Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Do messages get deleted?

Hi, everyone!
A lot of online games will delete your messages after a set amount of time, unless they're posted on a message board or something.
Does the in-game messaging feature (player to player, not to the co-op chat, though I'd like to know that too!) have a message expiry date? Or can I (hypothetically) read a message from a year ago?
Thank you for your help!

Best Answers

• amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    edited 27.08.2016 Answer ✓
    As far as I know (and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong), the messages only get deleted to make place for new ones, as required. So if you have not received many messages in a year's time, for example, you can theoretically still have all of them sitting there in your inbox.

Looking at my own it seems that you can have 25 outgoing messages and 75 incoming messages at any one time in your mailbox on the farm.  So as soon as, for eg. you receive a 76th message, the oldest (no 1) will drop away at the bottom to make room for the new one ( and thus be lost permanently).

Hope this makes sense to you  :)

PS.       Oh, and as regards the chat - that is very temporary.
    It also seems to "fill up", just scrolling on and on continuously. If you have a talkative coop, you will, therefore, not even be able to see the chat of the morning anymore by the time supper rolls around.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Answer ✓
    @amandaps (INT1) is correct. you can also delete messages, select the ones with a check mark that you want to delete then in the top left corn of the message area is delete button. After selecting the ones you want to delete click the button and clear out the unwanted messages.
    I have a message that is over 2 years old from when I first joined the co op I am in. ;)

Answers

• amandaps (INT1)amandaps (INT1) INT1 Posts: 300
    edited 27.08.2016 Answer ✓
    As far as I know (and I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong), the messages only get deleted to make place for new ones, as required. So if you have not received many messages in a year's time, for example, you can theoretically still have all of them sitting there in your inbox.

Looking at my own it seems that you can have 25 outgoing messages and 75 incoming messages at any one time in your mailbox on the farm.  So as soon as, for eg. you receive a 76th message, the oldest (no 1) will drop away at the bottom to make room for the new one ( and thus be lost permanently).

Hope this makes sense to you  :)

PS.       Oh, and as regards the chat - that is very temporary.
    It also seems to "fill up", just scrolling on and on continuously. If you have a talkative coop, you will, therefore, not even be able to see the chat of the morning anymore by the time supper rolls around.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Answer ✓
    @amandaps (INT1) is correct. you can also delete messages, select the ones with a check mark that you want to delete then in the top left corn of the message area is delete button. After selecting the ones you want to delete click the button and clear out the unwanted messages.
    I have a message that is over 2 years old from when I first joined the co op I am in. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file