exchange market to switch the extra dogs and pigs to missing snakes or dragons or rabbits 
    same for the spins in the stages rewards for the next "all chips daily challenge"
    Post edited by Sam-chan (US1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Wascally, (putting your comment to me below this because I can't seem to figure out how to first quote only the portion I'm answering then add text on this forum.)

So… my answers here, numbered.

1. I know. I have looked at what all the animals do. I've tried and only EVER managed to get one or two of them. Not a piece of deco I'd ever bother with. Not a "prize." (my opinion, I know some people like this one.) I just don't sit here long enough to win such a prize. So for me the whole event is just more junk in the way until it's finally OVER.
    Suggestion; it would be nice if this piece of deco is one we can improve every time the event rolls around. ADD to the deco we have until it's filled up. Now that I might be more likely to work on.

3. (No 2? lol.) Times…. now this one gets me. I am NEVER going to schedule my life around this game. I play in between doing other things, or with my morning coffee, before bed (when I am least likely to try and "figure out" how this game works.) I don't care at all about the little clock or when stuff starts and… I DO NOT CHECK TWITTER AND DON'T HAVE OR EVER WANT A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. So that isn't happening. If fireworks are going, great. If not, so what. now I know some people do watch it. One of the coop leaders I'm with stayed up an extra hour because she miscalculated the times. The good thing about this game is people can play any way they want. This aspect just isn't for me. At least this event doesn't hurt the whole coop if I choose to ignore it.

4. Again I know the spinning wheels are points. But that is REALLY DUMB! Especially when I DO have the fireworks going and maybe only have a few min left, I have to sit and wait for this dumb spinning wheel thing? And it's just wrong when it says "this is what you won." I haven't WON anything yet. Just points TOWARDS a possible prize. I know the team is working on assorted upgrades, can you please stick this on on their to do list? Get rid of the stupid, time wasting spinning wheel thing? IN fact that goes for the hard worker, the coop championships and anything else where our "prizes" are popped up right in the middle of the screen during game time. Off on the side would be nice. Or better still, off into some place where WE can open and view at a time of our choosing. Probably AFTER trying to plant something.

5. Again, way too much information to digest in this simple click fest of a game. And gold use for this just isn't in the plan. Gold (for me at least) is best spent on upgrades that are permanent. Such as the water tower, or buying library books. Sometimes I will spend a little to push crops during the championships. But even that… they have been coming at us too often. Last one I barely even participated in. Few more coop members left too. GG really needs to scale back the competition aspect of this game. Once in a long while is fun. Every few weeks? Huge drag. Very little distance between fun and not fun.

By the way, I posted this somewhere else, but I just lost a TON of gold on that upgrade your deco truck. I had over 10,000 gold saved up, before I realized the thing was set by default to use gold and not parts I was down to 2000. JUST enough for the rare blue cert. Played the wheel a bunch of times hoping to win one. Actually made it to gold level, (first time EVER.) But no mine certs. So I'll be pinching every coin now. Took forever just to save what I had. No more pushing crops or anything until I can replace some.

GOLD LOCK…. needed bad. No way I'd ever spend real money when it can be lost so easily. GG only got back what they gave me. Still frustrating though. Happens all too often. But this was by far the largest amount I blew by mistake.

@Artmaker (GB1)

1. When you hover your cursor over each animal circle, you can see below what you win for completing that animal - So if you want to make your deco smaller, you need to fill the dog or pig (or both), if you want the missing pieces of the deco, 7 of the animals have parts of that.
    3. The times listed on the Tweets are CET, which is just 1 hour ahead of the time shown on the clock on your UK farm.
    4.The spinning rewards are points - It shows an animal & how many points you won for that animal - If the challenge for the day is to collect snake points, those activity rewards get you more snake points so that you are closer to the next activity reward.
    5. You get a random animal chip for everything that you harvest, its point value depends on what you harvested. The number of points needed to complete the animals, depends on your player level. During fireworks you get triple points & if you use the Zodiac Wheel, you get double the number of chips (half will be whatever animal you spun on the wheel).

If you want to target a particular animal, you will need to use gold on the wheel, but you can get lucky with cash sometimes,I have had it land on the one I want a few times.
    edited 25.02.2018
    I've only earned the first two awards in the CNY for today.  I haven't been on much for Day 10 because life is more important.  I have gone far in this event, but it just goes to show this game takes way too much time away from family to play it, and really succeed at it.  I will only play when I can and it doesn't matter whether I win a new deco or not.  Family and sleep are far more important than this game is.  I decided to make cookies for my family instead of playing this game.  Really, just get back with family, it's far more important.

• dchen1 (US1)dchen1 (US1) US1 Posts: 993

When I have 26 extra regular happiness when all zodiacs are complete, it does not go any higher even after collecting more than 10000 zodiac chips.  How do I get more bonus happiness?

I think you receive the bonus happiness after the event ends.
  • Mac (AU1)Mac (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14
    Just had fireworks on the AU1 server but there seems to be a problem.  My timer said that I have 20 minutes left BUT I am only getting 2 chips per wilds field.  What the???

Another bug in the system maybe.  :(

Where's the aerosol spray??  :)

• debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    edited 25.02.2018
    I think that there is a maximum happiness the decoration can be, not sure what it is for this year. You may have reached the maximum so it's not increasing anymore. 
  • AngelinaCC (US1)AngelinaCC (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 25.02.2018
    my bonus happiness is at 31 so 26 is not the maximum.  However, mine has not increased in several days either and i thought maybe i had reached the maximum even though last year I think the maximum was 35.  Now i'm thinking there may be a glitch somewhere if I'm not the only one with this issue.

It would be nice (ethical) for GGS to let us know what the maximum is, but i think they prefer to keep it a secret so we use more gold. 

It's doubtful you'd get any response from support before the event was over, but you could try.  

Good luck!
  • Surya54 (INT1)Surya54 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 507
    The maximum bonus happiness value is capped by your farm level. See http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/annual/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm for more info.
    edited 25.02.2018
    Here it is again, timer on and this time the fireworks are going, but the timer says longer than the fireworks by half the time.  So, fireworks will end but the timer will still be going and the extra chips won't come.  There is a 20 minute difference, the timer says 20 minutes longer than the actual fireworks on the CNY event.  I can't get them both on the screen shot though.

This screen shot shows fireworks done with the timer still going.  Extra chips are not coming, it is back to normal as well.

• Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    My timer is up the whack again with 25 minutes remaining on the fireworks timer but no more bonus.  I'm too busy planting & harvesting as much as I can to keep checking in the carpark on the icon to see how much time is left.  The timer at the top of the screen is in the perfect place to see the amount of time left.  When that is out of whack it's very annoying.  You think you have lots of time left but wham! no more bonus chips but the timer keeps on chugging away saying there is plenty of time left.

Has someone run out of bug spray for these bugs??  :)
  • this is the 3rd day now timer still going but the extra signs u get stop.  so disappointing :((
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 26.02.2018
    http://crazybigfarm.tk/events/chinese_new_year/chinese_new_year.htm

Trying this link, above didn't work.

Edit:
    My link worked. above link has incorrect part in it: /annual/.
    edited 26.02.2018
    Twice today the timer was in tune with the parking lot fireworks.  I hope it continues now.

Update:   Fireworks were on and off now.  The timer still showing almost 25 minutes left of fireworks, but alas, none and the bonus chips are not there.
    Post edited by SuzyQ22 (US1) on
Sign In to comment.