Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Is it worthwhile having a US forum?

The forums are not easy to navigate and I find so much of the information to be duplicative between the US and EN forums. I think the EN forum has more information and is followed by more people. Both are in English (primarily).

Is the US forum necessary?  Mods, please help me understand why it was created.

It would be more efficient to have all English speaking players use the EN forum, and get the same information.Thoughts from other players, please. 

Best Answers

• CM PopeyeCM Popeye Posts: 535
    Answer ✓
    I think that directing the new players to the US forum was a way o get it started and once it got started and became a viable concern they added the rest to the mix.  I think now that the US hopefully has a reliable CM it's not such a bad place.
    Geeeeeee thanks ;) I am trying my best to get these forums off the ground, but I also love the diversity it gives us. I hope all of you guys take advantage of both.

-Popeye
  • Answer ✓
    Thanks for all the great feedback!

I like what is offered in both forums. The trouble I see is that there is so much duplication of effort for the people trying to get and give information or share experiences about the game. In the end, it would be more efficient to have one English speaking forum.

However, Popeye is doing a great job and I would not want to see mod opportunities lost. Popeye is a good communicator. Some people seem to prefer the US forum. It is far better than what was originally offered because both new and established players can now access it and post. Thank you!

Answers

• SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    I totally agree with you. Besides I always have to go to the EN forum to get the latest news on just about everything. The US forum is usually way behind on info for players. I no longer go to the US server.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 11.08.2016
    I agree with AlabasterGamer, it is very hard these days to find information on the forum. It would be an awesome idea to combine the 2 forums. We seem to share all info anyway so why not keep it all together in one place for all to find.

I added this statement because it seems someone Flagged me for this post. Why would you do that? Where is the Abuse in this post?
    Post edited by CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I have no idea why they decided to create a separate forum for the United States. Many of the new players have no idea that this forum isn't the end all and be all of the forums. There's a whole WORLD of Big Farm forums to explore and communicate with the players in other countries. Heck, they aren't even told how to go to the EN forum until they are told by someone here. There should be an option to choose between the US forum and the EN forum when you use the in-game link.  :)  
  • adoptapet (US1)adoptapet (US1) Posts: 1,760
    edited 22.04.2016
    I agree.  While it is fairly easy to change the US to EN in the link, new players do not know this option.  This topic has been around for a while and discussed in the following link.  Perhaps elsewhere as well.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/discussion/118728/official-announcements-en-vs-us-forums

Edited to add:  it is interesting that they think the US forum requires a "native" language, roflmbo

• Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    I agree, there seems no good reason to have two separate English language forums.  Surely having just one would make it easier for GGS staff to respond to questions and issues.
  • Ros7 (US1)Ros7 (US1) Posts: 202
    The forums are not easy to navigate and I find so much of the information to be duplicative between the US and EN forums. I think the EN forum has more information and is followed by more people. Both are in English (primarily).

Is the US forum necessary?  Mods, please help me understand why it was created.

It would be more efficient to have all English speaking players use the EN forum, and get the same information.Thoughts from other players, please. 
    I do really like this forum, Idk why you think we should use the EN forum and not this one...We are playing in the US server, and all servers have their own forums, I am from Spain and I am playing in the US one cause I like the server... and I like this forum and the people here, and not the spanish one...

Forums are not easy to navigate is true, but I always find everything in place here without problems,  the only problem is "some" player that post 3 or 4 times the same post and topic almost daily in the wrong categories and is very repetitive and irritating, but this is only a puntual case, " he/she maybe doesn't know how it works" , but the rest have no problems. ;) 
    Would be nice if more players participate here too, we are thousands of players in the US server and not many active people are here in the forum.

I almost never use the EN forum ... I think here the people that participate are very kind and nice, I found really helpful people here that always are helping everyone, and our moderator @CM Popeye is doing a very good job here too.
     I dont go where the people go more... I go where I feel comfort and welcome, and here is the place, probabily if they take off the US forum I won't go to the other ... it is just my personal thougt...
  • @Ros7 (US1)   Back in the old days of the game, there was only the EN server for English speakers.  When they went to the Vanilla forum, that is when they split it into 2 and added the US forum   Many wonderful and helpful folks kept using the EN forum.  I check both as information and forum friends are using both. 

My old brain seems to think that we chose a language in the old days, now we choose a country.

As I mentioned earlier,  I routinely check both.
    Yes surely you are right @adoptapet (US1) and there are a lot of nice people too, but my old brain likes this one more ;) maybe cause it is the first one that I came to.
  • Is the US forum necessary?  Mods, please help me understand why it was created.

I have asked this question several times since they split the English forum into 2.  A moderator has NEVER responded.
  • Thanks everyone, for adding to this discussion.

To be clear, I would not want to lose any of the mods. They are all super. My suggestion would be to add anyone related to the US forum to the EN forum. It would be helpful to have mods online in different time zones. Perhaps questions like this would be answered faster. If @Cookiie4me (US1) had a reply, this post would not have been started. 
  • Thanks everyone, for adding to this discussion.

To be clear, I would not want to lose any of the mods. They are all super. My suggestion would be to add anyone related to the US forum to the EN forum. It would be helpful to have mods online in different time zones. Perhaps questions like this would be answered faster. If @Cookiie4me (US1) had a reply, this post would not have been started. 
    I like your idea about mods in different time zones.  I've suggested the game developers use the in-game message system to send out official announcements.  Many players rarely come to the forum and they must be amazed when new buildings/events appear.

If we all received official announcements directly to our mailboxes in the game we would be better informed on changes to the game.  The forum could be an exchange of game strategy, and not the constant quest for basic information it has become.
  • I've been on this US servers all my life. I'm afraid that you people misunderstood with this person that wrote this problem about US servers. I just put all the flags.
  • I've been on this US servers all my life. I'm afraid that you people misunderstood with this person that wrote this problem about US servers. I just put all the flags.
    I think you may also be misunderstanding us old-timers.  We were not talking about the servers.  Only the splitting of the english language forum into 2 parts a while back.  Before you came I believe.

You may wish to try visiting that forum by going here:
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/

• monica1230 (US1)monica1230 (US1) Posts: 370
    edited 23.04.2016
    Back on the old forum when it got too busy they started the US forum, any new players that joined the game (created an account on US server) we routed to the new US forum instead of the EN forum.  The biggest problem was that you could not cross post between the 2 forums.  The EN users could read the US and the US could read the EN, but no posting.  So the older co-ops that had mostly long time members could not go to the US forum to post looking for members, and the new players couldn't post questions and get as much feedback from the long time players.  There was no way to  route the new players to the EN forum to read posts unless a Mod posted there.  In my coop I would share a link and the newer players were frustrated they could not post on the threads.  We ended up having to share info and ask someone to post on the other forum.  So now while we are routed to the US when we log in we are able to toggle between the two forums, post to each and message members of each one. 
  • edited 23.04.2016
    I've been on this US servers all my life. I'm afraid that you people misunderstood with this person that wrote this problem about US servers. I just put all the flags.
    As @adoptapet (US1) pointed out, there was no mistaking my question. The forum is not necessarily related to the server. This thread is only asking about the forums and the usefulness of having a US forum when we have the EN forum (both for English language speakers). 

monica1230 (US1) said: Back on the old forum when it got too busy they started the US forum, any new players that joined the game (created an account on US server) we routed to the new US forum instead of the EN forum.  The biggest problem was that you could not cross post between the 2 forums.  The EN users could read the US and the US could read the EN, but no posting.  So the older co-ops that had mostly long time members could not go to the US forum to post looking for members, and the new players couldn't post questions and get as much feedback from the long time players.  There was no way to  route the new players to the EN forum to read posts unless a Mod posted there.  In my coop I would share a link and the newer players were frustrated they could not post on the threads.  We ended up having to share info and ask someone to post on the other forum.  So now while we are routed to the US when we log in we are able to toggle between the two forums, post to each and message members of each one. 

Thank you for explaining the initial problems with the new US forum very well. I am so glad we are past that chapter of frustration with the forums and inaccessibility of information. What we now have is an improvement, but still puts some players at a disadvantage. I see posts by frustrated players asking about server down times that are regularly posted on the EN forum, but not on the US. Contest posts are directed to the EN forum instead of the US. Questions are answered and information is given on both US and EN forums that would be more comprehensive on one single forum. 

Now, as both US and EN are setup in the same format and are accessible by all, I reach my initial question regarding the purpose of having the US forum. This is not about censoring information. It is about combining it to give better results, with the same great mods combining their efforts.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I've been on this US servers all my life. I'm afraid that you people misunderstood with this person that wrote this problem about US servers. I just put all the flags.
      The forum is a place where we express our opinions. Rather that discuss your opinion in this thread, you instead chose to misuse the flag button. What makes it even worse is that YOU are the one who misunderstood the topic!  :#
  • @12thDoctorWho (US1)   Here is an example of the issue we are discussing.  There has been a fun contest with game rewards posted Only in the EN forum.  So, if English speakers do not check Both forums, they miss out.  Go here is you would like a chance to win a prize:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/categories/forum-contests-awards

• SassyMiss (US1)SassyMiss (US1) US1 Posts: 349
    There are many contests and news about upcoming events that are listed on the EN forum that are usually begun or close to half over before being listed on the US forum. And sometimes it's players that read it here first and post it in a thread in the US forum. 
  • Pingo4 (US1)Pingo4 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    edited 23.04.2016
    I agree, there seems no good reason to have two separate English language forums.  Surely having just one would make it easier for GGS staff to respond to questions and issues.
    To the dear person who flagged that post - why?  What could you possibly find objectionable there?  Or do you just flag posts to express your own mean-spiritedness? 

I rarely post in this forum, as I have always preferred the other forum.  And having posts flagged for no reason whatsoever only reinforces that preference.  
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 23.04.2016
    @Pingo4 (US1)  That was done by this guy:

12thDoctorWho (US1) said:

who obviously doesn't understand what flagging means
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I check both forums regularly.  The funny thing is, there's a thread on the EN forum:  "Is this forum dying?"

I will say that, while there used to be an exchange of useful information, now most posts are rants and complaints about the game.   And this is on both forums.
  • I think part of the problem is that 1 person, Popeye, has been doing the work here alone.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    There has been a fun contest with game rewards posted Only in the EN forum.  So, if English speakers do not check Both forums, they miss out.

Actually the Forum contest are posted on both forums now.  Link below will take you to the most recent one.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/us/discussion/123758/forum-contest-who-am-i#latest
  • Multiple forums are confusing and require extra effort and time. The more time I put into the forums, and checking the different server posts, the less time I have for my game.

I do have my own opinions about the game, and even agree with wanting to discuss some game things, but I don't agree with spending my life in this game. Spending time in the forum is the same as spending it in the game. I limit my time and try to pop into the game when I can throughout the day, but almost every time I come to the forums, my time is up. That means that I spent my time reading, but not often responding in the forums. Even if there are topics worth participating in, I just am not willing to devote that much time on a regular basis.

When I hear from others that there is something of interest in another server, it just makes me feel much more overwhelmed and frustrated because it seems like perusing different forums is practically required for this game. There are many people that choose to play, but not be deeply entrenched in the forum. I know I'd rather wait until one of my co-op mates mentions something I might be interested in checking out. Although, as I said before, by the time I visit the forum, I don't have as much time left to play the game. The forum is a big distraction because it can quickly zap so much time - even just reading. That's why I rarely post in the forums - I don't like the way they are disorganized. Many of the categories are not specific enough, which I think would make it easier for people, especially new members to post in correct sections.

Nonetheless, to have to deal with forums on different servers regularly is more than I will ever be willing to do. It's a time drain, even while knowing that I miss stuff that is posted on the other servers. I just keep thinking if it is important enough, someone will surely tell me. Often, it is the case that I avoid the forums until someone points me specifically to a post/discussion.

I most definitely will not be checking multiple forums just because there is more than one English-speaking forum.

I think a mistake was made by presenting two different English-speaking servers, but I don't see that ggs will change their mistake. Nor do I think it will solve all the problems with miscommunication and the failure to communicate certain events and discussions in a timely manner that is appropriate for all the time zones.

Anyhow, my forum spelunking time is done. I'm too tired to go play the game, but wanted to add my input as I know the issue is important to address. I just don't see it as a problem that ggs will address correctly since it never made sense to me how they thought separate English and US forums would benefit the players. My guess is that it might have made it easier for maintenance or programming, or some other hogwash, instead of just doing things right from the start.

If there is some behind-the-scenes administrative stuff that required the two servers, then surely this will be taken care of as expeditiously as the bugs in the game. This sentence is most definitely sarcasm. GGS doesn't really make money off the forums, so I doubt they are motivated to clear up the confusion in the two English-speaking forums. 
  • We may not need the US Forum it may be redundant, I however feel more at home here then in EN.  I also think some of the game issues are particular to the US so why not have both?  All one has to do is decide for themselves which makes them more comfortable, gives good information, and allows one to express an opinion or a thought that needs to addressed.
    We may not need the US Forum it may be redundant, I however feel more at home here then in EN.  I also think some of the game issues are particular to the US so why not have both?  All one has to do is decide for themselves which makes them more comfortable, gives good information, and allows one to express an opinion or a thought that needs to addressed.
    Total agree @FunnyWalker22 (US1)  :)
  • hi
  • I agree. What's the point in having two English servers, when you can just have one? The official news usually isn't up to date on the US forum anyways. It would make searches way easier as well with only one forum. Are we able to change the default forum on the game to jump to whatever forum we like? If not, it should be an option. I haven't seen a way to do it, but as far as the game goes, I'm fairly new (haven't been on in a while). Also, the forums should be synced, at least for the official news, so that everyone from the English servers are getting the same exact information, no matter what server they jump to.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    -Nightingale- (US1) said:
    It would make searches way easier as well with only one forum. Are we able to change the default forum on the game to jump to whatever forum we like? If not, it should be an option. I haven't seen a way to do it, but as far as the game goes, I'm fairly new (haven't been on in a while).

There's no way to choose which forum you are directed to from the game. When we had the old forums, those of us that have been here a while were still directed to the EN forum and the new US players were directed to the new US forum. Once we switched over to the new forums we were all directed to the US forum. It never made sense to me to put the new players on a new forum rather than putting them with the experienced players where they can get the help they need. I hope they merge US & EN back together again. I see no need for us to be separated. There's a ton of info that was gathered by the community on the EN forum that would be very helpful to newer and even older players. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file