Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Coop Championship: Taking away Gold flowers and mining license prizes?

Comments

• This is just a game!!! Why be rude to each other??? Save that sort of passion for the things that really matter!!!

Dammmmm.......the torpedoes, full speed ahead!!!!

• actually I was being polite
  • Frog Princess (AU1)Frog Princess (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38
    edited 16.10.2016
    actually I was being polite

My comment was absolutely NOT directed at you........

My apologies then :)

My apologies then :)
    No problem.....this is a crazy thread......... :smile:
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    The thing that is bugging me most apart from the frequency of the CC is that GGS has "enhanced" the event by taking away useful rewards. Their claim that the seaweed rewards have higher value than the gold may be true from a gold cost standpoint but seaweed benefits are limited to the one action. We can use seaweed to instantly collect a product, whether its from an orchard or a field but it cant be used to upgrade or buy a special building. At least with gold we have a number of options, instant collect produce, speed up an upgrade, buy a special building etc etc.

I understand GGS's main goal is to make money but if you are going to "enhance" an event by changing its rewards then why leave useless pointless rewards like catalyzers and collectibles in the mix? If I want 180 teamwork collectibles for example I can achieve that with normal farming, why should that be a stage 90+ reward (don't know the exact stage, sorry) in a coop challenge? There are other comical collectible rewards even worse than this in the upper stages of the event.

We are yet to see the new rewards list but i'm assuming the only changes that will be made is goldflowers/gml switched for seaweed, the other rewards will remain unchanged. If you are going to "improve" a rewards list then look at improving the ENTIRE list, don't just take away all items of value and claim the event is enhanced.
  • Hey guys,

Some posts have been removed. We understand that you're upset about the recent changes but please don't derail the thread with attacks or insults towards other. You can continue to discuss this topic and we will of course continue to pass on your feedback.

Thank you,
    Cuddly
  • anifromid (US1)anifromid (US1) US1 Posts: 103

Boycott the Challenge? GGS could increase its recurrence to force us playing it. Will they? I don't know. But they easily could.
    So let's play the Challenge, but with no gold purchase. That ought to talk to them, if sales decrease dramatically. 
    I find this fascinating...... and recurring.  It's a game, if it's not fun, you don't play.  The CC isn't fun, but I played for the gold rewards..... they are now gone and I will have no problem ignoring the little yellow tent and the mission button.  Personally, I'm thinking this is just the tip of the iceberg and future coop challenges will involve the mysterious village dollars, which I expect to be about as useful as the catalysts currently are.   B)
  • Damaria3 (US1)Damaria3 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,737

Boycott the Challenge? GGS could increase its recurrence to force us playing it. Will they? I don't know. But they easily could.
    So let's play the Challenge, but with no gold purchase. That ought to talk to them, if sales decrease dramatically. 
    I find this fascinating...... and recurring.  It's a game, if it's not fun, you don't play.  The CC isn't fun, but I played for the gold rewards..... they are now gone and I will have no problem ignoring the little yellow tent and the mission button.  Personally, I'm thinking this is just the tip of the iceberg and future coop challenges will involve the mysterious village dollars, which I expect to be about as useful as the catalysts currently are.   B)
    I agree the catalyst are a big hoax and they keep ramming them at us like they are giving us something useful it is insutling and I try not to let them ruin my mood. I am spending more time building my zoo and other games cause this one sure isnt the only game in town. It could easily be moved to the back burner.
  • question,
    why should we help you guys with the test server when you take away our gold flowers ?
    Test farm is a useless feature.
    I guess GGS has ran out of testers. Or may be they are unable to pay them.
    Thats why they are imposing the test farm on us.

• jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    This thread was definitely never created to point fingers at each other or talk about what strategies players use in the coop championship. That's a totally different thread and it's in the forum somewhere :)

This was purely a place for us all to state very explicitly that we are not satisfied with the idea of GGS replacing gold flowers and the mining licence with new rewards that they perceive as an improvement.

I hope that as a whole, and really I can't find a single post where someone is happy about these changes, we are not pleased, that we don't want this to happen, and hope that someone at GGS will hear how ticked their customers are. We will have to see in 18 hours what the new prizes are but in the test server we see seaweed as an item in the inventory. You can use it to make "humus" it says. Well is that for the people that can actually afford to upgrade their laboratory and make seaweed humus? Because I know for a fact that I can't afford it. I won't be able to ever afford a laboratory beyond level 10 to take advantage of this seaweed reward, if this is the item replacing our much prized gold flowers and mining licence.

My coop has already stated that they are looking forward to taking it very easy this CC if the hard worker rewards are not worth the effort. I've made it very clear that I don't want a single person feeling the need to spend gold on anything. At this point, for the hours I put in doing missions, I can see many more things I can do with my time instead.
  • so far I love the new changes . still a bit too slow to change the boring repeating  weekly task.. not bothering to do them anymore as there is no point to winning the same DEC over and over again..Please get rid of the red exclamation mark on the world map.. its distracting ,annoying and not necessary. as for gold licence.. Ive played this game daily for over a year now and never managed to win a gold licence. so I wont miss it.
    @NANNY B (TEST_SERVER1) If you collected all 60 event decos in a year that is pretty good going, but I have to disagree with you that there is no point winning them again. That used to be true, but now that we have Greta, there is never too many decos & event decos are some of the best to dismantle for parts. :)

question,
    why should we help you guys with the test server when you take away our gold flowers ?
    Test farm is a useless feature.
    I guess GGS has ran out of testers. Or may be they are unable to pay them.
    Thats why they are imposing the test farm on us.

@Dharu_89 (IN1) I love the test server, there is no pressure, its fun being a noob again & you get to play with new stuff. I don`t feel like it was "imposed" on me, as it is totally optional. :)
  • :( What is GGS thinking taking away the two items that everyone looks forward to getting. Being of lower income those two options to get gold are my only options. Since they decided to no longer offer the $29.99 specials and now you have to spend $50.00 this game is not for me. I enjoy this game and have been playing for a long time. I WAS a gold buyer also I purchased lots of the $29.99 deals. I do not feel that GGS is looking out for there players on BF, just trying to get richer and richer. They only cater to the rich now. As of right now I know of 27 players who have gone to Farmville and one coop that has dismantled. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?? After this coop challenge I am thinking of playing Paradise island and saying goodbye to what is getting to be a rich mans game
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    edited 16.10.2016
    I think from what I have read regarding the CC, that GGS should do what they abide by and listen to their members/players and bring back the GML & Gold Flowers. Also the opportunities to gain these rewards and others, like horseshoes & offering people to buy the lower dollar amounts of Gold purchases, should be made more accessible throughout the game. It looks to me that most players, if not all, are very unhappy with these changes, and you should listen to the people who make your game so very successful. (In My Opinion!)
  • LET'S BE HONEST... THE ONLY WAY GGS WILL TAKE NOTICE OF OUR ANNOYANCE OVER THE CHANGE OF THE PRIZES IS THAT WE ALL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (INCLUDING THE DAILY MISSION ON THE SIDE BAR) DURING THE COOP CHALLENGE! I FOR ONE AM DOING EXACTLY THAT, NOTHING, NO MISSIONS AT ALL DURING THE CHALLENGE! WE NEED TO SPEAK TO EACH OTHER AND BOYCOTT THE THING ENTIRELY UNTIL THEY RE-INSTATE GOLD FLOWERS AND LISCENSES! EVEN THE BIGGEST AND RICHEST COOPS HAVE PLAYERS WHO AREN'T ABLE TO BUY GOLD REGULARLY AND NEED THE GML AND FLOWERS!

COME ON GUYS! PULL TOGETHER!!

MRS.M
  • Gold is the expectation of the most anticipated by any player or both of the increase in the level of CC. and if you remove or replace the exotic value of this game will be lost.
    and you should know that not all players can buy gold for this game, not a game created to make the players feel comfortable and love so that the players will continue to play and you will get the reciprocal of it all.
    we do this (boycott) solely because we care and we really wanted to play with a relaxing and challenging. and in exchange - in exchange for a better and attractive than before. sorry but you only made us upset

• nola1 (INT1)nola1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 188
    I agree absolutely mrs.madmick  I'm so glad our co-op has agreed to not go full out for the next CC. I do however feel sorry for the younger farms/farmers in our co-op. We'll probably get demoted to Rookie league, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. At least until the gold seeds and GML are re-instated.
  • Swapping out the Gold mining licenses and gold flower seeds for decos or seaweed is not an equal trade for the better.   At least with earning the Gold flower seeds and licenses gives the players the choice on how they want to use their reward to make improvements to their farms along with an incentive to even compete in the challenge.   Really how much can it be costing them to give these rewards compared to the amount that they receive from the players like myself that will purchase the gold when they run their deals. This is a BIG MISTAKE by GGS to remove these rewards. Shame on GGS for being sooooo Greedy!!
  • VERY BRAVE AND VERY STUPID ANNOUNCEMENT GGS!!!!

why do only what is good move out and what is bad for months does not solve?

I will give up, and yes I am gold player and gold buyer..but if this is true ..then I am ex

NO GOLD CHOICE

BFGG is becoming greedier by the day.  Taking away gold rewards in champs is just pure greed with the guise of giving us a higher valued gold prize.  And what is wrong with players making their own decisions on how they spend their hard earned gold.  Does BF really think, we can not make decisions for ourselves.  I will not be purchasing or using ANY GOLD in champs.   I hope others follow suit.  Let's send a unified message to BFGG,  DO NOT USE GOLD THIS CHAMPS.  Thank you fellow players.  Winning the game does not supersede principles.

• Hi , I would like to see the gold flowers seeds and the mining licenses to  be put back into the rewards  on the CC . for the gold that is spent during the CC  the rewards should be the very best . you have GG . you should want us to feel spending our hard earn money is worth it , it's not  and has never been . . and I think  giving the duck to the top 3 co-op is the right thing to do as well . It will bring hope back to players . it will also be more fair . it's hard to give it your all when  we know there is no hope . Please think about it . let's be fair  so many co-op stop playing the CC because of this fact . also bring the apple trees back for  us to win 6x6 
    Thank You ,
    Always   Fire and Ice 
  • mertecu (US1)mertecu (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    The gold flowers and mining license gave players the opportunity to CHOOSE what they wanted to use it for.  Seaweed items do not help upgrade gold only structures like the water tower.  By taking away these items you are taking away a large part of the motivation of coops to participate in the challenge.  This is truly a bad move.
  • mydraal (US1)mydraal (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    The gold mining license is what we leaders in the coop used to motivate some of the lower level players to participate in the challenge.  The seaweed items do not have the same value, even if they have the same gold value, as actual gold.  This will be detrimental to the challenge as well as the longevity of players as a whole!
  • So this is a recent announcement and I would like to know why this was a change that we needed?

"Hey everyone,
    The next Cooperative Tournament is coming soon and we want to let you know in advance that we enhanced some of the event rewards..
    Activity and ranking rewards that include goldflower seeds and gold mining licenses will be replaced by different kinds of seaweed items, of greater overall gold value than the one earned from the removed items.
    Some decorations will be replaced by other awesome decorations.
    The overall value of the rewards you can win will now be higher.

Best Regards,
    Your BF Team"

Those gold flower seeds were honestly so good for our coop's morale and now they are being replaced by things that have "greater overall gold value". However, could you consider the fact that those gold flowers and mining licenses were rewards that many people actually coveted?

• I would rather they reduced the number of C.Challenges but kept the goldflower/mining rewards.  I don't really even enjoy the CC event - but it is worth it for the goldflowers - they are so lovely and full of promise.
    Otherwise it makes more sense to spend your energy on other coop projects.

• The new changes to the challenge $uck.
    The gold mining license and gold seeds were a reward that many players needed.
    This is a "free" online game and many people play for entertainment and socialization because they don't have an entertainment budget in real life.
    Those rewards helped them to advance in the game Ie: watertowers and workshops that otherwise they could not have gotten
    Very disappointed in the apparent greed of GGS on this issue
    All that these rewards cost GGS was a little goodwill and gratitude
    linlub
    Fire and Ice
  • First they give us BAD gold deals.  Only the people with big bank accounts can afford.

Now they take away the gold flowers from challenge prizes???  GREED on their part

• Arwyn (RO1)Arwyn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 403
    LET'S BE HONEST... THE ONLY WAY GGS WILL TAKE NOTICE OF OUR ANNOYANCE OVER THE CHANGE OF THE PRIZES IS THAT WE ALL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING (INCLUDING THE DAILY MISSION ON THE SIDE BAR) DURING THE COOP CHALLENGE! I FOR ONE AM DOING EXACTLY THAT, NOTHING, NO MISSIONS AT ALL DURING THE CHALLENGE! WE NEED TO SPEAK TO EACH OTHER AND BOYCOTT THE THING ENTIRELY UNTIL THEY RE-INSTATE GOLD FLOWERS AND LISCENSES! EVEN THE BIGGEST AND RICHEST COOPS HAVE PLAYERS WHO AREN'T ABLE TO BUY GOLD REGULARLY AND NEED THE GML AND FLOWERS!

COME ON GUYS! PULL TOGETHER!!

MRS.M
    I want to announce that a lot of coop from sever RO1 decided to boycott the CC.The more the better
  • contrary (US1)contrary (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    Just looked at Hungarian Forum..Wow..they have entire co-ops agreeing on their dissatisfaction with the "enhanced CC"..and not going to participate. If this sentiment runs through all servers AND folks actually do not participate...who knows..maybe GGS will figure out they can't do whatever they want & ignore player input?? But, the reality of it is, even with all the dissension the outcome of the CC will be the same as usual. I sure hope I'm wrong about that...but at any rate...YEEHAW!!! Happy Farming..
  • gazdaság11 (HU1)gazdaság11 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 1,009
    Just looked at Hungarian Forum..Wow..they have entire co-ops agreeing on their dissatisfaction with the "enhanced CC"..and not going to participate. If this sentiment runs through all servers AND folks actually do not participate...who knows..maybe GGS will figure out they can't do whatever they want & ignore player input?? But, the reality of it is, even with all the dissension the outcome of the CC will be the same as usual. I sure hope I'm wrong about that...but at any rate...YEEHAW!!! Happy Farming..
    Hope dies last! (proverb)
  • I dislike this change. I agree with others that suggest allowing players the option to choose between the old coop championship prizes and the newly proposed prizes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file